Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2008 8:03 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
only ren-tan wins.
Jun 29, 2008 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
It was a really quiet conclusion. Did Binchou's dreams give hints as to how her parents or grandmother died? Or maybe I'm looking into the tree (and whatever harpoon thing that was) too deeply.

Glad everyone got to be together for the finale.
Nov 18, 2009 10:22 PM

Jun 2008
ZoiQ said:

only ren-tan wins.

I agree

emotive ending, btw

Oct 15, 2010 11:29 PM

Aug 2010
this whole series just made me hnnnnnnnnggggg and want to either adopt bin or shower her with gifts of convenience. a new blanket, food, shoes, some windows, etc. im such a fag for kawaii moe girls.
Dec 20, 2010 10:39 AM
Sep 2010
Thillygooth said:
this whole series just made me hnnnnnnnnggggg and want to either adopt bin or shower her with gifts of convenience. a new blanket, food, shoes, some windows, etc. im such a fag for kawaii moe girls.

Me too. Everyone wanted too !
Mar 15, 2012 10:46 AM

Dec 2010
Thillygooth said:

Me too!

Awwww! Binchotan is so awesome! Cool everyone got together for the finale, even Aloe randomly got there by luck lol.

Bincho was sick she was lucky they came to care for her haha! It was so sad seeing her all alone throughout the series. It's probably Chiku who came first lol, since she comes over a lot.

And oh my gawd! When Bincho was about to drink from the Mochi they made for her tears fell out!!! But you made lots of friends so like grandma sad it won't be sad anymore, even if you miss grandma!

Kudos to you. What a grand masterpiece.
Jun 21, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2012
Ending it off with a nice flashback to the good moments she had with all her new friends! Damn I'm really going to miss this series, this was so adorable and heart warming that the quality really took me by surprise!

I really enjoyed watching this series, while there's not much of a story the atmosphere and setting makes this anime!

The special ED sure makes up for everything but I sure loved the original OP & ED of this series a lot as well!
Jun 22, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
6.75/10
Never became investing in the characters
Jul 14, 2013 5:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Foo. My expectation was that her friends would come take care of her, but as it was going through all the flashbacks I'll admit I got a little apprehensive.

Crisu said:
Did Binchou's dreams give hints as to how her parents or grandmother died? Or maybe I'm looking into the tree (and whatever harpoon thing that was) too deeply.
Binchou displays several magical abilities throughout the show. My interpretation of the spike in the tree is that in her dream she was led to the tree and realized it needed pulled out, which she did. In this case, because of her magical affinity, dream and reality were the same. However, I'm not able to connect her grandmother to the tree yet, and there is that (literally shady) character Ubamega-san seen in the tree at the end. So I'm just going to assume that, as in real life, not everything can be explained and leave it at that.
CratexJul 14, 2013 6:07 PM
Oct 12, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
A quiet and bittersweet conclusion, the messages to grandma were heartwarming. Aloe's average luck finally pulled through for her at least.

Overall this series was alright. I mean, the chibis were ridiculously adorable and just made me smile tons, but once I got past that, it was kind of boring, although it helped kill time when I had nothing to do for ~10 minutes. I just now noticed that Taku Iwasaki was behind the music, explains why it was so beautiful. I couldn't help but feel this series was mildly depressing, given Binchou-tan's circumstances.

I'll give this a generous 6/10, it was simple, cute, and exceeded my expectations, often making me think about various ideas from a new angle.
Aug 15, 2014 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Chiku-tan's making mochi. Ren-tan's doing push-ups. Kunugi-tan's eating a lavish meal and Aloe is preparing to eat soba with her mom. Somewhere in the mountains, Binchou-tan is close to freezing to death. My heart broke.

"I'm really tired already!" I was like NOOOO! Stay away from Grandma :( Yeah I said that audibly haha. So glad her friends noticed she didn't make it to the shrine and came to nurse her back to health.

I've completely fallen in love with this show. Cute, heart-warming but at the same time heart-breaking. When Binchou-tan's onscreen, I can't help but gush over her every. Single. Time.

10/10. Come here! I'll give you blankets, food and you can watch all the TV you want! Oh and I'll tie your ribbon/obi for you T___T
xcheeAug 15, 2014 7:38 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 12, 2018 11:30 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was absolutely adorable and a very heartwarming series! I was always smiling while watching every episode. :') I'm glad Binchou-tan has made plenty of very nice friends, but it still feels really lonely that she's living alone in the forest. If Kunugi-tan invites Binchou-tan to live with her from now on in the mansion, then I don't know if Binchou-tan would accept & agree to that. Her home has sentimental value especially with memories of her Grandma...

Binchou-tan reminds me of a younger Rem before she became a maid in the Roswaal mansion. :D I'm gonna miss you Binchou-tan. :'(
Apr 9, 2021 2:31 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty sweet show. The characters were absolutely adorable.

SerafosJan 2, 11:31 AM
Feb 2, 2023 6:56 AM
Jun 2021
Thillygooth said:

same here! love her character . 💗
underrated anime
Mar 26, 2023 8:13 PM
Mar 2023
the story is very good, every episode I always feel sad and happy to see binchou smile.

hopefully there's a s2
Feb 17, 10:19 AM
Sep 2023
Seeing everyone helping Binchou-tan, who was sick, was so cute and heartwarming! So much that my heart melted! Aloe is finally together with the group, too!

I give this masterpiece a 10/10!
Feb 17, 11:27 AM
Jun 2021
Actually, I think she died and what we see is what she imagined as she was dying. Her seeing her grandmother as the tree and running to it were her last moments.
Mar 8, 1:25 PM

Sep 2018
Pure iyashikei, and unbelievably moe (the biggest eyes I've probably seen on anime characters, the designs are somewhere between chibi and normal), so not for everyone.

The gorgeous painted backgrounds and fitting soundtrack is enhanced by the lack of dialogue (comparatively, there's still a bit when other characters are introduced, it's mainly when the MC is by herself). Fantastical elements (Binchou getting a ride on a duck across a pond, or a lift to the nearest town by a bird, etc), it's quite fun. Very wholesome and endearing, with just a hint of melancholy, reminiscent of the atmosphere Shachiku-San sometimes portrayed.

Invokes feelings of care and protectiveness, very manipulate, but I'm all for it lol
Jun 13, 1:40 PM

Jan 2011
The episode where bincho was eating alone and pretended to welcome herself by saying "okaerinasai" really broke me, also she listening to classes or singing along kids in the park with their teacher.
Jun 13, 1:42 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to niks660097
The episode where bincho was eating alone and pretended to welcome herself by saying "okaerinasai" really broke me, also she listening to classes or singing along kids in the park with their teacher.
@niks660097 ikr 😢
Jun 14, 6:01 PM
Jan 2019
Made me very emotional, got me messed up a couple of days until I finished watching it.
Jun 15, 8:26 AM
Aug 2019
Someone posted on social media about this show portraying that she had it tough when in the show she has friends supporting her.

Still...I really pity on her living alone on the mountain with her condition that so young already looking for money to continue living without any family member besides her 😢🤧
Jun 27, 12:11 PM
Jun 2021
Mika_Inamori said:
Thillygooth said:

Me too!

Awwww! Binchotan is so awesome! Cool everyone got together for the finale, even Aloe randomly got there by luck lol.

Bincho was sick she was lucky they came to care for her haha! It was so sad seeing her all alone throughout the series. It's probably Chiku who came first lol, since she comes over a lot.

And oh my gawd! When Bincho was about to drink from the Mochi they made for her tears fell out!!! But you made lots of friends so like grandma sad it won't be sad anymore, even if you miss grandma!

Kudos to you. What a grand masterpiece.

It was Saji (the dog) who noticed first, as you could see him barking in front of the door in one scene. Then there is one scene where he dragged Kunugi-Tan at the shrine, possibly to tell her about Binchou-Tan, so yeah.

I think a lot of people missed it because they were too focused on the sick Binchou-Tan.
Jul 1, 2:21 PM
Dec 2015
Reply to niks660097
@niks660097 This scene was really good
My fav scene was when her small plate was in very bad shape and she wanted to buy a new one, while her walking to the market
she finds a dog begging for food she obviously helps, after this she goes to the market finds a very good looking plate but didn't have enough cash, the shopkeeper talks to her asking about her mother, she looks at him then looks down.
My heart shattered at this exact moment.
Jul 27, 5:02 PM
Jul 2024
what a wonderful anime binchoutan portrays not only socializing and friendship but also the importance of having a family the ending feels somewhat lacking and i saw a post on youtube that the manga was more complete than anime unfortunately no english translation exists.
Jul 28, 9:19 AM
May 2022
man I was so worried when she is not recovering and the flashbacks popped out

More topics from this board

Poll: » Binchou-tan Episode 9 Discussion

LoveEnmaAi - Oct 10, 2010

7 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jul 28, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Binchou-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 21, 2013

3 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jul 28, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Binchou-tan Episode 5 and 6 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 28, 2008

7 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jul 28, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Binchou-tan Episode 3 and 4 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 28, 2008

8 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jul 28, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Binchou-tan Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 21, 2013

8 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jul 27, 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.