Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, whole planet destroyed as collateral damage :D
Oct 13, 2015 7:42 PM
Jul 2014
Nothing special - as we know that a year later Akira was made...
Feb 17, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2010
Thought this movie was pretty meh, like the series more. Nice soundtracks though.
Apr 18, 2017 10:01 AM
Jun 2014
This movie doesn't capture what I love about the dirty pair at all. The TV series and OVA series are way better.
Jul 10, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
and this is where the original dirty pair ends

as for the movie it was good still have to say the flight 005 was still the best of the original dirty pair

but this is where things ends off and gotta say i loved yuri in this movie she ended off amazing as for kei idk i didnt really like her much in this movie because of obvious reason

with that said going on to dirty pair flash am hoping its good if not better than the original but i'll soon see
"one step at a time"
Nov 12, 2019 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
Wasn't a big fan of the this movie. Though I did like that we got a serious love interest for one of the girls and while hardly the romance of the century or anything I did enjoy the chemistry of Kei and Carson quite abit. Also I didn't feel like Carson ever stepped on the strong female leads parade if you will, it was balanced and fun.

But the rest of this film was a letdown of varying degrees. I mean the story was just so not interesting, I really wonder how that ever became the plot of the movie. As if thats the major story you want to tell. Just don't get why this is what we got. It lacks so much character and anything to make it stand out. Even as a Monster movie of some kind it wasn't interesting at all as so little of it was really explained in any compelling fashion. When it was the film acted like we shouldn't take it seriously at all i.e the scene where the trio are hanging from the ceiling as the Scientist does his info dump to try and explain what the hell these creatures might be. Anyway yeah the plot was bad or at least just not engaging or exciting at all.

I also thought the animation was alittle underwhelming, not to say it was bad at all because it wasn't but for the 'Movie' I expected something a tad more flashy and epic. For the most part nothing in this really out does the TV and OVAs. It was all fairly on par which for a Movie production is a shame. So yeah not bad animation but didn't really do anything overly special either.

So I'm done with the Original Dirty Pair stuff, overall it was a mixed bag. I liked the TV series but didn't quite like it as much as I expected. Affair on Nolandia was so so but the 10 episode OVA was absolutely fantastic! Flight 005 Conspiracy was great and the movie as I've said was fine at best. I have no idea what to expect from Flash other than it will be somewhat different. My hope is the stories will be more on par with the OVA series but I'll find out if that's the case tomorrow.
Jan 9, 2020 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't like the final action scenes editing, without any dialogue and just with BGM playing. I found it a little lazy for a movie.
Feb 18, 2020 10:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A decent movie. I read that this was generally the most well received Dirty Pair film, so I was pretty excited to watch it. But like most Dirty Pair features, it was just OK. I think this did a great job of basically wrapping everything good about Dirty Pair into one. Kei and Yuri's back and forth dialogue, sexiness, explosions, and that classic 80s comedy. Tack on the attractive art style and a fantastic 80s soundtrack as well.

My issue is that the plot is poorly explained. Glad I read the synopsis on the back of my DVD case or I would've been even more lost. It's more or less just a generic plot about stopping an evil scientist. Disappointing, but I still had fun.

Overall, it's mindless 80s fun. I still love Kei and Yuri and I'll never get tired of seeing the crazy adventures they go on.

6/10
Jul 27, 2020 10:24 PM

Jun 2015
Lots of good shots of Yuri's ass in this movie

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Oct 2, 2020 11:28 PM
May 2018
BlaizeV said:

I also thought the animation was alittle underwhelming, not to say it was bad at all because it wasn't but for the 'Movie' I expected something a tad more flashy and epic. For the most part nothing in this really out does the TV and OVAs. It was all fairly on par which for a Movie production is a shame. So yeah not bad animation but didn't really do anything overly special either.

This comment is so bad. How the hell can you say something like this after looking at the Movie's opening animation?

Honestly most of the comment in this thread is so bad and annoying.
Oct 3, 2020 3:18 AM

Aug 2012
AfroWarrior27 said:
BlaizeV said:

This comment is so bad. How the hell can you say something like this after looking at the Movie's opening animation?

Honestly most of the comment in this thread is so bad and annoying.

The Opening Animation isn't the Movie though. It's just the opening credits (which are cool granted). I might have been abit harsh on the animation of the film when comparing it to the TV and OVA. The film for me was a letdown and while watching this as the finale to my Dirty Pair marathon (pre Flash stuff) I kinda expected it to wow me alot more than it did.
Jan 8, 2022 5:29 AM

Oct 2020
Cool movie! Enjoyed it a lot! 8/10

Apr 3, 2022 1:59 PM
Mar 2021
Gorgeous movie. Unfortunately it was otherwise kinda disappointing and overshadowed by the TV Series.

I think the greatest flaw was the introduction of Carson D. Carson, as Dirty Pair thrives on the Kei/Yuri dynamic, and here we had a third wheel added to the mix. I have said to some friends in the past that Dirty Pair reminds me of a sci-fi and less horny City Hunter. It seems the makers of this movie listened to me retroactively as Carson is basically Ryo Saeba but with 0 the charisma.

The best character though was Prof. Wattsman, who was a very silly, yet fun villain. The plot was otherwise meh, except for the ending. Otoh The ending was a fun twist. Just how many movies in general end with the villain winning?.

I'd give the movie between 7 and 7,25, as it was still enjoyable enough.
Oct 3, 2022 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure if this movie is good per se, but the second half really goes way harder than it quite frankly has any right to. (That ending, for real?)

Carson should've stayed dead, though.
Feb 12, 2023 4:30 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Really? People didn't like this film that bad? To me, it was a bop.

Despite the flashy epileptic lights here and there, the somewhat forced romance and the lack of dialogue in some scenes, the animation even for today stood the test of time and the soundtrack is just great. Maybe I'm a bit biased considering City Pop is among my favorite genres of music and probably not all the scenes that had one of these tracks should have had it. Nonetheless, by the hour, I was just dancing to Wattsman's theme, awed by the action and enjoying the character interaction overall. None of the characters are dull and I'm not familiar with the series but I'll probably check it out thanks to it.

8.5/10
β “β ₯⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ β žβ “β —β •β ₯β ›β “ β Žβ •β β ‘ ⠎⠞β ₯β β Šβ ™β Šβ žβ ½β ‚ β Žβ •β β ‘ β Ίβ Šβ ‡β ‡ β Žβ …β Šβ  β Ίβ β Žβ “β Šβ β › β žβ “β ‘β Šβ — β “β β β ™β Ž ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ β ₯⠏ β —β ₯β Šβ β Šβ β › ⠊
⠞ β ‹β •β — ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
β Žβ “β Šβ Šβ …β • β β •β Žβ •β Šβ ‚ β Όβ ƒβ Όβ šβ Όβ β Όβ “
Apr 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
absolutely amazing movie, insanity and chaos all the time, RIP all the people on that planet
carson got his wine his woman
8/10
Aug 12, 2023 4:36 AM

Sep 2018
I enjoyed the dynamics between the Dirty Pair and Carson, a man that has skills that rivals or even exceeds their own. I don't know what that second review is on about with regards to them getting flustered, not like they didn't trip over themselves every now and then in the original show with regards to men or at least fawning over them, this time it's a little different, with a guy who exudes similar levels of confidence and competence at their job. It was mainly comedic relief anyway, their interactions, though I wouldn't mind them together at all. Seems like it's a little bit of a coping thing with some people, a very female empowering anime and all, the bond between the two girls, how dare a man get in the way between all this lmao. A little pathetic, but understandable...

Great soundtrack as usual for this series, and that ending was absolutely ridiculous and hilarious, RIP planet. 7/10.
Aug 13, 2023 11:26 AM
Feb 2022
The ending is a classic Dirty Pair move XD. Goodbye world. 

Spanish translation: 
El final es un clasico de Dirty Pair XD. Adiós mundo. 
Dec 8, 2023 1:11 PM

May 2023
Well... this film didn't offer much in the "depth" department, but two things really stood out for me: 1) the animation, which I rank among the best of its era and 2) its superb music score: it brings out this outstanding, upbeat 80's vibe and, during the fast-paced scenes, makes the film almost feel like a videoclip - I almost felt like dancing during a scene or two!

These two factors - along with the obvious charm of our female duo - won me over. As a narrative, it isn't anything special. But as an artistic feature (which encompasses direction, animation and music), this is truly an animated gem, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

And yes, the ending was a classic!

More topics from this board

» this movie rules

Nyron - Feb 1

3 by Theo1899 »»
Feb 3, 12:45 AM

» WATTSMAN! 🎡

MyLifeWthLucario - Oct 28, 2018

2 by Maesstrom »»
Jan 8, 2022 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.