Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
Zprotu said:
SiGow said:
sheesh, animation took a nose dive from previous episode. Everyone in this forum is sucking Mappa's dick.
Guys we have to criticize without any biasing. Mappa did an ok job, but i'm fucking pissed off by there ost selection. why can't they play the original 0sk instead of the one we got in this episode. Before anyone come at me, please listen to 0sk of S3P2 and compare it to the one we got in this episode, it's a downgrade. Someone please fire Yamamoto, he is just bastardizing Sawano's tracks at this point.
For those who come at me with "be grateful that AOT get this adaptation" or "I prefer Mappa's look over Wit", stop being delusional. Mappa is not making any effort to improve upon the source material, they just wanna get this over with. At least that's the feeling I'm getting from this adaptation.

there has been no character animation like the one we've gotten in this episode so I'm not sure where your eyes have gone too

we also got a cut by a famous character animator (Takahashi) for grisha's breakdown scene and that looked even more fluid then the best of JJK, confirmed that you're blind af

also tfw you realize that the one in charge for mixing the OST's is the same guy from the previous 3 seasons

and the fact that most of the OSTs used in this episode were sawano's proves you don't have ears either
Bruh if you’re talking to denials it wont get you anywhere so dont waste your time on kids . Peace out
Jan 30, 2022 11:20 AM

Jun 2020
i wish i didn't know how it ends
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 30, 2022 11:23 AM
Oct 2015
deg said:
kinda overdramatic faces makes it kinda cartoony rather than serious

but overall good enough but they skipped the titan fights this time and the animation barely move with some off-model drawings

This was this part 2 Declaration of war, a mediocre episode animation wise.( except that Grisha last bit that was pretty good)

But killing it in all other areas and still being of the best in the series in general ( my personal favorite perhaps)

And thats becuase animation is not nearly the most pimportant aspect, just like having a bigger budget for special effects doesnt make Season 8 of GOT better than S4 when everything else is kinda shit.
Jan 30, 2022 11:26 AM
Nov 2019
If nobody told me that Death Note's character animator is working on this episode, I would have still noticed how similar the character animation and the facial expressions are to Death Note. My god, this part was really done justice, and I am so looking forward to the next episode which is going to be another 5/5 too.
Jan 30, 2022 11:28 AM

Dec 2020
PEAK episode, really liked the direction, eren looked soo good in this ep. Well ofc they skipped some panels but it was acceptable. Mappa nailed the facial expressions which they couldn't really do in first part.

Also grisha va woke up and choose to do one of the best voice acting in anime.
I really loved grisha Character in this ep, he is such a great Character.
Next week's episode will also be a Banger like this one
HeadpattsJan 30, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 30, 2022 11:29 AM
Oct 2020
MyPaths9 said:
Peak attack on Titan but why the baby Eren ugly ?
No lie, baby Eren in the anime is a lot cuter than what he looked like in the manga lmao
Jan 30, 2022 11:32 AM

Jun 2021
just a humble question why was grisha clearly looking at the old eren while addressing to the younger one in this scene? i checked the original scene from the first episode but grisha's face didn't even show

skywattJan 30, 2022 12:17 PM
“this world is merciless, and it’s also very beautiful”
Jan 30, 2022 11:35 AM

Sep 2020
Haythemdbara said:
just a humble question why was grisha clearly looking at the old eren while addressing to the younger one in this scene? i checked the original scene from the first episode but grisha's face didn't even show

He was looking at himself through older Eren's eyes, the Attack titan's power.
In the manga, this was more clear in the first-ever chapter, and Grisha's eyes were scratched out but he was looking in the same direction where older Eren would have been standing. Unfortunately, this was not adapted in the anime for the first episode which is why you're confused here.
Jan 30, 2022 11:36 AM

Nov 2020
What a revelation! Music and ambientation was on point, very important and magnificent episode!
-Hyunckel-Jan 30, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 30, 2022 11:37 AM

Sep 2016
Haythemdbara said:

Check the first chapter or the post by @KneelBeforeMe on the first page of this discussion
Jan 30, 2022 11:40 AM

Dec 2020
Haythemdbara said:

he was looking in the direction of eren but he couldn't really see him at the moment. But he has a terrified look, cause he was going to kill the Reiss family.

Also in the manga grisha was looking away from the direction of eren. It is slightly changed in the anime.
Jan 30, 2022 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
Zeke said he could get along with Frieda while Eren only had his Rage and Hatred build up while hearing her talk. Crazy how much influence Eren had over his father through the Future memories.

Zeke was wrong to believe he was worth nothing to Grisha and was proven so this episode.
It didn't use much time but it was quite a beautiful scene.

This story started with the title "To You, 2000 Years in the Future: The Fall of Zhiganshina" it was a long gap but with the next episode called "From you, 2000 years ago" it's closing.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 30, 2022 11:42 AM
Jul 2021
It's been a while since I read the manga and with this episode I realized I don't remember a thing lol so I was really shocked!
GREAT episode GREAT anime.
Jan 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Jan 2020
I did not expect that the wielders of the Attack Titan would be able to see the future.
Eren's a monster.
Jan 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2021
💯/10

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BANGER!!!
Feel free to DM me on discord //
Pop#8675
Jan 30, 2022 11:50 AM
Nov 2021
Grisha finally showing affection to Zeke and Eren pulling the Uno reverse card.
Jan 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Loved the facial expressions. Hayashi and MAPPA staff reallly outdid themselves this time, it was really ambitious to animate this from scratch. Masaru Kitao from Death Note did a great job as well, you can see how intense the facial expressions are.

Grisha's VA goated once again, I swear this man's range is unbelievable. Can't wait for 122 to be adapted as well, I am overall very satisfied with how they adapted 121, seeing as it is my fave chapter of all.
Jan 30, 2022 11:52 AM

Aug 2021
Episode 4 Review:
FOOOKING SPEECHLESS !! EREN i loved you before this episode but imma start worshiping you from now dont mind me..

Time travelling Conscience power attack titan wtf salute to author , you are a legend!

could have used better OSTs but thats mappa being mappa ig

eren so badass and villainous ..
best written character in all fiction idc if you disagree
what a character development oooff

zeke got rekt so hard i got a emotional boner i think

Hope this quality keeps up till the end..
DARKGAMERA signing out..
meet you all after attack on titan ends
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 30, 2022 11:52 AM

Mar 2021
HOLy FFFFUCK, Eren's freedom train can't even be stopped BY TIME ITSELF GOD FUCKING DAMN.

Eren is a fucking MENACE.

Give Grisha some rest for once!! Poor guy just keeps suffering more anytime he appears on screen. The depth of his character is insane.

Zeke too. I love that moment he had with Grisha near the end.

"Zeke please, STOP EREN!" UHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK GRISHA WHAT DID YOU SEE IN THE FUTURE?????
OdabraniJan 30, 2022 4:49 PM

Jan 30, 2022 11:54 AM
May 2018
I get two kinds of goosebumps while watching something great. One gives momentary chills with my hair standing straight for a small intervals and absolute masterpieces where I get constant chills, shivers, intense sweating and drenched shirts. Today, I got both... Need to change my shirt lol.
Jan 30, 2022 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
THE GOOSEBUMPSSSS
Jan 30, 2022 11:56 AM

Apr 2021
What an amazing episode
I loved everything about this episode MAPPA really did an amazing job.
The art style was amazing as always.
The sound choice was also amazing.
When Grisha hugs Zeke and says he loves him made me tear up.
So far it's my episode this season it just keeps getting better and better.
The episode kept giving me goosebumps while i was watching it
Jan 30, 2022 11:57 AM

Feb 2020
It was amazing, gave me chills, i rewatched it like 5 times and still it feels incredible.
Similiar to Declaration of War, without an action scene, but even better.
10/10 episode for me.
If you win, you live, if you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win.
Jan 30, 2022 11:58 AM

Jan 2021
Peak Fiction, The reveal of the Attack Titan’s ability was so sick Grisha was just doing what Eran told him to do and Zeak realizing everything that’s happening while reuniting with Grisha was amazing
Jan 30, 2022 12:07 PM

Jun 2021
mappa keeps serving. this is by far the best aot episode I have watched visuals and art-wise. the look on Grisha's face when he left the house his breakdown after killing the Reiss family his meeting with Zeke everything is beyond impeccable to me. ost soundtrack and especially the voice acting (of Grisha specifically) on point as usual. just how much better can this season get
skywattJan 30, 2022 12:14 PM
Jan 30, 2022 12:09 PM
Jun 2020
So many things happening in a single episode its so hard to digest :'(
An Amazing Episode 10/10. I m just overflowing with emotions 😭
Jan 30, 2022 12:11 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
I'm a big fan of AoT but i just can't understand how this is considered the "peak" maybe because they didn't adapt the whole chapter?
Jan 30, 2022 12:14 PM

Aug 2019
WIIXAnd said:
I'm a big fan of AoT but i just can't understand how this is considered the "peak" maybe because they didn't adapt the whole chapter?

There's more still to come.
Jan 30, 2022 12:15 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Eren Jaeger Supremacy. Literally just the best. I can feel steam coming out of my ears I'm that excited rn

Jan 30, 2022 12:16 PM
Feb 2021
Incredible. I shed tears. Powerful episode.
Jan 30, 2022 12:19 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
xenosys said:
WIIXAnd said:

So how everyone is already considering that the peak already happened, or they mean just the start of it?
Jan 30, 2022 12:20 PM

Jun 2021
Zprotu said:
Haythemdbara said:

He was looking at himself through older Eren's eyes, the Attack titan's power.
In the manga, this was more clear in the first-ever chapter, and Grisha's eyes were scratched out but he was looking in the same direction where older Eren would have been standing. Unfortunately, this was not adapted in the anime for the first episode which is why you're confused here.

I get it thank you for explaining. i read the manga but I don't seem to remember this detail or maybe I just didn't pay much attention. it does make so much sense now
Jan 30, 2022 12:25 PM
Oct 2015
WIIXAnd said:
xenosys said:

So how everyone is already considering that the peak already happened, or they mean just the start of it?

Not sure about other people but for ME its like this

from ep 1 to 58 of the anime, we have got the story inside the walls only, and the goal of reaching the basement, the basement was sooo teased and for such a long time too that when finally we get to it, and find out the crazy shit Marley we got ok things got big, AND THEN krueger drops the bombshell that Eren might be sending his memories from the future, remember that whole to save mikasa and army bit at the end of ep 58.

So now at ep 79 we finally see the pay off of that set up and also find out the set up goes to the very beginning of the story, it recontextualizes EVERYTHING we have seen before, rewatching the series after this ep its even more different than when the Basement was revealed.

At least for me, that is why is the peak of AOT for me.
Jan 30, 2022 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
What's up with all the praise? Am I the only one who is not impressed by the terrible staging, blocking and shot composition? In this regard Part 2 is even worse than Part 1!
Jan 30, 2022 12:31 PM

Sep 2020
Emanon30 said:
What's up with all the praise? Am I the only one who is not impressed by the terrible staging, blocking and shot composition? In this regard Part 2 is even worse than Part 1!

because animation isn't all there is to an anime episode
thought this was obvious
Jan 30, 2022 12:32 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I can see why people say Eren is an antagonist. Our MC was already a pure murderer from the very early age and justify as doing the right thing. And now he's just reverting back to that mindset connecting the present and past through his ability to make sure his dad follow through with the timeline.

Funny how Zeke wasn't able to see this and he was wrong the entire time.
Jan 30, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
Yeatu said:
omfg i was not ready for this amount of emotions! I was aware that Eren and Zeke would be able to see the past, but I totally wasn't expecting such an in depht analysis of Grisha. Also Eren was so scary lol.
I'm literally constantly torn between "oh yeah he knows what he's doing" and "jesus is he really the bad guy?".

saaaaaaaaaaaaame
Jan 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
Emanon30 said:

thought this was obvious

Right. The uninspired soundtrack, which plays "Ashes on the Fire" 9 times out of 10, is also very important, of course.

"Animation isn't all there is to an anime" is such a funny phrase. Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".
Jan 30, 2022 12:39 PM

Sep 2020
Emanon30 said:
Zprotu said:

thought this was obvious

Right. The uninspired soundtrack, which plays "Ashes on the Fire" 9 times out of 10, is also very important, of course.

"Animation isn't all there is to an anime" is such a funny phrase. Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".

I can't tell if you're trolling or not but the soundtrack was one of the best aspects of this episode, with new sawano remixes and banging yamamoto osts

And ashes on the fire has only been used 7 or 8 times in 20 episodes

Back to the topic of animation, I disagree with your initial opinion. You might want to watch in high quality before giving one in the first place. There has to be a reason why everyone is enjoying the presentation of this episode and you're not.
Jan 30, 2022 12:39 PM
Dec 2019
I didn't expect Eren to regain control so quickly. I can't believe that it was actually Eren that forced Grisha to kill the royal family. Seriously what is Eren's plan, it seems like he's gone insane or maybe he's been like that from the beginning but I've never noticed until the final season.
Jan 30, 2022 12:41 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
MAQS said:
WIIXAnd said:

Not sure about other people but for ME its like this

from ep 1 to 58 of the anime, we have got the story inside the walls only, and the goal of reaching the basement, the basement was sooo teased and for such a long time too that when finally we get to it, and find out the crazy shit Marley we got ok things got big, AND THEN krueger drops the bombshell that Eren might be sending his memories from the future, remember that whole to save mikasa and army bit at the end of ep 58.

So now at ep 79 we finally see the pay off of that set up and also find out the set up goes to the very beginning of the story, it recontextualizes EVERYTHING we have seen before, rewatching the series after this ep its even more different than when the Basement was revealed.

At least for me, that is why is the peak of AOT for me.

You are right, thanks for clarifying!
Jan 30, 2022 12:42 PM

Feb 2021
I really don't like this whole final season, but I must admit that this episode was amazing.
Right in the feels, especially that Grisha-Zeke moment.

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jan 30, 2022 12:42 PM
Apr 2018
what the actual fuck
My taste > Everyone's taste > Okeanix's taste
Jan 30, 2022 12:43 PM
Nov 2020
THIS IS FKN PEAK ANIME. Ayo fr tho this ep blew my mind this story is insane man.
Another 10/10 ez
Jan 30, 2022 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
Emanon30 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not but the soundtrack was one of the best aspects of this episode, with new sawano remixes and banging yamamoto osts

And ashes on the fire has only been used 7 or 8 times in 20 episodes

Back to the topic of animation, I disagree with your initial opinion. You might want to watch in high quality before giving one in the first place. There has to be a reason why everyone is enjoying the presentation of this episode and you're not.

Nope I'm not trolling. Watched in High Quality already. Thanks to torrenting.

Most of them probably don't understand my technical problems with the staging at all and have other, significantly lower standards for their films and series. If you're not even in your twenties and think that works like Death Note are the pinnacle of art, then you may see things differently.
Jan 30, 2022 12:54 PM
Feb 2020
Can't say anything other than it's a masterpiece,
It really shows how it's a story about 3 Yeager boys changing the world, I love all 3 of them but eren is just so very savage,
Like remember when he was getting kidnapped every season and others were saving him, well now everyone else needs savin from my boi eren, m really glad that I changed my favourite from levi to eren

Goddamn it why the fuck every ep ends in a blip, can't the make it longer
Jan 30, 2022 12:57 PM

Feb 2021
What an episode!!!
My favorite part is how they animated Grisha having a breakdown from Eren's orders lol

This episode went by so quick though, it felt like this whole episode is a plot twist so huge that it needed an episode on its own
Watched it twice and I realised how the faces are actually really really similar to the manga! Loved it! Felt a little off for some shots of Eren's face and his dad.
Can't wait for the next episode!

Oct 2020
It was nice to see Grisha and Zeke have at least one last father and son moment.
I don't know why, but the further the story goes, the more my opinion on Zeke changes...I hope he still doesn't plan the whole euthanesia plan :/
Feb 2020
Emanon30 said:
Zprotu said:

thought this was obvious

Look Buddy u should just stop arguing with these kinda idiots, they don't have enough thought process to understand these kinda things, your just making in vein efforts
Jan 30, 2022 12:58 PM

Sep 2016
Emanon30 said:

Sounds just as funny as "drawing isn't everything about a manga".

Funny you say that with the AoT manga in your favourites. It objectively has a pretty bad art style with inconsistent character design throughout the whole manga.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

282 by DeepBlue42 »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.