Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 3:51 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Teito' suddenly cannot use zyphon, and Wyda (not a random "stranger" at all like someone commented before), who is the same examiner with Teito and, helped him with regaining zyphon. ...Though he got laughed at by the two old men who acted as examiners.

So the exam began.

Frau was partnered with Castor. I wonder who Labrador was partnered with.

Teito and Hakuren passed the exam.
tsubasaloverAug 24, 2009 4:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 25, 2009 5:11 AM

Feb 2009
*patiently awaits HQ raws*

Lance is so cool haha (his hair is amazing), although in the previous ep it sorta made him look like a totally weird person.
Aug 25, 2009 8:02 AM

Jun 2009
Well i think they really cutting out even more every episode- But its still great to watch i just think that there must be more than just 25 ep i mean im now by the 51 chapter and its still not over
Aug 25, 2009 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was okay in my book. I was hoping it would be as exciting as it was in the manga. Truthfully... I thought that the exams themselves would span about 2 episodes, seeing that some things were left out. However,this might be due to the early introduction back in episode 20 as well as the flaws seen throughout the series.

Lance is still weird... but at least he doesn't seem to be flamboyant ( even tough I felt that he was in the manga). Not much to say about Teito and Hakuren, other than the fact that they managed to get through the exam unharmed... but were a bit irritated. =P

We'll have to see how the next episode plays out.

Aug 25, 2009 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
This show might be great for those folks who have read the manga, but for those of us who haven't, the whole thing is becoming more and more random. The exam seemed to be totally pointless and useless filler at this point.
Aug 26, 2009 3:05 AM

Nov 2007
I mentioned this last episode, but having an exam episode so late just feels out of place. Stuff like this ought to happen in the middle, not the final 5-6 episodes. I sorta expected something major to happen during the exam to advance the plot to its climax, but now I have a feeling we'll get an open end which may not may not get a sequel.
Aug 26, 2009 3:51 AM

Aug 2007
i thought it was a pretty decent episode.. Hakuren ++points here

Aug 26, 2009 8:52 AM

Mar 2009
I really liked the exam, now I can't wait to see what happens next ^_^

Aug 26, 2009 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm ... Kor.. they're pretty funny aren't they? I'm kinda laughing at them actually, since in my worthless language, which is Swedish, (Oh the joy) 'kor' means 'cows' (freely translated), cow in plural.
At first I was like: "Holy shit, cows that are feeding on peoples' souls?"
Anyway, back to the episode on topic ^^,

From the beginning:
"Allow me to lead you to the testing site." But why the heck did he have to smash the floor?xD Sure, the stair's underneath and all, but still, couldn't they just install a door or something in the floor instead of utterly destroying it?
Tch I was hoping there would be no annoying sentimentality from Teito in this episode, but what happens? A brief flashback of Father, Frau and .. of course.. Mikage ;_; Gah I hate Mikage : D
Please just let him stay dead for once, instead of bringing him up all the time >.>

And in the middle of the interesting part, they think it's fun to show something else, so they show another worthless reminiscens of the past, this time about Castor and Frau's bishop exams =.=

Oh well, back to the exam then.. Teito really is tactless ain't he?O.o
W/e, seems as if they passed, huh?
Great, just great, I made another summary..... Pfft can't help it I suppose <.<

On a side-note, why the heck is 07-Ghost the only media that's lagging on my MPC HC while it's perfectly fine in god damn Windows Media Player?
It's a mystery, and I'm not that keen on solving it, but if someone's experienced something like it, or knows what's causing it, do pass me a comment kthnx
OosranAug 26, 2009 9:44 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 26, 2009 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
As said earlier, it's quite ridiculous to have this episode in the last 5th of the show. Again I'll say that I wouldn't have minded this so much if it were in the beginning, but since it's at the end, I just don't see the point at all. I thought they were going to finish the show with them passing the exams, but it seems they still want to have one more major confrontation. Just ok, if not a bit unlikable.
Aug 26, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
Liked This Episode.....Glad Teito & Hakuren Passed
Aug 26, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
yay they finally pass >_<
hmm
tsubasalover said:

lolz same

@Oosran walls of text are the way to go =D
Aug 26, 2009 12:33 PM

May 2009
I keep getting the feeling that something bad is gunna happen to Labrador :(
Aug 26, 2009 12:45 PM

May 2008
I really liked this episode :)
I gotta admit, that curly hair that Lance has, makes him look cuter <3

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Aug 26, 2009 2:31 PM

May 2008
I really think Teito has a thing for blondes. Everyone close to him is a damn blonde xD;

The water part of the exam was messed up D: I mean, I know Teito came out to save that guy and got air back..but I wonder if you're allowed to go into the hallway to get air every so often without failing.

Aug 26, 2009 4:03 PM

Apr 2009
KayChan4U said:
I really think Teito has a thing for blondes. Everyone close to him is a damn blonde xD;

Now that you mention it... I got to agree. xD

Hmm I actually thought Lance was evil, until the ending... ^_^;
Aug 26, 2009 4:03 PM

Dec 2008
I very much disliked it. Is there gonna be a season 2?

Like D said, seems rather strange to have this in the ending episodes.

I found it incredibly boring.
Aug 26, 2009 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
I on one hand, found the episode flew by, as I was so prodded in to whether they are going to pass or not. In the end they did! On some occasions, when Teito was playing the good samaritan, it did seem predictable, And I could prognosticate these actions will favour him in the end! Nevertheless, it was a decent episode, hmm only 4 eps left till the end of the series, wonder if there is a second one in the making.
Aug 26, 2009 6:08 PM

Nov 2007
Nice, they passed.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 26, 2009 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Im glad they passed.
I knew they would because Teito always does the right thing. <3333
Aug 26, 2009 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
tsubasalover said:
Wyda (not a random "stranger" at all like someone commented before)

Even if he appears for just a couple of seconds I pretty much like the guy, hope to see him again in the future.

tsubasalover said:

I was wondering the same you know?

Frau: "Like I'm gonna read books by some dude I hate!"
Castor: "He's GOD!"

ROFLOL BEST LINES EVER! X°D
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Aug 26, 2009 8:41 PM

Jun 2008
Loxaris said:

That was the best part of the whole episode! XD

Eeehhh. Episode felt out of place. Weird time to be having an exam, the last 5th of the story. Flashbacks, blah.

All of the extraneous material just bothers me so much. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't... well. The series wouldn't be so bad if all of the extra unnecessary bits were taken out.

That said, I still love Lance. I wish he had more of that wild and weird flamboyance about him, like in the manga. But he still rocks.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Aug 26, 2009 9:37 PM

Feb 2009
my fave line was when Lance said "YOU FAIL" to that one guy xD

i heard they'll see if they get enough funds to make season two :X
katzenjammerAug 26, 2009 9:48 PM
Aug 28, 2009 3:08 AM

Apr 2008
woah ... i like the reason on why they pass ^^

Aug 28, 2009 5:02 AM

Jul 2007
lol at hakuren xD fox eyes~ hopefully they will show how the others passed too i liked that in the manga :3
Aug 28, 2009 7:18 AM

Aug 2007
Ahaha, Castor had to partner up with Frau. I thought they'd take some more time for the exam, but no, it was all rushed again.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 28, 2009 7:21 AM
Jul 2008
Interesting and great!
Aug 28, 2009 11:38 AM

Feb 2009
Easily the most unique and funny chess scene I've ever seen - bonus points for Castor and Frau bickering while Labrador just sat and watched happily.

And yes, that exam felt rushed and seemed to not be as epic or full of action as it did when I read it in the manga.
Aug 28, 2009 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
I got to read the manga now.
Aug 28, 2009 11:38 PM

Apr 2009
Okay episode, more Haruken is always a good thing and I loved Castor and Frau's scenes, I'd agree the "He's God!" line was definitely the best part of the episode. The actual exam wasn't too bad but parts of it like answering a hundred questions underwater seemed odd and a bit stupid. Ayanami came, left, and now he's coming back again? Is he just bored or something?
Aug 29, 2009 12:44 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode. The previous one was a lot more exciting, but this show has a great balance to it that I'm just loving.
Aug 30, 2009 12:28 AM

Feb 2009
They kind of teased us with Frau and Castor's background. It was brought up twice (once by the nuns and once by Castor and Frau themselves) and yet, they never really showed us any clips of them being partners. I actually, in replacement of some of the nonsense, would have preferred to see a short flashback of them.

Hmm...also. The nuns being scolded for "talking too much" when they really weren't saying much at all...reminds me of what several people noted many episodes ago where girls are either non-existent in this series or are shown in a degrading light.

I wonder if DEEN is able to slip in a single episode without a Mikage/Father/Actual Father flashback. That or without him saying, "So many people helped me blah blah blah". We get it. He misses Mikage and he's grateful for the people who has sacrificed themselves for him. MOVE ON. Or be grateful SILENTLY.

I'm just disappointed that they wasted so many episodes on Teito running around the church emo style (aka nothing) and then they rush this exam episode that could have been so much more. Isn't it supposed to be a vigorous exam where hardly anyone ever passes? And isn't it supposed to be where only the great shine? So...where's the greatness? Where's the...shine? It came off more of a walk in the park than a rigorous attempt to become a bishop. Highly disappointed. Especially because they made such a big deal about it too. And it flopped. On its ugly face.

And that Anayami thing is weird. Why is he coming back after having just left? And he has the Eye? Unless it's because the Eye refuses to work and he's turning around for Teito? Ah...this series confuses, hypes, then disappoints.
Aug 30, 2009 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
so they finally pass after going through the door of defeat (or something like that), so does this mean they're going to be bishops now?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 30, 2009 3:09 PM

Jul 2007
Just started reading the manga and I was really surprised how much better the pace is in it (though I suppose I shouldn't be). They have really dragged this anime out in some places. Oh well I'll finish this series but I wish I had picked up the manga sooner.
Aug 30, 2009 9:47 PM

Oct 2007
Not much to say about this episode.
Wow this exam look bit hard for me to take, if its was real.
I mean 50 qustion under water? I can't hold my air for only 2/3 min. I will failed that exam under water part.

And about door part I was feeling they going to choose "Door of the Defeated."
I guess I was think of oppsite. Because most story or game have choose of choich good or evil door,box, book etc. Well its kind hard to expland. :|

Castor and Frau's scenes was the best part in this episode.
I was wonder before showing this episode iif that Castor partner is Frau toke the exam togather and yet failed many time.

Other then that this episode was great.
LostArticulation said:
And that Anayami thing is weird. Why is he coming back after having just left? And he has the Eye? Unless it's because the Eye refuses to work and he's turning around for Teito? Ah...this series confuses, hypes, then disappoints.

Yeah I find that bit odd. I guess they are really rushing the anime to end. Mean by no season 2. :
Uskaro said:

That said, I still love Lance. I wish he had more of that wild and weird flamboyance about him, like in the manga. But he still rocks.

Agreed even though I haven't read the chapter when Lance show up.
But I bet he like that in manga. Lance is one fine guy! :D
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Sep 1, 2009 12:18 PM

Jun 2009
I liked the episode, but how many episodes does this anime have already?
MAL says 25, AniDB says 23 and ANN says 26. Though it still feels like it's far too few.
Sep 3, 2009 12:58 AM

Aug 2009
woot. they passed.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 4, 2009 8:39 PM

Jun 2009
Yay they passed.....
Nov 7, 2009 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
'Like I'm gonna read some book by a guy I hate!
'He's GOD!'
Made the episode for me. Also, I lol'd at their answer to the last question.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 28, 2009 3:22 AM

Oct 2008
Loxaris said:

ROFLOL BEST LINES EVER! X°D

Definately the highlight of the episode. XD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 29, 2010 2:19 AM

Apr 2010
Loxaris said:

Actually I literally fell off of my chair at this scene, it was hilarious.
I really can't imagine Frau and Castor getting along in the exam thingy. The fact that Frau wrote "DAMN YOU" as the answer to the last question is hilarious, coincidences are so funny in this series. I wonder why Frau disappeared when Teito got his flashback..I guess I'll go read the manga for my own good.
Apr 25, 2011 11:27 PM

Dec 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Yay they passed.....

Mar 5, 2013 4:15 AM

Jun 2010
Lance is not that bad after all~ I liked the way their exam ended.

Teufel said:
Ayanami came, left, and now he's coming back again? Is he just bored or something?

rofl I was thinking the same
Dec 8, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2010
This was great. Obviously they passed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 9:21 AM
Jul 2015
Two noble friends

And then castor suffering for 2 years repeated bcs of Frau as his partner 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2009

121 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 11:34 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 19 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 10, 2009

48 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

47 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 7:23 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 1, 2009

124 by senekohan »»
Mar 25, 12:19 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2009

79 by Diamond_Sel »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.