Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
I dont personally see kyoya as abusive, hes just a dick.

We all know he's just pretending not to love her.

But my god is she not an endearing and sweet character.

Do you think she deserves better than the shit she's getting?
Nov 11, 2014 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
It gets better, at least in the manga.

But at the beginning yeah he was a total dick and she should have left him.
Nov 14, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2014
She deserves no better.
Nov 14, 2014 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
In the end, it doesn't really matter, because no matter how shitty she gets treated, she is just gonna keep eating it up because we all know the writers are gonna pull some bullshit to keep these two together. She kind of deserves it for being so weak-minded in the sense that no matter what terrible things Kyouya does to her, if he does just one half-decent thing, she would be very happy to marry and have 20 children with him. So even though I think its wrong to treat people like that, she does deserve what she is getting because of pretty much everything ive listed. Hypocritical, I know.
Nov 14, 2014 11:05 PM

Feb 2013
He acts like an asshole but he's her destiny. Not like we can do something about it. Also, he gets better in the manga. And no, she doesn't deserves better because she's the masochist one.
Nov 15, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2013
automnesouriant said:
He acts like an asshole but he's her destiny. Not like we can do something about it. Also, he gets better in the manga. And no, she doesn't deserves better because she's the masochist one.

blaming the victim like a boss.
Nov 15, 2014 6:59 AM

Nov 2013
As in lot of anime the girl is the abusive one (Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora etc.), this is nice change.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 16, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
She is just overly enthusiastic about having a boyfriend and stuff. She should just start having more self-respect and confidence and think about other stuff besides boyfriends. She literally hasn't thought of anything else from chapter/episode 1.
Kyoya is really a dick though he should drop all this tsundere act before she leaves him. Too bad that's not gonna happen unfortunately considering Erika's character :/ I think it would be a good chance for some sort of character development.
Nov 16, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2011
danae17 said:
She is just overly enthusiastic about having a boyfriend and stuff. She should just start having more self-respect and confidence and think about other stuff besides boyfriends. She literally hasn't thought of anything else from chapter/episode 1.
Kyoya is really a dick though he should drop all this tsundere act before she leaves him. Too bad that's not gonna happen unfortunately considering Erika's character :/ I think it would be a good chance for some sort of character development.

this. this says it all.
Nov 16, 2014 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
Erika deserves it. Fixation on certain things tend to lead to bad outcomes (well since this is shoujo manga/anime, then it'll lead to true love or some crap...). She chose to be stupidly stubborn, she deserves what she get.

abystoma2 said:
As in lot of anime the girl is the abusive one (Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora etc.), this is nice change.

Generally those scenes are more comedic than romantic. Using this abuse in a story and trying to forward the story with abuse as the main focus, this imo isn't a good approach.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 16, 2014 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Kuku_ said:
danae17 said:

this. this says it all.

Except shes had chances to get other boyfriends.

You guys really need to stop blaming the victim. Lol
Nov 17, 2014 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
babymimi said:
She deserves no better.
Girls like her seek out alpha males despite everything else.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
bunny1ov3r said:
babymimi said:
She deserves no better.
Girls like her seek out alpha males despite everything else.

I'll definitely agree with this.
Nov 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2011
Yes, Erika just hit the jackpot with Kyouya, what more she can ask more?! XD
Nov 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Oct 2013
sweetangie said:
Yes, Erika just hit the jackpot with Kyouya, what more she can ask more?! XD

A better owner.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 18, 2014 2:37 AM
Dec 2011
Fuck no.

So far Kyouya is the most dislikeable MC I've seen in a romance. I can't fathom the idea that someone would want to befriend him, much less date him, from a personality standpoint at least.
Cute, not pedo.
Nov 18, 2014 3:24 AM
May 2009
Honestly, both their characters are pretty shit. Generic shoujo misogyny at it's finest.
Nov 18, 2014 4:43 AM

Oct 2010
cri7ica1 said:
Honestly, both their characters are pretty shit. Generic shoujo misogyny at it's finest.
There's no misogyny in this series. Kyouya isn't treating Erika that way just because she's a girl. He's just a sadist who's fond of the dog/master relationship and happens to be brutally honest. Hatred of women has nothing to do with it.
Nov 18, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
Nope. She made the choice to stick around with him, despite all the stuff he did, then I ain't gonna pity her, sorry :/ She is very sweet, yeah, and I don't think she deserves that treatment, but if she doesn't make a solid effort to get out of that relationship, then she's just as much to blame.

His "nice" moments are few and far between, and I really don't know what kind of tragic past would justify treating her that way.
Ah, but it's okay, because she loves him :I
Happens in real life all the bloody time.
Nov 18, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2009
SolvitePriest said:

No, he is not a "dick", he is just a tsundere character.
If there is a female tsundere beating the shit out of the male character and being a total bitch most of the time that is okay. But put it in reverse and people call it misogyny, lol.
Nov 18, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2013
CissySSE said:
SolvitePriest said:

If there is a female tsundere beating the shit out of the male character and being a total bitch most of the time that is okay. But put it in reverse and people call it misogyny, lol.

That's our world today and oddly enough many are fine with it. Sad no?
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 18, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2010
CissySSE said:
SolvitePriest said:

Agreed, and what's worse is that most of the time, these bitchy, violent female equivalents of Kyouya are inexplicably the most popular characters in the show. Yet when a guy does it he's worse than Hitler.
Nov 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2007
Maybe. I mean, erika is a good person but with the obsessio to have a boyfriend. If this obsession disapear from her, she will be find a better man.
Nov 19, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not particularly fond of tsundere characters as a whole (male, female, anything in between). I think they tend to treat a serious issue as comedic. Not my cup of tea.

People tend to want things that they can't have, and I think that's why Erika keeps going back to Kyoya. But now that he's reciprocated, I'm curious as to how she'll react. She seems to be very in love with the idea of being in love, but not really with him.

Regardless of the fact that she sticks around with him, I don't think it's particularly fair for him to treat her the way he does. He's, well, yeah. A total dick, hands down.
Nov 20, 2014 5:32 AM

Nov 2013
CissySSE said:
SolvitePriest said:

Exactly
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 20, 2014 5:38 AM

May 2013
Kyouya kinda change in the manga. Well, he's not abusing Erika after the latest episode. He's not that show tough. Total tsun tsun.

Erika deserves better? Didn't liked her halfway in the manga.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Feb 2, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
pretty sure erika just like hot guys and love to be treated like shit...

win win here for her imo..
Mar 6, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
Welp. I was on episode 7 or 8, and I was ready to drop it. I just finished it up today, and to be honest, I didn't enjoy it one bit. It was really a difficult watch. I'm not too fond of the abusive nature of the main male character Kyouya, and the weak-willed personality of the female main, Erika. Actually, I didn't care for any of the characters in this show. The "teaching moments" in this show felt really forced.

Kyouya was made be Tsundere character, but, really, this guys shows no change at all - he's just a jerk, and I don't think anyone would take his BS for that amount of time. No matter what, Kyouya treats Erika like she's a possession, and is not only controlling, but hurts her over an over again, and doesn't seem to care, and she just accepts it keeps taking the abuse.

Sure, love can do crazy things, but this is just too much to tolerate. Girls, women, females at any age do not enjoy being treated like that.

I used to volunteer at women shelters, and I would see this kind of thing all the time. It was hear wrenching to see women who were abused both mentally and physically and still go back.

I'm told that the manga gets better, but really, I just don't care to continue this, or explore it further. I'm sorry, I just cannot tolerate to watch the guy absolute torture this girl.

This anime sends a terrible message to young girls, and boys who think that young girls like this type of guy. WRONG.
-Jenn
Mar 6, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
Madara31 said:
cri7ica1 said:
There's no misogyny in this series. Kyouya isn't treating Erika that way just because she's a girl. He's just a sadist who's fond of the dog/master relationship and happens to be brutally honest. Hatred of women has nothing to do with it.

+1

jenchan said:
I'm told that the manga gets better, but really, I just don't care to continue this, or explore it further. I'm sorry, I just cannot tolerate to watch the guy absolute torture this girl.

I'm caught up with the manga. They're in a normal relationship now. Pretty good development.
Jun 7, 2015 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
Madara31 said:
cri7ica1 said:

Well said. To many people jumping to their white knight conclusions. Erika's more happy than any of you could make your girlfriends.
Jun 7, 2015 11:32 AM
Mar 2013
Lencurryboy said:
that guy is probably one of the characters I hate the most in all of anime history. I hate him so much it's amazing I could finish the show.

Erica definitely deserved someone better, someone who wasn't an abusive shitass jerk who would be better off dead. She should have left him and gotten a much better boyfriend who could make her happy and not make her feel like crap all the time.
A girl in my school watched this anime. She said that it was "so sweet and romantic!" and she also said that she wished for a relationship like that. how fucked up isn't that? ew.

You will always remain deluded, my friend. There is more to relationships and attraction than logic. Sometimes the most valuable and confident of us are simply those are above giving a fuck.

Go on this site www.reddit.com/r/theredpill and learn something.
Jun 12, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2010
Erika deserves nothing. Nobody deserves to be with someone because someone said so. First of all she's a liar. While she might be a sweet girl sometimes she still lies a lot. Kyouya on the contrary is secretly a nice guy but does not want to be prince charming.

Besides nobody said anything about Kusakabe who's the unnoticed nice guy. Maybe he also deserves a beautiful, smart and nice girlfriend.

Friends are a good reflection of who we are but they do not define us. There's a reason why Erika and Kyouya still have one single good friend.

And I fail to see abuse here. Kyouya is not slapping Erika around when he feels like it or hurling insults to lower her self-esteem. He calls her a dog but does not treat her as one, gives her a necklace but calls it a collar and while he does not say "I love you" every ten minutes which is all the better, he does love her. Actions speak louder than words. Sugar-coat is for the weakminded who are in denial.
Aug 2, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2014
There is no excuse regarding what Erika does and doesn't deserve because despite them loving each other, Erika needs someone better. Someone who wouldn't tell her to shut up, order her around, break her phone, etc.

The thing is in the anime it's nice to see Kyouya grow and love her back, in fact despite hating him at first I grow to like him as well but if this was real life? I would be telling Erika to run regardless of her lie and need to keep face.
Nov 21, 2015 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
I mean this show just reminds me of tons of girls I have known throughout the years. Lot's of girls can't handle a relationship where they aren't treated like shit. As soon as they find a nice guy they shit all over them usually. Does she deserve better? No, she is getting exactly what she wants.
Jan 25, 2016 10:03 PM
Mar 2014
Erika is shallow, a pathological liar, and most importantly has no self-respect. Of course she's going to fall for a dark triad asshole. In a way, these two are perfect together (LOL). She deserves what she got.

I've only watched a few shoujo shows, mostly stuff like Ore Monogatari which depict idealized relationships, so I was kind of floored at how realistic and flawed the characters and their relationship were here.
Feb 4, 2016 2:35 PM
Aug 2009
dirtyuncle said:
Erika is shallow, a pathological liar, and most importantly has no self-respect. Of course she's going to fall for a dark triad asshole. In a way, these two are perfect together (LOL). She deserves what she got.

I've only watched a few shoujo shows, mostly stuff like Ore Monogatari which depict idealized relationships, so I was kind of floored at how realistic and flawed the characters and their relationship were here.

flawed? Sure
Realistic? not really.
The amount of stuff she took on the face in the first half was utterly disgusting. I love the "bad dude" in these romances but he was a step too far. The only reason she even started with him and didn't leave him there and then was because of the mess she created with lying. Remember that this was before the whole "i am in love" thing happened.
It realisticly shows blackmail maybe yea but no romance, because in the start there was none to begin with.
Feb 1, 2017 10:55 PM

Nov 2013
No, of course not. She doesn't deserve his treatment, but she doesn't deserve something better either.

I like her character, but I can't deny, that she's a pathological liar and a bad person.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 29, 2020 6:55 AM

Jun 2017
He's abusive. Not physically Abusive, but verbally abusive.

She deserves better.
Apr 14, 2020 2:22 AM

Feb 2019
Kyouya is based. Even if erika deserved someone better, she doesn't want want it. She is obsessed with kyouya's dick.
Mar 8, 2021 5:53 AM
Dec 2018
I think she deserved better but brought a lot of it on herself and continued to keep encouraging this arrogant guy to keep behaving the same way.
Jun 16, 2021 9:53 PM

Mar 2013
He's an abusive piece of shit, end of the story. I don't know how, at what point people feel 'charmed' with this guy who has nothing going on for him other than his looks. Idc if she's annoying, she deserves better than that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

157 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 26, 2014

135 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

174 by scorpioniclibra »»
Aug 3, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

93 by jiajia »»
Jul 27, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

90 by jiajia »»
Jul 27, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.