Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Hisone to Maso-tan' Announced

New
Dec 2, 2017 9:52 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
At the Tokyo Comic Con on Sunday, director Shinji Higuchi (Fushigi no Umi no Nadia episode director) announced an original TV anime titled Hisone to Maso-tan. Higuchi stated that the story concept was devised by him, Mari Okada, and studio Bones. The anime is slated for 2018.

Introduction
Straightforward and innocent Hisone Amakasu is a rookie self-defense official. She was struggling with the fact that she sometimes hurts people unintentionally by her innocent words and decided to join in Air Self-Defence, hoping to maintain a certain distance from people. This decision led her to a fateful encounter which profoundly changes her life.

It was the dragon hidden in the base and it chose Hisone as his pilot.
When it soared into the sky with Hisone, her fate as a dragon pilot was decided.
It is said that dragons have a key to the future of the world... (Source: Official site)

Staff
Executive Director: Shinji Higuchi
Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kiznaiver)
Series Composition: Mari Okada (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Original Character Design: Toshinao Aoki (Kimi no Koe wo Todoketai)
Character Design: Yoshiyuki Itou (Space☆Dandy)
Mechanical Design: Shoji Kawamori (Macross)
Monster Concept Design: Shigeto Koyama (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Concept Design: okama (Getsumen To Heiki Mina storyboard)
Military Supervisor: Keigo Koyanagi (Hanasaku Iroha setting)
Art Design: Akihito Hirasawa (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
Art Director: Yuuji Kaneko (Little Witch Academia)
Color Design: Yuuko Kobari (Rolling☆Girls)
Director of Photography: Kouta Sasaki (Un-Go)
3DCG Director: Youta Andou (Noragami OVA)
Editing: Hiroshi Okuda (Tiger & Bunny)
Music: Taisei Iwasakii (Kekkai Sensen)
Sound Director: Haru Yamada (Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji)
Sound Effect: Tooru Noguchi (Made in Abyss)
Studio: Bones

Official site: http://hisomaso.com/
Official Twitter: @hisomaso_anime

Source: Mantan Web

Hisone to Maso-tan on MAL
VindstotDec 3, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2, 2017 9:55 PM

Nov 2011
The plot sounds interesting and this has quite a few noticable names as part of its staff. Interesting.

Hope Bones can deliver this.
Dec 2, 2017 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
The staff is strong af. Holy shit thats a fucking line up. Some of these staff members are veterans and greats in the industry. I cant believe my eyes
moodieDec 2, 2017 10:08 PM
Dec 2, 2017 10:10 PM
Sufferu

Sep 2013
Yo this staff tho // Aight I am interested
Dec 2, 2017 10:18 PM

May 2015
That....is a lot of names...Unfortunately Mari Okada had to be one of them...

Btw, what's a "Military Supervisor"?
Dec 2, 2017 10:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat fucking staff tho

also finally Taisei Iwasaki is doing more OST for anime, fucking love his work for kekkai sensen
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 2, 2017 10:32 PM

Apr 2011
Well, if anything, it will look amazing.

Tarotist said:
Btw, what's a "Military Supervisor"?

Probably an adviser, like how Big Bang Theory has scientists working on them as supervisors.
Dec 2, 2017 10:52 PM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, this staff is amazing I can’t wait for—

“Mari Okada”

Never mind.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Dec 2, 2017 11:02 PM

Mar 2016
Wow, Original Anime, Great Staff, original concept, Military Dragons in Modern World... I will definitely Watch this one.
Dec 2, 2017 11:13 PM

Feb 2016
I don't really care about Okada, I just want more Bones originals.
Dec 2, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
That visual looks so cute. And the staff is great. Even though dragons aren't really my thing, I'm in!
Dec 2, 2017 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
Seems really cute. Looking forward to the PV so we can get even more info. Also, what is wrong with Mari Okada?
Dec 3, 2017 12:12 AM
Jan 2016
Even if this one ended up being mediocre, at least we would get great music from the composer.

Calal-Chan said:
Also, what is wrong with Mari Okada?

She's an experienced writer, but she's not exactly consistent in her script quality. That's probably why some people are apprehensive toward her.
Dec 3, 2017 12:32 AM

Jan 2017
>original anime from bones
>experienced staff
>original concept
I will definitely watch this show.
Dec 3, 2017 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
TheServant said:
Even if this one ended up being mediocre, at least we would get great music from the composer.

Calal-Chan said:
Also, what is wrong with Mari Okada?

She's an experienced writer, but she's not exactly consistent in her script quality. That's probably why some people are apprehensive toward her.

I mean that is a fair point, but most scriptwriters, especially in anime, are not consistently good either.
Dec 3, 2017 12:53 AM
Mar 2010
Okada...can be a hit or miss. I'll also wait to see more characters before I decide whether to watch this.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 3, 2017 1:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That sounds... weird but it's a pretty solid staff lineup at least so might be worth giving a shot
Dec 3, 2017 1:42 AM

Dec 2015
Those names! o_O Then this name...

I wasn't expecteing Higuchi to come up suddenly with an animated work after so mqny years dedicated mainly to live cinema.
Are yiu sure it's wise to refer to Higuchi as a director for some Nadia episodes when they are the infamous ones? XD
Dec 3, 2017 1:56 AM
Jan 2016
Calal-Chan said:
I mean that is a fair point, but most scriptwriters, especially in anime, are not consistently good either.

If you know her works, you know that she's more hit or miss than the others. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad.
Dec 3, 2017 1:58 AM

Apr 2016
Don't know shit about staff or names in it, but its original anime so it's insta PTW.
Dec 3, 2017 2:52 AM

Apr 2017
>Melodrama
>Bones

Is it really.. meant to be good?

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 3, 2017 3:00 AM

Jul 2010
Original anime are always welcome, looks interesting.
Dec 3, 2017 4:09 AM

Jun 2014
Holy fucking shit that staff. Sign me the fuck up. Kiznaiver's director, this makes me very excited because that show was visually impeccable. The other staff members are also impressive and to top it off it's being made at my favorite studio at BONES. Fuck off, Okada has made a bunch of great stuff over the years and she is a very talented writer, please don't watch this if you don't like her or whatever.
alpha_shadowDec 3, 2017 4:13 AM
:3
Dec 3, 2017 4:22 AM

May 2015
Looks promising. Also, typical Okada hate I see. smh

Dec 3, 2017 4:53 AM
Aug 2016
Holy shit!! are they really going to let that fucker Tochino or whatever the fuck his name was screw up the character designs again? he did an awful job in that recent Madhouse movie that it made my shitty drawings look a little bit less shitty.

Edit: I don't usally like original anime. but when I do, its more often by Mari Okada. Hope she has good script for this anime cuz I'm gonna watch it anyway.
ClickBaitBusterDec 3, 2017 5:11 AM
Dec 3, 2017 5:03 AM

Sep 2011
My opinion of mari okada improved massively from iron blooded orphans 2nd season where she caught me off guard with some seriously ballsy and unconventional moves in its final act so this doesnt turn me off as much as it did before. Still cautious, but i have found when mari okada actually gives a shit she can be pretty good, but i wont deny she has a long list of fuck ups on her resume.

I'm cautiously looking foreword to it. Though i dont know how excited i am anyway for how to train your dragon military edition

Calal-Chan said:
Seems really cute. Looking forward to the PV so we can get even more info. Also, what is wrong with Mari Okada?
when she sucks she really sucks. When shes at her worst or even sometimes her middle her stories tend to have overblown melodrama and irrational characters that exsist just to add unnecessary drama. That is typically for her slice of life works but her action works are the real mixed bag cause shes responsible for certain things like ruining darker than black with the 2nd season.

She honestly has way more fails than hits. And its not even a taste sort of deal where shes only for certain people, shes had genuine failures no matter how you look at it like mayoiga
JizzyHitlerDec 3, 2017 5:25 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2017 7:59 AM

Aug 2012
Mari Okada? how she have another proyect since the mayoiga fail?
Dec 3, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
HOLY SHIT, this staff is actually pretty solid! :o This looks like it has potential to be really damn neat to be fairly honest.

Mario_Isla said:
Mari Okada? how she have another proyect since the mayoiga fail?

>Kiznaiver
>Iron Blood Orphans

She still worked with that along with few other projects.

Also as much as I dislike Mayoiga, from what I got it was supposed to be intentional to be that way, which I can kind of get that.
Dec 3, 2017 1:00 PM

Nov 2015
Looks like a kids show but atleast it's not edgy.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 3, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2016
JizzyHitler said:
shes had genuine failures no matter how you look at it like mayoiga

except that no sense show all of her works i have watched were good
Dec 3, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
My opinion of mari okada improved massively from iron blooded orphans 2nd season where she caught me off guard with some seriously ballsy and unconventional moves in its final act so this doesnt turn me off as much as it did before. Still cautious, but i have found when mari okada actually gives a shit she can be pretty good, but i wont deny she has a long list of fuck ups on her resume.

I'm cautiously looking foreword to it. Though i dont know how excited i am anyway for how to train your dragon military edition

Calal-Chan said:
when she sucks she really sucks. When shes at her worst or even sometimes her middle her stories tend to have overblown melodrama and irrational characters that exsist just to add unnecessary drama. That is typically for her slice of life works but her action works are the real mixed bag cause shes responsible for certain things like ruining darker than black with the 2nd season.

She honestly has way more fails than hits. And its not even a taste sort of deal where shes only for certain people, shes had genuine failures no matter how you look at it like mayoiga

Yeah, I can understand where people are on her, two of my favorite series she was the Series Composition so honestly, I am not too worried.

Anyway still looking forward to this. I really hope the PV keeps the same cute style as what it looks right now.
Dec 3, 2017 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
anemonespotte said:
JizzyHitler said:
shes had genuine failures no matter how you look at it like mayoiga

Really?

The deen fate/stay night, Cannan, M3, fractale, shes got alot of duds under her belt

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2017 7:30 PM

Sep 2010
JizzyHitler said:
anemonespotte said:

Really?

The deen fate/stay night, Cannan, M3, fractale, shes got alot of duds under her belt

Do not forget about the shit fest known as Kuroshitsuji II. And like 95% of the first season was filler. I'm kinda glad she didn't work on Book of Murder,Book of the Atlantic, and Book of Circus.

Less than half her works are actually good
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 4, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
anemonespotte said:

Really?

And for me I say Kiznaiver is another show that has a hit imo for her. The problem I can kind of get is the story, which feels a bit more eh to be fair. The rest including the characters are what drove the series of course. There's other few series she has worked on which were pretty neat.

Overall she ain't that bad, especially given after the one interview I read about her which to be honest it was pretty interesting.
Dec 4, 2017 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Wasshio said:
JizzyHitler said:
Really?

And for me I say Kiznaiver is another show that has a hit imo for her. The problem I can kind of get is the story, which feels a bit more eh to be fair. The rest including the characters are what drove the series of course. There's other few series she has worked on which were pretty neat.

Overall she ain't that bad, especially given after the one interview I read about her which to be honest it was pretty interesting.
you mean the interview where her life basically sounds like the most melodramtic show in exsistence where mother tried to kill her with a knife and she was bullied out of shcool but only made it through cause her writing ability was reverred by alot of teachers so they helped her along through it.

shit makes so much sense reading that interview

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 4, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Wasshio said:

you mean the interview where her life basically sounds like the most melodramtic show in exsistence where mother tried to kill her with a knife and she was bullied out of shcool but only made it through cause her writing ability was reverred by alot of teachers so they helped her along through it.

shit makes so much sense reading that interview

I mean when you think about it it makes sense, still interesting to read though.

There are people that get into that type of stuff because of that, which isn't a bad thing per say tbh. In other words people might have shit lives but would have something that can make them move forward. So to speak.

More topics from this board

» Original TV Anime 'Prinsession Orchestra' Announced for 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 6/7]

Snow - Apr 5

5 by Hiryu12 »»
9 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Unveils Additional Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by ST63LTH »»
10 hours ago

» Orange, Qubic Pictures Produce 'Leviathan' Anime for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jun 6

16 by CactusWren »»
Yesterday, 2:58 PM

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets Second Anime Season

DatRandomDude - Jun 13

21 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.