Sep 10, 2016
TheSanaTrigger (All reviews)
The first season of Gundam Build Fighters was just amazing because I never expected Gundam Build Fighters too, be good in the slightest because of growing my bitterness too, the children anime in general.
It had a great simple story with great writing, amazing characters, wonderful art/animation and the ost was just a masterpiece of art.
Update for my season 1 review I think the Dub of Build Fighters was good for what are was but it had some problems with some of the characters voices not sounding good at the beginning.

The first season of Gundam Build Fighters is personally one of my favourite animes.

When I saw Gundam Build Fighters Try for the first I expected too, be almost as great as the first season of Gundam Build Fighters.
If only that was true.
Hello everyone Shawn/TheKazeTrigger and I will be reviewing the squeal too, the sleeper hit Gundam Build Fighters Gundam Build Fighters Try. Are this show worth the watch let's find out.

Story.
The story are almost literally the same as the first season expect it feels more dumped down this time.
Why you make ask?
Well for starters the writing in this season are clearly not that good because remember the amazing humour that the first season had. Well the first season type of humour are gone and it's replace with meh humour at best too, cringe-worthy humour at worst.
Secondly this season feels more like a battle shounen more than a hobby that people can enjoy equally because the rivals in the season behave more like a generic villains that just wants power for they own deeds.
That's alone hurts the characterisation for this cast and it's really a shame that writers went for a shounen route this time. The first season had its shounen moments but it was less notable due too, the great character interactions and strategies that happens in the first season.
Also the battles are all predictable and boring because in S1 there was a lot of strategies in the fight and also the battles were almost non predictable. In Try however fights are boring, unexciting and too, add insult too, injury they are a bunch of Deus Ex Machina now meaning whenever team try fighters are in a hopeless situation Sekai Gunpla will magically get stronger just too, advance the plot.
I have admit that some of the fights were hype but the hype factor was negated due too, god awful plot armour and Deus Ex Machinas that the Team Try Fighters have.
In short the story are such a train-wreck compared too, S1 but its own it really a generic mess.
3/10

Characters.
If I have too, describe the character cast in a nutshell it would be wasted potential.
Now I have too, admit that Sekai are really a good character on his own but the problem are he doesn't really well with the other characters because compare too, Sekai the other characters are just bland and un-interesting.
I had this same problem with Touma from (A Certain Magical Index) because every other character besides him are not shounen type character and I think it really messes up the genre for me.
Overall I liked Sekai.

Next we have Fumina...
What the fuck did you do too, this character Sunrise?
Fumina starts off being a potential great female lead because she are a team leader and she was a strong combatant for the first couple of fights.
As the series however literally becomes a supporting character because reasons?
What really pissed me of about this Fumina are ever since she became a supporting character she started doing retarded shit like being a half ass tsundere, joins Sekai 's harem and the final nail of the coffin for Fumina are she literally got nerfed too, death meaning she are more weak than any supporting characters in the first season. That are just sad.
In general Fumina are just perfect example of a wasted potential character.

You thought Fumina was missed potential Yuuma are literally a badly written character.
He's boring, pretentious, uninteresting and he’s are really a poor man’s Sei, Not too, mention Yumma sup plot are just terrible because you won’t believe this wonderful writing The main reason why he's depressed and stop playing altogether Gunpla because somebody beat him in a Gunpla battle.
Let's say that again. The main reason why he's depressed and stopped playing Gunpla altogether because somebody beat him in a Gunpla battle.
What’s even worst about this he's stopped playing Gunpla because of humiliation not because of an illness or family issues and by the way those are perfect sup plot sets for this character but no we get a poorly written revenge story instead because we haven't got enough of those stories right.
Overall Yuuma are a terrible character.

The rest of the characters are also not that good . In fact the side characters in TRY hurt the anime more than the story and the main characters because the side characters here are just really bad.
Don't get me started how comical the rivals here because they don't have any passion for the sport whatsoever and most of them are doing it for the money, some school pride or some business shit.
Also the character interactions were just bad and at times cringe-worthy.
Overall the characters in Gundam Build Fighters Try were really bad besides Sekai and the show biggest fault by a long shot.
4/10

Art/Animation.
If the show has any positive at all its the art/animation.
Sunrise really did a really good job with the backgrounds, character deigns and movement mainly the gunpla fights.
They just look amazing. Some of the better animation from a Gundam series in my opinion especially the last couple of episodes. It's easily the best aspect of the show too, be honest.
Also the mecha designs were just wonderful as ever.
8/10

Sound.
The OST itself are good for what it was but compare too, the first season its not that great and it times it can be forgettable.
I can hardly remember a single track from the ost at all and this really sad because the first season ost are one of my favourite ost in anime.
The first opening Cerulean by BACK-ON are a good song and it really fits into the show really well and it's also one best parts of Gundam Build Fighters Try. It's catchy as hell and its a good listen.
The second opening Just Fly Away by EDGE of LIFE are also a good song but compare too, the first opening its just okay and its feels more like a ending theme in my opinion.
Even tho Gundam Build Fighters Try has 2 good openings its simply can't complete with the first season opening 2 wimp ft. Lil’Fang (from FAKY) by BACK-ON because one the song had its own charm and secondly it was catchy and lastly the song was pure hype.

The first ending theme Amazing The World by SCREEN mode are a great song and its easily the best ending theme from the Gundam Build Fighters series.
The second ending theme Mayomayo Compass wa Iranai by StylipS are a okay ending theme. Nothing more nothing less.

At this time of the Gundam Build Fighters Try has a dub and too, be honest with you. The dub are decent nothing in more nothing less
If you had a choice of sub or dub I would say stick with the sub unless you like watching dubbed anime such as myself.
7/10

Final Thoughts.
Wasted Potential are easily the best way too, describe Gundam Build Fighters Try as a whole.
It's has terrible characterisation, pretentious sub plots, weak story, very predictable fights that have contains lots of plot armour and deus ex machina, a borderline forgettable ost and its ultimately unsatisfying at the end.

On its own its a mediocre Gundam title but if you compare it too, the well written first season its a train-wreck.
It takes away the fun of the first season and actually takes away a lot of the charm of the first season and it’s really a shame. If you’re planning too, watch this only watch it for the mecha battles and Sekai’s character development

But hey least its better than Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed/Destiny