Edit Anime Information

Favorites: 1,116

Mar 4, 2015
literaturenerd (All reviews)
Overview:

Cue the squealing fangirls! Today I review the 2nd part of Hetalia.

Story and characters: 3/10

As a huge fan of history, I really liked the concept of Hetalia with people representing countries and felt it was a MASSIVE waste of potential. It has a lot of comedy potential because countries typically act only in rational self interest and often commit horrible deeds that they try to rationalize. If countries were people, almost all of them would be complete fucking assholes! A few notable exceptions would be China and India, who abuse themselves but haven't really been too bad towards anyone else...at least relative to other countries.

What read more
Sep 19, 2010
Fishcaek-Chan (All reviews)
A continuation to this fun and cool view on history, with the help of sexy bishonen and adorable Shota points to keep the story active and funny. It's pretty much the same as the first season, except there are many extra mini stories added and the introduction to many new Countries and plot developments.
If you enjoyed the first season, you will surely enjoy this second clever season~!
Jul 17, 2012
angelsreview (All reviews)
I love it still! There are a lot of times where the third season isn’t as good as the first and second but this one isn’t one of them! It’s hard not to have the second season of a comedy go bad though it can happen.

Prussia’s attitude is spot on, giving him the somewhat annoying feeling but with that awesome felling we get. I really don’t get his voice though. I would of thought it would be a bit closer to Germany’s instead of Austria’s accent.

Even though Germany and Italy are separate, we still get times where Italy is sneaking into Germany’s bed read more
Mar 19, 2012
trishoverman47 (All reviews)
I was blown with laughter when I first watch Hetalia! It made me like many of our worlds countries!

To start off I been only watching the english dub version. That's because so I can hear each person's unique accents, which are great by the way cause the english voice actors did a very good job trying to capture each countries own accent!

I give story an 8 because they do kinda teach you a few events that happen in world history, although each episode is only about 5 minutes long.

The characters are awesome! I like how the anime captures each country's stereotype. For example America read more
Jun 14, 2013
dagengarmaster92 (All reviews)
Before I start my review, I will state something:

YES, I am guy and no, I don't have a girlfriend (so I'm single lol) who forced me to watch this. Also, this review will include my perception on Axis Power as well.

Here's my opening act...what do you get when you have a bunch of good looking lads who embody the very stereotype of their countries and live like ordinary people with political, economic, and even social problems? Well, this anime is the answer to my question.

Hetalia, even the anime title, itself is quite synonymous to the actual plot with the Heta- part meaning, "useless/pathetic" (in a read more
May 1, 2013
FullmetalCowboy (All reviews)
*This is an archive from my Anime-Planet account. Please keep in mind that the intro of mine is outdated as of currently. Reading the silly intro is purely optional*

NOTE: Before I start this review, this review has little Fanfic-like moments, and of course... This review was intended to be over-the-top

Critic's Log - Earthdate: August 13, 2012. Review #17: Hetalia: World Series

Hello Ladies and Gentleman from every nation, did you enjoy watching the 2012 London Summer Olympics? If you did, good for you. If you didn't care much for the Olympics, Well, it's not going to bother me much since I didn't really see a lot read more