Forum Settings
Forums

The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2021 7:07 AM

Oct 2019
It's great CE is getting closed, if it's going to help in better moderation of other boards and the threads here were getting increasingly repetitive and biased with little proper discussions, as I have seen. Glad I stopped posting here a long time ago and I am not going to miss it either.

Aug 2, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2020
Kosmonaut said:
GhostOutOfShell_ said:

CD is not what it used to be, with rule 7 CD is no longer CD, there is no discussion happening there is more like casual chit-chat and pointless listing.
I do think most CE regulars won't just disappear, they'll just move over to CD. Then, in turn, CD will be more trouble than it's supposedly worth. Still, I don't think this is a matter of difficulty of moderation, but rather of investor money.

A lot of CE regulars where CD regulars and move after rule 7 was introduced, other just stopped using forums much like me, ones that already moved from CD won't come back to it imo, CD rules where more enforced than CE in pass few year anyways. Then again new people who came after 2018 might trash CD for a while since they haven't been through that yet.

It's not difficulty of moderation, there are easy methods to control problems that mods talk about, no one gonna use them here though.
"My la fleur planting haunted gardens
Where the scars are formed
Pluck my heart like harpsichords
'Til one of ours will wash ashore
Baited breath til sharks'll swarm
Bay of pigs we're art of war
Bayonets I'm marching toward
Lately I've been Lobster Boy" 
                                                  - Sadistik

Aug 2, 2021 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
While I would like to keep up to date with news on MAL, I understand it seems to promote an unfriendly atmosphere (from my browsing it lately). Good call. Hope the MAL team will be able to manage the site better with this move.

I also wonder if accounts were made on this site solely to use the CE boards.

Aug 2, 2021 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
well, i never really cared about CE anyways
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 2, 2021 7:18 AM

Jan 2009
"CD youre next" - All Might

then AD too i guess

not impossible that the decision of being Advertiser Friendly is considered too especially when they use the word Toxic
Aug 2, 2021 7:34 AM

Dec 2016
ehh whatever, I liked this place
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Aug 2, 2021 7:43 AM

Feb 2020
It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them!
Aug 2, 2021 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty content with this news. I didn't really go on there anyway.
Aug 2, 2021 7:57 AM

Nov 2017
im here but im never here

plz @ me
Aug 2, 2021 7:59 AM

Dec 2018
I don't care about CE, although I am somewhat worried about a slippery slope effect but I guess we will talk about it once it arrives
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Aug 2, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2013
seeing that some regular toxic posters on CE will recreate new account even if you permaban them and cause havoc in many threads whenever they come back, adding that to regular toxicity and controversial subjects, and it's easy to see why it's causing so much problem.
I'm not liking the decision but I can understand why it was taken, sure.

The only thing is... Like someone posted above, isn't it just going to transfer the toxicity from these peoples to CD (or others) instead.
Aug 2, 2021 8:16 AM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
there's like five people here and when you read enough you know what they will say before even reading their post

I don't think much of value is lost
Aug 2, 2021 8:36 AM

Sep 2017
Oh no. Where am I gonna watch people cry over their political agendas now
خ
Aug 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Aug 2017
Great news. Despite CE can look interesting, its a very toxic place. In fact, I reported more users in CE than the entire AD and CD combinated. Sometimes I was thinking in blocking somehow this board to avoid typing here. Sometimes is ironic, CE doesn't even look like CE in a strict sense, it was just several left-wing propaganda threads while others neutral or right-wing threads are ignored or they don't even exist. The bias was so obvious at this point.

At least this can help the people who only talk about politics here...so they could watch more anime and read manga/LN/etc. I was invested in politics a lot before and trust me, POLITICS ARE A HUGE WASTE OF TIME. Now, I'm using that time to watch anime and I already watched more than 2020.

Thanks you Luna and everyone.

Phraze said:
While I would like to keep up to date with news on MAL, I understand it seems to promote an unfriendly atmosphere (from my browsing it lately). Good call. Hope the MAL team will be able to manage the site better with this move.

From my experience in CE, I don't see anyone creating accounts to solely use the CE boards but I know several existing accounts solely use the CE boards while their list is empty, don't watch anime for a long time or its private. If they don't use the CE, they type in controversial threads from CD or AD. Generally, these accounts are left-wing. I hope they realized this is an anime site now.

NurguburuAug 2, 2021 9:09 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2016
I completely support decision. CE was a fun 4+ years of my life, all the interactions with Ardanz, Comic_Sans, NiceThings was a lot of fun.
@Bayek
What do you think about this monumental event?

Comic_Sans said:
Good. The next step is to purge all boards not pertaining to anime/manga specific discussions

Hi, it's been awhile since you've been on the fourms.
Nyu-

--
A fitting song for the final.
RuneRemAug 2, 2021 8:57 AM
Aug 2, 2021 9:18 AM

Sep 2015
It was without doubt the shittiest subforum on the site. The same can be said for most other forum sites where there is a "current events" subforum. Hope its deletion doesn't end up affecting other subforums.
can dis sig fit
Aug 2, 2021 9:18 AM

Mar 2019
I agree with @Milzol, we should just ban people who make dumb/false reports.

As for the OP. Honestly, the rules on both CE and CD are unrealistic. They get violated a lot or people skirt the rules because they are too strict. If people followed them to the letter there'd be no discussion here at all.

Internet forums cannot survive without arguing and a certain level of what is being called "toxic."

I get sick of people saying things like "this is an anime forum, not a X forum." The truth is that every hobby has overlapping interests. People are into this hobby for different reasons and I will admit, politics is a big reason why I got into and am still into anime. I find that anime fans have a unique set of social/ideological views and that's the biggest reason why I am here. I still watch anime plenty, but it gets to a point where there simply isn't much to discuss about the hobby itself and it becomes more interesting to talk about why we like or got involved in this hobby.

In my personal experience, true anime discussions happen much more naturally in real life then they do over the internet because in real life you are actually watching anime with people and can discuss it after each episode. In anime series discussion on the other hand, it is very difficult because often times the anime you watched is old and nobody is really talking about it anymore. Anime series discussion is only really good to on when the series in question is new or currently airing. Meanwhile, AD gets dragged down by repetitive topics that don't add much.

So to be frank, politics is the easiest way to build friendships with people on here. Being into anime is not enough because anime fans don't all think the same way. We're not into the same kind of anime and we're not watching for the same reasons. Knowing a person's political beliefs, however, gives you a much better clue to their personality. Its nice to know that liking anime is the default position here, I don't have to ask that question of somebody, but politics is how you actually get to know each person here imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2019
How unfortunate to see such entertainment vanish. It was fun while it lasted.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Aug 2, 2021 10:52 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hardly ever posted in this board, and it seems everyone universally agrees that Casual Events was pretty toxic... eh, rest in piss, I guess.
Aug 2, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
"JST" = "Japan Standard Time"

So the real issue is that the owners don't like the positions of some users and don't want those spread any further

The "toxicity" is not a problem of any specific board, but much rather of specific individuals who over-react. It won't take much longer at this rate until the whole forums will be closed and then, we can just react and talk directly to the other users at best

So anyone have any plans for a Current Events club until then?
Aug 2, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2011
Fario-P said:
Hardly ever posted in this board, and it seems everyone universally agrees that Casual Events was pretty toxic... eh, rest in piss, I guess.

I hope you realize how dangerous that line of thinking is. If you judge the worth of things by what "most people think", then you'd just end up with a lot of harmless things banned because they offend/disgust other people.
Aug 2, 2021 11:36 AM

Feb 2018
Hm, while I understand why, I don't like this decision. The problem rested a lot more on the toxic users and not so much the creation of the board itself. Some of them are already going to CD and AD and the discussions they prompt are not great to be honest. What you're doing is moving the problem to other boards rather than stifling the people who create these problems. So I don't think your workload in moderating MAL is going to decrease.

Also, maybe my point of view is purely anecdotal, but it seems to me that the toxicity actually declined compared to a few years ago, but there's less moderation to stop the trolls/toxic people. The amount of people who legitimately go over the line are few in number. It's understandable that forums moderation is not an easy job, and getting new recruits is tough. So, I can't say hiring new moderators can be the go-to solution. I would say going the route of more severe punishment may be perhaps more appropriate than letting the containment breach reach other boards. MAL is notorious for being more lenient with who to ban than other anime DB like anilist or Kitsu. And people who make new accounts to avoid bans are probably going to be getting tired of being banned, not to mention people who re-attempt to make a new account are even fewer. So it may be a solution for you? Not a foolproof plan, but I think shutting CE down isn't really gonna help at the end of the day.

TL;dr-I can see CE was terrible, so I can't see myself missing it. I respect the decision,sure, but I hope this won't go down a slippery slope because of other boards being affected. Hoping your investors won't shut down the entire forums.
Aug 2, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
deg said:
"CD youre next" - All Might

then AD too i guess

My anime list gonna turn into my forum games
Aug 2, 2021 12:22 PM

Aug 2018
Hmmm I fully support this decision, the current events board just became too political and toxic. It wasn't even fun to contribute yet alone read.
Aug 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
deg said:
lol RIP

but how about anime industry related news that can be controversial? is that not allowed in Anime Discussion and Casual Discussions too?

Also what about game related stuff such as game censorship in the gaming discussion, people do have to know what they're getting into and buying.

Aug 2, 2021 1:12 PM

May 2021
Only posted here once so oh no, anyway.
Aug 2, 2021 1:15 PM

Mar 2021
Ryuk9428 said:
I agree with @Milzol, we should just ban people who make dumb/false reports.

As for the OP. Honestly, the rules on both CE and CD are unrealistic. They get violated a lot or people skirt the rules because they are too strict. If people followed them to the letter there'd be no discussion here at all.

Internet forums cannot survive without arguing and a certain level of what is being called "toxic."

I get sick of people saying things like "this is an anime forum, not a X forum." The truth is that every hobby has overlapping interests. People are into this hobby for different reasons and I will admit, politics is a big reason why I got into and am still into anime. I find that anime fans have a unique set of social/ideological views and that's the biggest reason why I am here. I still watch anime plenty, but it gets to a point where there simply isn't much to discuss about the hobby itself and it becomes more interesting to talk about why we like or got involved in this hobby.

In my personal experience, true anime discussions happen much more naturally in real life then they do over the internet because in real life you are actually watching anime with people and can discuss it after each episode. In anime series discussion on the other hand, it is very difficult because often times the anime you watched is old and nobody is really talking about it anymore. Anime series discussion is only really good to on when the series in question is new or currently airing. Meanwhile, AD gets dragged down by repetitive topics that don't add much.

So to be frank, politics is the easiest way to build friendships with people on here. Being into anime is not enough because anime fans don't all think the same way. We're not into the same kind of anime and we're not watching for the same reasons. Knowing a person's political beliefs, however, gives you a much better clue to their personality. Its nice to know that liking anime is the default position here, I don't have to ask that question of somebody, but politics is how you actually get to know each person here imo.

You’re projecting too much. Any media will have a degree being politicized but CE have a history of going way off tangent than what this site was originally made for. Majority of threads made on CE isn’t even related to anime. This argument stands for both the usual suspect of CE from left and right. The mod gave a fair reason as the active users in CE accounts for less than 1% of the user base which means majority of the site user don’t care enough to engage in the political side of the media. So it’s understandable of why it’s smart to not cater to a highly controversial board with high resource demands but for small user base.
Aug 2, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
Should have happened sooner but better late than never.

Aug 2, 2021 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Hoppy said:
deg said:
lol RIP

but how about anime industry related news that can be controversial? is that not allowed in Anime Discussion and Casual Discussions too?

Also what about game related stuff such as game censorship in the gaming discussion, people do have to know what they're getting into and buying.

i think its fine to post those news on the Games and Tech Support section
Aug 2, 2021 1:31 PM

Oct 2015
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess.

Nurguburu said:
Great news. Despite CE can look interesting, its a very toxic place. In fact, I reported more users in CE than the entire AD and CD combinated. Sometimes I was thinking in blocking somehow this board to avoid typing here. Sometimes is ironic, CE doesn't even look like CE in a strict sense, it was just several left-wing propaganda threads while others neutral or right-wing threads are ignored or they don't even exist. The bias was so obvious at this point.

At least this can help the people who only talk about politics here...so they could watch more anime and read manga/LN/etc. I was invested in politics a lot before and trust me, POLITICS ARE A HUGE WASTE OF TIME. Now, I'm using that time to watch anime and I already watched more than 2020.

Thanks you Luna and everyone.

Phraze said:

From my experience in CE, I don't see anyone creating accounts to solely use the CE boards but I know several existing accounts solely use the CE boards while their list is empty, don't watch anime for a long time or its private. If they don't use the CE, they type in controversial threads from CD or AD. Generally, these accounts are left-wing. I hope they realized this is an anime site now.

Wrong.

This guy created right-wing threads far more than I ever create any left-wing threads here on CE.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=&u=Milzol&uloc=2&loc=6

This guy as well. Though not all of the threads are right-wing for this one.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=&u=Soverign&uloc=2&loc=6

This guy complained about the "liberal leftist woke mob cultural marxists" everytime he create a new threads
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=&u=Kayle_x_Morgana&uloc=2&loc=6

Also this one isn't even limited to CE but also on CD, etc
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=&u=Ryuk9428&uloc=2&loc=-1

and more of them that I can't list all of them. not to mention that some people are just talk shit in the comments such as Timebomb420 etc.

I'm not denying that I'm also guilty of creating bunch of left-wing political threads, but claiming that most threads on CE are created by left-wingers are just simply dishonest. But I guess since you're a right-winger, then what I consider to be right-wing will be "center" for you. and what I consider to be center, you'll think of it as "left-wing". The bias.

Meusnier said:
And when you see that on the first page a single user created more than ten threads, it is not too difficult to see where the problem truly lies: a few users have a political agenda. At this rate, it would be advisable to close CD too since one can expect only more controversial threads being created there, and as someone said above, without even having to use a credible source.
Is this directed against me?

I mean, the reason I seems my threads clutter CE top page was because I can only write stuff here during my spare time. I have 2 jobs so I usually just create threads during the short period of my spare time. If you notice that sometimes I replied very late, it was due to me being at work or deadbeat at home. I mostly just repost what's being posted in the current events channel in the discord server I'm in though. And as for the China topic, I browsed r/sino for the news.
DesolatedAug 2, 2021 1:38 PM
Aug 2, 2021 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
RuneRem said:
I completely support decision. CE was a fun 4+ years of my life, all the interactions with Ardanz, Comic_Sans, NiceThings was a lot of fun.
@Bayek
CE was like Ruth Bader Ginsburg - a corpse that took too long to fully pronounce dead. Alt-right shitposting in 2017 was fun, but the meme magic of Circus Events has been long gone and I can only nod sympathetically to those who still went through the motions till the end.

But props to MAL for breaking the cycle. Better to ban a specific forum for specific reasons than to ban users for arbitrary "guideline violations."
Aug 2, 2021 2:14 PM

Oct 2015
Bayek said:
RuneRem said:
@Bayek
CE was like Ruth Bader Ginsburg - a corpse that took too long to fully pronounce dead. Alt-right shitposting in 2017 was fun, but the meme magic of Circus Events has been long gone and I can only nod sympathetically to those who still went through the motions till the end.

But props to MAL for breaking the cycle. Better to ban a specific forum for specific reasons than to ban users for arbitrary "guideline violations."
So you mean 2017 CE has more right-wing people than now? Oh well glad that I didn't touch CE back then.
Aug 2, 2021 2:23 PM

Dec 2012
Desolated said:
Bayek said:

So you mean 2017 CE has more right-wing people than now? Oh well glad that I didn't touch CE back then.
Yeah, it was literally 1930's Germany here. Every thread on the front page was pro-Hitler just days before Rule 7 was finally dropped like a bomb on Hiroshima.
Aug 2, 2021 2:26 PM

May 2018
Thank god, I've pretty much stopped using the CE board anyway at this point because of how terrible the discussion is.

Good decision on the teams behalf.
SeijatachiiiiAug 2, 2021 2:43 PM
Aug 2, 2021 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Bad for sponsors but a million threads about incest every year in the anime section is fine.
Aug 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Jun 2019
Bayek said:
Desolated said:
Yeah, it was literally 1930's Germany here. Every thread on the front page was pro-Hitler just days before Rule 7 was finally dropped like a bomb on Hiroshima.

Yeah, and you and Nyu probably contributed the most to that pleasant atmosphere. Quite indecent seeing him brag in the above or interact in comments with moderators as if nothing had happened.

Desolated said:
Meusnier said:
And when you see that on the first page a single user created more than ten threads, it is not too difficult to see where the problem truly lies: a few users have a political agenda. At this rate, it would be advisable to close CD too since one can expect only more controversial threads being created there, and as someone said above, without even having to use a credible source.

I mean, the reason I seems my threads clutter CE top page was because I can only write stuff here during my spare time. I have 2 jobs so I usually just create threads during the short period of my spare time. If you notice that sometimes I replied very late, it was due to me being at work or deadbeat at home. I mostly just repost what's being posted in the current events channel in the discord server I'm in though. And as for the China topic, I browsed r/sino for the news.

Well, the set {users who have more than 10 active threads in CE's front page} has only one element.

I do not really understand why you need to bring up your personal life and get defensive about it, but the point is that you said yourself that you were trying to push a "narrative", that is, a biased view of reality and kept using unreliable sources. Man, you defend North Korea, give me a break. Not to mention this magnum opus of CE joke replies:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1940830&show=0#msg63878401
Aug 2, 2021 2:42 PM

Oct 2015
Meusnier said:
Bayek said:

Yeah, and you and Nyu probably contributed the most to that pleasant atmosphere. Quite indecent seeing him brag in the above or interact in comments with moderators as if nothing had happened.

Desolated said:

Well, the set {users who have more than 10 active threads in CE's front page} has only one element.

I do not really understand why you need to bring up your personal life and get defensive about it, but the point is that you said yourself that you were trying to push a "narrative", that is, a biased view of reality and kept using unreliable sources. Man, you defend North Korea, give me a break. Not to mention this magnum opus of CE joke replies:

Wait how do you know about that 2017 MAL if you join in 2019???

Also I defend EVERY already existing socialist countries, or countries which dominant parties are socialist leaning, not just North Korea. Whether it be China, Cuba, Vietnam, Syria, etc.

Also there isn't any rule here not to "push a narrative", as it's proven that everyone else, especially the right-wingers as all those links I posted before has done the same.
Aug 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Jun 2019
Desolated said:
Meusnier said:

Also I defend EVERY already existing socialist countries, or countries which dominant parties are socialist leaning, not just North Korea. Whether it be China, Cuba, Vietnam, Syria, etc.

Also there isn't any rule here not to "push a narrative", as it's proven that everyone else, especially the right-wingers as all those links I posted before has done the same.

I looked up past threads and know a little about the history of the site. Look up threads by Nyu for example.

That just adds to your moral crimes; being a blind defender of any country because it vaguely looks "socialist" only shows a poor understanding of geopolitics.

This is not about the existence of a rule or not for "pushing a narrative", but if you use unreliable sources, you exactly contribute to the clickbait/sensationalist titles and this breaks the basic rule of CE.
Aug 2, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
sad that MAL did not even let me reach 70K post before closing this subforum, i was planning to reduce my activity after reaching that post count anyway lol
Aug 2, 2021 2:59 PM

Oct 2015
Meusnier said:
Desolated said:

I looked up past threads and know a little about the history of the site. Look up threads by Nyu for example.

That just adds to your moral crimes; being a blind defender of any country because it vaguely looks "socialist" only shows a poor understanding of geopolitics.

This is not about the existence of a rule or not for "pushing a narrative", but if you use unreliable sources, you exactly contribute to the clickbait/sensationalist titles and this breaks the basic rule of CE.
How can you determine which source are reliable and which sources aren't in the first place? I think most of the sources I use are reliable. Not to mention that a lot of them are also from American media which should've be not leftism-friendly.

Poor understanding of geopolitics? what? I mean, those countries are in ally with each other?? I think based on the post I said here, everyone would've know that the countries I hated the most are the US and Israel, and that most of the eastern bloc countries are the one that I strongly support, as well as the recently rising left-leaning leaders in South America against the fascist dictators. Hell, Iran is pretty anti-communist but they're against Israel and US so my threads are generally more of pro-Iran because of that.
Aug 2, 2021 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
@Desolated

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

anything news site with high and above on factual reporting is permitted by MAL mods and they use that website always
Aug 2, 2021 3:02 PM

Jun 2019
Desolated said:
Meusnier said:

How can you determine which source are reliable and which sources aren't in the first place? I think most of the sources I use are reliable. Not to mention that a lot of them are also from American media which should've be not leftism-friendly.

Poor understanding of geopolitics? what? I mean, those countries are in ally with each other?? I think based on the post I said here, everyone would've know that the countries I hated the most are the US and Israel, and that most of the eastern bloc countries are the one that I strongly support, as well as the recently rising left-leaning leaders in South America against the fascist dictators. Hell, Iran is pretty anti-communist but they're against Israel and US so my threads are generally more of pro-Iran because of that.

This is the basic source:

Aug 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Oct 2015
deg said:
@Desolated

anything news site with high and above on quality reporting is permitted by MAL mods and they use that website always
Meusnier said:
Desolated said:

This is the basic source:

But has it ever occurred to you that the mediabiasfactcheck website itself is biased? I mean, their left-right bias is literally liberal-conservative one, which I consider both to be right-wing. One can simply just put any website which is run by the socialists as biased there because "waa waa socialism bad no iphone vuvuzela 100 trillion dead", or . I mean, look at media which operates in the already existing socialist countries such as TeleSUR or Globaltimes. They labelled virtually all of them as bad because of "socialist agendas". I'm not gonna be surprised if they gonna label the newly formed Bolivian Kawsachunnews unfairly like that too.
Aug 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
Desolated said:
deg said:
@Desolated

anything news site with high and above on quality reporting is permitted by MAL mods and they use that website always
But has it ever occurred to you that the mediabiasfactcheck website itself is biased? I mean, their left-right bias is literally liberal-conservative one, which I consider both to be right-wing. One can simply just put any website which is run by the socialists as biased there because "waa waa socialism bad no iphone vuvuzela". I mean, look at media which operates in the already existing socialist countries. They labelled virtually all of them as bad because of socialism narrative.

as they say all news media are bias but there are greater and lesser bias news medias

and MAL happens to choose that site as its credibility lookup on news sources
Aug 2, 2021 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
Meusnier said:

I can't take that much credit, though CE was undeniably far livelier & festive in those days. Though even if Rule 7 was lifted and we went back to anything goes, I just can't come back and pretend that ping pong politics is anything more than a trite distraction.
Aug 2, 2021 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
Bayek said:
Meusnier said:

I can't take that much credit, though CE was undeniably far livelier & festive in those days. Though even if Rule 7 was lifted and we went back to anything goes, I just can't come back and pretend that ping pong politics is anything more than a trite distraction.

And have you found better distraction on other websites? Since political discussions in real life are rather... dangerous.
Aug 2, 2021 3:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Narmy said:
Fario-P said:

I hope you realize how dangerous that line of thinking is. If you judge the worth of things by what "most people think", then you'd just end up with a lot of harmless things banned because they offend/disgust other people.
I know, and I usually don't. If I did judge things in that way, then I would rate most of the anime I watch in the same way as everyone else and stick only to the ones that everyone likes (which is obviously boring). But I have seen at least a bit of this board and I've decided not to stick around just based off of the limited time I scrolled through there. I don't blame people for not really liking CE, and I wasn't just saying what I did just because—I've seen a bit of crazy shit around here, too.
Aug 2, 2021 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
Meusnier said:
Bayek said:

And have you found better distraction on other websites? Since political discussions in real life are rather... dangerous.
It's only dangerous for actual dissident thought. I'm sure you'll be fine since you're not actually challenging anything by calling Sean Hannity a bigot.

No, I've moved on from the political scene. I just thought I'd pay homage to CE on its death bed as I still have a certain fondness for the days when it rivaled Forum Games in both engagement & intrigue.
Aug 2, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2020
I knew this was gonna happen, rightfully so.

This place became so toxic and it's good to see it go

Thanks mods!

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Aug 2, 2021 4:46 PM

Jul 2020
Scordolo said:
FINALLY! This board was useless anyway. You'll find any kind of toxicity in the replies.
And ultimately, MyAnimeList is an anime website; it is not a political or news forum.

YES!!

Sad sight to see since I only use CE for sports discussions but that'll probably move to "Music & Entertainment" I guess?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM

» IOC demanded an explanation from Russian TV for homophobic mocking of LGBTQ athletes at the Olympics

RobertBobert - Aug 5, 2021

5 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.