Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 10:04 AM
Apr 2024
The tbr function is super handy but I'd love to have more options for organising the list, like being able to make sub-lists based on genre etc. That way it'd feel less overwhelming and make things easier to find.
Jun 25, 1:58 AM

Sep 2019
For future reference, what even is Tbr? Don't just assume everyone is familiar. :'D To be read?
Did you know that Notes are public? How do you personally use them?
Cast your vote and add a reply to this suggestion to let the devs know:
Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)
Jun 29, 10:24 PM

May 2010
quartz_goblin said:
The tbr function is super handy but I'd love to have more options for organising the list, like being able to make sub-lists based on genre etc. That way it'd feel less overwhelming and make things easier to find.

@quartz_goblin
you can make sub lists, its called tagging, edit the entry and go to advanced.

use MyAnimeList Tags Updater to tag your anime/manga with genres and more.

My Music Anime
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShaggyZE?status=7&order=6&order2=4&tag=Music
Jul 11, 4:05 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to ShaggyZE
quartz_goblin said:

@quartz_goblin
you can make sub lists, its called tagging, edit the entry and go to advanced.

use MyAnimeList Tags Updater to tag your anime/manga with genres and more.

My Music Anime
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShaggyZE?status=7&order=6&order2=4&tag=Music
@ShaggyZE I know I'm necro-posting, but w/e. I see your point but that's not what I was getting at. Even if you add a tag, if you go to 'filter' there's no option to filter by genre. You can't even click the 'Tag' header and organise it that way and even if you add the 'Genre' column that still doesn't solve the issue.

What I'm suggesting is the ability to create a seperate section, the way you can create various wishlists on other sites, or like a Spotify playlist. Yeah you can create interest stacks but again, you have to access a different part of the website. You should be able break your main lists into more digestible ones, instead of feeling as if you're scrolling for ages. It simply makes sense.

Jul 11, 5:10 AM

May 2010
Reply to quartz_goblin
@ShaggyZE I know I'm necro-posting, but w/e. I see your point but that's not what I was getting at. Even if you add a tag, if you go to 'filter' there's no option to filter by genre. You can't even click the 'Tag' header and organise it that way and even if you add the 'Genre' column that still doesn't solve the issue.

What I'm suggesting is the ability to create a seperate section, the way you can create various wishlists on other sites, or like a Spotify playlist. Yeah you can create interest stacks but again, you have to access a different part of the website. You should be able break your main lists into more digestible ones, instead of feeling as if you're scrolling for ages. It simply makes sense.

@quartz_goblin necro-posting is when you post after a long period, it used to be like 6 months or a year, now with reddit or short attention spans its 1-3 months, so technically not necro-posting, plus your OP so as long as it's still relevant to you, you can post/bump as you like.

Sure it'd be nice but it's been requested before and MAL will likely never add it, just cause similar sites have it doesn't mean all will have that feature, just like the other anime/tv/movie tracking sites don't allow you to edit CSS for your lists, and it doesn't get them more clicks or ad space so...

I've also requested they add genre to the filter list, but they only said that the new owners/programmers had not messed with that area yet which didn't explain anything so instead I use a script and/or just post the ones I use the most on my profile/blog.

https://greasyfork.org/scripts/453588

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

21 by MadanielFL »»
3 hours ago

» Prevent very new accounts from creating public interest stacks (And recommendations).

Daviljoe193 - Sep 21

9 by ScaryOwl »»
9 hours ago

» Like button on user's comments in episode discussions

Katanaoni - Jul 19

8 by CosmicGirl »»
Yesterday, 2:48 PM

» Ignoring sub-boards.

Asako - Jan 6, 2008

4 by TransferUser »»
Yesterday, 1:31 AM

» Blocking or ignoring of certain anime/manga forum discussions/topics

dlee342 - Oct 10, 2017

1 by TransferUser »»
Yesterday, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.