Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 25, 2019 5:27 AM
May 2009
Moonbladder123 said:
Everyone ............You have to watch Run with the Wind.

Once the bluray comes out. its on my plan to watch.
Oct 25, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2018
I've not seen any of the sports anime mentioned..so i'm not gonna vote. But the best sports anime that i've seen is Captain Tsubasa (2018). I also watched the original on TV in the 90's.
Oct 25, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2019
Yall wrong. Keijo!! is.
If you know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 25, 2019 9:14 PM
Apr 2019
Baki (what if...it was Jojo...but the stands and the stand users were one and the same...)

All Out!! (literally the child of Jojo and Baki how are Jojo fans sleeping on this)

Haven't seen Run With the Wind or Slam Dunk yet.

Is slam dunk good? When I started watching anime in 2014, people said the manga was good but the anime was terrible. Lately however I've been seeing nothing but praise for the anime...
Oct 25, 2019 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
Chihayafuru of course! 3-gatsu no Lion isn't sports but it's bloody brilliant!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2012
Inazuma Eleven is garbage. You should put Captain Tsubasa 2018 instead

I voted for Kuroko no basket.

Hajime no ippo is also good

I did not watch most of the others. Free I watch only season 1. As for Haikyuu, I dropped it after few episodes.

Not big fan of slice of life or realistic sports. Most of them are boring
Oct 27, 2019 12:23 AM
Apr 2018
Kuroko no basuke is God-like basket...the emperor eye, zone is just too hype.
Im watching haikyuu now and the passion and love for the sports is just too much for my brainz to handle but not going to quit
Oct 27, 2019 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
I realize the only sport anime I've ever watched is Ping Pong, so looks like I have no other choice do I? But it's not that I'm reluctant to choose, it's a fantastic series anyway.
. . .
Oct 27, 2019 7:18 AM

Dec 2016
Voted for Slam Dunk, though it's not my favorite. That title still belongs to original Captain Tsubasa, for which it makes me very glad a lot of people are mentioning/remembering here and noticing its glaring omission in the poll considering its tremendous influence not only for sports shounen anime in general, but also for social soccer culture and enthusiasm as well. Many, many current famous soccer players today where inspired by it, which is saying a lot.
Oct 27, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2014
Posts #114 to #216 merged from a duplicate thread.
Oct 27, 2019 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
ThatGayGuyOnMAL said:
Ferien said:
Voted for Slam Dunk, though it's not my favorite. That title still belongs to original Captain Tsubasa, for which it makes me very glad a lot of people are mentioning/remembering here and noticing its glaring omission in the poll considering its tremendous influence not only for sports shounen anime in general, but also for social soccer culture and enthusiasm as well. Many, many current famous soccer players today where inspired by it, which is saying a lot.

Are you honest? I currently watch Captain Tsubasa and I'm almost done, and they make it look like a Soccer match can be won by only one guy: Captain Tsubasa. It's not really realistic. Ganbare! Kickers was much better when it comes to presenting what Teamwork is.

Yes, I'm honest. What exactly would I gain by lying?

I'm aware it's not realistic. I'm aware every match relies heavily on Tsubasa and many of the rest of the players are just fodder, tactically speaking. But I can't care less. Why? Just because I can't care less about sports, sports culture and sports dynamics irl. I sucked at virtually every sport at school, and physical education class was always the worst time of the week of each school year, and I always tried to skip them. I can't care less also about sports competitions, tournaments, leagues and so on, with the exception of the world cup because that one more than a soccer/sport competition is in reality a country/nationalities competition, that's its real appeal.

Anyway, so why Captain Tsubasa if I don't care sports and soccer in particular? Because of its cast. Its cast is really likeable, I love their interactions, how they grow their relationships and how the show focuses a lot on their personal issues as well. And also because it features that heartwarming 80s melodrama flare I fall a lot for.
Oct 27, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2016
Ashita no Joe for me, but if it included manga, it would be tied with Slam Dunk. Honorable mention to Kaze no Sylphid, an underrated horse racing manga not many people give a damn about.
:v
Oct 27, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
My personal top three:

1. YURI!!!ON ICE!
2. Haikyuu!
3. Free!

Still need to watch "Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru" (everyone I know loves that show)
Oct 27, 2019 10:12 AM

May 2018
I voted for Kuroko no Basuke, even though the main character is one of the most boring characters ever, the other characters made it so entertaining that it really became my favorite sports anime. I also really like the animation and art style.
Oct 27, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
WHAT MOTHERFUCKIN BLASPHEMY YOU RETARDED CUNT!!!!!

THE ONLY REAL ANSWER IS KEIJO!!!!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» When did the term “Japanimation” started to become “anime” and what was the cause of that?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

31 by Gashadokur0 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Anime with better story than art

ST63LTH - 11 hours ago

8 by DigiCat »»
9 minutes ago

» what is one popular anime character trope you're tired and sick of ??

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by isolated-otaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Why Don't You Watch More Spooky Anime?

LenRea - Yesterday

28 by Swyzen »»
13 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - May 21

126 by Gashadokur0 »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.