Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Even with despair, it looks like Shinpei kept hope up and came up to fight the good fight again.

My favorite part of the episode is the fight in the final few minutes. He and Ushio teamed up to make a hell of an impact against those Shadows. What a duo! Now, only 4 episodes left to go.
Sep 1, 2022 8:39 AM

May 2020
Losing Hizuru was the biggest setback yet so just can't ask Shinpei to get over that tragedy this quick. Also timing couldn't be any worse too when they don't even know how many spare bodies Shide actually has. Well it's a bit too convoluted at this point, his whole existence.

Anyways Mio really gave that age old question, "if you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today" a shot lol. Confessed but got an inevitable NO. Too bad she never had a chance to begin with.

Ushio made a return as expected, in that drifting self of hers, like the way she first appeared during the festival in the third loop. Since Ushio who's been looping with Shinpei over all this time has gone in the previous loop itself, just leaving her part of consciousness in that small shell after her, never reached the 24th, the date of festival in any of the loops before while looping with Shinpei. Guess that's why we never saw the possibility of two Ushios existing at the same time.

Those last few minutes of that underwater segment, with Shinpei riding on the back of that shadow he got from Tokiko with Shide and his fragments chasing him down, searching for Ushio and the OST throughout was such a thrill. She made her comeback in classic battle shounen fashion too lol.
Sep 1, 2022 9:33 AM
Jun 2020
You know, since 4th Loop, there are exist two Ushio, 1 get attached to shinpei, and another one still floating/drowning on the sea
Sep 1, 2022 9:36 AM
Aug 2022
you know this anime really got my hopes up
and it really worth watching
Sep 1, 2022 3:42 PM

May 2019
Very fitting visuals following the events of last week's episode and in no way made to be artistically cliché: the black clothing and umbrella on a rainy day at the beach.

"...now he shoulders the responsibility. At times like this, he always carries the burden on his own."
It is unquestionably clear how much this describes Shinpei's character, as rather befitting of an MC. Not to mention how much was lost during that showdown of late, it seemed all too hopeless, "Do we even stand a chance on our own?" On the other hand, for all who have waited for Ushio's return—which, let's be honest, is about almost everyone—they can be rest assured given how she isn't technically all gone as Haine previously thought. For once, that news put a small smile on shadow Ushio's face, a character described of having no mercy or hesitation and being indifferent to anything happening.

Yes, nothing is more cliché than having the sun come up after a rainy day whenever the MC achieves or realizes something advantageous.
I love how even though Sou tries to fit in with the conserve and seriousness of a given situation, he always turns it into something quirky, especially if it has to deal with Mio. Additionally, Mio had the audacity to confess her love to her "Shin-chan" despite having understanding of the current context; but hey, we gotta break the tension some way.

Final thoughts, it's nice that we're given a brief recap of the past 20 episodes since, as I'm sure many will attest to, watching the plot weekly rather than all at once post-release helps cover some plot holes and misunderstandings from before. Additionally, we should still be expecting something different from Haine & Shide given that, as you may recall last week, the two have vastly different objectives (though that's gonna be hard to acknowledge until probably the last minute), and that a hell of a lot of things will be coming in these remaining 4 episodes. Also, what was that about Mrs. Hishigata about to light up that hallway under the clinic? Guess that's a story for another time.

"She's coming back."

Props to the composers for the OST, especially in the latter half with the urgent and tense tone it gives off.
NekOniiChanSep 1, 2022 4:07 PM
Sep 1, 2022 4:08 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man we lost

Mad as hell they did my baby mio like that. When will best girls ever win, man… animation during that scene was amazing though. But fuck. Show may go from a 10 to a 9 after that.

Rest of the episode was fire though. Wonder who the staff was on this ep. The animation was superb. The underwater chase scene was very fluid and tense leading up to Ushio’s revival which was great btw.

Knew there was no way she was gonna be gone permanently, but still think they’ll need to get Haine on their side as opposed to an all out war against she and Shide. Just don’t have the numbers.
Marinate1016Sep 1, 2022 4:26 PM
Sep 1, 2022 7:30 PM

Jan 2012
Now that was a feel good moment ending. I relished it, truly.
Sep 1, 2022 7:48 PM
Jun 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Mad as hell they did my baby mio like that. When will best girls ever win, man… animation during that scene was amazing though. But fuck. Show may go from a 10 to a 9 after that.

Rest of the episode was fire though. Wonder who the staff was on this ep. The animation was superb. The underwater chase scene was very fluid and tense leading up to Ushio’s revival which was great btw.

Knew there was no way she was gonna be gone permanently, but still think they’ll need to get Haine on their side as opposed to an all out war against she and Shide. Just don’t have the numbers.

absolutely spitting fax. I really wish that the author didnt just absolutely fucking waste mio's character and just put her there to fill up space sitting pretty while being a false love-triangle participant just so her shadow could come and outshine her. Hopefully the real mio actually does something insane within the next four episodes because tbh she's defo best girl in terms of looks but not so much in terms of usefulness.
Sep 1, 2022 8:23 PM

Feb 2019
Kymazaki said:
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

absolutely spitting fax. I really wish that the author didnt just absolutely fucking waste mio's character and just put her there to fill up space sitting pretty while being a false love-triangle participant just so her shadow could come and outshine her. Hopefully the real mio actually does something insane within the next four episodes because tbh she's defo best girl in terms of looks but not so much in terms of usefulness.

I’m glad MAL people got better taste than Reddit. R/anime people was seething about this comment
Sep 1, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Kymazaki said:

I’m glad MAL people got better taste than Reddit. R/anime people was seething about this comment

im guessing they were just absolutely bashing her like ive seen alot of other people do which honestly surprises me since I thought people would've liked a bit of tan/dark skin beauty in the show despite her being useless (for now hopefully)
Sep 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Feb 2019
Kymazaki said:
Marinate1016 said:

im guessing they were just absolutely bashing her like ive seen alot of other people do which honestly surprises me since I thought people would've liked a bit of tan/dark skin beauty in the show despite her being useless (for now hopefully)

“Why would you be surprised when ushio clearly been the main girl”
Sep 1, 2022 8:57 PM
Apr 2014
USHIO is back Very exited about the next episode. I thought maybe her original survived.
Sep 1, 2022 8:57 PM
May 2020
I love the 'Deus ex Machina' this show has. It doesn't feel forced, and truly it was euphoric. 4 episodes left, let's see how this masterpiece goes.
Sep 1, 2022 9:30 PM
Jun 2022
this episode was awesome
Sep 1, 2022 9:40 PM
Sep 2021
Favourite episode
Shinpei got drip
Their meeting and everything abt this ep was lovely
Sep 1, 2022 9:43 PM

Mar 2020
Well, brutal for Mio, you know, that confession scene reminded me a little of Rem's confession scene in Re:Zero for some reason. Still, I have to say that Mio hasn't had a lot to do with the plot, and that's unfortunate. The last few minutes of this episode was great action, and I really enjoyed that part. Teetering between giving an 8 or a 9 for this show right now, we'll see how the last four episodes pan out.
Sep 1, 2022 10:14 PM

Oct 2016
Playay said:
I love the 'Deus ex Machina' this show has. It doesn't feel forced, and truly it was euphoric. 4 episodes left, let's see how this masterpiece goes.

The trick is to lay the groundworks thick early on so that it's celebrated as foreshadowing rather than plot armour
Sep 1, 2022 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
Volvió mi rubia de ojos azules, no hay mas!
Sep 1, 2022 11:08 PM
Jul 2017
This show really reminding me of Re:Zero with that “sorry I love Emilia/Ushio” bit XD
Sep 1, 2022 11:33 PM
May 2021
as a manga reader, this episode was what I was most excited for. it's all uphill from now
Sep 1, 2022 11:36 PM
May 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Dude Mio is undoubtedly a good character, but lowering the score just because she didn't win the romantic war is too stupid. also Ushio is a far better FMC. she's cute, and OP. bro. I understand your preference but lower the score for that?
Sep 1, 2022 11:48 PM

Apr 2018
Ronnie_anime24 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Dude Mio is undoubtedly a good character, but lowering the score just because she didn't win the romantic war is too stupid. also Ushio is a far better FMC. she's cute, and OP. bro. I understand your preference but lower the score for that?

Especially since we already knew that shinpei loved Ushio and treated mio as a member of his family.
There was no love triangle from the beginning and shinpei was not going to change his mind.

It's even better for her to finally detach herself from her unique love with Shinpei to become someone new than to be still in Ushio's "shadow" (figuratively speaking, not literally x) ).
Sep 1, 2022 11:51 PM

Feb 2019
Ronnie_anime24 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

Cry+cope and seethe sadly.
Sep 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Sep 2019
Ushio has returned, as expected. Mio isn't my top girl; it is Hizuru, followed by Ushio, so I don't mind if Mio loses.
Sep 2, 2022 1:28 AM
Oct 2019
another fun amazing episode, I love it when shin-chan, over-looks things and comes up with ideas, I feel bad for the little sister but I'm proud of her for giving it a try even if she knew the answer. the shin troupe powered up too and it seems we are getting close to the final battle, I cannot wait to see how it ends. I bet I will rewatch this show a lot.
Sep 2, 2022 2:02 AM
Apr 2020
yes yes yes yes

very much yes
Sep 2, 2022 2:04 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems Shinpei is still upset about Hizuru's death and their situation understandably.
Shadow Mio tells Shinpei that in the shell, Ushio's memories are there and that's what protected him!
He thinks the original with no memories is coming back tomorrow also so all she needs to do is scan the memories.
Sou confesses to Mio but she tells him she is her shadow...
Though in actuality it is really Mio!
And she rejects him again.
She tells Shinpei she loves him!
He thanks her and it seems he knew all along xD.
He tells her that he doesn't feel the same way and loves Ushio. Though he loves her as a sister.
And she cries in the company of shadow Mio and Tokiko.
Shinpei knows Ushio will appear as on the third loop she latched onto him. And currently she should be drifting in the sea healing from trying to save Shiori. To back this up, the shell is moving towards Ushio.
Ryuunosuke thanks Nezu for helping Hizuru and him.
Haine has caught onto Shinpei's plan to rescue Ushio but in the end, it all works out for Shinpei!
Ushio now has her memories.
'I'm ready to kick some ass!'

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 2, 2022 2:18 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 2, 2022 2:19 AM
Jun 2021
i definitely love this masterpiece!
Sep 2, 2022 3:04 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see Ushio back.
Sep 2, 2022 3:33 AM
Apr 2020
Excellent Episode!
Sep 2, 2022 3:39 AM
Aug 2021
so gooooood , best anime with major cliffhangers, can't explain my excitement 😁
Sep 2, 2022 5:33 AM
Jan 2022
Genius story, like it

Sep 2, 2022 6:00 AM

Dec 2020
damnnn mio😭😭😭 worts confessions scene ever, the dude alr knows abt it and is dealing with uh ? literally the well being of this whole island, lost someone he greatly admired, got her dead twin inside his brain, and lost the love of his life againnn yo😂😂 doing mio so dirty like that. but im glad she was able to do it.

that whole plan was sickk and finally we have an episode where it ends on a good note. not sad, confusing or ominous. just hapi :D
Sep 2, 2022 6:19 AM

Feb 2020
RIP Mio got lil sis zoned lmao. Oh, and ushio's back, for now. That's great to see. Still 4 more episode to go!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2022 7:28 AM

Aug 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

the best way to stop getting disappointed is to stop rooting for any girl that's not the main, as you will most likely have to go through with that in so many other shows.
Sep 2, 2022 7:45 AM
Jun 2015
best anime of the season. period.
Sep 2, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
The day that Hizuru died...Ajiro Shinpei has his longest day ever.

The loss of more peiople, but for Ushio, other than not having a medium, the shell that she encloses her data in keeps her soul together with Shinpei, that is until the fireworks festival to get her body back. Sou still having a crush on Mio, while the latter admires Shinpei deeply. The friendzoned (Sou), and the imouto-zoned (Mio), and the original couple that is Shinpei and Ushio.

Lots of linkage between the 9 loops gone through that intercedes speculations, and taking into account the different tides of the day, that's where Ushio appears, the defective towards the Mother that casted her aside, and their winning tool. Seeing Ryuunosuke within Shinpei still feels weird though. But Haine and Karakiri ain't far behind in thinking that Ushio is within the waters as well, and it soon becomes a race against time for whom can reach Ushio 1st.

Shinpei vs. Shide to get Ushio and scan her memories back, and she's ready to kick more ass.
Impressive work creating the drive towards the final stretch.
Sep 2, 2022 8:09 AM
Apr 2021
YOOOOOO THAT ENDING WAS LIT ASF OMGGGGGGG😭😭😭 the animation kicked up a notch when Shinpei was rescuing Ushio, I was soooo happy seeing them back together🥹🥹🥹 but damn Mio got little sis friend zoned💀💀💀💀💀
Treyv0nSep 9, 2022 11:11 AM
Sep 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
SHE IS BACK !!!

Oh my god im so glad SHE IS BACK !!!

now this show is at the end of story !!
Sep 2, 2022 8:43 AM
Jun 2020
This episode was alright, but one problem I've seen with this series since the beginning is that it's incredibly focused on rushing through the story. It was a bigger problem earlier on in the first half when this show was still a mystery, but now that the second half is more action oriented, it's not as bad.

Regardless of the overlying problem with the series, this episode and recent ones were all back to back important and fast paced action scenes. I'm going to compare this to Higurashi and Re:Zero, since it clearly draws inspiration from these Anime. One of the things Higurashi did well was separating all the action with slower, slice of life type scenes and episodes as well. These scenes helped the audience take a break from all the heavier scenes, and in Summertime Rendering I found myself just not being able to remember the clear string and order of events that got us here to episode 21 since it's just constant action. It never lets the audience have enough for the drama and other stuff to sink in.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 2, 2022 8:58 AM
Dec 2014
not bad lalalalalalla
Sep 2, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2018
Mr_Bruh said:
This episode was alright, but one problem I've seen with this series since the beginning is that it's incredibly focused on rushing through the story. It was a bigger problem earlier on in the first half when this show was still a mystery, but now that the second half is more action oriented, it's not as bad.

Regardless of the overlying problem with the series, this episode and recent ones were all back to back important and fast paced action scenes. I'm going to compare this to Higurashi and Re:Zero, since it clearly draws inspiration from these Anime. One of the things Higurashi did well was separating all the action with slower, slice of life type scenes and episodes as well. These scenes helped the audience take a break from all the heavier scenes, and in Summertime Rendering I found myself just not being able to remember the clear string and order of events that got us here to episode 21 since it's just constant action. It never lets the audience have enough for the drama and other stuff to sink in.

Summertime rendering is a manga/anime that can be appreciated even more when rereading, like SNK manga, considering the number of foreshadowing there was for example.
Sep 2, 2022 9:07 AM
Jun 2020
Yumekua said:
Mr_Bruh said:

Summertime rendering is a manga/anime that can be appreciated even more when rereading, like SNK manga, considering the number of foreshadowing there was for example.

That's also another way of looking at it I guess. Despite this one problem, I still think it's the anime of the season
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 2, 2022 9:23 AM
Feb 2022
Ushio Kofune is back and better than ever!
And I wish I will like to get an S.H.Figuarts figure of Ushio Kofune from the series Summer Time Render, by Bandai Spirits, for Christmas!⛄🎄
Sep 2, 2022 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Hellothere31 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Nah man we lost

the best way to stop getting disappointed is to stop rooting for any girl that's not the main, as you will most likely have to go through with that in so many other shows.

Nah, never that. Best girl will always be supported.
Sep 2, 2022 9:55 AM
Feb 2018
Sep 2, 2022 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
Man..... she got sister zoned god you hate to see it
Sep 2, 2022 10:30 AM
Sep 2019
Even though it was a lighter episode, they managed to deliver something fucking amazing for an episode where there isnt much action. They progressed through the story as well as the character's objectives between mio and shinpei, and other in second plan like nezu and ryuunosuke, and Ushio's come back for the final story's outcome. I liked the explanation about the tides and all of the memories inside the shell that only ushio can scan.
Sep 2, 2022 10:36 AM
Aug 2014
another fantastic episode, i'm ready for the final 4 episodes
Sep 2, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 2021
ttttttttttttttttt
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
Yesterday, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

152 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.