Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2008 5:28 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot was shown in this episode, though most of them only deepened the questions. First off, whose is the body floating at the dam, and what was it doing there. The relationship between Makoto's parents and the priest were explained somewhat, but also opened the question of Makoto's relationship with his mother. Also Masayuki's father's apparent affair with that doctor, and how exactly it plays off in the whole scheme. There was also a number of other smaler issues, like who was that weird guy at the lab with the mouse, what exactly did Tarou and Makoto do, as it wasn't an ordinary projection,and etc.
IMO a nice ep, no particularly boring moments, since a lot happened in it. Really like that blonde bully's reaction to Masayuki! XD
Jan 20, 2008 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
Really good ep. The scene woman in which Masayuki's father sees the woman at the bridge gave me chills. The lab scenes will probably remain mystery for next few eps.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 20, 2008 11:54 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, that blond guy seems to be comic relief in the show, definitely made me laugh. There should be more to the relationship between the Makoto's father and bunch because if that is it just then the mystery behind them is pretty stupid, it probably has something to do with the damn or something that happened there. What I am curious about is who is Miyako's mother? Her father did this weird glance at her during his telling of the story and her characteristics fit Sanae, so maybe? I guess that is probably just a baseless speculation.
Anyway, overall it was a good episode.
Jan 20, 2008 12:24 PM

Nov 2006
I think Makoto and Miyako are half-sibilngs.
Jan 20, 2008 12:48 PM

Oct 2007
Hey guys I'm in the middle of the street, don't mind me.

Jan 20, 2008 3:04 PM

Feb 2007
Questions were answered, but more questions just keep popping up. Probably the best episode in a while that has gotten the plot moving a little faster, and Miyako can be so moe. When she smiles. Smile damn it!
Jan 20, 2008 11:44 PM

Jan 2007
It was cute seeing Tarou get excited about seeing Miyako at the damn. But yeah, this episode was really enjoyable. The background music/sounds really got to me. Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 21, 2008 3:25 AM

Jul 2007
Another great episode, I can't get enough of the background music, it makes each episode all the more exciting.
Anyways I'm really liking the direction the story is going and I can't wait to see more.^_^

Jan 21, 2008 10:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really nice episode, I enjoyed it a lot and I'm looking forward to more. Again I loved the audio effects they used.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 21, 2008 11:11 AM

Sep 2007
Creepy episode as usual, cant wait for next week to get more even more confused

Edit: Masamune really has a fetish for little robots who make funny noises while driving/sliding
TrineasJan 21, 2008 11:19 AM

Jan 21, 2008 11:46 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
First thing on my mind in that scene was a "A yellow mini Tachikoma!". xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 21, 2008 3:34 PM

Nov 2006
Netforce said:
Hahaha yeah, that was retarded.
Jan 21, 2008 5:07 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode as usual. Damn makoto's dad is emo to the max. "When a person goes through that door, they are no longer a person." Makoto's dad: "OOH LETS GO THROUGH THERE!! CMON GUYS!!!" Rather interesting that makoto and tarou were able to just go into his memory of the evnt like that and see it firsthand, funny that they left masayuki out. xD Also funny how makoto brought up the fact that he could take on the wolf form. "Hey guys I can turn into a wolf kthx." And that poor guy always following them around is so in the dark but they don't seem to care if he knows what they're talking about. And what I wanna know is, even though it was funny, how did that bully know that masayuki was the ghost? Did he pay THAT much attention to his eyes? o.O
Jan 22, 2008 11:00 AM

Jan 2007
Another great episode. I think this series has a really good understanding of how to balance answering old questions with raising new ones. Keeps you coming back for more...!

Shiken said:
how did that bully know that masayuki was the ghost? Did he pay THAT much attention to his eyes? o.O

Haha...yeah, I wondered about that, too.
Jan 22, 2008 12:55 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
hounddog said:
Shiken said:
how did that bully know that masayuki was the ghost? Did he pay THAT much attention to his eyes? o.O

Haha...yeah, I wondered about that, too.

The way "people" look at you can be unique sometimes, I've experienced it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 22, 2008 1:06 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode, I liked the way everything was put up together.
The blond guy's reaction to seeing Masayuki was priceless. xD

Jan 22, 2008 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
I can't get enough of this anime! I wonder who the weird guy at the lab is, I think he looks cool.
And when the blond guy, Ei-chan or w/e ran off scared from Masayuki was absolutely hilarious!! xD
Jan 23, 2008 7:22 PM

Jul 2007
Nice episode. A good balance of humor and plot. That poor blond guy's reaction to Masayuki at the dam and Masayuki and Taro's reaction to Makoto's transformation were priceless. While I like the show a lot part of me's worried that it's already half over and I still have no idea where this is all headed. What is the big thing the old hobo in the woods talks to Miyako's dad about and is there a point to the story?
Jan 23, 2008 7:30 PM

Sep 2007
Shiken said:
Great episode as usual. Damn makoto's dad is emo to the max. "When a person goes through that door, they are no longer a person." Makoto's dad: "OOH LETS GO THROUGH THERE!! CMON GUYS!!!" Rather interesting that makoto and tarou were able to just go into his memory of the evnt like that and see it firsthand, funny that they left masayuki out. xD Also funny how makoto brought up the fact that he could take on the wolf form. "Hey guys I can turn into a wolf kthx." And that poor guy always following them around is so in the dark but they don't seem to care if he knows what they're talking about. And what I wanna know is, even though it was funny, how did that bully know that masayuki was the ghost? Did he pay THAT much attention to his eyes? o.O

That's what made the episode win.
Jan 24, 2008 5:27 AM

May 2007
miyako is a goddess
Jan 25, 2008 6:34 PM
Oct 2007
Miyako is awesome <3
Feb 1, 2008 4:26 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah, that was a great episode. Miyako is so cute ^^. Tadou, Masayuki and Makoto are great too. So many misteries still remains in the air... but we're just in de middle of de story... let's wait and see what comes next ^^!

(Sorry if there's something wrong with my english... I'm a brazilian girl with few classes about the language... forgive me if I made any mistake u.u')

Até mais! (see you!)
May 13, 2008 11:28 AM

May 2008
so many questions....
Sep 22, 2008 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
windy said:

Seriously, that's what crossed my mind after hearing Komagusu talk about Makoto's mother.

cyruz said:
First thing on my mind in that scene was a "A yellow mini Tachikoma!". xD

Hehe, yes! Except this one seems to like to look up Outori's dress.

Overall I liked the episode. No matter how slow any of these episodes are, they never seem to be boring.
Oct 12, 2008 3:52 PM

Jun 2007
Netforce said:

exactly D:
anyway, also loved that bully's reaction toward masayuki xD

BlueYoshi said:
Miyako can be so moe. When she smiles. Smile damn it!

<3
Nov 3, 2008 7:49 PM

Oct 2008
Some questions are answered now..but there keep more coming up ~~" actually almost everyone is suspicious lol....masayuki's father has an affair with neurologist, huh? what's up with masayuki's mother? the person which is playing video games is his sister, isn't she? ôo

I think Makoto and Miyako are half-sibilngs. <--good point, i was thinking the same ôo

besides Sanae could be related with makoto's dad? maybe this was the "sin" which where spoken of? hmm

makoto's grandma seems to know a lot but she doesn't appear right now to lighten up some things uhh ~~
Apr 21, 2009 8:16 PM

May 2008
Really good episode, things are getting quite interesting.
Aug 18, 2009 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Lunar191 said:
No matter how slow any of these episodes are, they never seem to be boring.

This!
Sep 4, 2009 2:22 PM
Nov 2008
lol......in the preview they quoted Mircea Eliade..first time a romanian is being quoted..except for eminescu...ce tare! [=)) ]
Dec 22, 2009 12:53 AM
Oct 2009
nah.. actually the slow episodes are kinda boring..but checking the forum afterward and seeing how every1 drools over Miyako totally makes up for it...

and that scientist/doctor chick is totally a butter-face...
Jun 29, 2010 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
So that guy's dad is having an affair with that woman at work.
Sep 7, 2010 6:55 PM
Dec 2009
baw, another unusual episode.
Jan 23, 2011 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
windy said:

this

oh my masayuki's dad is a jackass :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Oct 2008
Alot of details in this episode. Lol @ the bully and Masayuki.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 13, 2011 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
Wow in this episode a lot happened! The end was like the worst part for me I am still shocked and thinking poor Masayuki!
Aug 28, 2011 11:52 PM

Oct 2010
I feel like this is so not going to end, lol what's with the explanation and questions... But I do love the pacing, feels like they gave us enough time to actually grab the story wholly.

Lol @ everyone's adulation towards Miyako. She's sweet ok.
Mar 8, 2012 7:11 PM

Nov 2010
I honestly prefer these amtospheric slow paced animes that has more in depth information to provoke you with all these philosophical aspects than the random hyped anime that give you emotional heartattacks from the crazy fast pacing and it's weird cliche-anime ways to only either make you laugh painfully at its stupidity or make you feel like you've just stepped down several levels of intelligence.

Either way, awesome episode with more questions to poke at you.

I'm glad there weren't as many appearances of the nakedbuttpointyearhumongousbrainchibispirits. They really turn off my senses to take the scenes seriously.
Aug 20, 2013 5:31 AM

Sep 2012
I'm just gonna look at the next episode for the answers XD
Mar 22, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
i wonder who's the person that floated in water , now i understand when miyako said that the dead person went inside her so when masayuki and makoto and taro went to the hospital and were shaking and sweating , she was too, looks like she experiences the same thing that happened to everyone who enters the damn i think?? well we're gonna find out by watching the other episodes : p other than that this episode is interesting in everything (art,music,characters) 5/5

Jun 11, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 2013
Starting to enjoy the series more with each episode, I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm involved and want to finish!! Very curious to see where this goes, I have a feeling it's not going to be anything that I can anticipate, which is perfect!!
Jul 14, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2012
The events in this anime! Damn that sure was impressive together with that ending, shit son this anime is getting real good!
Sep 10, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2014
Another great episode! I can't get enough of this anime!
Jul 19, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
I liked it, that this episode had besides some infos also some comedy mixed in.

And lol dat affair.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2019
Always love when we get backstory, although it was a bit random to see Tarou and Makoto there.

Also them spotting Makoto's mother was so creepy, her expression gave me chills until I realized that she's not a ghost.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 24, 2023 6:04 PM

Dec 2022
Masayuki's dad is cheating with the neurologist hoe? Guess he isn't into Tetris...

Looks like Sanae is also with some rando now too. This episode definitely has a focus on character relationships, with all the happenings and reveals around them. Not sure what the purpose of the bully characters is. They seem irrelevant to the plot and brazenly approach them at that dam to bully the second-years again, like there aren't a crowd of adults around them.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nihil - Apr 22, 2008

151 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 21 Discussion

Jacut - Apr 15, 2008

33 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 3 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 10, 2007

40 by perennial_suit »»
Jul 11, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 20 Discussion

naikou - Apr 14, 2008

41 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 27, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 16 Discussion

lostty - Mar 18, 2008

37 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 26, 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.