Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.' Begins Final Chapter in September

New
Aug 17, 2017 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
Publishing label Gagaga Bunko announced on Friday that it will release the 12th light novel volume of romance comedy series Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. on September 20, 2017. The previous volume in the series (pictured) was released more than two years ago.

Synopsis
That answer should be put into words. Even if you know that you will regret that choice. Yukino, Yui, and Hachiman make a commitment to confirm each other's feelings and take a new step forward. What are the answers that each has chosen for the others and for themselves?

Wataru Watari began writing the series, also known by its short name Oregairu, in 2011 with illustrations by Ponkan 8. The latest release marks the beginning of the final chapter in the series, which has sold a cumulative 6 million copies in Japan. Oregairu ranked first in the annual "Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!" (This Light Novel is Amazing!) poll of readers and industry insiders for three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016.

Oregairu was adapted into two television anime series in 2013 and 2015. North American publisher Yen Press began releasing the light novels in English in 2016 under the title My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected.

Source: Mantan Web
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Nov 2015
Whoa... whoa...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Typical, 90% of manga or LN i start reading always end before i catch up, on vol 9 now

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 17, 2017 8:50 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ayyyyy, now it gives me more incentive to actually start buying the books on Amazon.
Aug 17, 2017 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Finally a confirmation from gagagabunko, but final chapter eh? It will be a shitstorm anyway for the conclusion.
Aug 17, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2016
The return of edge master.
Aug 17, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2016
WHAT THE FUCK!!

Final chapter?! Are you serious?

I hope there will be a third season for the anime now.
Aug 17, 2017 9:20 AM

Jul 2015
poor yui and iroha fans xD
Aug 17, 2017 9:22 AM
Dec 2015
oh my god it is finally here
Aug 17, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Just give us a season 3 after the LN ends.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 17, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2016
tragedydesu said:
oh please, I didn't read the novel but from the anime alone, Yukino alone is freaking shit.
Aug 17, 2017 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
At least we are finally getting a release date.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Aug 17, 2017 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
Yay, unavoidable shitty unlikable main girl winning ending incoming, just what I wanted for Christmas!
Aug 17, 2017 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Oh so its releasing its final volume? Huh.

Well hopefully whatever happens you know. I do want a S3 but it all depends on it in the end. Hopefully.

Jun 2014
Praise the Lord for this announcement! However, it's been quite some time since reading volume 11.5. We kept hearing news that the author's original draft was being delayed. Now please Wataru-san stick to one series and you won't hear me complaining.

joe_g7 said:

I don't think there is enough material that can adapted for a single season, otherwise you're looking for it to be stretched significantly. The second season adapted 10 volumes iirc and with no.12 being announced, maybe we'll get an OVA or two that can conclude the series. Of course a full season is more optimal but production committees have the final say.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:

I like both but I don't mind if Yukinon wins.

Though I take this more of a comedy than a romance honestly. :P
Aug 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
omg yes its finally coming and since its gonna be the final we are finally gonna get the conclusion!!
hopefully now we can get a season 3 once it ends
cant wait!!
Aug 17, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2010
Yukino winning is almost unavoidable I guess >_> At least Yui always has chances in psv games, good for her lolz.
Aug 17, 2017 10:14 AM

Jun 2012
As long as Iroha got her best moments again, I'm fine with however the foregone conclusion is delivered.

Is there a chance that the story is going to turn into a re-master of A.N.O.T.H.E.R.?

Aug 17, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2015
Mogami-kun said:
Yay, unavoidable shitty unlikable main girl winning ending incoming, just what I wanted for Christmas!

Are you mad that your ship sank?

Aug 17, 2017 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
I correctly understood, this volume will be the last? P.S Poor Yui, but I doubt that she was needed in the story for something else, except to make the official couple less obvious.
Aug 17, 2017 10:22 AM

Feb 2012
About time this starts its end.

Long ago have passed the days when ppl on MAL used to quote Hachiman and his edgy monologues.
Aug 17, 2017 10:24 AM

Apr 2016
FINALLY !!

Pretty sure Yukinoshita wins.

Hates coming towards Wataru Watari 3..2..1..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
@Cactii
well ... they call her Yukinoshita for a reason :)

@Wasshio
you know that i hate tsunderes so i dropped this anime because the ending is clear

i dont understand the point of creating and developing cute girls like yui and iroha
if they are just going to crush them in the end
bullshit .... i really feel bad for them
Aug 17, 2017 10:38 AM
Apr 2017
After 2 years, it’s finally gonna end.

About time, I’m hoping it’s packed full of good shit since Watari took his sweet ass time.
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
@Cactii
well ... they call her Yukino[b]shit[b]a for a reason :)

@Wasshio
you know that i hate tsunderes so i dropped this anime because the ending is clear

i dont understand the point of creating and developing cute girls like yui and iroha

Well the thing is I don't really care much for the fact that if they do end up shipping up with Yukinon I really couldn't give a lot of shit to it, besides... while I do like everyone, I more lean to her due to her personality (yes she's kind of a bitch but she does have her sweet side later on).

And to be honest, as I said prior... I don't really see it as a romance purely, its more so leaning towards drama/comedy/school for me. But that's my perspective.

Nov 2016
tragedydesu said:
@Cactii

@Wasshio

'
gonna agree with you on this one i really want iroha to win but deep inside i know thats not gonna happen and its just my wishfull thinking nisekoi all over again.....
well i dont mind who wins since all 3 girls are great.
xxXHARSHXxxAug 18, 2017 12:16 AM
Aug 17, 2017 10:46 AM
Apr 2015
FINAL CHAPTER, well I might consider it as FINAL ARC not FINAL VOLUME.

But still, it will have volume 13 if this was real, so maybe 2 more freaking years....
Aug 17, 2017 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Wasshio said:
tragedydesu said:
@Cactii
well ... they call her Yukino[b]shit[b]a for a reason :)

@Wasshio

Well the thing is I don't really care much for the fact that if they do end up shipping up with Yukinon I really couldn't give a lot of shit to it, besides... while I do like everyone, I more lean to her due to her personality (yes she's kind of a bitch but she does have her sweet side later on).

And to be honest, as I said prior... I don't really see it as a romance purely, its more so leaning towards drama/comedy/school for me. But that's my perspective.

That's the better perspective since it's the shipping issues that mainly ruined the fanbase. You see constant insults hurling at one another especially in sites like reddit, etc whenever there is a character discussion or even any serious discussion of those sorts, especially Iroha/Yukino. It was fun banters early on but nowadays it has just grown cancerous and people just like to badmouth the rival ship(those two especially).
Aug 17, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Wasshio said:

RobertBobert said:
I correctly understood, this volume will be the last?

No, the solicitation indicates 物語は最終章へ which points to moving toward a conclusion, the final chapter. This is different from 最終巻 which would indicate final volume.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 17, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
Wasshio said:

That's the better perspective since it's the shipping issues that mainly ruined the fanbase. You see constant insults hurling at one another especially in sites like reddit, etc whenever there is a character discussion or even any serious discussion of those sorts, especially Iroha/Yukino. It was fun banters early on but nowadays it has just grown cancerous and people just like to badmouth the rival ship(those two especially).

Being real ever since a specific point where I kind of participated in a waifu war I got very much sick of it. Because generally these type of stuff are the type the fanbase creates themselves to begin with (at least to me). Yes, you can argue that the author would have prevented that if the author had not "iniciated" something that has vented or started the flame, but at the end of the day, I think the people would make a bigger fuzz about it and then it goes to where it can become from something ironic and fun, to just something that would go for someone to become really defensive over something. And besides, an author doesn't have the magic touch to control a fanbase honestly. Authors do what they do (I will see someone just say they can do whatever they want but that doesn't stop them from criticizing said author, but that's another matter).

This really much applies to everything really but still. As a person that really likes OreGairu, I'm really much the type to just have this type of mindset, and probably general when it comes to romance. There are exceptions to this of course, but its just something completely pointless to fight about.

Just like my friend Rami said while the Re:Zero threads were going on with the waifu wars:

"They're like brave soldiers fighting to death in a pointless war."
Aug 17, 2017 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
arsonal said:
Wasshio said:

RobertBobert said:

No, the solicitation indicates 物語は最終章へ which points to moving toward a conclusion, the final chapter. This is different from 最終巻 which would indicate final volume.

arsonal said:
Wasshio said:

RobertBobert said:

Thank you for your reply
Aug 17, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
arsonal said:
Wasshio said:

RobertBobert said:

So in other words they're just trying to end a volume, not the entire series. Am I correct?
Aug 17, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
I can say for sure "let the best girl win" in this one as I really don't care who wins in the end since I love all three female characters (I didn't believe I would ever come to love Iroha as much as Yukinon and Yui) in the story and I love the story because of how it can be seen as a social commentary just like One Punch Man.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 17, 2017 11:29 AM
Oct 2016
Frostbytes said:

To be fair, you and your buddy hoopla are probably two of the biggest offenders in this case.

https://imgur.com/a/5dPxZ

It's pretty hypocritical to pretend like you're not part of it.
Aug 17, 2017 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Straussberg said:
Frostbytes said:

To be fair, you and your buddy hoopla are probably two of the biggest offenders in this case.

Yeah right, those were just banters, I never went on to insulting people at forums(hoopla did maybe but I don't remember). Funny how you are still holding a grudge lol, more than that looking at private conversations heh
Aug 17, 2017 11:33 AM
Oct 2016
Frostbytes said:
Straussberg said:

Yeah right, those were just banters, I never went on to insulting people at forums(hoopla did maybe but I don't remember). Funny how you are still holding a grudge lol, more than that looking at private conversations heh

I'm not holding a grudge, I simply saved this because I figured it might come in handy.
Aug 17, 2017 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Straussberg said:
Frostbytes said:

I'm not holding a grudge, I simply saved this because I figured it might come in handy.

Hmm I will be careful to stay away from stalkers now.
Aug 17, 2017 11:38 AM
Oct 2016
Frostbytes said:
Straussberg said:

Don't worry. I don't really care that much about you. I just don't like how you're throwing shade on other parts of the fandom while pretending like your hands are clean. The only reason I saved that is because I figured the two of you would be back in the threads again.
Aug 17, 2017 11:42 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Not sure if this means final volume, or final arc. Either way, it was obvious that the series is ending soon. I've been waiting years, and now its finally confirmed... Watari finally thought of a conclusion! I never really read the series for the romance so I couldn't really care about who Hikigaya picks. I'm just here for the more 8man goodness.
Aug 17, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Straussberg said:
Frostbytes said:

Don't worry. I don't really care that much about you. I just don't like how you're throwing shade on other parts of the fandom while pretending like your hands are clean. The only reason I saved that is because I figured the two of you would be back in the threads again.

Yeah my part was about insulting specific people at forums like in oregairu fanbase subreddit, banters like those what I did are common in r/anime in every discussion. What I talk in com to com with another is of no concern to you yeah, you can sleep easy man.
Aug 17, 2017 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
Finally vol.12 is coming! I am also glad to hear that this isn´t its final volume (at least from what I understood), since I don´t want to see the ending rushed. As for shippings go, I am pretty chill with whatever Watari decides to 8man´s future (considering that his writing doesn’t disappoint).... even if he goes for the loner route.
KaitonAug 17, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 17, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
xxXHARSHXxx said:
tragedydesu said:
@Cactii

@Wasshio

'
gonna agree with you on this one i really want iroha to win but deep inside i know thats not gonna happen and its just my wishfull thinking nisekoi all over again.....
Wait, people actually watch/read Oregairu because of the Romance and not the social commentary,characters, or the comedy? smh
Sup...
Aug 17, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
joe_g7 said:

I don't think there is enough material that can adapted for a single season, otherwise you're looking for it to be stretched significantly. The second season adapted 10 volumes iirc and with no.12 being announced, maybe we'll get an OVA or two that can conclude the series. Of course a full season is more optimal but production committees have the final say.
I'd be fine with an OVA or even a movie, as long as the conclusion of the novel is animated properly.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 17, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2015
Oh god, I'm both relieved and saddened. Relieved that we finally get news on a new release, since it's been like two years. Saddened that I can't believe it's ending already and the possibility of another season is practically impossible because of the lack of material. Hoping for OVAs or a movie to properly conclude the anime version.

Either way, I can't wait for the release, and I hope for a suitable and decent conclusion!

tragedydesu said:

There is a clear difference between a tsundere and a kuudere, just saying.
ReverberateAug 17, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 17, 2017 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
joe_g7 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I'd be fine with an OVA or even a movie, as long as the conclusion of the novel is animated properly.

I'd prefer that too, especially with how the Haruhi movie was handled by KyoAni. If this isn't the final volume and there is one more in the works, it's potentially viable to do a 2hr-ish long movie without massive cuts from the source material.
Aug 17, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
@Reverberate
i know the difference btw kuudere and tsundere
yukinoshita is a modern tsundere

this is the description of her personality :
"Antisocial, Blunt, Cold-hearted, Insightful, Smart, Tsundere, Watashi"
tragedydesuAug 17, 2017 12:59 PM
Aug 17, 2017 12:18 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Oregairu has such a pale adaptation compared to its source, hope they don't adapt the final chapter and butcher the series. It is easily the best manga/LN I have ever read.

Damn man, 8man set the standards so high that I have never liked any protagonist much since.
cchiguAug 17, 2017 12:27 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 17, 2017 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
i am probably the least qualified person to talk about this since i dropped the first season but i hated everyone except yui so i hope whatever happens she ends up happy (that doesn't necessarily mean she's gotta be a couple with 8man though)
Aug 17, 2017 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
Wut he heck? Really?

When I caught up to it... xD

Ohhh well....

Danae said:
i am probably the least qualified person to talk about this since i dropped the first season but i hated everyone except yui so i hope whatever happens she ends up happy (that doesn't necessarily mean she's gotta be a couple with 8man though)

Mhhh.... I think Yui is a nice bitch though.... :/

There's a doujinshi featuring Yui that she's dating 8man....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

25 by Oppai_Loli_God »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku' Unveils Additional Cast, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 18

4 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Today

7 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

7 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Nageki no Bourei wa Intai shitai' Unveils New Cast, Main Promo

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

0 by Vindstot »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.