Super Dragon Ball Heroes

Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Toei Animation
Source: Game
Genres: ActionAction, ComedyComedy, Super PowerSuper Power, Martial ArtsMartial Arts, FantasyFantasy, ShounenShounen
Duration: 8 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

1 indicates a weighted score.

Mar 7, 2019
YOUYAN (All reviews)
I don't get why so many people got mad and dropped this anime after about 6 episodes. It got way better in episodes 8 and 9. So I will keep watching this even if they are just releasing 1 episode per month I'm still glad we get anything. I mean be more grateful you guys.
Story : 7
Art : 10
Sound : 2
Character : 8
Enjoyment : 10
Overall : 8
Just because this review must contain so many letters I'm gonna be a rebel and not continue this review... Instead of that I'm going to keep writing stuff until I'm able to post this review.
Jan 5, 2019
Axeanz (All reviews)
Just for everyone to know:
1. It's NON-CANON
2. It's a PROMOTIONAL anime for Dragon Ball Heroes, so don't expect every week 20 minute episodes that are perfect
3. Be happy that they will bring us thing Akira would probably never give us (such as ssj3 trunks and such)
4. Just look at it as if it's a fan-service-only anime... so don't expect perfect quality

It's not that I accept this all, of course I would want 20 minute episodes, but we can't change it from a promotional anime to a full-running anime like Dragon Ball used to be by writing hate reviews or being hateful to the makers read more
Dec 30, 2018
TheMAM (All reviews)
You know, I gave this anime a chance at first, but after 6 episodes, I've come to realize something: this show is a complete waste of time.

Fan-service comes at light-speed and there's no focus on any of it. Characters and power forms fans have been asking for are thrown in for less than 8 minutes and thrown to the way-side the very next episode, and there's no effort put into how any of them would stand up to each other.

The baddie saiyan is Jiren all over again. If you've seen Super, you've seen this, only in Super they actually use the 22 minute run-time to read more
Feb 14, 2019
Joe91GiuseppeV (All reviews)
For what the anime is made for, it works. I did get a bit of excitement to play dbz Budokai Tenkaichi. As it is not a stand alone, it doesn't need to build on the franchise or act like a true anime but it really should have tried though. Hitting fans with too much fan service (fusions) and transformations does irritate though rather than draw a viewer in.

I was disappointed with it as it misses a few things that would have made it really great.
1) The speed is off...If you want a fight to have meaning and weight you need more than read more
Dec 22, 2018
curvedtree (All reviews)
This is the worst adaptation of Dragon Ball I ever seen, I would rather watch Dragon Ball Evolution than this again. It is bad because it tries to hit people's nostalgia and they fail miserably, also Dragon Ball wasn't known for being filled with wits, but they dumbed down this show too much.

The story and how it starts with "Fu" is dumb, the way they are still using Trunks as they used Gohan in DBZ part 2 trying to make him the protagonist but it didn't work, nobody cares about Mai...

Enemies: We all know Frieza is Goku's number one enemy, after Namekkusei, the show got read more
Oct 28, 2018
Taylor_Mk (All reviews)
If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, please refrain from watching this

As the whole purpose of this "anime's" existence is to promote the new Dragon Ball Heroes game, I came in expecting it to be mediocre at best, and ooooh boy was I disappointed.

So what made it so awful?

- The power scaling is abysmal. Somehow every single villain (if they even dserve to be called villains), just happens to be more powerful than Jiren. Also, after episode 5 you find out that SSJ4 Vegito is more powerful than SSJB Kaio-Ken Vegito, apparently.

- Vegeta's pride is completely tarnished; he never hesitates or complains when fusing read more
Mar 4, 2019
Makank0 (All reviews)
Well, I know this is only a promotional anime and it doesn´t look for a consistent writing but despite of that it´s still disapointing, specially the powerscalling, being something crucial in a series like this. The original material is grossly underused and it´s a shame, because it has potential (I would like some ideas from here to be added to Super).

Story: 4

As I said, is inconsistent as hell. There are good ideas and I would like to see them well developed, but the fact that this is a promotional anime prevents it.

Art:6

Poor animation, consistent and good art. It´s ok.

Characters: 7

The same characters as read more
Dec 21, 2018
Cooltaff12 (All reviews)
Status: Episode 5

Super Dragon Ball Heroes - SO IF ANYONE WHO DOESN’T BELIEVE DRAGON BALL HEROES ISN’T A THING, GUESS AGAIN, HERE WE ARE WITH AN ANIME INSTEAD OF 1 MINUTE PROMOTION.

For real though, I have nothing against the game nor the premise per say. What I am asking is this: Really? You think your fanbase is so addictive to your IP that they just can’t wait less than a year to get new content? You really want to milk Dragonball so bad that we need filler content just so that your audience doesn’t forget about it?

This anime is one of those original net animation read more
Nov 11, 2019
PeterFromRussia (All reviews)
If you can't tell, I am not writing it exactly seriously, you have been warned.

Possible spoilers

So far it's both awesome and weird

Let's go from the best to worst.

Fights: 150/100
You'll get literally fighting fanservice, there's more fights than boobs in ecchi. Lot of OP characters going at it, heaven for fight maniac.

Transformations: 100/100
Oh boy, there are tons of transformations: Ultra Instinct, SSJ4, Fusions and etc.

Art: 90/100
I really like Super art style, and because Heroes have Super coat, I like this as well.

Characters: 80/100
Canon, non-canon OP characters just to battle. I personally dislike Fu, I find him pretty annoying, so that's why I am giving 80/100

Golden read more