Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2014 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hikaru mourns for her brother while everyone outside the Minamoto's gates are celebrating :(

I hope they stop the army from attacking the Tsuchigumo though. Looks like there's an even bigger conspiracy going on.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 11, 2015 12:40 AM

Jan 2010
This is giving me Le Chevalier D'Eon vibes. Initially starts off as a period piece steeped in political turmoil and the nobility eating each other up. There was really great fight choreography, and the in between moments with just dialogue weren't anything to sneeze at either. Then came the introduction of supernatural elements, which I didn't take too kindly at. I don't mind the supernatural, but it just felt out of place.

Here in Otogizoushi, I thought the magatama was more of a symbolic item, but it seems like it has some sort of power to it. I'm guessing that we'll be seeing elements of the supernatural here as well, but I hope that it doesn't detract from what has already been established. Also, I've noticed that there has been a lot of dialogue recently explaining far more than they really need to. Without a doubt, I'm still enjoying the show so far, so I'll keep watching before making any further assumptions.
Jul 19, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2008
I like conspiracy shows, especially ones that seem to have some depth like this.
May 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Nov 2016
The poltical conflicts are indeed quite intriguing.

R.I.P. Raikou

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otogizoushi Episode 26 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 6, 2009

7 by St0rmblade »»
Mar 30, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Otogizoushi Episode 25 Discussion

xchee - Oct 10, 2014

2 by St0rmblade »»
Mar 30, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion

puedjies - Aug 5, 2008

9 by St0rmblade »»
Mar 30, 2023 8:08 AM

Poll: » Otogizoushi Episode 11 Discussion

xchee - Oct 9, 2014

3 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 13, 2021 4:55 AM

Poll: » Otogizoushi Episode 6 Discussion

sixinchmoth - Feb 27, 2010

4 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.