Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 17, 2009 5:44 PM

Sep 2008
This show looked really interesting at first, but I still don't understand anything that's going on at all. The characters keep doing random things without any explanation for anything, and it's driving me crazy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2009 10:46 AM

Sep 2008
Ohsugi annoyed me, but I felt a bit bad for him... Though not as bad as I felt for Saki, probably. She seems to have gotten the [very] short end of the stick in love (well, for the most part, or up until now) and in work. :\ But meh. I wouldn't work for a jerky boss/manager/whatever who treats job applicants that way anyway. And with such catty, gossipy colleagues. Partially good she didn't get the job then.

So Akira's former self wasn't a bad dude... He didn't kill the NEETs. Maybe he shipped them to Dubai just to get them out of Japan and shove the problem on another country? XD Although as another pointed out, it seems as if they recovered to some extent... Or some of them at least.
Jul 27, 2009 4:13 AM

Jul 2008
We get to see the faces of a couple more of the Saviors, other than that not much in this episode.
Aug 25, 2009 8:30 AM

Aug 2007
This ep was good. Poor Saki... I feel bad for her.
Mar 8, 2010 7:24 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, the beginning was gold. I expected that woman to scream or something as soon as she saw the guy (whom, after seeing the phone lying there, I immediately suspected of being a Selecao who had been visited by the Supporter xP), but when she took the phone and said "Looks like I did it again"...well, let's just say my face looked like this: O___o

Wth made Akira think of "gyafun"? xD (Reminds me of Katanagatari btw, ahhaha)

I felt bad for that Ohsugi guy...He obviously likes Saki.
And yay, Akira kissed her! :) Something tells me that she's not gonna cry over Royusuke too much.

Ahhhh nooo D: Don't tell me that the mantis girl saw Ohsugi...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 30, 2010 12:40 AM

Mar 2010
I only got 2 things to say...

UNCLE! and Keep your johnny safe! ;3

good episode! XD
Apr 1, 2010 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
Unlucky guy is unlucky.

Jun 3, 2010 7:58 PM

Mar 2009
Goddamn, that crazy lady..
Jun 21, 2010 11:40 PM
Jan 2009
OMG!! <3
xoSushiJun 22, 2010 3:01 PM
Aug 11, 2010 4:25 AM

Jan 2010
pretty weak episode -_-

but the last minutes saved it...aww akira kissed saki ^^

and that selecao looks like a pig,who the hell does she think she is,Shiki from Knk?

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
Hottie~
NEETs?

That's the power of Juiz for only 60yen she made the PM say mercy
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 30, 2010 2:42 PM

Jan 2010
I was seriously confused with #1 ...wtf is she all about?
Great episode. I didn't expect Akira to kiss Saki so soon...felt bad for Saki also.
Dec 22, 2010 3:01 AM

Apr 2010
The kiss scene was great and so cute <3
but wait... is the blue-haired one going to kill the dumped boy ? O.O

Dec 28, 2010 5:04 AM

Aug 2010
Whoever that woman at the beginning was she a real bitch!! May that man rest in peace
Dec 28, 2010 6:59 AM

Dec 2010
How can you guys say this was a weak episode??

1: We found out what happened to all the NEETS
2: We got TWO extra 'saviors' introduced
3: Further development of the other guy that likes Saki
4: KISS SCENE (All anime guys could learn something from Akira in this move, lol )
5: Akira understands his power and will now start using it!?
Dec 28, 2010 7:04 AM

Dec 2010
How can you guys say it was a weak episode???

1: found out where the NEETs disappeared to (dubai)
2: KISS SCENE (Anime guys could learn alot from this dapper move, Akira)
3: Got introduced to TWO new 'saviors'

All in all, this is one of the better plot developments yet (I just want to know what's up with Johnny?? And how'd they all get into the damn electronics? Or was that just a dream-thing in ep 4?) Kwaaaa!
Jan 21, 2011 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
The prime minister getting up and saying uncle was hilarious!!
Who is this blue-haired bitch?
Jan 28, 2011 8:27 AM

Dec 2010
awesome episode, the kiss scene felt a bit random but was touching none the less and the prime minster saying uncle i guess proves just how much power they really have.
Feb 20, 2011 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
"uncle"
approval ratings go up 10% lmao
also, i have a bad feeling about that guy at the end

Jul 14, 2011 9:30 AM

Jan 2010
WTH! i'm surprised no one has mentioned how Saki blew off that poor guy. You try to be a good friend and try to get her attention with a dinner. What does she do? She gets on a bike, pardon me a moped! with a guy who seems much "cooler". Oh but when Sakura from Naruto does it, everyone goes apeshit. Gotdamn i really hate people like that. Serves her right for getting a bowl beef thrown on her, bitch. Excuse my language.

Overall, decent episode. I feel for my johnny. Love the new lady, maybe theres more to her than meets the eye.
Oct 25, 2011 6:04 PM

Feb 2009
What an incredible show! Now we have a lethal beauty as part of the selecao with a nasty hobby and we get a small look at how rotten Japan's society have become.

And they're back together! Somehow Akira found his resolve thanks to the conversation he had with Saki (and something more!). I can't help but think Akira will not be using that money to save the country in the true sense of the word. I'm more inclined to something like "rebirth from ashes" type of action.

There's something about these characters that make me feel comfortable when they're together, there's so much chemistry! I can only give props to the producers for achieving this.
Oct 27, 2011 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
Ohtsugi has one hell of a lucky day.
Nov 22, 2011 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
Akira got some balls! I want to be just like him when I grow up.
Dec 21, 2011 5:46 AM

Mar 2008
reiijou said:
How can you guys say this was a weak episode??

1: We found out what happened to all the NEETS
2: We got TWO extra 'saviors' introduced
3: Further development of the other guy that likes Saki
4: KISS SCENE (All anime guys could learn something from Akira in this move, lol )
5: Akira understands his power and will now start using it!?

i thought it was great, just like every other episode untill now..
i might end up giving this show a 10 (or 9)..
the chemistry between those 2 is just awesome, i can't help but cheer for them :) i really hope akira is able to do something "good".. i believe in him, it's never too late to change! =)
Feb 8, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
Feel bad that Ohsugi might be dead soon. But he's annoying.
That beef soup is way too much. Poor Saki. Is this how interview is like?

lol prime minister saying 'uncle' is hilarious?
is he really saying 'uncle'? XD

It's revealed Akira didnt really kill the NEETs. Who is this Johnny he keeps mentioning about?
Apr 11, 2012 5:06 PM
Jan 2012
Uncle... Uncle
BronzeAge
May 24, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
amazing stuff :D

i like how he unwillingly "request" the prime minister to say uncle in front of the press XD

i feel sorry for saki, being rejected with the job offer as well as being thrown by curry dish right after being rejected.

that fucking asshole manager.

the Ohsugi guy got blown off O___O

and yeah i was surprised as to why Saki loves her sister's husband. then again she did say it hurts to see his kindness towards her.

and yeah Akira with a bold move, then again he was just comforting her :)

all in all amazing episode as always, we get to learn two saviors(Number 1 and 4) as well as the refugee guys not being killed, but was sent to dubai.

though i wonder how the other refugee knew akira erased his own memories??

can't wait for more :)
Jun 21, 2012 4:11 AM

Jan 2012
So, looks like instead of killing the NEET's he helped them. Episode was kinda interesting. Looking forward to next one.

Jul 15, 2012 11:07 PM

Jan 2012
Wow it only costed 60 yen to make the president say "uncle"? What a deal. I'm hoping that more of the puzzle's unveiled as the show goes on, although I'm still not understanding where this whole "NEET" fiasco fits in.
"Hello, Mr. Wind up Bird."
Jul 18, 2012 9:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Man, poor Ohsugi. I gotta feel for the guy. Right in front of his face, the girl he's in love with drives off with another guy. I really hope his character isn't condemned to death. That would really be adding insult to injury. He tries his best with Saki, but she just blows him off like he's some annoying 5 year old. Sad stuff.
Aug 31, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
Oh no. Osugi's gonna... I don't know what's gonna happen to him but if it involves blue haired lady, its gonna be bad. :( Poor him. I felt bad for him when he saw Akira and Saki together :/ I'd feel bad if the same happened to me.

Uncle! LOL 60 yen :P

The kiss scene was unexpected but cute. Doesn't really do much since they're not lovers or dating tho. :/

...What does a Johnny mean? LOL I don't get it at all. :P

5/5 psh. I loved the entire thing. The pacing is so good.
Dec 18, 2012 3:26 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending, don't think that will end good... and well the kiss was rather surprising didn't 100% fit in the moment but well it wasn't bad at all... I wonder when he'll use his power to actually use for personal gain with the girl... Lets see what's next!
Mar 3, 2013 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Riotnoob said:
Wow it only costed 60 yen to make the president say "uncle"? What a deal.

LOL not only that, but the prime minister's approval rate went up by 10%! XD

Poor Saki at her interview...that man was such an ass. Seriously? Just because you are the employer or the interviewer doesn't give you the right to be rude. Strict is okay, but then having someone "accidentally" drop a bowl of noodles on Saki? =_= Yes it was Saki's fault for missing the prospective interview, but still.

It's funny how a few people complained that Saki liking Akira was way too rushed, because it was pretty clear that she already had someone she liked when she talked about the movie she wanted to watch and then we saw that poster in her house. Anyways, someone said it already, but I love how smooth Akira was when he kissed Saki and then just went on talking about how he'll take care of everything XD

Oh yeah, that blue hair lady is weird...her voice is weird too. o_O No don't do anything to Ohsugi!
Mar 25, 2013 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
This show is great, one can be easily addicted to it in no time.

So he didn't killed them after all? Those 20000 NEETs? Did he just moved them to India and made it appear as the were dead? Or is there something else to this?

I like this love triangle, it's pretty obvious Oosugi stands no chance for Saki. And it seems he is next on that woman target list - she will get him her body and kill him afterwards. Well, some real shit is going to happen so.

Edit: Hmm, and now that I am thinking of it - could it be that Akira wiped out Saki's memory too? He was pointing his gun on her at the beginning of the story - I still think something is odd here..
Mich666Mar 25, 2013 5:24 PM
Jun 6, 2013 3:57 AM

Jun 2012
Ooh, wow, rejected, how messed up is that, she just left with Akira.

Aug 12, 2013 11:27 AM
May 2012
Oh boy she cut that guy's manhood and she's gonna do it again!

Ha I knew it Saki likes her sister's husband but she'll probably end up with my man Akira ;)

I feel you Ohsugi poor guy.
Nov 5, 2013 4:53 AM

Sep 2011
A kiss, yay (even though it was pretty unexpected there). I hope the romance will become real later :3

Poor Saki, the blue-haired woman should just chop those guys' dicks off.

Poor Ohsugi I guess :/ I feel bad for him and his unrequited love, but if he really have been chasing Saki for long (I'm pretty sure), then he really should have already given up. He is kind of annoying... (Though I still hope the blue-haired woman won't do harm to him :S )
Dec 31, 2013 12:56 AM

Nov 2013
I absolutely lost it when Juiz made the PM say "Uncle" I was crying of laughter

Dec 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
takizawa is such a romantic...
but i dont want saki's friend to die by some psychopath lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
That kiss was so sudden...

So now we know that he ''kidnapped'' those 20000 NEETs to get them to work. That seem suddenly more reasonable :P

That military man is probably the Defender, or that what the creator want us to believe.

I don't understand why that psycho girl haven't been killed. I mean, they are supposed to use the phone for the good of the nation, no? How is torturing man good for the nation?

Poor guy that get thrown away each time, he really never get a break xD
It look like he'll be the next target of that lewd girl.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 7, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
for some reason in OP reminds me of ergo proxy
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 16, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2014
Saki-chan, why did you do this to Satoshi?
Feel a little sorry for him and what's the
blue-haired girl going to possibly do to him.
I also pity Saki for not getting neither of
those jobs, but hope she gets sth better.
Takizawa just seems so nice to Saki ^.^
Mar 17, 2014 11:57 PM

Sep 2013
No clue what that guy was talking about, but that guy said "but at least I was able to return to society because of it", which makes me think that he was one of the NEETs he recruited earlier.

This blue haired woman is a strange one.

Wow so she likes her sister's husband.

Now that's a kiss.

He got stood up by Saki so he took out his junior instead, awkward ;)

Uh-oh the crazy one is approaching Ohsugi.

Brian333 said:

- 2/12/11: Memory wipe program download from ATO Harima Neuroscience (900 Yen)

It was that cheap to get a memory wipe program 0_0
Mar 31, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
He shipped 20,000 NEETs overseas to work? LMAO! Well that's two birds in one stone I guess: that's 20,000 NEETs out of the country at the same time, 20,000 potential overseas workers.

So he kissed her. Just like that. That was so spectacularly smooth I couldn't help but grin :D

She loves her bro-in-law :s Must hurt seeing him everyday. I don't feel sorry for Oosugi at all. I kind of think he's annoying to be honest. There's a fine line between determined and pushy. He's a couple of steps inside the pushy territory to be honest.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 26, 2014 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode. Damn, killing 20,000 NEETs?! Akira is a damn murderer.
Jul 15, 2014 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
So, wait... Saki is in love with her sister's husband then? o__o

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 27, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
Dat dangerous lady with blue hair is a cutie *_* shipping 20k NEETs to Dubai, I wonder how much did it cost him x)
Aug 27, 2014 8:08 PM

Oct 2013
that unexpected KISS
what a badass
LMAO well judging by that girl walking by him at then end I assume he's done for >.>
[/quote]
Nov 20, 2014 9:18 PM
Nov 2013
Akira is getting cooler as it goes.

LOL I'm kinda worried for Oosugi's life now
RavenWishNov 20, 2014 9:22 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.