Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2009 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
tolkki said:

Apparently Fender makes Les Paul's now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now THAT'S something I didn't notice. Quite an attention to detail on your part though Oo. One would imagine after apparently licensing all those names though, such things like that wouldn't happen. Ah well. Doesn't detract from my unconditional love for this show.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 10, 2009 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Wow.. They did this episode a little differently from the manga but it worked well. This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 10, 2009 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
@tolkki:

The ED shows the brand Gibson. I remember seeing that when first ep came out, and I just double checked and it's still the case.

I don't understand how they did this kind of mistake, but oh well, it's not like it ruins an anime. They didn't double check efficiently is all.

「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 10, 2009 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I liked episode. But previous one was better. :P
Apr 10, 2009 9:32 AM

Jun 2008
Oh my goodness Yui is so fucking cute.

Mio is moe in general, but because of all this absurd fandom I feel any screentime she is getting is fanservice, I don't have anything against her or the fact that she's getting alot of it. I just feel it's so unfair for little Yui.

I like the show though, it's funny and has cute-overload all over it.

<3
Apr 10, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
...Mio was so cute here. <3 And so was Yui.

lol @ Mugi and her bargaining. It was too cute. C:

Am looking forward to seeing Yui actually rock out on the guitar. <3

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Apr 10, 2009 9:56 AM

May 2008
I really likes this episode. Yui-chan is so cute ^^. But overall my fave atm is mio -chan bassist ftw. Im starting to think of this as a haruhi/kannagi cross breed lol
Apr 10, 2009 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
yunadestined said:
This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!

This is what I would've said. I was giggling all over the place C:
Apr 10, 2009 10:01 AM

Feb 2009
Kirky said:
yunadestined said:
This episode had way too many cute moments that I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire duration I was watching. Love it!

This is what I would've said. I was giggling all over the place C:

this episode was full of win. the guitar buying sequences totally reminded me of beck. this anime makes me giggle like a little girl..... mio is fucking amazing, thats why everyone is in love with her ^_^
Apr 10, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Kittenia said:
Mio is moe in general, but because of all this absurd fandom I feel any screentime she is getting is fanservice, I don't have anything against her or the fact that she's getting alot of it.

I feel the same. She is adorable though.

Moe-overload episode as expected. Eyebrows-tan bargaining was great. I'm starting to like her a lot more now. She's still a bit close to Takara Miyuki's personality for me to really be a fan of her though. I still like the ED more than the show itself but this is growing on me.
Apr 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Oct 2008
Oh my god Yui is so moooooooeeeee
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Apr 10, 2009 11:30 AM

Feb 2009
This wasn't as good as the first episode but it was still quite enjoyable.
Apr 10, 2009 11:34 AM

Mar 2009
This episode was awesome 8D

Really loved the part where Yui slept with the guitar xD
Apr 10, 2009 12:19 PM

Jul 2008
Im sticking with it... loved the episode...
Apr 10, 2009 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
Yui sleeping with the guitar KAWAII XD
Apr 10, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2007
another great episode and was so funny with Mio and her imagination about getting part time jobs XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2009 1:28 PM

Aug 2007
Mio <3
Apr 10, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
Mio is just too cute. lol The scene with smoke coming out of her head, was too moe. lol

lol, I never knew Mugi had so much connections. lol.

When will Yui stop freeloading off the cakes? lol
Apr 10, 2009 2:03 PM

Apr 2008
It was a better episode than the first. Much funnier, I actually laughed this time. Animation still to me is kind of iffy. It might be the style but it's not blowing my mind but maybe that's because I'm coming off the visual experience known as Michiko e Hatchin.

Nice catch with the Fender thing lol. Someone please tell me when did a Gibson Les Paul become a cute guitar? Don't ever recall Mike Campbell calling his gold painted one from the 70s and 80s kawaii
Apr 10, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
so they finally got the guitar, btw how much exactly is 80,000 yen? what 80$ u.s.? anyways they also learned an important lesson, turn the volume down before unplugging! also i really like the ED to this, its kind of catchy i guess you could say
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 10, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
kage-bunshin said:
so they finally got the guitar, btw how much exactly is 80,000 yen? what 80$ u.s.? anyways they also learned an important lesson, turn the volume down before unplugging! also i really like the ED to this, its kind of catchy i guess you could say

It's not exact but you can see 100 yen = around 1$ (+ or - like 25%)

A guitar of 250 000 yen would cost around 2 500$ who is a decent price imo for a good quality guitar. They managed to get it for around 500$ lol, I like discount like that.

This episode was lol and yeah Mio is great.

Apr 10, 2009 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Smiled all way through episode. :-D
Apr 10, 2009 2:33 PM

Dec 2008
250 000 yen guitar is 1 750 dollars.
It ended up going to 50 000 yen, so the guitar costed something like 350 dollars.

And yeah, a Les Paul being 'cute' is a bit weird, but since it's coming out of a girl I can't say it's unusual.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 10, 2009 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
LOWER!

It just gets better and better. Mio and Yui are so cute.

Apr 10, 2009 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
lol @ filler section. The light Music member don't really get a part time job. :P

we need more Mio.
Apr 10, 2009 2:47 PM

Sep 2008
I really like Mio ^^ she's just like me with the shyness and all lol. Except my head doesn't explode... because I'm not an anime character :( .....xD

Apr 10, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
As a guitarist I kind of raged this episode.
I noticed the Fender Les Paul as well....moh
K-ON! will only contribute more to the growing sales of Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Yamaha, etc.

Not saying I don't like the show. I absolutely love it. My guilty pleasure this season.

Apr 10, 2009 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
If my head could blow up from moe overload, like Mio's did, I'd be in real trouble right now.

Loved, loved this episode.
Apr 10, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
I liked this episode more than the last one. It was interesting to see the girls get a job. I loved seeing them counting the clouds and replying through pressing the button. Since things like that happen very often when having a job such as that.
Apr 10, 2009 3:36 PM
Jul 2008
Mio head exploding, Yui unplugging the amp, Mugi owning the music store, and Ritsu playing the on the clickers! Wooo
Apr 10, 2009 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Ha... eighth notes and quarter notes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2009 3:39 PM

May 2008
I enjoyed this episode soo much.Mio is sooo moe with all her shyness.She kinda reminds me of myself when i get shy and imagining what will happen xD.I also love the part when her head explodes because of imagining too much~Damn cute >_< Bass players always wins the show.

The episode was great and I'm starting to like Tsugumi <3 Lmao at the bargaining scene when the counter guy was looking at her eye brows and got shocked because she's the daughter of their company's owner or something .It made me LOL xD I hope i have a friend who could bargain just like Tsugumi.

Yui playing air guitar was Lmao <3 I'm looking forward to how she improves playing her guitar.

Anways,This episode is fun to watch and ii seriously enjoyed listening to the OP and the ED.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Love is filled with mystery
Apr 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
The exploding part was awesome !! Tough A little scary. I also loved how Tsugumi, is the daughter of the owner of the shop. And she does not even know it !! xD that was really funny. Well all in all, great episode. :) it's like lucky star but with a plot !! :O
Apr 10, 2009 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
I loved that episode. =)

I thought it was funny when the pianist started playing the counter. ;p
Looking forward to more episodes
Apr 10, 2009 4:35 PM
May 2008
Rantzoid said:
Mio is sooo moe with all her shyness.

It surprised me that she was the lead in the ending credits the first time I saw it, cause from what I saw of her in the first episode, she didn't seem the centre of attention type.

But I adore Tsugumi even more now. She's the gentle behind the scenes kind of character which I find really interesting, but is still up for doing anything. I also found Yui's attention span dangerously cute.
Apr 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know why but I have a feeling megane girl is going to kill Yui for ditching her. School Days effect?
Apr 10, 2009 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
Not as boring as the first episode, however still likely to drop after another 1-2 more.
Apr 10, 2009 4:40 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. My guitar for 350$! That's pretty cheap since I got it for more than $1000. :P

Yui is so MOE!
Apr 10, 2009 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Another great episode; I am enjoying this moefest :)

Yui is awesome. I like how her younger sister, Ui, knows more about life than she does. It sort of reminds me of Tenma and Yakumo from School Rumble.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 10, 2009 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
interesting episode. I cracked up about the occupational disease part :P
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 10, 2009 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
This show is going to be exhausting. The characters are frustratingly cute, I just don't know what to do.

And then there's this:
Apr 10, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
pandaman0529 said:
As a guitarist I kind of raged this episode.
I noticed the Fender Les Paul as well....moh
K-ON! will only contribute more to the growing sales of Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Yamaha, etc.

I didn't know what to do with the Les Paul being a fender.It through me off and I had to rewatch it just to make sure my eyes were playing a trick on me.

Besides that I loved the episode :)
Apr 10, 2009 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
Even after watching the ending more than 100 times, it's still awesome XD
Mio is full of win.
Man I really want to get a bass and learn how to play now -.-

Banner made by suikka
Apr 10, 2009 6:38 PM

Mar 2008
Great ep, again.. KyoAni rocks too hard. I noticed something in between.. Mio said she was very shy and that's why she preferres bass over guitar, but in the ED she's kinda in the center of attention. Maybe something that develops in the future regarding more Mio moe-ness? ^^ Can't wait till the next ep ;D
"Asa! Asa daiyo! Asagohan tabete! Gakou iku yo!"
Apr 10, 2009 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
I swear if I see the word "moe" again, my head will probably explode a million times like mio :(

I want to know if there are any GIRLS out there like me who just enjoy this anime for non-moe reasons. I'm not denying the fact that each character is cute in their own way. But seriously this word "moe" is started to annoy me :(

Oh a lighter note, this episode was just as great (if not better) than the first epi!! I really love the friendship growing between the four :D

Mio is absolutely >ADORABLE< and yui was just funny with her obsessing over her guitar without practicing, I laughed a bit when her sister found her sleeping with it XD

The clicker scenes are absolutely hilarious especially when they started to click other things. I used to work with clickers, those are fun...but yes, overtime it gets tiring XD. And let's not forget Ritsu's random drumming...on clickers XD hahahaha~
Apr 10, 2009 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
hmm i think this show is really average and i can tell its already going to be EXTREMELY overated by the fans (is to be expected with kyoto animation series -_-) i just don't see why people love them as much as they do. but don't get me wrong the series is fun and entertaining just not anything special or unique really. i also really hate yui shes just stupid and lame. just cause shes moe doesen't make her awesome. i do like the other 3 quite a bit though. i guess i will watch this too the end for fun.
Apr 10, 2009 7:01 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
I swear if I see the word "moe" again, my head will probably explode a million times like mio :(

I want to know if there are any GIRLS out there like me who just enjoy this anime for non-moe reasons. I'm not denying the fact that each character is cute in their own way. But seriously this word "moe" is started to annoy me :(

Oh a lighter note, this episode was just as great (if not better) than the first epi!! I really love the friendship growing between the four :D

Mio is absolutely >ADORABLE< and yui was just funny with her obsessing over her guitar without practicing, I laughed a bit when her sister found her sleeping with it XD

The clicker scenes are absolutely hilarious especially when they started to click other things. I used to work with clickers, those are fun...but yes, overtime it gets tiring XD. And let's not forget Ritsu's random drumming...on clickers XD hahahaha~

Me like it not only for cute
also like for instruments and just music. Is cute yes, but is also musical.
Apr 10, 2009 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
japanme32 said:
robbydesu said:

Me like it not only for cute
also like for instruments and just music. Is cute yes, but is also musical.

Moe is...cute...unless you have another definition of moe that I don't want to know about x.X

But I watch this show because it was about music, and I'm a music geek...

Banner made by suikka
Apr 10, 2009 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
hmm i think this show is really average and i can tell its already going to be EXTREMELY overated by the fans (is to be expected with kyoto animation series -_-) i just don't see why people love them as much as they do. but don't get me wrong the series is fun and entertaining just not anything special or unique really. i also really hate yui shes just stupid and lame. just cause shes moe doesen't make her awesome. i do like the other 3 quite a bit though. i guess i will watch this too the end for fun.

You know... I've written way too many posts on refuting people's views such as yours... I don't feel like writing them as in depths anymore. Condensed: Why do you care that people have different tastes? I love everything that I've seen by KyoAni. I may look at your list and say all your favorite anime are totally overrated. What would that solve?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.