Forum Settings
Forums

SAY LOVE: Same Sex Marriage To Be Legal In ALL 50 States

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Jul 4, 2015 10:22 PM
Jul 2013
xXxweedfiendxXx said:
If you watch anime you're automatically gay anyway, even once

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Jul 4, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted to contribute to the discussion, but damn, this thread's really gone to sh*t.
Jul 5, 2015 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
shotz_ said:
pokemastanumba1 said:
I wanted to contribute to the discussion, but damn, this thread's really gone to sh*t.
i can't believe there's people that would argue for 20 pages over boys kissing boys

I understand wanting the opportunity to become involved in the institution of marriage, but not actually wanting to belabor oneself with it. It's a general crapshoot for most people--especially young, upperclass men.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 5, 2015 12:28 AM

Oct 2008
Cool.
What's next? Pushing it, so they could marry in church?
Jul 5, 2015 12:42 AM

Dec 2014

Jul 5, 2015 12:43 AM
Jun 2014
Why is this thread still going? Have a break, keyboard warriors.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 AM

Feb 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Urgh wanted to say something but this discussion looks too toxic and too reliant on quantity of arguments instead of quality of arguments... and that for both "sides". I am out.

Every time I tried to cut back on (what I considered irrelevant) parts of the discussion, he'd start whining that I wasn't responding to those points, so I eventually just decided to not give him the excuse.

It is certainly annoying when discussions turn into hydras like that though.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 5, 2015 1:28 AM

Jun 2008
You guys ever wonder if Christians are secretly jealous at the amount of sex gay people are getting?

I mean, as a chrsitian you're not allowed to have "Fornication" (Sex outside marriage) and even within a marriage stricter sects of Christianity says you should only have sex to reproduce not fro recreation.

Christianity is a puritanical belief filled with shaming the individual for giving into their desires....

The whole Adam and Eve thing is all about that.

They gave into their desires and were punished.

From the second the bible gets started it discourages self thought, seeking knowledge, and of course indulging in things that make you feel good.

Even in my old Christian days I was jealous of the certain restrictions I had.....I can at least admit to that.
Jul 5, 2015 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:
Psychology has specific guidelines of what is and what is not a mental illness.
Those Guidelines are politically motivated, though. Again, being impaired is not a Criterion to define a Sickness or Illness, but rather the Absence of Normality. You wouldn't really call yourself sick if you only had a slight Cold that didn't affect your daily Life, now would you?

That is absurd. It will never become a mysandronistic society just because of such a procedure. In fact the countries with the highest birth rates are highly mysogonystic and polygamous.
Who knows. Personally, I would prefer if it didn't come to that. I'm not supporting the exact Opposite, either.

Then free will is an illness by your standards.
"free will" doesn't exist, our Minds get too much influenced by outer Factors. Even Parasites might control us already:
http://www.livescience.com/7019-mind-control-parasites.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2073936/Could-hackers-develop-virus-infect-human-mind.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/12/06/when-microorganisms-control-the-mind/

Besides, it's a different Matter altogether if you choose to not follow your biological Instinct or if you cannot follow it (correctly) due to inner Circumstances.

-----

JustALEX said:
I mean, as a chrsitian you're not allowed to have "Fornication" (Sex outside marriage) and even within a marriage stricter sects of Christianity says you should only have sex to reproduce not fro recreation.
Not every Christian lives under a strongly conservative and/or puritanical Belief. Being with one Partner you love at a Time while avoiding Promiscuity is perfectly fine for a large Majority.
Also, this whole Topic reeks too much of the "All Christians have to be against Gays" and the "Everyone against homosexual Marriages is against Homosexuals in General" Fallacies.
Jul 5, 2015 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
LadyRenly said:

No thank you. That will just make the courtroom a dog and pony show, saying and doing anything to get voted. As a judge, if your career rides on making the popular decision, you won't be true to the law.

I commend you for understanding the nature of the Supreme Court. Depoliticization is the key to more accurate, reasonable rulings in the name of constitutional law, and the general betterment of the United States.

It's not like they lose their jobs, they're judges for life.
Jul 5, 2015 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
PeripheralVision said:
YandereTheEmo said:

I commend you for understanding the nature of the Supreme Court. Depoliticization is the key to more accurate, reasonable rulings in the name of constitutional law, and the general betterment of the United States.

Are you sure you responded to the right person?
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 5, 2015 2:46 AM

Jun 2008
Noboru said:
Not every Christian lives under a strongly conservative and/or puritanical Belief. Being with one Partner you love at a Time while avoiding Promiscuity is perfectly fine for a large Majority.
Also, this whole Topic reeks too much of the "All Christians have to be against Gays" and the "Everyone against homosexual Marriages is against Homosexuals in General" Fallacies.

Yes, true enough, not all christians believe "X"...

But the thing about this is that the christians who do believe in "X" are able to show justification for their belief.

Sure not all christians believe you shouldn't fornicate, but then I can give you this verse:

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

^See.

It's the same thing for gay marriage and homosexuality in general....not all christians are against it, but the ones that ARE can give you verse after verse on the bible strictly condemning it.

If this alone is not enough evidence that there is no such thing as a REAL christian faith, I don't know what is.
Jul 5, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2007
JustALEX said:
Noboru said:

Yes, true enough, not all christians believe "X"...

But the thing about this is that the christians who do believe in "X" are able to show justification for their belief.

Sure not all christians believe you shouldn't fornicate, but then I can give you this verse:

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

^See.

It's the same thing for gay marriage and homosexuality in general....not all christians are against it, but the ones that ARE can give you verse after verse on the bible strictly condemning it.

If this alone is not enough evidence that there is no such thing as a REAL christian faith, I don't know what is.

I didn't know bipolar people were banned from Heaven.
Jul 5, 2015 2:58 AM

Dec 2010
Noboru said:
In my Opinion, Research shouldn't be done to fulfill absurd Wishes (getting own biological Children in a homosexual Relationship), but rather about curing the Circumstances preventing you from having Children the natural Way.

Best Quote Ever.

Noboru said:

Then free will is an illness by your standards.
"free will" doesn't exist, our Minds get too much influenced by outer Factors. Even Parasites might control us already:
http://www.livescience.com/7019-mind-control-parasites.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2073936/Could-hackers-develop-virus-infect-human-mind.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/12/06/when-microorganisms-control-the-mind/

Besides, it's a different Matter altogether if you choose to not follow your biological Instinct or if you cannot follow it (correctly) due to inner Circumstances.

What. ;^)
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Jul 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
PeripheralVision said:

Are you sure you responded to the right person?

Yes.
Jul 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Aug 2014
Why is this thread still alive? It should've died a few days ago.
Jul 5, 2015 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
JustALEX said:

This Passage hasn't mentioned Homosexuality and/or Marriage anywhere. Also, "kingdom of God" can be interpreted as symbolic, because I can't imagine them having had truly happy Lives when they did all that.

jesujej said:
What. ;^)
It's just that the Extent of our "free will" is debatable.

MechaKiryu said:
Why is this thread still alive? It should've died a few days ago.
Only 14 Postings more and we will have definitely surpassed that Magic Thread.
Jul 5, 2015 3:33 AM

May 2014
oh lord ...
trolls and religious people are more invested in this thread then gay people are ... #MAL indeed.
Jul 5, 2015 3:43 AM

Dec 2010
Noboru said:

jesujej said:
What. ;^)
It's just that the Extent of our "free will" is debatable.

Crazy.
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Jul 5, 2015 4:39 AM

Feb 2015
JustALEX said:

Pretty sure that's evidence that the REAL Christian faith comes from those that actually take their views from what is written in the Bible and practice what they preach.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 5, 2015 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
rheum said:
Noboru said:
This Passage hasn't mentioned Homosexuality and/or Marriage anywhere. Also, "kingdom of God" can be interpreted as symbolic, because I can't imagine them having had truly happy Lives when they did all that.

I dunno... I figure it's pretty hard not to be happy when you're taking part in drunken orgies.
This isn't true Happiness imho. You might feel great Satisfaction for one Moment, but not long-lasting Happiness.
Jul 5, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
LadyRenly said:

No thank you. That will just make the courtroom a dog and pony show, saying and doing anything to get voted. As a judge, if your career rides on making the popular decision, you won't be true to the law.

SCOTUS is definitely not depoliticized, they're all partisans, selected by the president at that time.
Jul 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2008
Thread locked
The thread topic has derailed into a casual discussion on same-sex marriage in general rather than the supreme court ruling itself. The thread has been cleaned multiple times already with moderators leaving warnings to no avail. The arguments have become circular and the whole thread is riddled with spam, trolling and off-topic posts.

The two week mark for the thread is also approaching, which means this will no longer be considered a current event. There is no reason to keep it open anymore due to the type of content it has generated, as such it has been locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.