Forum Settings
Forums

Revert changes to "profile" tab (currently "my page") [SOLUTION IN OP]

New
May 11, 2015 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
I see no reason for the change. Can't even access my panel easily now. Also keep clicking my messages zzzz

fix for panel option:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1382401#msg39795420

big thanks to akarin and shishio
210125May 11, 2015 7:20 PM
May 11, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
I agree
May 11, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
Also agree
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
May 11, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
Agreed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2010
Well since you asked nicely, no.

Just click the logo at the top like any normal person, it's easier than going through the drop down.
May 11, 2015 9:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Bosshuton said:
I see no reason for the change. Can't even access my panel easily now. Also keep clicking my messages zzzz

You can acess your painel right away by clicking on MyAnimeList Logo right above my page and other stuff bar.
May 11, 2015 9:34 AM
Mar 2014
Yeah, just use the MyAnimeList logo to go there..
May 11, 2015 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
Agreed, I know you can use logo but still I preferred it how it was.
May 11, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
You people are such anti progressists, whenever a change is implemented you have to complain. I honestly see absolutely no problem with this change. Assessing your panel is hard? You mean clicking on the logo right at the top of the page? Speechless.
May 11, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2013
Agafin said:
You people are such anti progressists, whenever a change is implemented you have to complain. I honestly see absolutely no problem with this change. Assessing your panel is hard? You mean clicking on the logo right at the top of the page? Speechless.
get off your high horse. You can't respect others' opinions? Speechless.

for those of you saying click the logo, there are stylish themes where the logo is disabled.

regardless of that, the change was unnecessary. Accessing the panel wasn't the sole purpose of the thread. Nobody was complaining about how the profile tab functioned before, why change that now.
May 11, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
Let's all abandon MAL because of this problem of epic proportions.
Have you cuddled yer spoon recently ?

May 11, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2010
Bosshuton said:
for those of you saying click the logo, there are stylish themes where the logo is disabled.

regardless of that, the change was unnecessary. Accessing the panel wasn't the sole purpose of the thread. Nobody was complaining about how the profile tab functioned before, why change that now.
Then that's a problem with the stylish theme that you chose to install, not the site.

The profile tab and this are two different things. You want to know what was unnecessary? Having two links to the Panel so close to each other, taking out the drop down one made the drop down cleaner. Clicking the logo is faster so I don't see the problem.
May 11, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Dokubachi said:
Yeah lets
May 11, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2014
Klad said:
Dokubachi said:
Yeah lets

shit, i even laughed at the loging out thing.
May 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:

The profile tab and this are two different things. You want to know what was unnecessary? Having two links to the Panel so close to each other, taking out the drop down one made the drop down cleaner. Clicking the logo is faster so I don't see the problem.

It really didn't make it cleaner whatsoever, and there are others who agree that they liked the old format better, so that's a matter of preference, but as there was no issue before, I do not see the change being necessary.

Also, I was addressing the profile tab, not the logo.
210125May 11, 2015 12:48 PM
May 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Agafin said:
This. You guys don't know what you fucking want.
TyrelMay 11, 2015 3:14 PM
May 11, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
Syrup- said:
Agafin said:
This. You guys don't know what you fucking want. Shut up.
You clearly can't read. It's quite obvious what I fucking want.
TyrelMay 11, 2015 3:15 PM
May 11, 2015 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
Bosshuton said:
It really didn't make it cleaner whatsoever,
rofl do you just use whatever terms you can think of? Because what they did was the very definition of 'cleaning up'
Bosshuton said:
but as there was no issue before, I do not see the change being necessary.
okay. Explain all these (wow mods stop deleting threads) topics then

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1371495
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1371718

Also let me explain why your suggestion is retarded. If they revert the tab to "profile" we'll be having a million threads pop up about changing it back because you guys don't know what you want. Not only that, but they will be right about changing it back to this, since it doesn't make any sense. Ever since they removed the ability to click on the tab to get to your profile page, the tab had been redundant. Changing it to My Page was an intelligent, cleaner step to making the site more cohesive.
TyrelMay 11, 2015 3:16 PM
May 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
Actually if you read those threads, users want the profile tab to be clickable again, which I am all for. None, but one of the posts suggest deleting the panel button. Eratik's thread began as moving the profile button up, but pretty much all of the posts support bringing back the tab being clickable.

Syrup- said:
Also let me explain why your suggestion is retarded. If they revert the tab to "profile" we'll be having a million threads pop up about changing it back because you guys don't know what you want. Not only that, but they will be right about changing it back to this, since it doesn't make any fucking sense. Ever since they removed the ability to click on the tab to get to your profile page, the tab had been redundant. Changing it to My Page was an intelligent, cleaner step to making the site more cohesive.

It's quite clear that nobody is against making the tab clickable again. That is what caused this entire problem in the first place. And they already made a mobile mal, so it shouldn't be a problem to revert the profile tab being clickable again, and re-adding panel.
TyrelMay 11, 2015 3:17 PM
May 11, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Bosshuton said:
It's quite clear that nobody is against making the tab clickable again. That is what caused this entire problem in the first place. And they already made a mobile mal, so it shouldn't be a problem to revert the profile tab being clickable again, and re-adding panel.
Except literally every person who has been accidentally thrown onto the PC site and can't navigate it without this change. Also, the people who are sensible enough to realize this can happen are for this change. Does it hurt your hand to move the cursor around the menu system or something? They even added a button to the top right because of this complaint, and most people complained "EW THIS IS LIKE FACEBOOK GROSS GET IT OUT"

You guys have no clue what you want.

edit: you know the funniest part? You guys aren't complaining about how messy the settings tabs are now, and you're not even complaining that they added a link to the list in the top right.
TyrelMay 11, 2015 3:18 PM
May 11, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
Syrup- said:
Except literally every person who has been accidentally thrown onto the PC site and can't navigate it without this change. Also, the people who are sensible enough to realize this can happen are for this change. Does it hurt your hand to move the cursor around the menu system or something? They even added a button to the top right because of this complaint, and most people complained "EW THIS IS LIKE FACEBOOK GROSS GET IT OUT"

You guys have no clue what you want.
You literally do not know what the term literally means. Furthermore, you link me 2 threads about the change, and then post exactly the opposite of the intentions of those threads. You keep saying "you guys have no clue what you want"; do you not realize that this is a matter of preference? "you guys" is not one group of opinions.

Why the mal logo even links to panel, rather than having an actual panel tab is beyond me.

In the end, this is only a suggestion. You act as if everything that gets suggested here will be enforced. Your guys' flaming is unnecessary.

Syrup- said:
edit: you know the funniest part? You guys aren't complaining about how messy the settings tabs are now, and you're not even complaining that they added a link to the list in the top right. Get out. If you're going to complain about small things, go big or go home.
not everyone has had a chance to see all the changes yet. I agree, the settings tabs now are more messy, and that is due to this change. They had to add panel settings to the profile settings page. If you didn't know, a good portion of users have installed themes that completely hide the top right profile links, due to its unappealing aesthetics. That is why we have not noticed any changes made to that.
210125May 11, 2015 1:17 PM
May 11, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Agafin said:
Agreed.
May 11, 2015 2:05 PM

Oct 2011
A bit of practice and you should get used to it. Was the same for me. But I prefer it this way, the panel option was unnecessary since I always click on the MAL logo for the panel.

May 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Nov 2014
i didnt even know you could click on the logo. thanks now i know.
May 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Holy moly. Calm down people. There's no need to flame.
May 11, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2012
Fucked said:
i didnt even know you could click on the logo. thanks now i know.
U can do it for a lot of websites, it usually takes you to the website's home page
May 11, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
fix for the panel option

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1382401#msg39795420

thread can be closed
May 12, 2015 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
WAD1992 said:
Klad said:
Yeah lets

shit, i even laughed at the loging out thing.

Honestly, I've nearly left MAL completely, twice. Problem is that Hummingbird and Anilist are worse. I tried?

Anyhow, the panel thing bugs the heck outta me, but besides that, I don't mind the other changes to the header.

More topics from this board

» Private Interest Stacks

GoodbyeNosta1gia - Yesterday

0 by GoodbyeNosta1gia »»
Yesterday, 2:24 PM

» Tbr List Suggestion

quartz_goblin - Yesterday

0 by quartz_goblin »»
Yesterday, 10:04 AM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

14 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 23, 7:15 AM

» is it possible to add a like/heart feature for those who prefer not to rate things?

FruitPunchBaka - May 23

0 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 23, 5:33 AM

» Cap the maximum YT embeds / Don't preload YouTube embeds in spoiler blocks

Daviljoe193 - May 21

5 by xLoop »»
May 22, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.