MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Second Airing of Haruhi Is Confirmed To Be a 28 Episode Series

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
#1
04-02-09, 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
Online magazine Gigazine inquired from TV Saitama about the "reairing" of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and confirmed there will be 28 episodes. The staff of TV Saitama didn't know the order of the episodes and when the new episodes will be aired.

Source: Gigazine

J-Cast also interviewed TV Saitama and reported that the new episodes will be aired after the final episode of the first season. However, J-Cast suggested that we must stay alert until the new episode is actually aired considering the previous trolls of Kadokawa.

Source: J-Cast

=============
The first episode of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" was re-aired on Sun TV channel on April 3rd. It was the episode 1 in the chronological order "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu I". The animation of the main story was switched with the DVD version. The OP and ED animation were the same as the previous airing.

Source: Screenshot of the program
Source: Screenshot of the OP
Source: Screenshot of the ED

The name of Yamamoto Yutaka remained in the credit as the series organizer.

Source: Screenshot of the credit

There was no preview of the next episode.

Source: Screenshot of the end of the program
Modified by dtshyk, 04-03-09, 1:01 AM
 
#2
04-02-09, 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 379
O_O
 
#3
04-02-09, 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4533
Well, there's also this: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/

Don't blame me if this is just another troll.

Was it broadcast in some sort of HD?
 
#4
04-02-09, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2520
I don't get it, I just don't get it...
My anime list
 
#5
04-02-09, 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 370
ohh? This the wierd anime that had all the episodesin a strange order? So people made a how to watch it in chronological order?
Guess re airing it makes it easier.
x


>Inviting people to Lockerz, Pm if you want in<
 
#6
04-02-09, 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 18
mitamaking said:
I don't get it, I just don't get it...


Me neither...

Why would they rerun it in chronological order, the only thing you get then are 6 more or less mediocre story episodes followed by 8 useless filler episodes.
Not that that is any different from the non-chronological order, the only thing is that the filler and story episodes are a bit jumbled around.
The Only People That Face Reality Are The Ones That Are Too Stupid To Duck When They See It Coming.
How much wood would a wood chipper chip if a wood chipper could chip chipmunks?
 
#7
04-02-09, 9:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 71
This is world-shattering news fully worthy of its own news thread!
 
#8
04-02-09, 9:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
I still hope that they will insert new episodes during the rerun.
 
#9
04-02-09, 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 14
sledger198 said:
I still hope that they will insert new episodes during the rerun.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090402

LOL TROLLANI
 
04-02-09, 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
smoopfs said:
sledger198 said:
I still hope that they will insert new episodes during the rerun.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090402

LOL TROLLANI


Calm down. The MOONPHASE info is based on a sourceless 2ch post. It's too unreliable.
 
04-02-09, 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 14
dtshyk said:
smoopfs said:
sledger198 said:
I still hope that they will insert new episodes during the rerun.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090402

LOL TROLLANI


Calm down. The MOONPHASE info is based on a sourceless 2ch post. It's too unreliable.


just feeling hopelessly optimistic <('o'<)

lol you should see what's going on at /a/ right now.
 
04-02-09, 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 303
There's news about an show that's currenlty re-running on japanese television?

Wow.. I thought the News Section was actually getting better and more usefull...

... *sighs*
 
04-02-09, 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1142
Well, think about it this way: If I had no other thing to do when this airs, I'd be glad to rewatch it. Plus, I haven't seen it in chronogical order yet (not that it matters...)

Xenzio said:
There's news about an show that's currenlty re-running on japanese television?

Wow.. I thought the News Section was actually getting better and more usefull...

... *sighs*
You don't know hom many flame posts, speculations, etc. has this reairing started right? This confirms that it is indeed a simple reairing with no important changes.
 
04-02-09, 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
smoopfs said:
dtshyk said:
smoopfs said:
sledger198 said:
I still hope that they will insert new episodes during the rerun.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090402

LOL TROLLANI


Calm down. The MOONPHASE info is based on a sourceless 2ch post. It's too unreliable.


just feeling hopelessly optimistic <('o'<)

lol you should see what's going on at /a/ right now.

Yes, I want to be optimistic as well. I've been waiting for that f*cking 2nd season for like 3 years now. KyoAni isn't the one who's trolling. It's Kadokawa and their bad marketing strategy.
 
04-02-09, 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1933
Am I the only one who was expecting them to announce the second season on April 1st and for everyone to think it was a joke but it's actually real?

Er... yeah... Wishful thinking.

Znips: I always think that when Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
 
04-02-09, 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 177
I feel sorry for Haruhi's fanatics...
 
04-02-09, 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 56
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Am I the only one who was expecting them to announce the second season on April 1st and for everyone to think it was a joke but it's actually real?

That already happened before 1 April. >.>
 
04-02-09, 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 285
Wake me up, when new episode is released U_U
 
04-02-09, 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4503
3rr0R said:
Wake me up, when new episode is released U_U


I hear ya. I don't know if I can have my hopes and dreams crushed once again. I'll be chilln' till if it happens.
 
04-02-09, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1519
lets see how this will turn out~~


 
04-02-09, 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2320
Should I watch this again?
Click on any of the 3 below to feed them.

 
04-02-09, 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 27
I DEMAND MORE WILD SPECULATION!!!!!!

 
04-02-09, 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4256
I can't decide if I still care or not. On one hand, I loved the first season. On the other hand, all this back and forth news regarding it is driving me insane. Interspersing the second season with the first seems like an utter mistake, so I can really only hope that Summer brings us good news.

Blah. Let's just hope Kadokawa doesn't Nice Boat us again.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
 
04-02-09, 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 817
Face it, Haruhi S2 is never gonna air, XD

If i does, tell me about it. RAWS, or it never happens.
 
04-02-09, 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3483
What? Why is this a big deal? Because it was rerun in Japan? Are reruns a big deal there or something?
 
04-02-09, 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 113
Honestly I dont much care for the chronological order, because there are like 3 episodes in a row that just blast plot at you. But when the order is mixed up, you dont get punched in the face with so much plot. Its easier to watch out of order.
 
04-02-09, 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4328
Interesting. =o
 
04-02-09, 2:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1661
So it was only a rerun. T-T
*Goes to corner and cries*
Johnny Hunter, Megamurican!!


(Haruhi's Biggest Fan Husband Right Here!)
 
04-02-09, 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 756
This new haruhi season will be 28 episodes, the 14 from the original broadcast, and the 14 is probably new episodes that make up the 2nd season.
Personally, i think this 28 episodes with new 14 episodes is true.
And i think they are airing all 28 episodes in random order like in the original broadcast. Maybe its a new way to see the Haruhi "world."
so the next aired episode might be episode 20 in chronological order or something

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/02/haruhi-second-season-airs-with-rerun/
 
04-02-09, 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6


Sanakaku Complex....and On April 1st...the air is thick w irony.THICK.

KyoAni is milking whatever it can get from the franchise's imminent demise. The last 2 Haruhi games were also dismal, dismal failures. Make of that what you will. The NA book is a joke, dumbed down for the English speaking public...Haruhi is like "totally" a valley girl.

Season 2 is on semi-permanent hiatus due to negotiation breakdowns between Nagaru and Kadokowan over licensing and royalty rights.

V10 of the book is on semi vacation due to Nagaru either having
1. Written himself into a corner *read v9 and youll see it.*
2.Writers Block *lol*
3. Has it completed but due to royalty negotiation breakdowns....
4. or Nagaru being a %$^%$head *possibly due to 3.*

*sorry, spelling errors*
Modified by gisele_alain, 04-02-09, 2:39 PM
 
04-02-09, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4739
kyoani is a known troll
 
04-02-09, 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 548
and this is news because...........???


edit: just realised that the topic has now changed. Now its certainly interesting, but i wont believe it until i see it
Modified by 5hRreDDy, 04-03-09, 5:20 PM


 
04-02-09, 3:58 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6922
5hRreDDy said:
and this is news because...........???
It isn't... that's the funny part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
04-02-09, 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5683
Oh... I thought they were going to air "Densetsu no Mikuru" but it appears that they aired episode I instead but why...? I would understand if it was aired on April 1st but..

I have no idea why Kadokawa decided to do this, hmm...

So, there will not be a second season... And there will not be a second episode.. Now what?
 
04-02-09, 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4533
5hRreDDy said:
and this is news because...........???
Why is anything news? Because people care about it. You may not care about it, but others do.

The reason people care is that Kyoani/Kadokawa/whatever have been teasing us about Haruhi season 2 for about 2-3 years. Some people thought this episode might be a new episode of Haruhi, i.e. season 2, earlier reports indicated another episode from season 1 would be reaired. Now that we know for sure, it's only natural to report it. If you don't care, ignore it, just like you ignore everything else in the news you don't care about.

Bottom line: This is definately news, even if it is for fucked up reasons.
 
04-02-09, 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
anastusfocht said:


The NA book is a joke, dumbed down for the English speaking public...Haruhi is like "totally" a valley girl.



did you read the NA book because the book was not "dumbed down"
 
04-02-09, 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
kuroshiroi said:
5hRreDDy said:
and this is news because...........???
Why is anything news? Because people care about it. You may not care about it, but others do.

The reason people care is that Kyoani/Kadokawa/whatever have been teasing us about Haruhi season 2 for about 2-3 years. Some people thought this episode might be a new episode of Haruhi, i.e. season 2, earlier reports indicated another episode from season 1 would be reaired. Now that we know for sure, it's only natural to report it. If you don't care, ignore it, just like you ignore everything else in the news you don't care about.

Bottom line: This is definately news, even if it is for fucked up reasons.


Thanks for the clarification. There had been so much fuss over the outcome of this "re-airing". There could have been a total remake of the first season, new OP and ED sequences, change in the credit, or another shuffling of the episodes etc. etc.

Personally, it's interesting to know the difference in the attitude toward this news between Japanese and non-Japanese anime fans. This news is the biggest topic of the week (or of the month) for Japanese and reported by many news websites but a good number of MAL users didn't find it even newswrothy. Maybe because MAL users are already tired of dancing with Kadokawa's trolls?

===============
Another guy inquired from TV Saitama and received the same information.
Nanami said:

14 episodes of the first season (with some remake) + 14 new episodes


Source: Nanamibeya

Getting realistic? Taking the chronological episode 1 into account, they meant airing of the DVD version by "remake".
Modified by dtshyk, 04-02-09, 8:24 PM
 
04-02-09, 6:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1344
Its hilarious the hype they are creadting around Haruhi... Now they troll all fans with the Re-Air in Chronological order... Like saying "Yeah you can't put it in chrono order so we hype a bit about S2 make you all happy and then SHAZAM! S1 in Chrono order".

Since i never though Haruhi as a big deal, its cool for me but all my friends that are die-hard fans for haruhi had literally their balls falling off...
 
04-02-09, 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 590
I'm going to slap a bitch.


 
04-02-09, 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4256
dtshyk said:
Personally, it's interesting to know the difference in the attitude toward this news between Japanese and non-Japanese anime fans. This news is the biggest topic of the week (or of the month) for Japanese and reported by many news websites but a good number of MAL users didn't find it even newswrothy. Maybe because MAL users are already tired of dancing with Kadokawa's trolls?


Don't worry dtshyk, I thought it was news worthy <3

Kadokawa is evil though, they play with my heart like it's silly putty.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
 
04-02-09, 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 453
The new haruhi will air when the world comes to a end u_u
*sighs*
 
04-02-09, 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
I didn't notice but the girl in the background picture of the sponsor credit is not wearing the uniform of Kita High.

Screenshot of the end of the program

It looks like the uniform of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Ref. Haruhi in "Disappearance" uniform


Modified by dtshyk, 04-02-09, 9:51 PM
 
04-02-09, 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7413
why are people complaining about this not being newsworthy? i think it is, and i also think it's interesting to note the similarities and differences. kyoani are such trolls that changes like the one dtshyk reported above can give clues about the elusive second season.

if you don't care, just scroll past~
 
04-02-09, 9:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 45
Interesting...
 
04-02-09, 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 16529
Watching them in order is more fun, imo. I bought the DVDs and watched them all in order, and I don't see how watching a series out of order could make it any better.
I'm back.
 
04-02-09, 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 636
Uh, reruns happen a lot in other channels. What makes Haruhi reruns especial?

I'd love to watch it, if they atleast improved the OP and ED.

Haruhi Season 2 is a must though.

 
04-02-09, 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7413
Ryuukishi said:
Uh, reruns happen a lot in other channels. What makes Haruhi reruns especial?
cuz it's haruhi, and there was the misunderstanding about this reairing being the second season.
 
04-02-09, 11:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
windy said:
Ryuukishi said:
Uh, reruns happen a lot in other channels. What makes Haruhi reruns especial?
cuz it's haruhi, and there was the misunderstanding about this reairing being the second season.


Ryuukishi, you are fortunate not to have been exposed to Kadokawa's nasty trolls. They'd never called this series a "reairing" (rather called it "Aratamete" meaning all over again) and shut out any other information from the media. So some TV companies designated it as a new series.
 
04-02-09, 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 26
dtshyk said:
I didn't notice but the girl in the background picture of the sponsor credit is not wearing the uniform of Kita High.

Screenshot of the end of the program

It looks like the uniform of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Ref. Haruhi in "Disappearance" uniform






I gave moar light to the pic, and it actually looks like the uniform but the color is different, also i wonder about the 'thing' on her shoulder, is it her hair or a hand? XDD


 
04-03-09, 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 498
dtshyk said:
Online magazine Gigazine inquired from TV Saitama about the "reairing" of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and confirmed there will be 28 episodes. The staff of TV Saitama didn't know the order of the episodes and when the new episodes will be aired


What in the hell is happening over in Japan? Are they showing the 2nd season after the first, mixing in the 2nd season, or are they going to show the first in chronological order and broadcast order right after?
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »