Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 8, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2020
well, ill pass on this one. maybe this show was for a plane fan service. anyway this series will be liked by others but not for me.
Oct 8, 2020 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Claudia is a babe and so are all the other girls. I dig this anime. It was not awful. The art an animation were very nice and clean. Ill def stick with it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 8, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
Arcaches said:
From Tappei, i was really expecting to half of the characters die in horrible ways. But it wasn't, and i think that was neccessary.
Too much pureness and happiness makes me sad :(
I think many of us that are watching this because of Tappei/Re:Zero are expecting it. They're building up the cuteness and lovely dovely stuff to make the delivery better, I can just [feel it happening by the third episode. The whole time I was watching it one thing crossed my mind: there IS going to be a wham episode sooner or later, I just know it! This is too cute and wholesome not to happen
Oct 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who got bothered by their voices not fitting to the image of their characters? I feel like Miyako's voice fits more to that pink-haired girl. Azu is fine.. she's actually cute. :)
Claudia is very beautiful and handsome at the same time. lol :D
Her expressions reminded me of those male MC's in some anime.
Love her voice too <3 Very mature~~
Oct 10, 2020 6:44 AM
May 2020
Honestly, I feel like I enjoyed the first episode a lot! The characters seem pretty nice and I can't wait to see what Odin's connection to the pillars are, because he definitely doesn't seem like a good person lol. Also I like how people already giving it like a 6 off of the 1st episode like what?
Oct 10, 2020 9:39 AM
Sep 2016
Maybe I was too hyped for this show and thats why I have such mixed feelings about it. I was super excited about the extra long premiere episode, but.. all this additional time went and I don't think like it was utilized well. Still am not sure if this episode was supposed to be confusing, or was supposed to be grim turn happy, since "shinigami" stuff... nad it just kinda ended up confusing, gutless and confounded.

And yes, the characters are cute, the voice acting is very good, animation ain't bad either but compared to this seasons, half as long new Brave Witches 1st episode, that felt very underwhelming.
As I said, maybe I was just too hyped.
Oct 11, 2020 12:45 AM
Jan 2017
This wasn't a bad beginning, but it felt a bit too clichéd. Our protagonist is a socially withdrawn veteran that gets reassigned to a group that lacks any semblance of discipline and through them, she learns the value of friendship. I've been looking forward to this show since the voice cast was announced (that's how I guide myself through anime projects, don't judge me), and I hope it improves as it moves forward.
Oct 12, 2020 12:36 AM

Oct 2007
ok, fully watched the first episode now.

Claudia is a good character. And I like Miko too... happy characters are always nice to have around.
Oct 23, 2020 11:07 PM
Mar 2012
Lots of cute fun characters, and the way nicer animation in characters & warplanes, mixed with cg, for now is more watchable than Kotobuki & GAF. Kotobuki probably still wins on sound design tho, but it's quite immersive here too.
Wait wings on a biplane? norse magic? lots of bizarre stuff, probably should explain the worldbuilding.
Tappei & his long episodes with flying whales yes. There's a ton of battle girl shows so hope the author goes beyond the cliches.

Oct 24, 2020 9:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A 47 min episode... well it wasn't horrible but not really interesting, at least the plane part is pretty good
Nov 8, 2020 1:50 AM

Aug 2020
It got a very nice start. I am looking forward to watch this Anime more. From my perspective, this Anime is lacking many things.

So first of all, its a Post-Apocalytic genre Anime and for this Genre , there should consist Romance. Instead it is a shoujo Anime. You can see we haven't seen any male leading character yet, who is like a partner of the MC or something like their teammate. The combination of Lolis, Tsunderes and Male characters in the Team would have been dozen times better instead only some Lolis are their in her team which makes this Anime just like 'A Certain Scientific Railgun'.

In conclusion, I just want Romance here, instead of Shoujo or Yuri ( If they ever put that genre in it)

Inspite of that, the art style is great! Characters are well and plot is very intriguing. No flaw there just needed more male leading characters :(
RaeyyNov 16, 2020 3:43 AM
Nov 17, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2018
That was a pretty good first episode. The cast is a lot like Kotobuki but it’s mixed in with Kancolle. This is going to be a good series.
Dec 2, 2020 8:19 PM

Mar 2020
EcchiGodMamster said:
i CAN'T DECIDE who best girl is, holy shit

based on your pfp looks like you decided, and you made a correct decision
Dec 3, 2020 4:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
i CAN'T DECIDE who best girl is, holy shit

based on your pfp looks like you decided, and you made a correct decision

well i mean, that was episode 1 i said that, but yea, i see even Pixiv agrees
Dec 18, 2020 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
Well... it certainly has... a lot. There's a lot going on here, but none of it was particularly engrossing in the way it was presented. My eyes were glazed over by halfway through.
Feb 20, 2021 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
Weird mix of airforce girls with some Norse mythology, have to say Miyako jumping out of the plane to cut the pillar was both ridiculous and a cool flex. I kind of wonder why Odin appears in a shota form instead of the serious old man form. More importantly you would think the higher-ups won't give a shit about the mortality rate and would transfer Claudia to a crucial location instead of a remote one unless there is some unknown reason behind it.

Jun 14, 2021 8:55 AM

Feb 2020
Double length episode? That was a surprise.

Pretty good start. Nice animation, action scenes, and cute female cast.

SerafosDec 12, 2023 3:36 AM
Oct 30, 2021 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
The opening act wasn't bad of using that Odin character but it was about average when he only introduced a blonde girl in front of the tree (and you would need a longer story than that to capture my heart), a bit cliche but what the heck, she was still cute!

Claudia's loneliness, because her team is always dead at the end of each battle because their "buying time" would mean to sacrifice themselves which is a bad train of thought or the training of their soldiers is probably inferior to that of the girls. The mob characters may have sacrificed themselves for the good of their world but they didn't think things ahead of what Claudia or their last survivor would feel if they did that, it is such a waste. Claudia was really heartbroken at the end, however, I'm glad they introduced some happy-go-lucky characters here, I hope they can alleviate the pain Claudia is facing... or heal it completely.

Now that I think about it, Claudia is one of the S-Class Valkyrie and I think they're trained every day but the guys earlier were simply slaughtered lol. Their training must really suck if they can die like flies... A bunch of idiots but they're accepting towards Claudia when they realized her predicament when Azuzu broadcasted her worries, not bad Azuzu! So I think they're fine the way they are, a wholesome mob characters are always welcome. I'm also laughing at the side comments of the guys in the aircraft, it is a wonderful effort to give the audience a pleasant experience despite the dangers our characters are facing.
CrazyButNot4UOct 31, 2021 12:08 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 14, 2022 5:09 AM

May 2020
47 minutes in episode one, quitely fun enough. Good first impression from A-1 pictures, animation and kawaii girls. But all these girl are to young for doing a flight. They are cute in slice of life genre. Fighting against pillar an strange creature, I thought it will become a fight just like Tanya.
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM
Dec 2020
Infravalorado, mejor que los animes sobrevalorados en animelist
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

29 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.