Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2009 4:36 AM

Sep 2008
Siva said:
Likes the talk between Riannon and Arawn about Myrddin and the atmosphere is really relax and at the same time the story about Myrddin is really interesting. I wonder if it has something connect to Arawn's past.

P.S. I don't know how many people have noticed something interesting in this pic.
http://www.animekon.com/image-4700.html
If you look carefully, the image reflection is different from the person which is the first reason I am watching this show.

Yeah, you're right............

And its kinda boring and the crabs are so big!!!!
Apr 29, 2009 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
Siva said:

P.S. I don't know how many people have noticed something interesting in this pic.
If you look carefully, the image reflection is different from the person which is the first reason I am watching this show.

Hmm, I just noticed it -,-
So the girl in the ending still has relationship with Riannon, eh ?
At first I thought that girl is Riannon..
Oh well.
Apr 29, 2009 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
The place inside that gate is nice xD so big

Apr 29, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
Quanta said:
Those elves didn't look very elvish to me. In fact, they looked identical to the humans.

I think that's cause 'yousei' doesn't exactly translate to 'elf', it's simply the closest thing in the english language. My guess of an exact translation was closer to 'fey' and could generally apply to many spirits/beings of nature, including faeries, sprites, and the like.

Siva said:

Wooo... first time noticing that. But the connections are pretty obvious IMHO. Besides, after Uta, that was pretty much expected. They recycled quite a few concepts after all, includings the gods...
Apr 29, 2009 8:16 PM

Jun 2007
zanaikin said:
Quanta said:
Those elves didn't look very elvish to me. In fact, they looked identical to the humans.

I think that's cause 'yousei' doesn't exactly translate to 'elf', it's simply the closest thing in the english language. My guess of an exact translation was closer to 'fey' and could generally apply to many spirits/beings of nature, including faeries, sprites, and the like.

Siva said:

Wooo... first time noticing that. But the connections are pretty obvious IMHO. Besides, after Uta, that was pretty much expected. They recycled quite a few concepts after all, includings the gods...

Theres also the fact that they're family has been living amongst humans for generations so their appearance could have changed if their parents where/are human and elf.

PS. Riannon isn't related to Arthur right? They mentioned it very briefly in the first episode but no one's mentioned anything since then.
Apr 30, 2009 4:40 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
PS. Riannon isn't related to Arthur right? They mentioned it very briefly in the first episode but no one's mentioned anything since then.

I don't seem to remember that one. Any quote or screenshot?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 30, 2009 5:59 AM

Oct 2008
Siva said:
DeathfireD said:

Riannon and Arthur are siblings.
Apr 30, 2009 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
officially moved to low priority status
Apr 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
Lee_Man said:
Siva said:
DeathfireD said:

Riannon and Arthur are siblings.

Really? hmm maybe I mixed it up with another show I'm watching.
Apr 30, 2009 3:54 PM
Aug 2008
I find I'm not really enjoying this series as much as others I'm watching. I like the characters and the plot, but my main (and only) problem with the show is Arawn. I really don't like him as the male lead, I would much prefer Arthur. Most shows like this would have him as the main character because he's the normal guy and viewers can relate somewhat to him.

With Arawn as the male lead I just really can't relate. The scene where he and Riannon are talking about Myrrdion (sp?) fell completely flat for me because of it.
Apr 30, 2009 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
What?!

This is a fantasy. How do you relate to a guy who is descended from elves and is fighting a war? Relatable and stereotypical are two different things. You like Arthur because he's the same as every other action lead...hot blooded and brainless.

It's not like Arawn's character is so original either, but he is normally relegated to being the protagonist's foil, or the snooty guy wearing glasses, so I give them golf claps for that.
Apr 30, 2009 7:48 PM
Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
What?!

This is a fantasy. How do you relate to a guy who is descended from elves and is fighting a war? Relatable and stereotypical are two different things. You like Arthur because he's the same as every other action lead...hot blooded and brainless.

It's not like Arawn's character is so original either, but he is normally relegated to being the protagonist's foil, or the snooty guy wearing glasses, so I give them golf claps for that.

See this is the thing - I usually don't like that kind of action lead. To use Bleach as an example, my favorite character is Ishida and I don't really like Ichigo. I can relate to Arthur because he's the normal one. He doesn't have any special powers, he's not some dark god or whatever (I haven't played the game so I don't know anything other than what we've seen in the show).

So yeah, I find it easier to relate to Arthur than Arawn. His lineage is irrelevant (he's a descendant of elves? I guess I missed that part), he's the normal guy of the group.
Apr 30, 2009 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
They just heavily talked about it in the episode. Arthur is the decendant of Prwyll or whatever who was the other guy besides Arawn that could open the gate of life...then we have the whole thing about him wanting to kill angels for killing his father (but revenge is a little more relatable).

Anyways, there's little difference between Ishida and Arawn. Ishida is some special form of superhuman which has all but died off. Ishida would pretty much react in much the same way if put in Arawn's position (except he may blush more).
May 1, 2009 6:24 AM

Oct 2007
SilentPredator03 said:
I find I'm not really enjoying this series as much as others I'm watching. I like the characters and the plot, but my main (and only) problem with the show is Arawn. I really don't like him as the male lead, I would much prefer Arthur. Most shows like this would have him as the main character because he's the normal guy and viewers can relate somewhat to him.

LOL it makes me wonder how many people can relate somewhat to Lelouch because they were watching Code Geass.

Your point makes me feel like you are trying to say a main character is everything to a show. Was there even is a point for having Ishida/Arthur being as the main character? Wasn't the whole point is that they are playing their role?

May 1, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2008
Even though there wasn't any action in this episode, it was still pretty decent. It introduced new characters and a new setting. It seems like the war for the island will begin in the next episode.
May 1, 2009 8:11 AM

Apr 2008
patient_senses said:
Even though there wasn't any action in this episode, it was still pretty decent. It introduced new characters and a new setting. It seems like the war for the island will begin in the next episode.
QFT
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
May 1, 2009 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Not very exciting episode, but nicely done nevertheless. Animation is still great and the show entertaining. One of he best this season
May 1, 2009 1:01 PM
Aug 2008
Christ, I can't believe I have to defend this...

noteDhero said:
They just heavily talked about it in the episode. Arthur is the decendant of Prwyll or whatever who was the other guy besides Arawn that could open the gate of life...then we have the whole thing about him wanting to kill angels for killing his father (but revenge is a little more relatable).

Anyways, there's little difference between Ishida and Arawn. Ishida is some special form of superhuman which has all but died off. Ishida would pretty much react in much the same way if put in Arawn's position (except he may blush more).

I got that he's descendant of this Pwyll guy, but I don't remember them saying he's from a line of elves. If they were, then that scene where Riannon, Morgan, and everyone were talking about elves and how Morgan didn't believe in elves wouldn't make any sense. If Arthur is descendant from an elf, then why was everyone acting so excited at the prospect of meeting elves? Why would Morgan say she didn't believe in elves if their first knight is an elf? That doesn't make sense.

Ishida is not an immortal and is not in anyway special in other than that he can manipulate rieatsu. He's also not the main character. Characters like Ishida and Arwan work better as the rival. And as much as I like Ishida, I don't think Bleach would work if he was the main focus of the show.

Siva said:

LOL it makes me wonder how many people can relate somewhat to Lelouch because they were watching Code Geass.

Lelouch was a normal high school student until he got the Geass.

Your point makes me feel like you are trying to say a main character is everything to a show. Was there even is a point for having Ishida/Arthur being as the main character? Wasn't the whole point is that they are playing their role?

I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Look, the point I'm trying to make is that I can't connect with Arwan as a character, because as an immortal dark god/whateverthehell I can't relate to him. Even in Code Geass when shit went crazy, something would happen to Lelouch that would remind you he was still a human being with feelings. Nunnally's only purpose in that show was to humanize Lelouch.

And the main character may not be the whole show, but it's a big fucking chunk of it.
May 1, 2009 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty sure they said Pwyll was king of the elves. Either that means he's an elf and he's the king, or he's the conquer of the elves. Either way though, I don't think it matters. I'm going to guess that everyone was excited because they've never seen a full-blooded elf before, and only know of myths. That seemed pretty clear to me.

No, Ishida is not immortal, that is the only difference. That special part is a big deal, SilentPreadator. That's like saying the only thing special about Arawn is that he's immortal. He, like Arawn I'm guessing is the last of his bloodline, and I'm going to guess that Arawn (once he figures out exactly what happened) like Ishida holds a bit of a grudge about it. Ok, then that is absolutely your take on Bleach, but it doesn't really change the fact that Arthur was not going to marry his sister and become the village chief...only Arawn was going to do that. Couple that with the fact that this war seems to be more about whatever happened in the past with Arawn, and you have a pretty good reason for Arawn to be the lead. Arawn isn't trying to be a rival, he's merely dealing with his presence in the world. If you can't find that interesting, then I guess you should stick to even more forumlaic shows.

Yes, Lelouch, 10th (or whatever) emperial child of Britannia, who's mother was mudered (but transplanted into the consciousness of a little girl), thereby leading him to the desire of committing patricide, biding his time gambling against adults under the guise of a normal Brittanian was a normal high school student until he got the Geass is a normal high school student.

Finally, looking at your favorite character list, you have two characters who are almost completely unrelatable protagonists: The sociopathic Light, and the practical robot Makoto Kusanagi.

I don't really know what to say. This is a fantasy, and as in all fantasies, the main character is thrown into a world of which he has either forgotton, or changed completely and has to cope with that. Arawn isn't technically immortal (old guy said he has to take care of his body since he was brought back to life too early, and he got injured) either, so the only thing that I can guess that you have a problem with is you lack of willingness to suspend disbelief.
noteDheroMay 1, 2009 1:23 PM
May 1, 2009 1:23 PM

Oct 2007
SilentPredator03 said:
Siva said:

Lelouch was a normal high school student until he got the Geass.

LOL I must be misunderstood Lelouch for something. What was the reason he became a normal high school in the first place?

I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Look, the point I'm trying to make is that I can't connect with Arwan as a character, because as an immortal dark god/whateverthehell I can't relate to him. Even in Code Geass when shit went crazy, something would happen to Lelouch that would remind you he was still a human being with feelings. Nunnally's only purpose in that show was to humanize Lelouch.

And the main character may not be the whole show, but it's a big fucking chunk of it.
Wasn't your point here is, "If I can't relate to the main character, this show is not my thing" ?

May 2, 2009 8:19 AM
Aug 2008
Alright you two, I'm just going to stop here. I'm too old to be getting into arguments on the internet and frankly, I don't care enough to keep this going. noteDhero, I'm not saying that Arthur should marry his sister or whatever. I do find the concept interesting, that's why I'm watching it. I would find this more enjoyable if they kept everything the same and just told the story from Arthur's perspective.

Yes, Lelouch had some crazy shit happen in his past, but you don't find that out until later.

That fact that I like Light and Motoko has no bearing on my liking this anime. Light is actually fairly relatable (I could understand why he did what he did) and Ghost in the Shell is an ensemble show with the focus switching between characters (and the entire cast is strong enough for that to work).

Tears to Tiara isn't a bad show, from what I've seen so far. I just think I would like it more if it was told from Arthur's perspective.
May 2, 2009 9:06 AM

Aug 2008
Ha. No problem. I don't think Tears is a great show either, it's mediocre. I'm just saying that it's strange that you can't get into the show because of Arawn when he follows most of the standards for protagonists in a fantasy.
May 2, 2009 1:56 PM
Jun 2007
Arthur sucks. I feel like punching him whenever I hear his voice. He will never get a pussy til the end of series. Arawn gets all the cookies, no?
May 2, 2009 5:20 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:

oh yeah you are right,i didn't notice it^^
May 2, 2009 10:39 PM

Dec 2007
While the episode was decent, the story is interesting because I can tell you that next episode may be enjoyable. Arthur is annoying character as always.
gameoffreak8May 2, 2009 11:25 PM
May 2, 2009 11:06 PM

Jun 2007
Drengot said:
Arthur sucks. I feel like punching him whenever I hear his voice. He will never get a pussy til the end of series. Arawn gets all the cookies, no?

Arawn is a prick that I want to punch in the face. Arthur is just plain annoying because he hasn't been laid. I'm sure if he had a g/f or wife he'd mellow out.
May 4, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Hm... nothing special but I think this episode was okay.
May 5, 2009 8:37 AM

Aug 2008
It was really a dull episode. I know that it will take a lot of episodes before this show will get more interesting. I guess I have to bear with it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully, we can see more direction in terms of story and character development. Not to mention, we are missing the action scenes again.

May 16, 2009 6:01 PM

Oct 2008
Kingdom of Albion..

Yousei Magic..

The cuteness will soon end, once the Holy Empire strikes..
Jun 6, 2009 12:19 AM

May 2008
othing special just some more development, character intros and town showing. What I liked: Morgan getting scared of some birds in the forest, LOL. Albion and whole town. Intro of the youseis Ermin Limwris
Jun 27, 2009 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
Was a nice episode always wanted to see avalon fully animated. A suprised with the pace of the story, would have expected to see gaius a few eps later. Am actually glad they skipped a few boring things from the game.
Aug 5, 2009 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
Pwyll and Arawn scene, I think this is just a flashback but its a good thing they put up with before going further the episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 11, 2009 11:50 PM
Jul 2009
the main problem i'm having with this show is that arawn is too ordinary atm... all he seems to do is go around forgiving people for actions they shouldn't have done because he's actually this great dude from 1000 years ago and they fall over themselves worshiping him. it's kinda annoying...
Aug 8, 2010 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
Gah, I like the more retarded looking Ermin that overly-obsesses about food a lot more. The item shop Epona was better too, but only because you actually stole her stuff in the VN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2010
liked this episode, and erwin is adorable, lol expecially when she said "arwarn-sama?"

Feb 17, 2012 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
Boring episode... Though maybe just more "slow-moving" than "boring"?

The costumes keep me entertained. I like the character and costume designs, even though I know in reality such clothing would just be a hindrance in fighting... XD (Which it never seems to become in anime... probably because of the anime laws of physics, hah.)
Sep 24, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2009
i wanted to like this anime seemed good but i just lost interest.
Jan 11, 2014 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Nothing happened but 3 more girls for the harem, one is another klutz and the other are as moe as rhiannon, ugh.

And if you are going to call them elves, then at least give them the ears.
Feb 4, 2014 4:07 AM

Aug 2013
They finally get a new home and a castle to boot. I was kind of bored with this episode but looks like it'll pick up the pace on the next one.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 28, 2014 2:26 AM

Jan 2011
Teared up a bit when they were talking about Myrrdin, knowing the whole story just adds a couple of layers to understanding what is going on behind that poker face that Arawn maintains. Two important points have been raised in this episode, Arthur hates the White Angels, and Arawn doesn't appear to have much use for omnipotent gods like the one worshiped by the Holy Empire.

The first elves show up in this episode. We have the two house elves (Brownies) and Epona is one of the shoe-making, clothes-making elves sometimes called Leprechauns in Irish folklore. As many of the good people do, they look very human, although Epona looks a little like a loli, she's actually mature. Ermin on the other hand is comparatively young.

For those wondering about how they kill the crabs, in the game levels are gained by fighting humans, monsters or animals. Crabs and boars provide basic combat and grinding at the lower levels--so you end up killing a lot of them--over and over again as you grind up to gain stats. As to what the sleeping arrangements are at the castle: Arawn sleeps alone. However...

Eroge Note
rodacSep 28, 2014 2:42 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 11, 2014 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
dont like arthhur....
Jan 17, 2016 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
This is still moving along at a good pace. They have already changed locations. Some demon king this pushover is.
Apr 6, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode for a change, I really like it. The scene where Arawn and Riannon were talking Myrrdin was pretty solid.

Limwris and Ermin introductions were kinda shallow but with Epona they did well. Morgan and Arthur got totally wasted during the feast as they tried to challenge Ogam to drinking match - we didn't see that but at least they kinda shown the results on Morgan and Epona.

I just hope upcoming episodes won't feel so randomly glued together as this one sure did.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.