Forum Settings
Forums

'Senki Zesshou Symphogear' Franchise Announces New Project

New
Nov 20, 2022 12:41 PM
News Team
Aug 2019

The Symphogear Live 2020 → 2022 event announced on Sunday a new project. Their official Twitter also revealed an announcement promo.

The action female idol franchise, written by Akifumi Kaneko and Noriyasu Agematsu, aired its first anime season in 13 episodes in Winter 2012, which was produced by Satelight and Encourage Films. Satelight animated four other sequels in the Summer of 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.

Dan Yoshii began writing a manga adaptation from December 2011 to March 2013 in Newtype Ace. Kadokawa shipped the third and final volume in July 2013.

Official site: https://portal.symphogear.com/
Official Twitter: @SYMPHOGEAR

Source: Official Twitter

Senki Zesshou Symphogear (Shin Project) on MAL
Hyperion_PSNov 20, 2022 8:11 PM
Nov 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
if its a completely new story and characters i might watch it since i never seen the original
Nov 20, 2022 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
who the hell are they going to fight now?
then again, more aoi yuki screams are always great to have
Nov 20, 2022 12:53 PM
Mar 2022
Damn! I've been waiting for something like this! All hail the girls who fight a sing! Also, i really want to see old caracters too :))
Nov 20, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2019
I wonder if this will have the old cast, or if this will have a completely new cast. Excited to see what this project is going to be like.
Nov 20, 2022 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
I was actually wondering why they waiting so long for continuation? Symphogear is incredibly popular in Japan.
The longest gap between seasons was two years.
Is COVID to blame?

Catalano said:

Dunno, man. Main antagonist of entire franchise was Talk no Jutsu'd in two or so sentences like it's nothing by our Mary Sue.
But there is still a potential for Yellow Thing to somehow redeem herself in potential 6th season. I can see the sequel happening.
But I'm afraid they just go with "three villainess coming out of nowhere and Yellow Thing Talk no Jutsuing them" for like fourth time in a row.
They could also explore Adam and Fine waging war against Shem-ha or Tsubasa's and Kanade's adventures. Anything without this blonde bimbo would be a dream come true.

Nov 20, 2022 1:22 PM

Feb 2007
I mean, why...? Not sure where it can go from where it ended. Or how they could possibly keep up making every episode dumber than the previous as they somehow managed ever since Fine revealed her plans in the first season...
Nov 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
Catalano said:

Maybe they will go the Gundam and Precure route and just start churning out different timelines with a new cast lol. But joking aside, I'll go for a movie with a "real true final".

luinthoron said:
I mean, why...? Not sure where it can go from where it ended. Or how they could possibly keep up making every episode dumber than the previous as they somehow managed ever since Fine revealed her plans in the first season...
Piromysl said:
I was actually wondering why they waiting so long for continuation? Symphogear is incredibly popular in Japan.
Is COVID to blame?

Catalano said:

Dunno, man. Main antagonist of entire franchise was Talk no Jutsu'd in two or so sentences like it's nothing by our Mary Sue.
But there is still a potential for Yellow Thing to somehow redeem herself in potential 6th season. I can see the sequel happening.
But I'm afraid they just go with "three villainess coming out of nowhere and Yellow Thing Talk no Jutsuing them" for like fourth time in a row.
They could also explore Adam and Fine waging war against Shem-ha or Tsubasa's and Kanade's adventures. Anything without this blonde bimbo would be a dream come true.

I could have just written "money my friend" but that's a joke on its own.
Nov 20, 2022 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
Piromysl said:
Is COVID to blame?

Catalano said:

yeah maybe, after last season ended there were rumors that a movie was in production but nothing came of it
at this rate, they'll go full dragon ball z and make super powerful enemies just for the sake of it. I don't think the yellow thing will ever be redeemed, we're in the minority, symphogear fans just like the action, transformations, songs and screaming. There are so few who actually care about the overall plot :((
Nov 20, 2022 2:15 PM
Mar 2013
I remember XV was oficially announced to be the final season. I highly doubt this new project is going to be a continuation of that (unless they make it a movie, which is also cool). It's either going to be an alternate timeline, or a new story with a new cast.

Regardless though, I'm very excited. Symphogear is one of my favorite anime of all time.
Nov 20, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Nervous. I'm down for more Symphogear, but I can only see the ending getting less satisfying. I all but got what I wanted last time and now they're gonna worm their way out of it again.
Nov 20, 2022 2:19 PM

Dec 2012
Symphogear bros assemble.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 20, 2022 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Nyuu3 said:
Nervous. I'm down for more Symphogear, but I can only see the ending getting less satisfying. I all but got what I wanted last time and now they're gonna worm their way out of it again.

Weird, because I happen to have exact opposite impression.
I was so frustrated, that it gave me real case of PTED. Ever since I've been praying for proper sequel.

Nov 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
Piromysl said:
Nyuu3 said:

I was so frustrated, that it gave me real case of PTED. Ever since I've been praying for proper sequel.

Nov 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
Nyuu3 said:
Piromysl said:

LoL bruh. It has nothing to do with yuri nor romance.
While we're at it, it was pretty clear since beginning, that it is not yuri show.

The fact that this pseudo vampire cunt wasn't killed in the most brutal way possible and didn't went away kicking and screaming was very frustrating. She did not even apologise, went through any sort of redemption process or in any way conveyed that she realizes what she did was wrong.
What she had done and how this Yellow Thing immediately wanted to befriend her after finding out about her murdering 100k innocent people still haunts me.
PiromyslNov 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Nov 20, 2022 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
Hopefully it's a new story with new characters are there isn't any need for more sequels to the original, just keep Nana as the OP singer.

Nov 20, 2022 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Piromysl said:
While we're at it, it was pretty clear since beginning, that it is not yuri show.

The fact that this pseudo vampire cunt wasn't killed in the most brutal way possible and didn't went away kicking and screaming was very frustrating. She did not even apologise, went through any sort of redemption process or in any way conveyed that she realizes what she did was wrong.
What she had done and how this Yellow Thing immediately wanted to befriend her after finding out about her murdering 100k innocent people still haunts me.

Look forward to Hibiki decapitating every villain in season 6, I guess.
Nov 20, 2022 3:09 PM

Jul 2015
Nyuu3 said:
Piromysl said:

Look forward to Hibiki decapitating every villain in season 6, I guess.

Yea, that would at least give her some personality.

Nov 20, 2022 3:17 PM
Jan 2009
deg said:
if its a completely new story and characters i might watch it since i never seen the original

just watch the show???
Nov 20, 2022 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
The only franchise which managed to increase its sales over the course of five seasons. I'm happy we'll be getting more, but I don't know what it'll be. XV ended on an almost perfect note.
Nov 20, 2022 5:11 PM
Jul 2013
The ending of XV was perfect and they said it was final season. My hope is to have new set of characters, VAs and singers. High risk move, but I really would love to see Symphogear try to go that way.
Nov 20, 2022 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
AYO WHAT??? I'm super new to this series having watched all of it last year. I'm super hyped for more Symphogear, not a lot of other shows like it.
Nov 20, 2022 6:10 PM
Jan 2012
Yes. Very excited for this.
Nov 20, 2022 7:49 PM
Aug 2016
My phonic gain is off the charts.
Nov 20, 2022 8:48 PM

Aug 2018
im shaking so much
Nov 20, 2022 11:52 PM

Apr 2012
Nyuu3 said:
Piromysl said:

Piromysl said:
Nyuu3 said:

I'm surprised you're the first to write about yuri here. Despite being primarily an all-female musical franchise for the Japanese, Western fandom is more or less made up of yuri fanboys and fangirls, to whom everything else is secondary.
Nov 21, 2022 1:49 AM

Jul 2017
All is good when Symphogear drops another banger

Nov 21, 2022 2:22 AM

Dec 2015
OMG YES!! I really hope this is a sequel with Hibiki and the gang as the protagonists and not a completely new story with new characters (I wouldn't mind if Hibiki made new friends tho xD). Either way, this is wonderful news and I'm happy that Symphogear isn't over!!
Nov 21, 2022 2:45 AM

Dec 2015
Catalano said:

Honestly what I would love the most is for this new project to somehow adapt the stories from the Symphogear XD game. After all Fate turned Fate Grand Order into an anime as well, so maybe Symphogear could do the same? Would love to see that alternative version of Hibiki (from the world where Miku didn't exist) appear in the anime!
Nov 21, 2022 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
Maybe its an all-new cast.
Nov 21, 2022 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
Ckea said:
Catalano said:

Honestly what I would love the most is for this new project to somehow adapt the stories from the Symphogear XD game. After all Fate turned Fate Grand Order into an anime as well, so maybe Symphogear could do the same? Would love to see that alternative version of Hibiki (from the world where Miku didn't exist) appear in the anime!

I would actually love to see Kaede being protagonist along with Tsubasa.
Something that was literally advertised in the very first PV ten years ago.

Nov 21, 2022 5:14 AM

Apr 2012
Ckea said:
Catalano said:

FGO is actually a completely new timeline with endless possibilities to create new characters and new stories. Something similar happens with Madoka mobile game. I'm not sure if the Symphogear game is on the same meta level.
Nov 21, 2022 6:19 AM

Aug 2011
Anime is saved once again

» Escapism.

Nov 21, 2022 8:02 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You can't stop the Symphogear! I say that but I didn't actually expect to see more of it. I like how things ended last time but who knows what this'll bring.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 21, 2022 10:58 AM

Apr 2009
It had five seasons going from bad to worse, can't they just put this thing out of its misery?
Nov 21, 2022 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
Nanaca said:
can't they just put this thing out of its misery?

[recurrent thoughts from nanaca to himself every single night before passing out]

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
Ckea said:

FGO is actually a completely new timeline with endless possibilities to create new characters and new stories. Something similar happens with Madoka mobile game. I'm not sure if the Symphogear game is on the same meta level.

Not sure about that myself tbh, all I know about Symphogear XD is what little I have read about it on the wiki
Nov 21, 2022 4:38 PM
Aug 2018
I hope they make this an eternity series and continue to churn out more seasons forever, nothing could make me happier than that.
Nov 21, 2022 10:06 PM

Apr 2009
Praise be, let us hope for Mikugear.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 22, 2022 6:48 PM
Aug 2016
Symphogear gets so nonsense bonkers that they could honestly just do anything despite how final the last season may have seemed. Something from space, another time, some hidden entity that had always been watching? Who cares. Just give me more. This is an excellent action series.

More topics from this board

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - 57 minutes ago

2 by Zakception »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - 10 hours ago

14 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
9 hours ago

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

13 by tragedydesu »»
9 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
Today, 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.