Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some of the new girls are weird...

Mashiro got better with her flight abilities so I'm glad to see that.
But seriously, Kairyo Gakuen is a powerhouse. That wasn't really even a match at all, completely one sided against Shion.
Feb 8, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
That Shoujo-ai scene was funny.
And lot's of interesting opponents makes me wonder what we will see next week.
Inui san was better then expected especially with those shoes that no one recognised at all.

Asuka seemed to enjoy her match which seemed to have been pretty close judging the score.
Feb 8, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing to see everyone doing great!! The FC Scenes has gotten better and we also got to hear a bit more of the BGM that goes on in the matches.
(They actually switched art styles for the FC Scenes. Just don't pay attention to floating jpgs, but it's better than the previous episodes.)

Mashiro displays the results of her training with Rika, and manages to not get 20-0'd by Satouin like last time.

The match between Rika and Misaki shows us how strong a fighter can be, even proving Rika's desperation spin to be fruitless since Misaki circles around her to stall for time.

Shion's manly spirit could've been displayed better in the match between Saki, but nonetheless it was displayed when he opened his eyes. A Speeder at heart, this is the way he fights! (GOTTA GO FAST)

Asuka vs Arika (Mashiro's childhood friend) shows Asuka's improvement, even being able to match Arika's scissor turns. Of course, the air kick comes back (which surprisingly was CGI compared to some of the other FC scenes in this match)

The Irina and Saki duo appears to have come from Britain, although Saki is native to Japan. If that's what their Grav-Shoes look like, everyone should be using Grav-Shoes from Britain (too cool!!)

Next episode is the fated Shindo battle (YESSSS) The preview shows the true competitiveness of the reigning National Champion!!
KomomoFeb 8, 2016 10:56 AM
Feb 8, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
And we finally have a competition! Sucked that Mashiro lost in the first round, and after all that focus she just got last week too. Felt poorly plotted/timed. Annoying that she was given someone way out of her league too quickly, but then this show seems to endorse the whole losing is best for growth philosophy so it's not too shocking but...still, they couldn't let her win even one round before getting clobbered? Bah! And of course they let Asuka face someone her own level and win, making Mashiro(effectively since the generic joke guy doesn't count imo) the only loser on her team....first disappointing episode honestly. Why give Mashiro any focus at all then? She's clearly the third wheel.

Oh well, at least the new girl with the heart eyes had big beautiful tits! Enormous even! :D
Feb 8, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone is doing great on their match.

The yuri scene was quite funny!
Feb 8, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, what an exciting episode!
Sad to see it's not adapted well.

5/5
Feb 8, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Source material aside, this episode made the series go from alright to really good. The competitions are exactly what it needed. I was on the edge of my seat rooting for each character without even realizing it.
Feb 8, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
This week's episode was amazing imo. That last moment in Asuka's match was pretty exciting. Can't wait for next episode!
Feb 8, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
Seeing the competitions in action and seeing some of the unique moves by the competitors, even this early on in the tournament, was definitely very welcome. And with Shindo getting involved next ep, I'm sure it's bound to get even more interesting still. That said, I do hope they get through the tournament a little quicker to leave more time for some actual romance like there's supposed to be (if what I've heard about the VN is true).
Feb 8, 2016 2:33 PM

May 2015
ooh she became really good
Feb 8, 2016 3:10 PM

Dec 2014
That random yuri scene was 10/10
Feb 8, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2015
Tournament is looking good so far. But damn, losing with over 15 points difference? That's no match at all anymore, lol. That yuri scene though. I approve.

Feb 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Jul 2009
This series literally shits on the captain every time he's present. So unfair. Just because he's not fan service for the target audience he's reduced to comic relief and gets the bad draw.
Feb 8, 2016 4:29 PM
Dec 2010
Unless mc makes an appearance in a match this is just going to get worse...
Feb 8, 2016 4:42 PM

May 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
This is completely ridiculous and absurd.
What they are doing is a complete disrespect, murder, rape, desecration and destruction to the source material of show.

By chance Gonzo is trying to compete and overcome KyoAni to see who is the studio which is more capable of destroy, desecrate, disrespect, and murder the source material of the show?

Gonzo, achieved the feat of transform an excellent Visual Novel/Eroge 18+ in a generic CGDCT show, with yuri fanservice and yuribait, a decent job of KyoAni.

Is getting more absurd, they have to create a law or impose limits on the changes and editions that will be made the literary works, musical compositions, audiovisual works, drawings, paintings, photographs in relationship to the original material created by the author.

If this nonsense does not stop, next year, they will end transforming an adaptation of a source material: BL, shounen-ai or yaoi in a generic show CGDCT with fanservice yuri, yuribait or in a shoujo-ai.

The changes:

all scenes yuribait are original content, they are not present in the visual novel.

In addition to having removed the POV, focus, exposure about Masaya.

The events and situations that occurred with Masaya in Visual Novel, in the anime they were replaced and transferred to one of the heroines, or whatever it Masaya did in Visual Novel in the anime is being done by one of the heroines.

Episode 1 - The first person to fly with Asuka on the visual novel was Masaya and they were alone, Asuka met and first saw Misaki in school.
in anime Misaki not only participate the scene, as was Misaki who made the first flight with Asuka.

Episode 4 - in Visual Nove is Masaya who helps Mashiro the grow out of Misaki’s shadow and become a strong player by her own effort.
In the anime that did it was Rika.

So glad they are ignoring the source. The show wouldn't be worth watching otherwise. C'mon Gonzo! Keep on pushing the yuri and ignoring the source!
Feb 8, 2016 4:50 PM

Aug 2015
lol, this thread. That aside this was a pretty decent episode, but I'm still waiting for the romance considering it's tagged as a romance.
Feb 8, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Rip flying fish and damn Asuka looked really cute in her suit.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 8, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2014
So we finally see official matches and so far they are amazing!
Hi there
Feb 8, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

it just shows how much you are a child.
what they are doing is destroying and desecrating one audivisual work that was not made by them.
besides being a complete disregard for with author and the fandom of Visual Novel.

If being a "child" means not caring about the politics of things, and enjoying a show because it's enjoyable...then sure! I'll gladly take that title on!
Feb 8, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Good, they made it less generic.
Feb 8, 2016 6:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
As expected, Misaki is Kunahama's ace....

It was unfortunate Mashiro had to lose immediately in the first round, I was hoping for quite generic Disciple vs Master match Mashiro vs Ichinose match, but oh well....

Asuka's spinning Air Kick Turn was beautiful.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 8, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2015
Saying "desu" almost after every sentence is starting to make me cringe, other then that let the games begin!
Feb 8, 2016 7:41 PM

May 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
vampko said:

If being a "child" means not caring about the politics of things, and enjoying a show because it's enjoyable...then sure! I'll gladly take that title on!

this is wrong.
I do not care with yuri, fujo, fanservice or anything else, when they are part and are present in the source material, when is genre of the source material, or a totally unique anime.

More is unacceptable and completely unnecessary they destroyed and defile partially or completely literary and audiovisual works that have not been written or created by them.

if they want to make a show yuri/shoujo-ai or fujoshi/shounen-ai, for God's sake, why the hell they do not choose to adapt a source material that covers the genre or they create a totally unique anime.

You might like that other people, come and add sugar in the your coffee without first asking to you.
But I do not like when other people, come and add sugar in my coffee without asking me first.

As I said, I don't care about the politics. I'm enjoying the show. I'm not gonna let politics drag that down. If the coffee tasted better, then why complain? I didn't pay for this coffee. I'm watching it for basically free. Technically there's a subscription fee being paid to Crunchy but eh, that covers many shows. Anyway, it's more like I heard about this great new ice cream shake flavor, and went to go try it, but one of the workers slipped an extra ingredient in it without me knowing. And it tasted amazing. Why would I complain? I've never had the shake before, so, for me, this is the "original", and whatever other people are having is the "adaptation".

Try looking at it more like that. I'm not saying I don't understand why people are angry, but I'm saying that I have no reason myself to be upset. I will be once they change the flavor back to what others were having, and it doesn't taste as good (cause it won't). Hopefully that doesn't happen, and I can enjoy my shake in peace
Feb 8, 2016 8:17 PM

May 2014
That was some intense side boob at the end there.

Loving this anime, though. Suffice to say it's one of the more light-hearted full-length ones airing right now. Looking forward to the rest!
Feb 8, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing match

Will we ever see Masaya play Flying Circus ever again?

Would love to see him vs that guy.
Feb 8, 2016 9:18 PM

Jan 2015
Another "pair" that like Misaki x Mashiro spotted.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 8, 2016 9:19 PM
Jul 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
vampko said:

As I said, I don't care about the politics. I'm enjoying the show. I'm not gonna let politics drag that down. If the coffee tasted better, then why complain? I didn't pay for this coffee. I'm watching it for basically free. Technically there's a subscription fee being paid to Crunchy but eh, that covers many shows. Anyway, it's more like I heard about this great new ice cream shake flavor, and went to go try it, but one of the workers slipped an extra ingredient in it without me knowing. And it tasted amazing. Why would I complain? I've never had the shake before, so, for me, this is the "original", and whatever other people are having is the "adaptation".

Try looking at it more like that. I'm not saying I don't understand why people are angry, but I'm saying that I have no reason myself to be upset. I will be once they change the flavor back to what others were having, and it doesn't taste as good (cause it won't). Hopefully that doesn't happen, and I can enjoy my shake in peace

Suppose the studio decided to adapt your favorite source material (Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novel or Game), and he is a yuri, shoujo-ai or CGDCT. The studio decides to change the plot and story of source material and also add a male MC and doing the show rotate around him, he will have the POV, exposure and will be the main focus of the show, the female MC of the source material becomes just a heroine, then they replace the scenes and dialogues that take place between the girls in the source material, by scenes and dialogues between the girls and the male MC, and they decide to change the personality and characteristics of the girls, doing that all the girls are in love with MC male.

You would stay happy or would have liked if this were done in the your preferred source materials?

AnimeFan500 said:
Amazing match

Will we ever see Masaya play Flying Circus ever again?

Would love to see him vs that guy.

no he will not play.
the POV, the dialogues and events that occurred with Masaya in Visual Novel, are being replaced by a different heroine every episode.
I remember Koi to Choco was also done similarly they tried to mix different routes together which changed alot of the source material but either way I enjoy both the source and the anime of both because I love sprite characters and their stories are always fun yet serious at times.
Feb 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
More characters appear, and finally begin disputes, and the results were as expected, however, the novel or the harem that I expected at the beginning of adaptation so far not appeared, I also expected a bit more protagonism by Masaya, but also don't know if I'll see it in the anime, I hope things get more exciting from now on ..
Feb 8, 2016 11:14 PM

Apr 2009
This Shindou-guy is the public enemy number 1 of the Aikatsu fandom and also the all of the grills in this anime and why a FC battle does it every ep brrp :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 8, 2016 11:15 PM

Apr 2009
Komomo said:
Amazing to see everyone doing great!! The FC Scenes has gotten better and we also got to hear a bit more of the BGM that goes on in the matches.
(They actually switched art styles for the FC Scenes. Just don't pay attention to floating jpgs, but it's better than the previous episodes.)

Mashiro displays the results of her training with Rika, and manages to not get 20-0'd by Satouin like last time.

The match between Rika and Misaki shows us how strong a fighter can be, even proving Rika's desperation spin to be fruitless since Misaki circles around her to stall for time.

Shion's manly spirit could've been displayed better in the match between Saki, but nonetheless it was displayed when he opened his eyes. A Speeder at heart, this is the way he fights! (GOTTA GO FAST)

Asuka vs Arika (Mashiro's childhood friend) shows Asuka's improvement, even being able to match Arika's scissor turns. Of course, the air kick comes back (which surprisingly was CGI compared to some of the other FC scenes in this match)

The Irina and Saki duo appears to have come from Britain, although Saki is native to Japan. If that's what their Grav-Shoes look like, everyone should be using Grav-Shoes from Britain (too cool!!)

Next episode is the fated Shindo battle (YESSSS) The preview shows the true competitiveness of the reigning National Champion!!
that guys should DIE!!!

Feb 8, 2016 11:20 PM

Apr 2009
kyle8998 said:
they put the contrails into rainbows eew and also fighter jets can do more maneuvers than these girls and guy don't :P

Feb 9, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2011
That was awesome. Asuka continue to impress. She zigzag along her opponent and that flying tailspin. Wow.
MagitoFeb 9, 2016 1:44 AM
Feb 9, 2016 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
Everyone are complaining about changes comparing to source material, but no one is mentioning about terrible translation in this episode which effectively destroys the pleasure of watching.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 9, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Magito said:
That was awesome. Asuka continue to impress. She zigzag along her opponent and that flying tailspin. Wow.
Asuka of Aokana is awesome ? i would say no the truth is she always failed at maneuvering her boots and what if if she flies a fighter jet? i would even say that she's gonna get not use at the controls :P

Feb 9, 2016 4:35 AM

Dec 2012
Komomo said:

I doubt Misaki vs Shindou will happen in next episode
both of them still have to deal with their first round opponent firstly, not to mention the pace unless the anime will make several scene skip
the preview pretty much just a tease for us.

I personally dont mind much if the studio did not adapt the VN completely as long it not bad in my record.
so far is good for me , i could understand why some people dislike the studio changed the VN.
Too bad Saki is not among girls in the game route i wonder if she will part in if the VN will have sequel later

also i am still curious with this Ikemen fellow or masked guy
since they did not adapt VN completely is he not going to appear then?
can someone spoil us who is this guy and his identity? also please put the spoiler for the answer
Feb 9, 2016 4:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The matches are way too short.
Feb 9, 2016 5:10 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Minus that random yuri stuff, the episode was the best of this series so far. The matches were good.

4/5
Feb 9, 2016 5:25 AM

Sep 2013
Probably my favorite episode for the moment,shit get real with the sport part,the Asuka fight was short but pretty good,i'm still not that hyped for this anime but i'm sure the 7 episodes left will be good enough.
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 9, 2016 5:34 AM

May 2014
THAT side boob :D :D :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2016 5:52 AM

Aug 2015
I enjoyed this episode in a way, glad to see the whole team improved just like what Mashiro did with Satouin, Shion's dedication on that match, and finally a win by Asuka
Feb 9, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2012
rsc-pl said:
Everyone are complaining about changes comparing to source material, but no one is mentioning about terrible translation in this episode which effectively destroys the pleasure of watching.

Well I don't use subs so...>.>

Jakerams said:

Suppose the studio decided to adapt your favorite source material (Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novel or Game), and he is a yuri, shoujo-ai or CGDCT. The studio decides to change the plot and story of source material and also add a male MC and doing the show rotate around him, he will have the POV, exposure and will be the main focus of the show, the female MC of the source material becomes just a heroine, then they replace the scenes and dialogues that take place between the girls in the source material, by scenes and dialogues between the girls and the male MC, and they decide to change the personality and characteristics of the girls, doing that all the girls are in love with MC male.

You would stay happy or would have liked if this were done in the your preferred source materials

Again, I completely understand why people are upset. But I have no reason to complain. The change is good for me, so I don't care. If they did it to something I liked, yeah, i wouldn't be happy. And it would suck.

I"m not belittling your anger, but I can't really be angry over this.

Let's say you read a novel, and the story was a mess, and the character development wasn't that great, and overall you were disappointed. But then it gets an anime adaptation, and they actually fix up the story and give good character development. Would you be angry? Or happy?
Feb 9, 2016 6:21 AM
Oct 2014
I keep hoping that Asuka inspires Hinata to get back into FC but maybe not possible at all? It was real fun to see Asuka fly in her own style and her always cheerful self going about things. Certainly lightens up the mood of the anime and makes things more interesting for me.
Feb 9, 2016 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
Omnisword said:
both of them still have to deal with their first round opponent firstly, not to mention the pace unless the anime will make several scene skip

Everyone from Kunahama has already fought their first round opponent, so I assume you actually meant second round opponents. The Shindo match will be happening next episode guarantee (y) ;).

Omnisword said:
can someone spoil us who is this guy and his identity? also please put the spoiler for the answer

In regards to the Masked Man of Mystery, I was surprised he didn't show up this episode since he really does stand out along with the reactions everyone else has when they see him. (Probably showing up next episode)

Feb 9, 2016 6:56 AM

Aug 2010
I want to see a Hinata vs Saki. I'm sure he's one of those OP types who don't want to play anymore. Or maybe Shindo vs Saki. That might actually be the finale for this tourney

Anyway didn't expect Misaki to win that easily against Rika. Damn, I kinda underestimated her ^^; She's awesome.

And Asuka's match was fun. I just love her air kicks. Can't wait until she gets more experience. I'm sure her matches will be the most fun for sure.

All dem side oppai shots tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) love it
Feb 9, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2012
Komomo said:
Omnisword said:

Everyone from Kunahama has already fought their first round opponent, so I assume you actually meant second round opponents. The Shindo match will be happening next episode guarantee (y) ;).

Omnisword said:

In regards to the Masked Man of Mystery, I was surprised he didn't show up this episode since he really does stand out along with the reactions everyone else has when they see him. (Probably showing up next episode)

Many thanks for the answer

Feb 9, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
comedy is not that funny and twintails blonde is being jelly as always
Feb 9, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2011
Omnisword said:
Komomo said:

Many thanks for the answer

you're welcome!!

Feb 9, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:

Some of the new girls are weird...

Prankster_001 said:
kyle8998 said:
they put the contrails into rainbows eew and also fighter jets can do more maneuvers than these girls and guy don't :P

Nice episode . Waiting for Shindo episode.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 9, 2016 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
this episode had good matches and to think she fell asleep while flying this was funny
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 9, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
Not liking the leaning towards the sport and matches too much, I want more 'generic romance'... this week was an OK show tho so I forgive
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

8 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 5, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

210 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

151 by Azzybana »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.