Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Oct 24, 2017 8:22 AM

Oct 2016
I read the MAL synposis and knew it was gonna be about zombies. Before the reveal I'd thought that the whole school was safe, and class was still going for the students while outside was the apocalypse, but never would I have thought that everyone was dead except for the 4 of them. Geez, the part where Yuki was "talking to her classmates" broke me. The way her smile was juxtaposed with a and broken, empty classroom chilled me. Man, this episode was great.
ecwarriorzOct 24, 2017 8:47 AM
Feb 16, 2018 9:15 PM
Jun 2013
dam thats some strong denial on yukis part and I fear for that dog. I just know something bad is going to happen to the dog. I have a feeling this anime is going to be depressing.
Oct 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Oct 2016
I wish I could have gone into this blind. I already knew the twist. Darnit! That would have been awesome to see for the first time.
Feb 23, 2019 2:51 PM
Apr 2016
Almost the whole thing felt like cute girls doing cute things, but at the end...I felt disturbingly uncomfortable, in a way terrified, not even sure why... Seems great so far.
Apr 21, 2019 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
WHOA! So glad I don't read synopsis... I never would've expected this, never in a million years.

10/10 first episode.
Dec 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Nov 2017
So like usually I start watching something completely blind only knowing the name and cover of the anime.

CGDCT here CGDCT there and it's hilarious this gonna be a fun sho-- wait wait what the... ┌(。Д。)┐

Now this should be reallllyyy interesting. Didn't expect it but I hella love this vibe as well!

plz @ me
Dec 27, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2017
I spoiled myself reading the synopsis here, so for me the last scene wasn't that impactful.. still, this is very interesting!
Dec 28, 2019 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Hhmmm, I'll bite for now but it kinda just felt like the whole episode was meaningless Moe just for the sake of tricking us into thinking it was gonna be a comfy show. It may have just had a mediocre start but it felt like it was trying so hard just to pull one over on us that it kinda forgot to do anything else.

And as the tags for it are psychological and horror, it doesn't really come as all that much of a surprise with the zombies at the end. It was mildly clever though how they portrayed the imaginary world to explain the real one. Like this MC is in such denial she's rationalized a club that just lives at school when that probably wouldn't fly in real life.
Feb 7, 2020 1:25 AM
Sep 2019
This is so sad in a way...
Apr 2, 2020 10:46 AM

Feb 2020
I knew the twist so I wasn't at all surprised, but I felt like the way they revealed was very well done, I liked it.
I can't say I liked the episode, though. I'm just not into cute girls doing cute things except for a few exceptions, so of course the only thing that kept me from dropping was the twist. But since now the truth is revealed, I guess it'll get better in the next episode ! I like the idea of a delusional protagonist in a post-apolacyptic world.
But aside from her interesting psychology, Yuki doesn't seem to be a character I'll be very fond of until some episodes in. I just don't get why she's acting like a toddler, even her delusional aspect doesn't seem to explain that, and that's annoying. I don't have much opinion regarding the other characters for now, though I think I'll like Kurumi, she already seems to be an interesting character.
To summarize, I wasn't fond of this episode but that's just because I don't like the CGDCT genre. I really like the premise and I can't wait to see where the anime will go. (But I guess I should prepare myself for the feels, shouldn't I ?)
May 2, 2020 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
ROFL... Yuki seems retarded asf. Idk thats just how it seemed when they flashed her perception vs reality xD RIP dog got leashed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 2, 2020 4:06 PM
Mar 2016
Holy crap! It's the zombie apocalypse and she is bat-shit insane! I thought they were cute before, but now this is very interesting. Hopefully better than When They Cry.
Aug 28, 2020 11:05 PM

May 2010
that was fucking boring
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 29, 2020 5:06 AM

May 2018
Honestly I disliked this one a lot. Hopefully it will turn out to be much better in the next episodes
Dec 29, 2020 3:20 PM

Dec 2020
NO BECAUSE THAT TOOK SUCH A BIG TURN... it was very good though omg
Feb 19, 2021 9:21 PM
Oct 2019
I was honestly getting kind of annoyed by this show. Wasn't sure I was going to keep watching beyond the first episode. I forgot the description said something about it not being as it seemed (I didn't read the whole description. I usually don't. I like to be surprised haha)

But then that twist happened and I was like "Ooooh, ok then. Well that's interesting". that explains the name of the show

I thought all those desks in the hallway was just some sort of "storage" area at the end of a hallway. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Just figured that was common in Japan haha

My only questions are:
1. how did it start?
2. are they the only 4 students left? i can't be sure anyone not in the club is actually real at this point. i'm not even sure the club and the girls in it are real...
3. are they completely cut off from the outside world? is there even an outside world left to be cut off from?
4. how does this end? (i obviously don't want this answered now. the show will do that on its own, hopefully)

5/10 pre-reveal
7/10 overall

Let's go
Nov 17, 2021 10:23 AM
Feb 2021

I loved the episode :)
Feb 17, 2022 4:23 AM

Aug 2020
HagePotPotato said:
I was honestly getting kind of annoyed by this show. Wasn't sure I was going to keep watching beyond the first episode. I forgot the description said something about it not being as it seemed (I didn't read the whole description. I usually don't. I like to be surprised haha)

Same here. They spent half of the episode chasing a dog.

Was boring up to the reveal. Hopefully, it stays that way.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Feb 19, 2022 11:25 PM
Oct 2019
MaxiDennis said:
HagePotPotato said:

Same here. They spent half of the episode chasing a dog.

Was boring up to the reveal. Hopefully, it stays that way.

no spoilers:

i wound up liking this show quite a bit
May 5, 2022 12:11 PM

Dec 2021
Best first episode twist ever put to paper. To those who just finished it, I recommend going through the first episode again. You might pick up on more foreshadowing that you didn't before.
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
May 5, 2022 12:13 PM

Dec 2021
Rasco said:
ROFL... Yuki seems retarded asf. Idk thats just how it seemed when they flashed her perception vs reality xD RIP dog got leashed.

lets not use slurs to describe a mentally ill character please
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Jul 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Aug 9, 2022 9:31 PM
Aug 2022
This episode could be the entire show. I loved this episode so much.
Dec 13, 2022 1:40 PM

Jul 2021
This looks absolutely adorable, can't wait to settle into this moe anime
How can you keep moving forward if you keep regretting the past?

Apr 28, 2023 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
I literally came into this knowing nothing and WHAT!?!?!? THAT WAS SO UNEXPECTED!!!!!!! ZOMBIES!?!?!?!? 

So obviously I understand why they live in school but I wonder why the mc is so delusional, did she see her family die or something and it broke her? Can't wait to find out!
Apr 30, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2019
(rewatch)
i love this episode. as the episode progresses you get slightly more hints about something being off that you might not even notice and then the "twist".
"whats wrong mii?"

HiljainenSipuliApr 30, 2023 7:28 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2023 5:12 PM
May 2023
nice plottwist at end
May 26, 2023 5:58 PM
May 2023
tenia mis expectativas bajas pero estas enfermo pa!
Jun 24, 2023 1:47 AM

Dec 2022
I read the manga ages ago, so I already know how this will play out, more or less.

The thing is, hindsight makes it more interesting. Even before the "reveal", you notice the ominous writing on the chalkboard; the one-sided interaction between the "other people" and anyone except Yuki; the hallways being darkened when the camera pans outside the room the scenes take place in; eating hardtack; the girls being silent or concerned about Yuki when she leaves the room; everyone still being there in the evening; the School Live Club having such a vague objective, etc.

It'd be easy to gloss over that foreshadowing if you went into this only knowing the premise, so it doesn't spoil anything either.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 17, 2023 6:47 PM
Oct 2021
no action or graving my attention or having me hooked.
Oct 15, 2023 3:38 AM

Apr 2013
They got me in the first 90%, not gonna lie. I was wondering about the horror tag on this anime, but I assumed it would be like an occult club at school or something with ghosts. It's a full blown zombie apocalypse though in a SoL setting, intriguing.
Oct 19, 2023 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Here we go.
Happy Moe Anime....

Bruhh what was that twist at the end.
they already give us multiple hint throughout the episode.

JAW DROPPING!!
Nov 8, 2023 10:18 AM
Jan 2022
Very cool set up loved the build up and the way the little clues were littered around
Jan 4, 1:21 AM

Oct 2022
Love how it has a happy school life intro at the beginning and the whole episode they make it seem like a happy slice of life of cute girls then suddenly that ending changes how you look at it. Then I looked at the genre and I'm like "wtf"
Jan 7, 9:20 PM

Sep 2018
I knew about this show prior to watching and how it wasn't what it initially seemed to be, so I did see some of the clues early in the first episode (the broken glass and the way the other School Live girls sometimes acted), but still wasn't fully expecting the whole twist, the situation they're in and the main girls mindset.
Jan 8, 5:45 PM

Jun 2020
I did know there is a plot twist but I didint know what type and it done was prettu good not gonna lie all episode I was looking at the clues and because of different uniform of girls one of idea in my head was that they’re dead. But I was wrong.
Jan 13, 6:06 PM

Nov 2023
90%- Dog chasing CGDCT

10% Actual horror
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.