Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 5:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Delicious, relaxing and unfussy. Didn't see the previous iteration so I didn't know what to expect, but I think this is going to be my relaxing watch of the week. Loved it and it made me thirsty for a drink
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 6, 12:22 PM
Dec 2023
Enjoying the tones and calmness of the episode.
Apr 6, 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
Alcohol is bad for your liver.
Drink responsibly kids.
Apr 6, 6:25 PM
Feb 2020
great episode! i hope the rest of the series is this good
Apr 6, 7:09 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to ToleratedToast6
great episode! i hope the rest of the series is this good
@ToleratedToast6 the rest of the manga is pretty good but it kinda gets repetitive sometimes.
Apr 7, 12:59 AM
Mar 2012
well directed & attention to detail.
Sasakura very calming it's nice. Higuchi much lol.
the theme's not for me tho & too many shows already.
Apr 7, 2:50 AM
Mar 2021
FIRST IMPRESSIONS

It looks like very calm, mature story, good characters with real problems. I'll watch it after work and bussy days. This story doesn't seem to have complex plot and it doesn't need it. The complexity has to be in characters. So if it proves me to have it, I'll give it like 8/10.
Apr 7, 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
Glad I decided not to sleep on this one. Good first impression.
Apr 7, 4:27 AM

Jun 2021
I really really like the vibe of this. Animation, especially with the glasses and bottles is so smooth and refreshing to look at. Seems like a better remake for sure. Not to mention the OP, so calming
Apr 7, 4:45 AM

Aug 2017
I haven't watched the original but I understand that this is a rebuild. I think this first episdoe was quite good. The context in understandable and the exposition was kept to a minium. Given this a seinen manga I expect to depict reality in a more accurate way. I do find hard to believe that a man this young doesn't know how to answer a call from a cellphone (and that ringtone was really out of date) but I get the trope "he is really good in what he does but sucks at everything else".

Interesting. I will give it three episodes at least.
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to felixsifuri
Mainnus said:
A man who don’t know how to use a smartphone? Interesting character story there.

The source story came out in 2004, so of course he doesn't (;
felixsifuri said:
The source story came out in 2004, so of course he doesn't

Ooh I see. It makes perfect sense then. Thank you.
Apr 7, 6:45 AM
Oct 2021
did not expect to enjoy this as much as i did. i love how he notices all the tiny details so cute ❤️
Apr 7, 3:28 PM
Feb 2015
What a calming anime , Bar + Tender = Kindness. It a peculiar one but with intriguing premises and possibility.
Apr 7, 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
I could tell from the still that was released that this was going to be different from the original so I tried to keep an open mind. I think I succeeded. I didn't hate or love it. It was good enough. I did not like the chick with the long hair. How are you going to be high an mighty about a drink or even search for a bartender when you didn't even know a highball can be made with soda? She never heard of whiskey & soda. Hell, look at an old movie! Anyway a few things bothered me, but I'm willing to watch another episode or 2. They've combined drinks from 2 different episodes and brought in his attention to detail. I'm curious how they're going to fill in and develop.
Apr 7, 10:15 PM
Mar 2024
I hope they keep improving the animation in future episodes
Apr 8, 2:09 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bartender is an anime I had been wanting to watch for a while, but I haven't gotten to it. This, along with Spice and Wolf, are anime I'm a little ashamed to be starting out with the remakes on first, but here I am anyway. So far it's fine for me.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 8, 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
eh, it turned out being remake/reboot :(

Will pass on this...
Apr 8, 11:20 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Good start for an anime that just oozes class in its drinks and specifically Ryu's mannerisms. The way he described the Highball and maintains the counter clean is so smooth and to top it all off is that ice cube cracking sound: chef's kiss. Still, this is probably not going to be an anime for everyone considering how plain the presentation looks but I have my hopes up since I didn't watch the original back in the day.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 8, 7:15 PM

Aug 2016
10 years later there’s a remake and I still haven’t watched the original. This episode was great.
Apr 9, 5:41 PM

Sep 2018
I've been meaning to watch the original for a long while, but ever since the remake got announced I've just been waiting for it to air instead – wasn't disappointed! The whole cocktail mixing process was basically ASMR and I'm here for it. Core characters that don't instantly get on my nerves are also a big plus, but that's to be expected from an adult cast story.
Apr 10, 1:51 AM
Oct 2023
Very good ep, just perfect pacing and nice for relaxing anime, I liked anime looking forward to whole season, just small drink how much he exolained, just wow...
Apr 10, 4:40 PM
Dec 2021
I really had my doubts, but I loved it! It's just the series I was looking for <3
Apr 12, 10:33 PM
Feb 2024
I'm super excited for this one, this pilot but really good.
Apr 13, 3:30 PM
Sep 2021
I really liked the original, fun to see what they changed this time.
Apr 15, 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
This is too beautiful to be expressed in words ❤️️❤️️❤️️
Apr 15, 11:49 AM
Apr 2022
decent to watch, nothing special for now
Apr 16, 12:14 AM

Jun 2020
Wow, I'm all in for any hidden gem I found in every season, and now I got one. I didn't know it's a remake, and I might watch the old version if this one is promising enough to do so.

Simple premise with deep execution, decent animation, then slow and chill pacing. Sasakura Ryu might be a normal reckless guy outside, but he got the charisma and pride when it comes to his work as a bartender, pretty interesting.

I can't wait to see how they will bring this story to the end.
Apr 17, 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
It was exactly what I needed to see! i planned for a week to watch it with highball, but instead of that i watched with wine, such a waste xP
Apr 18, 8:37 AM
Aug 2021
haven't seen the original version but this was a great first episode. animation is really good and the story looks like it's going somewhere definitely worth looking forward to. wish they remade death parade too
Apr 18, 9:49 AM

May 2015
I don't remember the original to be this engaging. If my memory hasn't failed me, there we are thrown straight into the middle of the story, or rather, someone else's stories in episodic fashion. Here, it seems to focus more on the bartender first, which makes it more interesting, ngl. The newer artstyle gives everything a more refreshing and delicious look. So far, a good and worthwhile remake. Maybe I also grew to enjoy this type of anime more nowadays.
TenApr 18, 10:09 AM
Apr 19, 2:35 AM
Sep 2021
Loved the overall vibe & how it is presented. A comfy, happy slice-of-life show.
Apr 19, 7:57 AM
Feb 2015
I am 3 weeks late because I let this be the last anime that I first start watching out of the ones I'm following this season because I was most anticipating this one, all the way ever since it was announced last year and am so happy it is, the og was one of my big favourites 😭

OP and ED were okay but it's not particularly special, I guess because I'm just comparing it to the og ahahahahha

Seems like the 1st episode is pretty much similar to the 1st episode as well to the og with the hotel bar in plan so it's a bit like a remake in a way, tho there are new components like the really flashy dude 🙈 as well as what is happening panning out differently to the og
It's so weird seeing Ryuu with so much emotion because he was rather stoic in his calm nature that it's somewhat cute in a way seeing him get all flustered ahahah

From this remake tho, they've taken less of that stage performance-like approach with the presentation of each episode (which really made it stand out) and made it into what you would just normally see in a show but I don't mind it, seems like we're getting more of a story approach to some of the lore going on compared to the more theatrical episodic feel of the og
Glad that there are some of these key quotes that were used again in this remake

BRUH AS SOON AS THE NEW GIRL ASKED FOR SOMETHING PINK MY MIND WENT STRAIGHT TO COSMOPOLITAN AND I WAS CORRECT WTF 😭😭😭😭😭
BonBonToroApr 19, 8:27 AM
Apr 28, 3:08 AM

Aug 2019
I know nothing about drinks but I'm enjoying this anime so far.

The bartender is in his ultimate form. He knows everything and anything.
May 2, 1:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
First episode: good. Really freaking good actually, I felt like crying during the highball scene at the end. This man is the embodiment of "I gotchu fam."

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 2, 5:43 AM
May 2023
Loved it, chill first episode
May 2, 9:58 PM
Jul 2020
Incredible, there was a grasshopper
May 4, 2:39 AM
Feb 2023
This show definitely fits the workaholic culture in Japan. I like it.
May 5, 11:36 AM

Jan 2022
Man, this first episode made me teary eyed wtf the bartender seemed like an absolute mess in the outside world but he's in his element at work. This was a very wholesome and unexpected start. I'm really looking forward to see how the rest of this anime will go.

I don't really like alcohol but I would die for him to make me a drink
This never updates so that's cool
May 8, 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Haven't seen the original but as I was watching this, I got good vibes, particularly because cocktails have been a staple in my life. Def feels like a show that you is appreciated more if you are at least of drinking age, if not older and have been well into your legal drinking years. The ending leaves me wondering what's going to happen next episode!
xriceball26May 8, 3:09 PM
May 8, 6:21 PM
Feb 2021
Such an elegant way to start and end off the first episode. As the story begins with these ladies finding the right Bartender for their hotel, they just so happen to run into this same man Ryuu three times. At first and second glace they didn't believe he was even a bartender, from the way he acts outside of his own bar. When they happen to find where he works, they each have their own drink and I love how each drink kind of tells their own story.

Yukari asked for the pink martini, after drinking it you can tell how overjoyed she was since she's type of person to be optimistic and joyful, especially when she sees that other handsome bartender.

Miwa was clearly testing Ryuu for her drink, which was highball. and after doubting about it not being good, her whole POV starts to change after drinking his, as he explains the way he makes her. He may not know her well enough, but noticed little things on her sleeve and her watch on her wrist. Saying that she has been though stress after searching for the right Bartender to make the "Glass of God".

Overall what a very lovely and visually appealing anime to watch! I knew I was going to be enamored by all the drinks this Bartender to make and I can't wait to learn more about the different types of Alcohol he uses for each customer that runs into him. 10/10 first episode, love to see more...

NOTE: The only Alcohol I ever had in my life is a white sangria and (probably) a martini. I prefer to have sweet drinks, nothing too strong (which I hear are the ones that you have to be very careful with) but maybe I hope to try new drinks soon in the future.
May 12, 2:09 PM

Jun 2023
Not familiar with the original adaptation but this is probably one of the more unique shows I've seen. Looking forward to chill and watch Ryuu's development instead of going to actual bars which are expensive af nowadays lol.
May 16, 3:46 AM

Jul 2023
Before watching this, I watched the original so I could have an impression of that vis a vis this remake.

I think it cannot entirely replace the original. They're more like complementary that so far I can recommend watching both.

This one has the superior animation but I get the feeling that it's too bright. The old one uses shadows and certain framing to achieve some effect that mitigates the lousy animation.

The execution is also different. The old one is episodic and Ryuu feels like an other wordly being. In this remake, which possibly follows the manga more closely, he is humanised in that he can be clumsy. There also seems to be as many people as possible whereas the old on tries to keep fewer people as possible.

The old one is also more poetic which in addition to the op and ed gives a nostalgic vibe.

I do hope this remake is more than one cour because at this rate, it's impossible to put everything in only 12 or 13 episodes, if the plan is to adapt all the manga volumes.

eta: perhaps this time, there will be some romance between Ryuu and Miwa.
patkarununganMay 17, 4:04 PM
May 16, 3:52 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to JBCena
Not familiar with the original adaptation but this is probably one of the more unique shows I've seen. Looking forward to chill and watch Ryuu's development instead of going to actual bars which are expensive af nowadays lol.
@JBCena I recommend that you watch the original as you watch this. It's episodic, and the vibe is different that there's something to be enjoyed in both. I haven't watched yet the live action, so I can't comment on that.
May 17, 2:54 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to patkarunungan
@JBCena I recommend that you watch the original as you watch this. It's episodic, and the vibe is different that there's something to be enjoyed in both. I haven't watched yet the live action, so I can't comment on that.
@patkarunungan Def considering it after I finish this season.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

21 by lordgaara »»
May 26, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

96 by destinyunknown »»
May 26, 8:41 AM

» What's your favorite drink?

davi__ - May 20

41 by Luthandorius »»
May 26, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

62 by patkarunungan »»
May 25, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1

62 by Virtecek »»
May 22, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.