Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2016 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing Gintoki walk with those crutches and that face at the beginning ;_;... He's seriously pissed after all they went through just for the Shogun to die.

New shogun seriously pisses me off. Really hope he dies one day lol. "Not to do anything stupid." Heh, like that'll ever happen. Shinsengumi is the total opposite of that shit.

Pretty slow paced episode, but was 100% faithful as always. 2 Chapters covered.
Feb 3, 2016 1:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The OP visuals changed for the new arc. It's so stylish! It's badass without being spoiler-y. Ed is the same, and two chapters adapted this time (and probably next time too).

I guess everyone knows about the Shogun’s death now. Gintoki looks like sh*t after those injuries. Gintoki and Kondo’s drinking scene was well done. Kondo and Matsudaira are sentenced to decapitation… Damn it Sorachi! Sucks that the Shinsengumi is officially disbanded.

Hijikata… that’s one f*cked up dream. Hard-boiled dude is back. Man it must be hard for the Shinsengumi to work without Kondo. "You're Shinsengumi". Hijikata crying ;_;. "Being Homeless is hard".

Great start to my favorite arc in Gintama!

Screenshots

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 3, 2016 1:55 AM
Feb 3, 2016 1:30 AM

Jul 2014
Thus we enter the FS ARC

The art and animation was just fcking beautiful! and here I thought the budget would drop, just damn.... BNP pulling no stops here!
-That Gintoki threat was amazingly done!!
(depending on the answer I get, I'd be glad to dye that uniform blood red)
CHILLS BRO! CHILLS!!!

The OP visuals was awesome as well, was not expecting it to be that well done.
NEP preview looked godly as well, hype!!!

All I can say is BNP, THANK YOU!!!!!!

PS. Gintoki looking depressed as fck was very superbly done! you can literally see his eyes pissed the fck off.
-StrayMar 28, 2018 12:04 PM
Feb 3, 2016 1:33 AM
Dec 2014
SansrivaaL said:
Thus we enter the FS ARC

The art and animation was just fcking beautiful! and here I thought the budget would drop, just damn.... BNP pulling no stops here!
-That Gintoki threat was amazingly done!!
(depending on the answer I get, I'd be glad to dye that uniform blood red)
CHILLS BRO! CHILLS!!!

The OP visuals was awesome as well, was not expecting it to be that well done.
NEP preview looked godly as well, hype!!!

All I can say is BNP, THANK YOU!!!!!!

PS. Gintoki looking depressed as fck was very superbly done! you can literally see his eyes pissed the off.

Trust me this arc will be better animated. Less fights, more talking = better animation
Feb 3, 2016 1:38 AM
Jul 2014
New OP visuals, luckily no spoilers this time (not that I mind).
Nice to see everyone paying respects to Shougun in their own ways (some in next ep).
Didn't expect such good quality for the first ep but I hope they can maintain it for the rest of the arc too, the close ups of everyone's eyes and dilating pupils in Hijikata's case are awesome.
finally off standby next ep and back in the game, looking forward to THAT PUNCH next episode, I remember leaping up in joy for the scenes in the manga, exemplary example of why I love this man called Sakata Gintoki.

Mod Edit: Please cover spoilers. Not everyone watches previews/Reads the manga
Feb 3, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2015
Haven't seen it yet :/
'cause the SA arc ends, does they finnaly had the 'real' OP visual?
Or still re-using previous clips?

I don't really mind it though, i love the song very much.

Just asking :)
Feb 3, 2016 3:13 AM
Dec 2014
alfiyudistira said:

No reused clips. New visuals and they're really awesome! :)
Feb 3, 2016 3:32 AM

Nov 2015
treedude said:
alfiyudistira said:

No reused clips. New visuals and they're really awesome! :)

Wow... The hype is getting so high! XD
I can't wait it to be subbed already! XD
Feb 3, 2016 3:58 AM

Jun 2015
My favourite arc is starting, shit's gonna be intense!
:)
Feb 3, 2016 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
Damn that new OP is straight fire, and they showed the masked man as well, YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The beginning was depressing af tho, especially if you're a manga reader and know what comes next. Man.

Great start, new Shogun is wasting no time, straight executing everybody.
Feb 3, 2016 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
I love the new opening visuals (thank god that they got rid of the weird blue splash thingy), but it kind of spoiled/heavily foreshadowed

And who (apart from manga-readers) could have thought that the hard-boiled guy would be back after all these episodes?

Gintama° will probably end this season. The current manga arc (the one right after the current anime arc) is reaching its conclusion but I don't think it'll be enough to cover another cour after the current anime arc, unless they really stretch it out.
toblynarutoFeb 3, 2016 4:23 AM
Feb 3, 2016 4:11 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing visuals for the opening. So glad they changed it for the better. As for the episode, it was bloody amazing, great art and animation and ost on point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 4:28 AM

Aug 2015
The new OP is so awesome!!! That's the fighting animation stuff i love about gintama and daaang that foreshadowing

Can't wait for next week's episode, it'll be great //winks at manga readers
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Feb 3, 2016 4:29 AM
Oct 2014
im cried see this new visual op. zuraaaaaaa come back and revenge
Feb 3, 2016 4:32 AM

Dec 2013
So many feels everywhere!

New opening visuals looks great. Shinsengumi hype!

Gintoki and Kondo scene was great stuff.

Really excited about this new arc.
Feb 3, 2016 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
The real visuals of the OP are awesome. Loving this song more&more the more I hear it.
Dat Nobume <3 (I can't wait to see more of her this arc) And love the way they did the fighting scenes in it with the main trios changing. Love that Saito is part of this and ofc Zura!!!

So much feels this ep. F***n Nobunobu <_<

Zenzo must feel like absolute shit after killing their friend Shogun double-kun then having the shogun die either way. DAMN.

Matsudaira shitting on nobnob was so satisfying XD More plz

Loved the Kondo&Gin sakazuki scene so much. I can feel the amount of awesomeness Kondo is gonna show this arc will be beyond great.

I wonder how much of what happened to Shoyo sensei Nobume knows? She seems to know about Gin and what he did? I'm really curious how much attachment she had toward him since he seemed to be teaching her when she was his guard in prison.

One thing I noticed in particular this ep. The friggin close-ups were so damn good!!! All the faces were so detailed and drawn so well.

PV seems interesting...ZURAAAAA!!
Feb 3, 2016 4:39 AM

Jan 2016
Didnt expect the animation to be this satisfying. Epic opening, so many feels. Depressing episode even with that hard boiled guy around. Zura's turn to shine next week. I need a hug.

Wonder how many chapters gonna be adapted for the next episode. Hijikata's quote in the preview is from chapter 532 which is 4 chapters away from the current ep
psychogumFeb 4, 2016 12:09 AM

Feb 3, 2016 4:51 AM

May 2013
Thank god they're still in serious mode i don't dislike their comedy time but i like the serious arcs more
Feb 3, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2015
Everything about this episode was fantastic. They're really giving their all here, animators, voice actors, everyone on the team. It's terrific and even more emotional than in the manga. Things like Kondou tossing the sake in the air, Gintoki and Hijikata's faces..the music. So many more tears are gonna be shed.

And I can't fucking wait for Zura next week! Goddamn it feels like he hasn't been in it forever.

The opening was so good. The new animation looked really cool. They foreshadowed the prison but didn't show the characters so that's good.

Man it's so gonna end in april, that sucks and stuff, but I'm just gonna enjoy this now. And while waiting for the new season (hopefullyyyyy) I'll be rewatching these two arcs so much lol.
ReposeFeb 3, 2016 4:57 AM
Feb 3, 2016 5:05 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
First episode of this new arc is really good! I must applaud them too for their choices of music. Really sets the mood perfectly for this episode.

Also, the visuals for the OP are so stylish and badass! I think this OP song was more like meant to be made specifically for this arc.
Feb 3, 2016 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
Gintama will never be the same again.
Feb 3, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
Great OP! The fight scenes are my fave parts. The song has also grown on me a lot now compared to the first listen.

The way the episode started was depressing as hell, poor Soyo : ( Did not see the plans to execute Kondo coming. The biggest surprise for me though is seeing the hardoiled arc characters again, I had to rewind and rewatch when I they came up in the OP.

Happy to see the minor Shinsengumi characters again esp.Shimaru, I rewatched his arc while waiting for this episode and I've missed him. Looking forward to Katsura's return too.
Feb 3, 2016 5:27 AM

Dec 2014
Reality really hits hard. Harsh Seeing all the characters coming to its terms. Gintama as sad as it gets really got me
Feb 3, 2016 5:29 AM

Apr 2013
Ahh my god the animation is damn beautiful! Everyone behind the scenes deserve an honorary appreciation post seriously. I didn't expect the first episode of the FS arc to be so well animated.

OP is the same, but the previews of all the fights and battle are so baddass my hype levels are through the roof.

The close up of all the characters were so beautiful, they did a great job at displaying their raw emotion. I was a little worried they wouldn't be able to animate the same kind of atmosphere that the manga had, but man did they smash my expectations.

- Gintoki apologizing to Hijikata and Sougo - my emotionnnnssss ;A;
- Sougo and Hijikata's expressions when they saw Kondo inside the Mimawarigumi car
- Kondo and Gintoki sharing Sake yes
- Hard boiled man bacckkkk
- Nobume pointing out how ironic it was that Gintoki used to be at odds with the Shinsengumi but is now even risking his life for them.

More than anything though, I cannot wait to see Zura finally in action~ I'm hoping they can carry on the amazing animation through to the end.
Feb 3, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2015
Beautiful music and animation, it had me laugh my ass off, it was emotional, the characters were great, the opening was HYPE!!!!!! Also, that FMA:B parody.
If this arc doesn't have any animation derps like SA and it gets better or as good as episode 305, this will be the first 10/10 arc I see/read.
Feb 3, 2016 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
Feels everywhere.
Can't wait to see Zura.
Feb 3, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2016
I like the OP new visuals. Quite a depressing episode though...
Zura and Elizabethsu are finally going to show up. Can't wait to see what'll heppen next !
SeppukuTimeFeb 3, 2016 6:38 AM
Feb 3, 2016 6:06 AM

Jan 2012
Man, the animation and pace was damn great for the first ep of my favourite arc, I was already pretty sure that they were going to adapt two chapters considering the atmosphere, please keep this up studio! The op by the way did a pretty Good job also of being amazing without spoiling too much, unlike most other shounens lol

Ah sure has missed the animated version of Nobume, god i love her Voice xd
How I love a game
Feb 3, 2016 6:14 AM
Feb 2015
Great ep. The new op visuals were so good. is it just me or BNP improved their eye visuals? They look much better than earlier episodes iirc.

btw is there any more screentime for tsukki in future episodes? would be nice :v
TornadoOfTerrorFeb 3, 2016 6:17 AM
I don’t know everything, I just know what I know.~Tsubasa Hanekawa
Feb 3, 2016 6:15 AM
Apr 2013
Damn, the feel punches just keep on coming don't they, great ep.
Feb 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hey, best girl is back! I've been waiting a long while for this.

Feb 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2014
Lately Gintama is the only anime to really get my full attention. Normally I easily get distracted by phone or some stupid ideas to google. But the studio does an amazing job by providing the atmosphere it should deliver. *claps*
Feb 3, 2016 6:29 AM

Feb 2012
Wiziliz said:
Also, that FMA:B parody.

Oh, I didn't notice that. What was the parody?
Feb 3, 2016 6:59 AM

May 2015
What a beautiful episode, between the anime and the manga it's been a double whammy of feels! Great to see Saitou again I've missed him! =)
Feb 3, 2016 7:15 AM

Jan 2016
Deym, the animation quality felt like a movie !
Hopefully they maintain this through this arc :))
Feb 3, 2016 7:16 AM

Dec 2015
OMFG this episode 10/10 the OP, the art, the story, the demon's cry, the preview... everything is perfect af, can't wait for next episode, Zura's finally out of the stand-by
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Feb 3, 2016 7:25 AM

Nov 2007
The Day the Demon Cried.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
Aya Hirano's voice sounded different, I almost thought they changed Nobume's seiyuu. But it was still her in the credits. I'm glad.
Her range is really incredible!
Feb 3, 2016 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
the art is fucking well done this time, keep it up BNP! and the op is so good too, seem like there're new characters from Tendoshu, finally people! can't wait for the next episode
so much darkness and sadness in this episode really, 5/5 for this ep!
Feb 3, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2007
They better not pull shit with Otae. The preview showed her tears. I can't take tears of Gintama Girls. T_T

Cannot wait for the return of the Most Attractive Long Haired Male ever!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2016 7:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
BennyDelon said:
Wiziliz said:
Also, that FMA:B parody.

Oh, I didn't notice that. What was the parody?

Not sure but i think this.

shanimebib said:
The Day the Demon Cried.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 3, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2014
That was so depressing... T_T
The eyes for these characters looked beautiful and finally katsura is coming back!!
Feb 3, 2016 8:07 AM
Jun 2008
The OP visuals are amazing.
What a sad episode.

This is war, and the loser can only count everything they've lost.
Feb 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
Since when I always end my Wednesday with tears....

The OP is really amazing. And this ep animation, god especially the character's eyes are fabulous. And the new logo is gloomy as hell, the blue color really give it the cold vibe. Ohmy god, my poor heart... no wait, who the hell need a heart anyway
KannaAyasakiFeb 3, 2016 9:07 AM
Feb 3, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2007
WTF is happening to Gintamaa?! Kondou didn't really die, please someone tell me he'll come back! I can survive the shogun's death somehow but the disbanding of the Shinsengumi is too much! It was a beautiful episode in a sense but damn I don't know these characters, they're not the usual Gintama renchuu (THE Gintama lot)
Feb 3, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2015
AH Nobume mah girl It's been way too long since I last heard her voice <3

really sad episode even more so when they played that Mitsuba soundtrack ;_;

next episode though...

Feb 3, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
gintama is breaking my heart just started the bow and I'm already on a tight chest
Feb 3, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
The quality of Gintama° 2015 has been stellar, but even more since the start of the shogun assassination arc.

Pretty unusual to see Gintoki feeling like shit like that.

Awesome art and animation, great pacing.

Seriously those serious Gintama arcs are among the best arcs in any anime ever, hands down. Ep felt like 5 mins.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Feb 3, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
Imai Nobume is all I need in this arc. She is true beauty.

The opening was so good. The visuals was so nice and I loved the part when Nobume looks at the family. Anime Staff knows the feels.

The whole episode had a depressing atmosphere. Next week off standby.

Feb 3, 2016 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
yeaahhh awesome episode for opening of new arc...
really want to see Gintoki be mad on Nobume, since we know Nobume almost lose from Shougo, that means Gintoki more stronger than her, altought Gintoki still suffer from last woundshe got....

ZURA IS BACK!! Nothing i can ask more than that..!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

251 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 6:09 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.