Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2022 12:59 PM
Jan 2022
As expect ,anime only or even manga reader not gonna like this episode so much cause the drawing is shit.
Jan 30, 2022 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
Taltibalti said:
Emanon30 said:

Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".

Funny you say that with the AoT manga in your favourites. It objectively has a pretty bad art style with inconsistent character design throughout the whole manga.

I know. And?
It's in the last spot for that reason, and many more.
Jan 30, 2022 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
predicted this after kruger moment talking abt mikasa and armin
it was fun reveal though
Jan 30, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
Mathi786 said:
Emanon30 said:

Right. The uninspired soundtrack, which plays "Ashes on the Fire" 9 times out of 10, is also very important, of course.

"Animation isn't all there is to an anime" is such a funny phrase. Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".

Look Buddy u should just stop arguing with these kinda idiots, they don't have enough thought process to understand these kinda things, your just making in vein efforts

1/10 for FMAB
8/10 for Ergo Proxy

I see we understand each other.
Jan 30, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2021
Eren is pretty sadistic
Jan 30, 2022 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting turn of events. If Isayama had this planned the whole time...

I feel like this episode will confuse a lot of anime-onlys though.
Jan 30, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
These episodes made me remember why I love AOT. I haven't been this hype watching the show since season 3 part 2.
Jan 30, 2022 1:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahah yeah the story is getting even more interesting but also even better, that travel through all the memories of Grisha and Eren's life was incredible, but especially for the revelations especially with the future seeing power and how Grisha could already see Eren's journey in the future so that's why the mass murder happened with the royals, and damn Grisha begging Zeke to stop Eren while crying was the best scene of this episode
Jan 30, 2022 1:16 PM
Aug 2021
I have just loved it, haven't really seen the minutes passing. Only really excited for next ep.
Jan 30, 2022 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
I'm fucking shaking. God what a fucking episode!
Jan 30, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2014
Is it just me or is Zeke animated significantly worse than everyone else? He looks so 2D, flat, or like he’s missing detailing that every other character has? And his mouth movements are animated so badly, like the frame rate is super low compared to everyone else? Eren is a close 2nd, whereas everyone and everything else looks animated like normal, the same as it looked in the final season part 1. Everyone praises the animation but I saw this weird shift in the animation of Zeke and Eren (especially Zeke) as soon as they entered the paths.
Jan 30, 2022 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
ButadonMeitantei said:
Interesting turn of events. If Isayama had this planned the whole time...

I feel like this episode will confuse a lot of anime-onlys though.

Well, he did, just look at the title of the very first chapter. The retroactive plot element has always been there from the get-go.
Jan 30, 2022 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This was a great chapter in the manga and they did an excellent job adapting it. Voice acting, music, was all on point as far as I'm concerned. I got goosebumps hearing Grisha Yeager saying out loud Shingeki no Kyojin
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2022 1:20 PM

Aug 2019
It was emotional but worth it
Jan 30, 2022 1:21 PM
Jul 2020
Epic episode i really really loved it and felt bad for Zeke and Grisha well and Eren too đź’”
Jan 2019
So in order to avoid any confusion regarding the time travel mechanics, I will break down what type of Time travel we're dealing with here.

AOT operates by a particular type of time travel where it's almost impossible to change the past even if you somehow go back in time. And any change that you tried to cause was always meant to happen in the overall timeline. Here time is a fixed circle, not a stream. We may see Eren meddle in the past but that was always meant to happen. This calls into the question of the existence of free will in the world of Attack of Titan.

The Attack Titan's ability is to receive the memories of its future inheritors. This was hinted when Kruger mentioned Mikasa and Armin towards the end of S3. Keep in mind, they can only view these memories but can't interact with them. So how was Eren able to meddle in the past?

Well, he had 3 perfect conditions:

1) He had the ability of the Attack Titan
2) The ability of the Founding Titan
3) He was also in contact with someone with royal blood AKA Zeke.

After Zeke tapped Eren's head, they were able to view Grisha's past memories with Eren using the power of the coordinate. They were freely able to view the past as if it were through a one way mirror.

Now if Eren had any other Titan other than the Attack Titan, he would only be able to look. But since Attack Titan can see forward in time, Grisha can use this to see Eren's recollection of the same event that he's currently experiencing in real time.

So this mean that whenever Grisha can see or hear Eren, he's actually recieving a brief future memory from Eren's POV where he can see out of his eyes and hear his words. That means he is seeing himself from a 3rd perspective. Then if he responds, his response is simply part of the memory that Eren/Zeke are viewing, allowing for a two way communication through time.

Also Note that everytime, Grisha sees Zeke, Eren is always standing behind his dad. So whenever Grisha sees Zeke, it is from actually due to the memories from Eren's POV
Jul 2020
Epic episode i really really loved it and felt bad for Zeke and Grisha well and Eren too đź’”
Jan 30, 2022 1:22 PM
Oct 2020
I've been waiting for this part to be animated for so long and not only did it do it justice, it completely blew it out of the water. This was insane and already my favorite episode by far.

Knowing that Eren is the bad guy doesn't change a single thing about how I feel about him. All I can say is that I cannot wait for the absolute annihilation that is to come.
Jan 30, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2019
Cannot wait for the next few episodes. MAPPA is doing a great job adapting this. Great episode.

Jan 30, 2022 1:23 PM

Oct 2020
''Oh yes, I'm a professional critic.'' ''Oh yes, I understand the technicalities that you don't.'' ''Oh yes, because of my rooster of 527385623 watched anime, I now have an eye that discerns all imperfections.''

No no no, my little doomers. That's not what it is. What it is, is you thought yourself mature, when in reality, all you are is sticklers. Boring party poopers that rate their anime by pulling out a sheet and subtracting points from the ep as it goes on, thinking that is somehow the reality of the situation.

Did this episode have problems? Absolutely.

What you fail to understand is the episode is still a 10 with all those imperfections.
Jan 30, 2022 1:26 PM
Jan 2021
Emanon30 said:
Zprotu said:

because animation isn't all there is to an anime episode
thought this was obvious

Right. The uninspired soundtrack, which plays "Ashes on the Fire" 9 times out of 10, is also very important, of course.

"Animation isn't all there is to an anime" is such a funny phrase. Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".
speaking of manga yes the Quality of a drawing isn’t everything about manga it’s definitely a plus if the art is amazing but it’s more abt the writing and story then anything
Jan 30, 2022 1:27 PM

Jul 2017
I_Am_Freeballing said:
''Oh yes, I'm a professional critic.'' ''Oh yes, I understand the technicalities that you don't.'' ''Oh yes, because of my rooster of 527385623 watched anime, I now have an eye that discerns all imperfections.''

No no no, my little doomers. That's not what it is. What it is, is you thought yourself mature, when in reality, all you are is sticklers. Boring party poopers that rate their anime by pulling out a sheet and subtracting points from the ep as it goes on, thinking that is somehow the reality of the situation.

What you fail to understand is the episode is still a 10 with all those imperfections.

Are you a farmer or why all the straw men?
Jan 30, 2022 1:27 PM

Jun 2017
Ah yes, the famous Eren reverse uno, it was glorious.
Jan 30, 2022 1:32 PM
Sep 2019
Knowing what happens next, I am so happy the way Mappa is adapting it. Absolutely amazing episode

Get ready for the next week, personally my favourite part of the whole story
Jan 30, 2022 1:34 PM

Jul 2017
gurrensworld said:
Emanon30 said:

speaking of manga yes the Quality of a drawing isn’t everything about manga it’s definitely a plus if the art is amazing but it’s more abt the writing and story then anything

I think the most important thing is to clarify "movement". I mean not only visual movement, which is made clear, for example, by speed lines, but also emotional movement.
A mangaka could have simply published his story in novel form. But he chooses a manga. Why? I think to convey movement. Because he is convinced that the emotions of the characters can only be conveyed through pictures.
Jan 30, 2022 1:37 PM
Jan 2021
I love how eren grew into his current self gradually but somehow inevitably, he was never pushed or forced to be or do something, his circumstances, his life sent him on the road to be the person that he is, something that zeke couldn't understand, while zeke was the one brainwashed and manipulated by his own convoluted relationship with his father and his own insecurities and shortcomings, cause while zeke is blinded by his own theories created by his trauma, incapable of breaking away from his self-loathing cycle, eren stays true to his nature and to his convictions that gets magnified by his growing strength, eren was always meant to be exactly who he is now, and i think that is such a magnificent character building cause it never once felt forced or Unbelievable, it was a steady buildup that somehow is the only logical conclusion to the journey
Dec 2012
The episode was okay, soundtrack choices were abysmal though

Oct 2020
Emanon30 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Just rate the season a 1, be more honest that way. 6 is too high for you. All your attempt at a clap back did was further cement your pretentiousness.

May 2016
That last part made my eyes teary, Grisha voice acting was superb 5/5

FMmatron said:
I honestly wishey I could've went into this episode blind. I kinda did, since my memories from the chapter are anything but fresh, yet the wow and wtf effect surely would've been insane if I didn't know what to expect.

Damn great episode.
Lmao my sister reactions were hilarious man, I kinda envy her for that.
Jan 30, 2022 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
Not the development I expected, but it's a good surprise.
Those episodes are way too short tho lol. Should've waited for it to finish airing...
Jan 30, 2022 1:39 PM

Aug 2019
WIIXAnd said:
xenosys said:

There's more still to come.

So how everyone is already considering that the peak already happened, or they mean just the start of it?

The last couple of episodes have been the start of it.
xenosysJan 30, 2022 1:51 PM

Jul 2011
Eren halfway "Im the guide now, for this memory lane trip."

Zeke surprise faces have equal force as surprised Pikachu.
Sep 2012
Kinda weird plot hole in this episode, unless it'll be cleared out later.

Grisha wants to stop Eren after killing Founder, but after that he transforms young Eren into a titan so that Grisha can get eaten by him.

Apr 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:

How about you accept the constructive criticism and take off your fanboy glasses for a minute. Trying to sound intellectual while whining like a grown baby.
Jan 30, 2022 1:40 PM
Dec 2012
Seitaro11 said:
Kinda weird plot hole in this episode, unless it'll be cleared out later.

Grisha wants to stop Eren after killing Founder, but after that he transforms young Eren into a titan so that Grisha can get eaten by him.

lol good point, afaik Eren can't control Grisha, only talk to him
Jan 30, 2022 1:41 PM

Sep 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

How about you accept the constructive criticism and take off your fanboy glasses for a minute. Trying to sound intellectual while whining like a grown baby.

he's kinda right about the fact that people have been actively looking for things done in a poor way ever since the studio change happened, and it's getting really annoying now
Jan 30, 2022 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Emanon30 said:

Just rate the season a 1, be more honest that way. 6 is too high for you. All your attempt at a clap back did was further cement your pretentiousness.

Nah, 6 is good enough.

It seems like some people are inherently incapable of understanding that it's possible to like a series, even giving it a 10/10, and still write a long ass essay about its problems!

Your ad hominem assumptions (sticklers, boring party poopers) are a very childish overraction.
Apr 2021
Shit was downright incredible. The art was a little weird at times in terms of faces but it just added to the horror of what Grisha was going through.

Also, holy shit Eren

May 2017
who ever animated grishas freak-out scene at the end, you made this episode for me!

the adaptation is quite flat most of the time, character art is off frequently, but they do sneak in some good cuts in every once in a while.

Story wise, obviously this is goated, and the soundtrack is also very nice.

hyped for future episodes.
Jan 30, 2022 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
Zprotu said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

he's kinda right about the fact that people have been actively looking for things done in a poor way ever since the studio change happened, and it's getting really annoying now
Not even WIT's adaptation was perfect, why are y'all complaining about people having valid criticism. Dear lord grow up. This guy rates the manga and anime 10s and whines if people docks points for valid reasons.
Jan 30, 2022 1:44 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

Not really. Most of us are really looking forward to Mappa's Chainsaw Man adaption.
Jan 30, 2022 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
Wait, was that butterfly (when baby Eren was trying to catch it) the same one in the final frame of the opening theme? Wow.

Great episode. I definitely didn't expect something like this.

~and those facial expressions and hand gestures were a beautiful thing to see. Reminded me of Death Note a bit.

Oct 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Why I have nothing against constructive criticism, I just don't see any. Where is my constructive criticism where a person actually tries to point out the bad stuff and not sound like they're gleefully hating on the product? I'll take it when I see it.

Jan 2018
I loved the episode as usual since it never fails to disappoint me! Even though I have already read the manga this episode still managed to give me a lot of goosebumps!
One thing is that this episode made it so emotional with the voice acting and soundtrack in the background which was an absolute masterpiece!

Honestly this was an amazing and perfect episode and I am looking forward to next weeks episode as usual! This is definitely a 5/5 episode per usual!

Jan 30, 2022 1:49 PM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
That last part made my eyes teary, Grisha voice acting was superb 5/5

FMmatron said:
I honestly wishey I could've went into this episode blind. I kinda did, since my memories from the chapter are anything but fresh, yet the wow and wtf effect surely would've been insane if I didn't know what to expect.

Damn great episode.
Lmao my sister reactions were hilarious man, I kinda envy her for that.

Nice haha. I'm gonna binge the season with a group of friends in a few weeks. Most of them are anime onlys, so that's gonna be interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2022 1:49 PM

Oct 2020
Best episode this season by far, MAPPA did a great job capturing the emotions of the characters. Great plot twist as well! Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 30, 2022 1:50 PM

Jul 2017
I_Am_Freeballing said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

Why I have nothing against constructive criticism, I just don't see any. Where is my constructive criticism where a person actually tries to point out the bad stuff and not sound like they're gleefully hating on the product? I'll take it when I see it.

Gleefully hating? Jesus, what a drama queen.
If a 6/10 is hate I don't want to see your childish overreactions over people's 4/10s.
Jan 30, 2022 1:50 PM
Sep 2013
The good thing about Mappa redrawing the chapter 1 scenes, is that they didnt fucked up the most important part like WIT did, but hey, keep praising WIT, there's still a BIGGER mistake to see, and that one will affect only to anime viewers thanks to WIT and their crappy adaptation

Haythemdbara said:
just a humble question why was grisha clearly looking at the old eren while addressing to the younger one in this scene? i checked the original scene from the first episode but grisha's face didn't even show

It is shown, as a mistake, for just 1 second, Grisha looks to kid Eren on WIT adaptation, then the scene of the key appears

256kJan 30, 2022 1:59 PM
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Jan 30, 2022 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
What a performance by Hiroshi Tsuchida as Grisha. I have always enjoyed his voice ever since first season, but this episode takes the whole prize.

As for the episode, it went by in 5 minutes. There's no fuycking way I watched a 20 minute episode. What an intense atmosphere. Sure, the animation could've been better, but the Rumbling is coming soon. They must save all the budget for that.

I have never enjoyed the time travel tidbits, but reddit is there for you if you don't understand this stuff like me. This was a cliffhanger I didn't expect. Next episode cliffhanger will be really annoying, if I'm correct.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 30, 2022 1:54 PM

Oct 2020
Emanon30 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Gleefully hating? Jesus, what a drama queen.
If a 6/10 is hate I don't want to see your childish overreactions over people's 4/10s.

It's coming in here acting surprised people like it and acting like your more critical opinion is somehow more grounded. 6 is perfectly fine, your reasons for 6 aren't.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.