Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2007 7:34 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OMG Kaname and Yuuki are siblings... :SSS
poor Zero, he had to see his future gf kissing with her brother?! i need a break >.<
Dec 23, 2007 8:56 AM

Jun 2007
Now I'm really confused. Whenever I try to follow monthly released manga, I end up forgetting all the characters and what happened before and all..

And I read the fan.service scans and on their website they said something like "This is the corrected version" because I think before they changed it the last page Kaname said he was happy to be born as Yuuki's brother, now it says he would've been happy if he was born as her brother.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Dec 23, 2007 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
when I read it, it said 'I would have been happier to be born her real older brother' at which I was like 'HUH?'
But yeah, Yukki and Kaname are brother and sister?? O.o Totally was not expecting that turn of events lol.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Dec 23, 2007 10:33 AM

Sep 2007
SHOCK
sfkjhshdkfhskfhfs $@)% O_____O
I noticed that they have the same hair color but... FOR GOD SAKE
I want 36 ;______;
Dec 23, 2007 10:37 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
ha...

I always thought why Yuuki and Kuran Kaname look so much like each other? But I rapidly dismissed th idea that they were siblings, which turned out to be true.....

The last line is confusing,

By the way, am I the only male reader here??
wakka9caDec 23, 2007 11:12 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2007 11:27 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I don't think he's her real brother at all. I think the last line is supposed to be "I would have been happier if I was born as her real brother". Rido has been calling Kaname the "fake heir" all this time. I don't think he's Yuuki's brother at all, but someone that served the Kurans so devotedly that he pretended to be their child. But he'd still have to be some sort of pureblood...

The whole flashback he kept saying "I'll protect you. I'll protect you" to Yuuki. And he's been watching over her, doing that. I think he even killed Shizuka to get more power so that he could protect her better against Rido.

It also would make sense why he sympathized with Shizuka: he was caged within an identity that was not his own, even though he was free to roam about outside.

Well that's my theory anyway. The whole chapter I was like :O :O :O siblings? No. No. No. It can't be. I still think he loves her. We can't take one of the two male leads out of the running! I think Hatori's just playing with our minds xD

Here's a question though. If she's a pureblood, why didn't Zero's pyschoness get suppressed after drinking her blood, and why couldn't the other vampire's feel her presence? Would hiding her memories effectively do that? Or did her mother just know some psycho spell (ie: everything burned up in flames if anyone tried to read about her).
KinetaDec 23, 2007 11:32 AM
Dec 23, 2007 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
eww i know... now i feel like a perv thinking they looked cute together as a couple.....eww and like the other night students thought they were lovers T_T i'm so confused.....also wasn't there some moment a while ago in some chapter with kaname and yuki on a couch....and um yeah....idk i'm so confused!!!...i don't want to wait a month!
Dec 23, 2007 11:43 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kineta said:
I don't think he's her real brother at all. I think the last line is supposed to be "I would have been happier if I was born as her real brother". Rido has been calling Kaname the "fake heir" all this time. I don't think he's Yuuki's brother at all, but someone that served the Kurans so devotedly that he pretended to be their child. But he'd still have to be some sort of pureblood...

The whole flashback he kept saying "I'll protect you. I'll protect you" to Yuuki. And he's been watching over her, doing that. I think he even killed Shizuka to get more power so that he could protect her better against Rido.

It also would make sense why he sympathized with Shizuka: he was caged within an identity that was not his own, even though he was free to roam about outside.

Well that's my theory anyway. The whole chapter I was like :O :O :O siblings? No. No. No. It can't be. I still think he loves her. We can't take one of the two male leads out of the running! I think Hatori's just playing with our minds xD

Here's a question though. If she's a pureblood, why didn't Zero's pyschoness get suppressed after drinking her blood, and why couldn't the other vampire's feel her presence? Would hiding her memories effectively do that? Or did her mother just know some psycho spell (ie: everything burned up in flames if anyone tried to read about her).

I agree....that must be it....unless.....let's wait for more explanation next month!!

There is a large probabilty that Kuran is not her real brother. The real one is the other guy....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2007 12:03 PM

Aug 2007
Maybe Kaname is justt Yuki's Half brother....

but i won't know until January.... T.T
Dec 23, 2007 5:27 PM

Oct 2007
There are certainly many different ways that Hatori could go with this...and I guess my response after this is 'Where's the January chapter?!!' XD

So I basically agree to something along the lines that Kineta said as well. The last line drops a hint that Kaname's not Yuuki's real brother. If Yuuki was so young when she was put to "sleep", then it makes sense that she still thinks he is her brother.

So all you Yuuki/Kaname fans, don't despair yet! Of course...I'm a Zero/Yuuki fan...but I'm waiting for more explantation next month.
Dec 23, 2007 5:38 PM
Sep 2007
Well, if anyone could spare some time to read and reply, I would be grateful!

[size=10pt][font=Verdana]Before you read, I would like to explain that although I'm humbly aware that I don't hold the truths, I really dislike basing my logic on gossips and facts that weren't presented by the author or even distorting the facts that did. So I present you my doubts bellow:

Icephoenix said:
"Here's a question though. If she's a pureblood, why didn't Zero's pyschoness get suppressed after drinking her blood, and why couldn't the other vampire's feel her presence? Would hiding her memories effectively do that? "

I've been asking the same question all my life too. Why did the others vampires took her for being human, wanting to drink her blood and all?

Although at a time (long time ago) I really did think Kaname was Yuuki's brother, I discarded this option and decided to trust the author. Once, if I remember correctly, Kaname said to Zero that his feeling for Yuuki must be the same as Kiryuu's (Remember that Kaname said that he envied Zero for he is able to protect the one he (Zero) loves?).There is no reason for Kaname to lie about that. So if their feeling is the same, he was talking about love. But I'm really positive that Kaname loves Yuuki as a woman, otherwise he (Kaname) would be just attributing the word LOVE for both of them but with different meaning, which does not seem to be the case. This is just to reply what this fellow said ^^

Moving to another matter, there is one thing that is really bothering me: Rido. As I think he's the ONLY ONE I can believe (auhauhauhauha), there are matters intriguing me:
1) Rido calls Kaname nephew and Kaname reffers to Rido as his uncle.
2) Kaname refers to Kuran Haruka as father.
3) Kuran Haruka refers to Rido as oniisama.
4) Rido tells Ichiru that it doesn't matter if he couldn't use his blood because the girl (YUUKI) is about to have Kuran's blood in her (Kaname bitting Yuuki).

So according to all above, Kaname is really Haruka's son, but this does not mean Kaname is Juri's son also. So the question is: what the hell is Yuuki? Rido was PRETTY CLEAR as he was saying N.4 (above) to Ichiru. Having said that "it doesn't matter because she will have Kuran's blood in her" then does that mean she CURRENTLY DOESN'T?

As for Kaname, I almost thought he was some Kuran's family subordinate because I'm pretty sure that (if the translation is correct), when Rido came to kidnap Yuuki from her parents, Kaname said "About Rido... If I wont be able to finish him off... then it couldn't be helped". By the time I read this sentence, I was really confused because I thought it was really out of place. How come Kaname being in the front line when 2 ADULT PUREBLOODS should be much more of a match to Rido and his fellows then Kaname. And the way it happened... there were no words from Juri wanting Kaname to deal with the situation. She said nothing and he understood his place.

There was another weird thing that happened right after Kaname said he would take care of Rido. Kaname earns a kiss from Kuran Juri (mother) and he seemed REALLY shocked by this, almost like he was thinking: "you are not even my mother, how come you give this much sincere love?" But this is just my hint, NOT AT ALL a product of some well structured logic, like I said at the begining. So you can just ignore this.

Also could someone explain this to me?Remember at chapter 33 when Kaname asks Yuuki to meet him at some place under a tree? He then asks this question to her: "From yesterday until now, what were you thinking about me?". That reminds me of a scene I really didn't understand. Before, in the same chapter, Yuuki was dreaming (or at least I suppose she was) thinking of Kaname's proposal about her being his lover. Then there is a written in the same page that says: "When we grow up we can do that." as someone delicately touches her. Is that what I think it was???

Finally, I began to formulate a THEORYthat goes like this:

It just occurred to me that MAYBE Yuuki isn't a vampire at all. MAYBE she is and have been human all the time.

That would explain why Yuuki was causing bloodlust in Kaname (and other vampires) everytime he saw her neck as she was being careless. Also that would explain his concern about Yuuki hating him after he bit her. AND ALSO that would be much more appropriate 'cause it wouldn't turn Kaname into a liar, which REALLY doesn't suit him. Why a liar? Well, there was a time when Kaname said to Yuuki: "Your kind only live for what (...)" and after that he asked if Yuuki wanted to be by his side FOREVER as a vampire. Again, I really don't see a reason why Kaname would lie to her.

Having said that, the real meaning behind his last sentence on chapter 35 COULD be: "If I was born as her brother in the first place, I would have been human like her and THAT would have made me much more happy."

The paragraph that follows is just me totally thinking freely putting aside that Kaname is Kaname, so it could be valid to anyone in the same situation:

"If I was born as her brother in the first place, I would have been human like her and THAT would have made me much more happy."

And this has a lot of causes, like living eternally in solitude without someone you care about, having someone you care about only living for a short period of time, and we could also add the WARMTH issue Kaname so much loves to praise in Yuuki. How can a being, damned to live eternally among other mortal beings, not be engulfed by sorrow and surrounded by boredom as he loses his emotions?
HatsumiDec 24, 2007 8:06 PM
Dec 23, 2007 6:24 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Hatsumi said:
Once, if I remember correctly, Kaname said to Zero that his feeling for Yuuki must be the same as Kiryuu's.
I forgot about this line. That is perfect, though. On one hand, Zero is like a brother to her because they grew up together, but on the other hand, he's in love with her. If Kaname isn't her brother but is "like" her brother, the two of them really are in the same position. (Well, kinda... you know what I mean).

4) Rido tells Ichiru that it doesn't matter if he couldn't use his blood because the girl (YUUKI) is about to have Kuran's blood in her (Kaname biting Yuuki)
Well now I'm confused. Kaname's gotta be related to the Kurans in some way then, if both his blood and Rido's blood would bring back her memories. Or is it just pureblood blood? The names they call each other can easily be for show. But I'm really curious about this point.
Unless Kaname really IS their kid, and Yuuki is some crazy little being that actually wasn't their kid at all... but I can't see that. I'm dead set on them not being siblings xD Haha.

How come Kaname being in the front line when 2 ADULT PUREBLOODS should be much more of a match to Rido and his fellows then Kaname. [...] Kaname seems REALLY shocked by this, almost like he was thinking: "you are not even my mother, how come you give this much sincere love?"
All true, and very valid. I'm even more curious now!!

Then there is a written that says: "When we grow up we can do that." as someone delicately touches her.
I don't even remember this line :O
KinetaDec 23, 2007 6:28 PM
Dec 24, 2007 12:09 AM

Oct 2007
Based on the last line and a few things hinted at in past chapters...Im guessing that he isnt her real brother...but i could be totally wrong. hmmm...or maybe its her who is out of place...or they are siblings...::Shrug:: who knows?

Dec 24, 2007 1:24 AM

Dec 2007
but do u notice that the four Kurans look much like each other? I really think that Yuuki is a pure-blood and her mother's magic that night was so powerful that noone can realize her ^_^. However, i'm not sure that Kaname and Yuuki are siblings...oh my God...so confusing.
Also think that Kaname loves Yuuki as a woman...oh so curious how things go in the next chapter...sometimes I wonder if there's a happy ending? just have thought that all of them can die together in the end...not an optimistic view, right?
...I wanna change the world only for you,
All the impossible I wanna do...
Dec 24, 2007 6:59 PM
Dec 2007
-muses- I really had to catch up with the story-line since I've been busy a while, but this latest chapter really sent me a new line of thinking. Like everyone else, I'm just as confused. The last line is especially confusing since every time I look at it and then at the translation it's hard to understand where everything is heading. From there, Matsuri (author) could really go at any angle, because it's almost like "the point of no return" as one of the lines said in the chapter.

1) Yuuki as a pureblood vampire -- actually makes some sense to me, considering how she had zero memory of what her past was and then how Kaname managed to show up in time to save her... The mother mentioned something about ERASING everything about her that was "vampire"... so to me, that just screams that Yuuki really is a pureblood vampire, especially since the mother was all "your mother... you've made me very happy"... but that like confused me a bit too.

2) The thing about Kaname is the most confusing. First, he seems kind of like an older brother, the next, a guy in love, and after that a "lover". I didn't really understand where that was heading (Okay, yes, I'm a Zero fan. >_>) but I knew from the start that Matsuri was probably planning to put them as the main couple. Now, with this chapter... apparently that can't be possible... but CAN be possible too, especially since I'm somewhat taking out of context the fact that Yuuki was exceptionally innocent as a young child... and just called Kaname brother because he was referred to that way (common among shojo books is that sometimes the main couple knows each other from the past and sometimes the younger one will call the other one "older sibling" but only during childhood... then they're older)...

3) I think the theory about Kaname being a servant or at least someone who was related (somehow) but was beneath the Kuran family is a good one. Especially seeing as when I first saw him & Yuuki together I really THOUGHT they WERE siblings until it seem in later chapters it was pressed they weren't. >_> Of course, with how he was affectionate with Yuuki when he was younger says a lot to me in a different way. Seems he really just adored Yuuki in general, and it's just blossomed since then. Hm...

Now, I can see Yuuki being connected through the vampires... Kaname & Rido = the biggest mystery. I ALSO want to know why all the vampires in the school didn't realize she was a vampire herself... but the only answer I can say to that is "Her mother placed an ancient spell and/or ritual on her to protect her". Yuuki's significance is apparently very important, but the Kuran family needed to hide her for some reason that has yet to be revealed. Oi, now the only thing is CHAPTER 36 COME OUT ALREADY! D:
Dec 27, 2007 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
The ending was kinda confusing, So I'm guessing Kaname is Yuuki's stepsister or something like that. But besides that was a twist. I'm feeling bad for shipping Kaname and Yuuki. ...>.>
StephanBlackhawkDec 27, 2007 9:55 PM
sad
Dec 27, 2007 9:38 PM

Dec 2007
yeah it was confusing.especially the last line.o-O
Dec 29, 2007 9:53 PM
Dec 2007
I agree with MikazukiPhoenix in thinking that Yuuki is really a pureblood. I don't think that Kaname is her actual brother, only that he was raised with her family so he is "like" her brother. However, I don't know how they are related. In this chapter Juri states, "This kid doesn't seem to be the old man's grandchild. He liked him." Who exactly is "grandfather" and why does Juri refer to Kaname as "this kid" if he is her son that is just weird. I seems to me that this statement seems to imply that Kaname is not Haruka and Juri's real child. I think that Yuuki is Haruka's actual daughter. Also, in response to Hatsumi regaurding the question of why Kaname fights when there are two adult purebloods is to remind you that before Kaname says, "About Rido... If I wont be able to finish him off... then it couldn't be helped, " Yuuki mentions that she smells her father's blood. To me this means that her father has been attacked/is fighting and will mostlikely be killed. As for her mother, it seemed to me that whatever she did to make Yuuki human cost her life as she looked fine before she took Yuuki into the next room. My theory in regards to Rido is that he was Kuran Haruka's older brother and killed him to get to Yuuki. "What I can't figure out is who exactly he is and why Yuuki would be higher than Kaname if they are both Kuran's. Is she some kind of special "princess" that has some sort of power so Rido wants her as a sacrafice to give him more power? My personal theory is that Kaname is a cousin of Yuuki's because Rido refers to "Kuran's blood" meaning Kaname's blood. In my head, with absolutly no proof, I am currently entertaining the idea that Kaname is Rido's son and went to live with Haruka when his father went rouge as Haruka states, "You're under the senate's surveillance and yet you've come out oniisama." However, as I said, I have no real proof it is just fun for me to imagine it that way. My final question is, What's with the council? In the last chapter Kaname asks, "Can I guess you are on the council's side" and then in this chapter Haruka states, "Lately the Senate wants to use the purebloods for the value of our existance and the power of our blood" in explaining why they are hiding her from the other vampires. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me considering the respect that the vampires at the school show Kaname since he is a pureblood. Man, I can't wait for the next chapter to come out, I hope that it can answer some of my questions and clear my confusion. By the way, if anyone has any possible answers to any of my questions, please reply. Thanks.
Dec 30, 2007 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
So what you guys basically means is that Yuuki is/was a pure blood? I'm blur. And, when is Chapter 36 coming out? oO
Dec 31, 2007 2:17 AM

Dec 2007
I was completely thrown off whe Yuuki said "onii-sama"! HAhaha! But i don't think that they're really brothers. Kaname may be a tool that is needed for Yuuki to fully do her role in this series and from where the plot is currently revolving.

As of the moment, we are only aware thet Ridoo is out to get "princess" which is yuuki, and she have something that he wants.
Dec 31, 2007 5:01 AM

Nov 2004
Woah, THAT REALLY SHOCKED ME. They're siblings? Seriously? Maybe? Since the last line is contradicting everything, and some here have brought up good points to dispute this little fact. If Yuuki really is a pureblood vampire, I guess it made sense why they thought her blood was more delicious. But then again, the fact that no one knew she was a Vampire is a long stretch (if it's true I bet Kaien Cross would know though). A pure blood one no less.

By the way, the Zero x Yuuki shipper inside of me is jumping in glee. See, how to solve a love triangle. Make one of the candidates a sibling, ROFL. But I never really thought Zero would live through the story though. Besides, I wonder what is stronger now. His hatred of Vampires or his love for Yuuki? Although Kaname said Zero would never betray him, that basis is cause of Yuuki, right? I wonder whether Zero would really pledge loyalty and what not to protect a pair of Vampire siblings if he really hates them that badly.

And I just read 33 - 35 at once. I fell behind and haven't read Vampire Knight for quite a while. I've forgotten all the other Vampire's names. Only remember the main characters. Probably cause they all look the same-ish. Might have to try reading this again, all I remember is that Yuuki was forever bugging Kaname about her past and he managed to avoid it for how many chapters. With good reason of course but still...
Jan 1, 2008 12:53 AM
Dec 2007
SO! I am lost. What I got was. Kaname wanted Yuki as a lover. Was that for real? And Then that weird guy came. And scared kaname. So kaname Awakened Yuki(also known as his lover) to reveal that they are siblings. SO. Did Kaname Really want yuki as his lover o was a a plot? o.O OOOH the japanese minds are so brilliant. WHAT DAY IN JANUARY DOES THE CHAPTERCOME OUT!!! aLSO my verdict here is Incest xD
Jan 4, 2008 5:37 AM

Mar 2007
that was..a big surprise. but is he her real brother or not? O.O and did he reaally had to snog her to make her drink his blood? i mean, he could have cut his wrist!<.< I liked the yuki/kaname pairing but i think incest is kind of wrong unless you are hot twins, so i hope Kaname ends up with Zero now. XDD
Jan 4, 2008 4:04 PM
Jan 2008
after reading the chapter a few times, it almost seems like that last thought is zero. i don't think kaname would have the expression on his face while having that thought, whereas zero seems completely taken aback by the entire situation. this comment "i wish i were born her real brother" could also hint at the fact that zero is completely jealous of kaname and every aspect of his relationship with yuuki. maybe he thought that he had a special place in yuuki's heart as a brother type because they were both orphaned, but now kaname has basically taken away that connection.

rido might need yuuki because there's a serious shortage of pure-blood females around. it could be that rido's fiance having a human boyfriend pissed him off pretty bad (this is the guy that zero's parents killed, right?) and he was planning on taking yuuki as a bride? but then again, it sounds like they were keeping yuuki's existence a secret on purpose. also, when rido finds out about his fiance's death, he doesn't even seem that troubled.

confusing.

Jan 10, 2008 12:30 AM
Sep 2007
I think that Yuuki really is the kuran's daughter, but Kaname was just a human that one of the kuran parents turned into a vampire, which is why he still has the "kuran blood". They were probably raised together as a family which is why Kaname calls Rido "uncle" and Yuuki's parents "mother and father". Which would also explain why Yuuki would call him her brother. The last sentence would also make sense because if he really had been her brother he might have been able to save his "family" some grief by inheiriting the burden form Yuuki.
Jan 24, 2008 9:40 PM
Jan 2008
I seriously think that Yuki and Kaname are blood related..... But I also think that there mother erased Yuki being a vampire COMPLETELY wich is why hes said blah blah blah I wish I could be her real brother ect. ect.....
Either that or the author is screwing with our heads
Jan 24, 2008 9:49 PM
Jan 2008
Ok this is ch 26 mainly for those who are impatient
Spoiler

you have been warned!!!!

-yuuki after being awaked, suddenly her hair grow up (like they were in the past)
- a second after she wake up, she feels a "desire", and go on top of kaname, and start biting him. in that moment we see flash of a strange place, like a cave, and there's a strange symbol all covered in blood!

- now I start to understand why rido wants her......she has a power out of the normal! while she was crying and feeling hurt for her parents death all the wall of the room they were in started break up, just with her "crying"....I can't image what she could do if she acytually used a serious attack with her own will....
- aidou and kain comes to know about yuuki being a vampire and kaname's younger sister.
- kaname says that "yuuki has born for the purpose of becoming his bride"
- rima knows shiki is not shiki and asks even directly to him.
- Kaname tells yuuki that "her father and mother were brothers aswell" and so he says there's no problem in being his finac?e...
- while they're talking all of a sudden yuuki feels in the hair someone's blood...kaname tells her to stay in the room and that he'll come back soon but yuuki opens the window to see what is happening...it's shiki's body...rima is attacking him but she says he's the worst for using someone else body and make it hurt...but it seems rido regenerates himself contless times....when rima is attacked at surprise by rido, ichijo save her and tells rido to stop but rima says "your so stupid shiki, for making others control your body! you should take control of your own body" and then it seems like shiki is tring to take control back of it, rido infact is like blocked for an istant ...
- yuuki escapes from the place where she was (i suppose kaname's room) and find kain and aidou there. kaname asked them to not let yuuki go our of the room, but yuuki orders them to get out of the way because "there's a place I must go to" then she says "if you don't want to be scolded by kaname-senpai then accompany me where I'm going...first of all to the Day class dormitory"

I don't know if yuuki used some power, mentally or so, but aido after she glare at him keep his head like something has happened..or was it a "can't be helped" reaction? well I'll leave to you guys the interpretation XD

- the place she goes to seems to be zero's room...but the chapter ends with her in front of the room in the moment she's knocking the door and she thinks "Zero..." so i suppose she went to his room(but I may be wrong) XD

I have the impression Rido might use Zero for his bad intentions since zero is hurt like now....but I don't know yet... just he seemed too interested in the fact zero was ichiru's twin brother...

Another important thing...when yuuki wakes up, she look immediately at kaname's neck and she can see his venes meaning her vampire sides desired the blood, but even more importantly while she bites him she thinks "I desires only this person's blood"...and while she's biting him she sees a cave's exit and I think it's like "the vampire that was sleeping in her has finally find the exit of that labirint in which her mother put her"
Feb 17, 2008 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
I also think that Kaname isn't *really* related to Yuki. A part of me feels like he was adopted into their family, maybe he's even another family member, but I wonder how it was that they were able to cover it up.

Apr 12, 2008 8:57 PM

Nov 2007
....What!? I can't believe that Yuuki and Kaname is REALLY related! Is that possible? I guess I did notice the similarities in hair styles/color, but WOW that totally blindsided me. Poor Zero is in love with a vampire the whole time and a pureblood at that. It's a truly sad irony. ;_;
Jun 2, 2008 11:02 PM
Jan 2007
shadowwolf573 said:
In this chapter Juri states, "This kid doesn't seem to be the old man's grandchild. He liked him." Who exactly is "grandfather" and why does Juri refer to Kaname as "this kid" if he is her son that is just weird. I seems to me that this statement seems to imply that Kaname is not Haruka and Juri's real child. My final question is, What's with the council? In the last chapter Kaname asks, "Can I guess you are on the council's side" and then in this chapter Haruka states, "Lately the Senate wants to use the purebloods for the value of our existance and the power of our blood" in explaining why they are hiding her from the other vampires. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me considering the respect that the vampires at the school show Kaname since he is a pureblood.

Juri was referring to Ichijou, saying that he's very outgoing and talkative, unlike his grandfather. Also, the war between the Council and the Purebloods is strictly political, so they're not gonna make it obvious, and it's been said that most nobles still support the Purebloods over the Council anyway. By the way, Juri is officially my favourite female character ♥
Apr 18, 2010 10:04 PM

Oct 2008
To me, I don't think they're siblings. I think one of them were adopted.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 3, 2010 7:52 PM
Feb 2010
Ew, Kaname is Yuki's pervy older brother...Do you wanna be older brother's lover? Vampire incest! Hey, that's how you get purebloods...

Crystal said:
By the way, the Zero x Yuuki shipper inside of me is jumping in glee. See, how to solve a love triangle. Make one of the candidates a sibling, ROFL.

Ditto here! (Except I'm hoping that the love triangle is really Yuki vs. Kaname for Zero.)

Going on a tangent alert...Why do I keep on (unknowingly) getting into incest fiction? First, I was reading a lot of Ian McEwan (the author of Atonement)...and just had to fall upon The Cement Garden...Then a co-worker suggested Geoffrey Eugenides' (brilliant) Middlesex...Then I randomly pick up Philippa Gregory's Wideacre (author of The Other Boleyn Girl) from a second hand bookshop...now this...is God trying to tell me that I'm a perv? I seriously DON'T have an incest fetish...though I do admit to loving yaoi...
Apr 4, 2011 11:55 PM

Aug 2009
Yuuki's brother!? Kaname!? O.O

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 4, 2011 11:55 PM

Aug 2009
Yuuki's brother!? Kaname!? O.O
chiquit0621Apr 4, 2011 11:59 PM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.