Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Fate/stay night' TV Anime Announced For Fall 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2014 8:20 AM
Aug 2012
ssjokg said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:
It was further stated that Shirou Emiya will play a more central role in the new seriesL

Didnt he already have that?He was the MMC in all 3 routes,YOU ARE HIM for 95% of the game.

So is it going to another soulless husk of the character named Shiro again? Guess we won't see him getting any justice. So what's next...........are they going to announce that Saber's bust size has increased?
HOw the hell did you get that from what it was said about Shirou?

Weird as it sounds, having a more centralrole, it is like stating that they will focus on him.

Well i guess i got too depressed................i really wanted to see him portrayed properly.

Bakura said:
A Fate Stay/Night whiteout Shirou is not possible? :(

In your dreams!!!

Jan 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:
Well I guess this means that it is not a remake and that I have to go watch the original Fate stay/Night. Considering the various mediocre things I've heard and the fact that I have already watched Fate Zero...sigh
or you know... go read the VN instead?

I know. I have considered it after watching Fate Zero but VN take a lot time. However i'll just need to find the time to get to that.
Better to find time for the VN than watching the anime and THEN reading it.
Jan 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
PTW/10

Really keen for this, would really like to see some art too!
Jan 28, 2014 8:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights
Honestly I'd say it is. Well okay not the 'selling point' per se, but it was at least what made F/SN as good as it was. It's not like the story is bonkers amazing by itself, nor is it particularly emotional however when it kicked up the action it just had this aura of being awesome. At least that's where the enjoyment value came in, which of course was emphasized by the entire system. It's more like the Servant fights was what brought out all the components of the setting itself to its potential.

ed: well okay UBW was great in a lot more ways but that's only one third of it
Jan 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights.
And there is Kirei vs Kiritsugu,Berserker vs Gil,Kiritusgu vs Kayneth.....

from what ive seen of the Fate franchise it looked like fighting was the selling point
Kirei vs Kiritsugu was ok the few moments they were fighting instead of talking, i wasnt annoyed that the fight got interrupted cause almost every other fight in Zero got interrupted before so i was expecting that, Berserk vs Gil was an entertaining CG fest with a rather lame conclusion, Kayneth fight was actually quite decent, no complains about that one
Jan 28, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:
Well I guess this means that it is not a remake and that I have to go watch the original Fate stay/Night. Considering the various mediocre things I've heard and the fact that I have already watched Fate Zero...sigh

I know. I have considered it after watching Fate Zero but VN take a lot time. However i'll just need to find the time to get to that.

F/SN is split up into "days", so what I recommend doing is read a in game day every day or so. Of course, that is easier said than done given how addicting this VN can be once it gets going.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

from what ive seen of the Fate franchise it looked like fighting was the selling point
Kirei vs Kiritsugu was ok the few moments they were fighting instead of talking

If by fate franchise you only mean FZ, it is just that unlike FSN's anime it had great animation and it did look epic.And because whenever someone was disappointed that "it was all talk" everyone was saying to wait for the eps that had fights.
Power levels are more of a selling point in Type Moon...and you dont even need scenes for those(including manga,VN etc)

They didnt talk to each other, not even once, before waking up from the dream.
Jan 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

Exactly. That's the reason why I've put off watching the original for so long. Until I get to play the VN or watch a remake. Even with a remake I'd still go read the VN.

insan3Spectre said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

F/SN is split up into "days", so what I recommend doing is read a in game day every day or so. Of course, that is easier said than done given how addicting this VN can be once it gets going.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :D

Moderator Edit
Please do not double post~
Suzune-chanJan 28, 2014 12:35 PM
Jan 28, 2014 8:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sovietcong said:
insan3Spectre said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

the days are extremely varied for actual playtime though
Jan 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere.

DROPPED.
Jan 28, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
Vladz0r said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere.

DROPPED.
YOU MAD?
Sovietcong said:
ssjokg said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

Exactly. That's the reason why I've put off watching the original for so long. Until I get to play the VN or watch a remake. Even with a remake I'd still go read the VN.

Not that FAte/Hollow Ataraxia is at 99.9% translation,needs some validation and it even has voice acting coming with the PSVIta port ,I guess waiting a bit is a good choice.
Jan 28, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2007
I was so focused on which of the 3 routes they would go with and never considered a "new" story so not sure how I feel about this. In a way he is probably mixing elements from the 3 routes, but having it better written than Deen's anime. Which is good.

At least now I have more reason to finish the VN....and plenty of time to save money in case I wanna buy this too!!! :D
Jan 28, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
Vladz0r said:

DROPPED.

I don't believe that it's reasonable to drop an adaptation (probably funded by a couple million dollars knowing Ufoable and the cash they've reeled in from Zero) that'll be better than 99.9% of what'll be airing this year, but then again its your call on these things.

On a side note, F/HA's been supposedly announced for the PS Vita - New version will contain voices likewise to how Realta Nua added voices or Fate. Hopefully we'll get some new CGs too from it.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jan 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
New story, written by Nasu, near Fate/Zero in feeling, Shirou in a central role. Could this be the "Illya" route that leades to Shirou becoming Archer?
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Jan 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:
insan3Spectre said:
Sovietcong said:
HaXXspetten said:
Sovietcong said:

the days are extremely varied for actual playtime though

Oh...well whatever. I've heard it's a great VN so I don't think that will be really a negative for me anyway.
Jan 28, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

Not that FAte/Hollow Ataraxia is at 99.9% translation,needs some validation and it even has voice acting coming with the PSVIta port ,I guess waiting a bit is a good choice.

Apparently bits and pieces of the story haven't been fully worked out since some of the translations came off Google. It's going to need a lot more patching and investigation before the game's full playable - Still optimistic about it and believing that things will be ready be the end of 2014 as they've planned.
Jan 28, 2014 8:39 AM

Jun 2009
HaXXspetten said:
ssjokg said:
Implying that Fate/'s selling point is the fights
Honestly I'd say it is. Well okay not the 'selling point' per se, but it was at least what made F/SN as good as it was. It's not like the story is bonkers amazing by itself, nor is it particularly emotional however when it kicked up the action it just had this aura of being awesome. At least that's where the enjoyment value came in, which of course was emphasized by the entire system. It's more like the Servant fights was what brought out all the components of the setting itself to its potential.

ed: well okay UBW was great in a lot more ways but that's only one third of it

The fights in Fate/stay are great but only really because of the development of the characters that goes into it. Shirou vs. Archer or Rin vs. Sakura are great because of the payoff. Then again, I saw both of these battles as being an emotional high of the VN, so we may of gotten something different out of the VN. Which is fine, of course. I just hold more value in the series examination of ideals among other things instead of the battles themselves.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
So it's going to be a new story. Oh well, at least we get another Fate/stay night anime. Can't wait to watch it.
Jan 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
chaosprophet said:
New story, written by Nasu, near Fate/Zero in feeling, Shirou in a central role. Could this be the "Illya" route that leades to Shirou becoming Archer?

Not to attack you or anything, but I believe that the premise of the show will show Shirou in a different light - Taking a different path than his father as a Superhero. UBW Shirou is what I believe we'll see.

Yeah as mentioned earlier, I don't know what fights and scenes they'll work out, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

Jan 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

If by fate franchise you only mean FZ, it is just that unlike FSN's anime it had great animation and it did look epic.And because whenever someone was disappointed that "it was all talk" everyone was saying to wait for the eps that had fights.
Power levels are more of a selling point in Type Moon...and you dont even need scenes for those(including manga,VN etc)

not just talking about Zero but Stay Night (from Deen ofc), UBW, Kaleid, Kara no Kyoukai (its still nauseverse right?)... Carnival was a comedy so thats the exception
i remember that many people did told me to wait for the awesome action that was coming for the final eps, cant say that i was dissapointed that the awesome action never happened
i am aware that nauseverse has some crazy power levels, you only need to talk to a few nasuverse fans to know that, some have impressive powers sure but they arent nearly as powerfull as some other anime verses out there
i didnt say they were talking to each other, i meant that after the the short fight got interrupted we start to hear them talking, well its their thoughts actually or at least thats what i remember, either way the fight was already over
Jan 28, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
BeyondDestiny said:
Vladz0r said:

DROPPED.

I don't believe that it's reasonable to drop an adaptation (probably funded by a couple million dollars knowing Ufoable and the cash they've reeled in from Zero) that'll be better than 99.9% of what'll be airing this year, but then again its your call on these things.

On a side note, F/HA's been supposedly announced for the PS Vita - New version will contain voices likewise to how Realta Nua added voices or Fate. Hopefully we'll get some new CGs too from it.

I can imagine how they will replace KarenxShirou's scenes

or just some mapo
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1335/74/1335740591780.jpg
Jan 28, 2014 8:43 AM
Sep 2012
Sweet, will definitely be looking forward to this!
Jan 28, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
It will be a new story outside of the original work

What the FUCK?! So basically we'll never get a proper adaptation of the VN, this was the last hope. I just wonder what the hell this will be about.
Jan 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Feb 2013
I really wanted a remake but since I trust ufotable I'm sure they won't screw this up.

tsubasalover said:
and some of the characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

The purest horror... why would you do that?

Jan 28, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

not just talking about Zero but Stay Night (from Deen ofc), UBW, Kaleid, Kara no Kyoukai (its still nauseverse right?)... Carnival was a comedy so thats the exception
i remember that many people did told me to wait for the awesome action that was coming

ssjokg said:
And because whenever someone was disappointed that "it was all talk" everyone was saying to wait for the eps that had fights.

As for the power levels.
Does any other char have a "revival" ability just because the world itself cant accept her death?
Or throw the moon just because she can?Killing planets just by walking on the ground?
Fate's characters are stronger than all the other TM series already adapted and they themselves arent even close to the top.

And if you mean the Saint Seiya series, you would be right if there werent inconsistencies everywhere that make any powerlevel discussion worthless.
off topic:
Jan 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:
silversaint said:
ssjokg said:

i remember that many people did told me to wait for the awesome action that was coming

ssjokg said:
And because whenever someone was disappointed that "it was all talk" everyone was saying to wait for the eps that had fights.

As for the power levels.
Does any other char have a "revival" ability just because the world itself cant accept her death?
Or throw the moon just because she can?Killing planets just by walking on the ground?
Fate's characters are stronger than all the other TM series already adapted and they themselves arent even close to the top.

And if you mean the Saint Seiya series, you would be right if there werent inconsistencies everywhere that make any powerlevel discussion worthless.
off topic:

i never talked about Saint Seiya, they have some powerfull characters sure like Regulus who can unleash an universal recreation attack or demi God Radamantys who even though survived that attack without a scratch still died after receiving just 2 attacks from Alone who wasnt even using God mode
i meant the top tier ones like Kami Tenchi, The Chousin, DemonBane, The Lord of Knightmares, etc
Jan 28, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2012
New story? So that means i STILL have to watch the original FSN Anime, i think i would hold on to that and just watch this instead.
Jan 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Oct 2012
I actually have no idea what to say about this.

Nov 2013
Looks like I do need to tell my friends to watch the original.

Aug 2008
Anyone thinking they might show how
in this story?
Jan 28, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:

I don't know how to feel about this anymore .__.;;
Jan 28, 2014 9:08 AM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

Maybe, maybe not.

Most are still banging their heads on a wall because it isnt a remake so I can only speak for myself and a few others.
ssjokgJan 28, 2014 9:12 AM
Jan 28, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
They said there will also be comedy scenes right? Even though with a feel like F/Z.
Jan 28, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

Most are still banging their heads on a wall because it isnt a remake so I can only speak for myself and a few others.

Well I'm just saying. It's a shirou centric story, and it's going to be themed based on fate/zero. So it seems logical.
Jan 28, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2013
Artstyle seem to looks better
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 28, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?
Uh, wouldn't that be a bad end though?

Um yeah? Fate/Zero?
Jan 28, 2014 9:13 AM

Jun 2009
hyperknees91 said:
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?

Well I'm just saying. It's a shirou centric story, and it's going to be themed based on fate/zero. So it seems logical.

Would be cool if it happens. And, as others said, the VN is already a Shirou centric story. Seems like an odd thing to specify.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 28, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
Welp, I guess I know what's next on my VN list now..

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
hyperknees91 said:
in this story?
Uh, wouldn't that be a bad end though?

Nov 2012
a new story? :( well this quite dampens my excitement.. well at least it's written by nasu
Aug 2010
There's a bit more detailed summary released already:

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/01/28/fatestay-night-anime-remake-details-leaked/

– The Fate/Stay Night anime series is due Fall 2014
– The director is Takahiro Miura (the guy who directed Kara no Kyoukai’s 6th film)
– Character designs are done by Tomonori Sudo, Hisayuki Tabata, and Atsushi Ikariya.
– Half the scenario is completed.
– Voice recording began Fall 2013.
– Some episodes have already been completed.
– They’re doing an original route with this adaption. The original content is done by Nasu.
– There are new costume designs – modern casual wear for Shirou and Rin and some jacket for casual Saber.
– The atmosphere will be serious, similar to Fate/Zero, but will have some comical moments.
– Fans will feel the connection to Fate/Zero.
– They want to portray Shirou properly as a main character.

I was so hoping for a remake :( It's really annoying but I guess this could still be good
Jan 28, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Now I'm hoping for it to be the Ilya route that never happened.

If it's something new and good I'll be happy. No reason to give out hope just because they're adapting something new and original. Nasu is involved after all.
Ragna92Jan 28, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 28, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
You know, FSN isnt a new series and the twist is already well known but, with FZ, I noticed that there actually are many that didnt know FSN at all..So we better try to not spoiler it that much...just saying...
ssjokgJan 28, 2014 9:31 AM
Jan 28, 2014 9:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ragna92 said:
Now I'm hoping for it to be the Ilya route that never happened
omg this would make me forgive everything :D
Jan 28, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling and atmosphere

I loved Fate/Zero so if they make this to match it better then I don't mind at all.
tsubasalover said:
characters' outfits will also be modernized from their original designs.

Awesome.

Can't wait to see the Heroes and masters again.
[center]
Jan 28, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2007
Ragna92 said:
Now I'm hoping for it to be the Ilya route that never happened. The path where Shirou
Dude watch your spoilers. Hate when people do this....
Jan 28, 2014 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Can't wait for this !
Jan 28, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
MY BODY IS READY
Jan 28, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
I'm not going to lie, i was a little disappointed when i read that the new series is an original route. But then...

Naruto-niichan said:

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/01/28/fatestay-night-anime-remake-details-leaked/

– The original content is done by Nasu.
– The atmosphere will be serious, similar to Fate/Zero, but will have some comical moments.
– Fans will feel the connection to Fate/Zero.
– They want to portray Shirou properly as a main character.
– The director is Takahiro Miura (the guy who directed Kara no Kyoukai’s 6th film)
– Character designs are done by Tomonori Sudo, Hisayuki Tabata, and Atsushi Ikariya.

Nuff said. All my hype is back. Complete faith in whatever Type-Moon and Ufotable are planning to do. Also...

chaosprophet said:

God (Nasu), please make it happen.
Andan210Jan 28, 2014 10:03 AM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Jan 28, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Are you guys serious? Zero's fights sucked?
Go watch DBZ then for mindless fighting every single episode.

Looking forward to this a lot.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.