Edit Anime Information

Producers: TV Tokyo, Sotsu
Studios: Sunrise
Source: Original
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Mecha
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages

Dec 3, 2014
AniZze (All reviews)
This is a show that i question why it is so exciting and action filled, but it is. While the characters are over dramatic and there is a lot of expression in a fight of plastic toys, it fits well and it blends together into an exciting action packed show with interesting characters and the greatest man alive Ral. This is similar to the first one in the GBF series but they are not as naturally talented and the characters must fight together to achieve a joint goal.
Apr 1, 2015
PoWorshipper (All reviews)
Gundam build fighters Try is the Sequel to the Gundam build fighters, it takes place 7 years after and introduces us to a whole new range of characters and Gundams which are pitted against each other in battle.
Despite being a sequel, you don't need to have seen the first season to understand what is going on. Its essentially a standalone, and as a standalone its a decent anime. It has an interesting premise, some half decent characters, and a good deal of action to entertain you. It wont be the best thing you watch, nor the worst. HOWEVER, in comparison to the original this read more
Apr 1, 2015
Stark700 (All reviews)
I’m sure at one point in our childhood lives, we were fascinated with toys. Toys can do cool things like move around, make noises, and even do a bit of action. But what about Gundams? Piloting one would be impossible with our current technology in the modern world. However, we do have these cool little gadgets called Gunpla that resembles the big bad mecha you see in the franchise. Gundam Build Fighters Try returns for another season where Gunpla takes the skies and our characters steps into the driving seat.

As a direct sequel, you may be asking if it’s imperative to watch the first season read more
Sep 10, 2016
TheSanaTrigger (All reviews)
The first season of Gundam Build Fighters was just amazing because I never expected Gundam Build Fighters too, be good in the slightest because of growing my bitterness too, the children anime in general.
It had a great simple story with great writing, amazing characters, wonderful art/animation and the ost was just a masterpiece of art.
Update for my season 1 review I think the Dub of Build Fighters was good for what are was but it had some problems with some of the characters voices not sounding good at the beginning.

The first season of Gundam Build Fighters is personally one of my favourite animes.

When I read more
Jan 7, 2015
PresidentSama (All reviews)
This show is truly about heart. It's very exciting and watching the main group of characters learn their weaknesses and grow together is amazing. It's truly an awesome show that will have you at the edge of your seat especially battles. I recommend trying out the first 3 eps. You grow and learn with the characters with relatable over all themes. Find something to put your passion into and then give it all you got!

I personally haven't watched gundam series, but i randomly picked this up because I caught up to the shows i have been watching. I'm so glad i did.
Apr 10, 2015
GundamSFS (All reviews)
Gundam Build Fighter Try Review

Here I will present you with my review of Gundam Build Fighters Try. As a sequel of Gundam Build Fighters, it is inevitable that a comparison will be made between the two. With that said, I will to the best of my ability to write this review in both objective and subjective manner.

Story (5/10)

The story of Gundam Build Fighters Try is awfully similar to its prequel. That is, a tournament style story where our main characters are aiming to win the National championship with the use of their gunpla. In that sense, Try’s story is also similar to any other tournament read more
Sep 21, 2015
PPGN_DM_Exia (All reviews)
Compared to the original, I feel like this one lived up to its predecessor. Overall, if you enjoyed the original, you'll be satisfied.

I would argue that Sekai aside, Fumina and Yuuma are both far more interesting than either of the original leads. They both have rivalries built into their back stories, rivalries that are established early and resolved in a satisfying if predictable way. This is done by having the protagonists often interact with their rivals well before they meet in battle, something that wasn't usually the case in the original.

Story wise, this follows the typical anime tournament structure like the original. The read more
Apr 26, 2015
agrito55 (All reviews)
story: Good storyline and everything makes sense. It provides comedy with combat and teaches some moral lessons.

art: Characters and gunplas looked amazing. The animations were done perfectly.

Sound: This anime definitely has the best OSTs. Almost every BGM were worth listening over and over again and still finds them amazing.

Character: Love the character portraits. They have different personalities and roles in the game. You can see the main characters all have their very own background and they develop as the story goes.

This anime has all the essence to make a top tier anime. They did a good job in making every combat scene the most read more
Apr 3, 2015
Shiruet (All reviews)
{Note: This is the sequel to the series "Gundam Build Fighters." I recommend one to watch and possibly finish that one first. Not required to understand this but will aid in doing so.}

Sunrise has released the second season of the GBF series this Winter season, Gundam Build Fighters Try! Now, my first impression was the word "Try." Was it a variation of "Tri," meaning "three?" At first that seems weird and out-of-place, but it proves to not be and it is not a variation! That only leads to the awesomeness and the mystery encased inside this anime series.

Story: 7/10

The story revolves around three students, Sekai read more