Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome. One of the characters reminds me a little of Viral from TTGL. Looks like Shio needs to improve her aiming a bit but I think she did just fine.

Dat memories on her cell phone at the end. Never forget <3
Jan 26, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
So they have more E-Gene Holder than i though...William Tell huh....interesting....
Jan 26, 2014 7:57 AM

May 2013
Nice, Ogura executed that shot perfectly.
Jan 26, 2014 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
Lol that I can't get enough of that OP it's so badass I need that song for my Ipod.

Anyways, what happened to the guys in the plane I thought they were in trouble? And that dance Ogura was doing was pretty cool, I like those flashbacks of Nobunaga every time she learns a new move.

Also does anybody else notice that Jack The Ripper is also in that video game called Metal Gear Rising?
Jan 26, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
Loving this series :D

Pretty awesome action. Just gotta love it when Sio goes Nobunaga mode XD The dude is BA!

How she was dancing and just jumped out of the heli hahaha.

Jack was cool too. A new ship has sailed it seems XD

Sio is really cute <3 Her blushing was fun to see :3
Jan 26, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2013
That was a nice shot by Ogura. Of course she would be sleeping after that mission lol.
Jan 26, 2014 9:30 AM
Jan 2011
Looks like somebody is having feelings for Jack.
Jan 26, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
I'd say Nobunagun can't perform perfectly, unless she's 'Memory Synched' with Nobunaga. That's shown whenever these memories pop up, her red eyes and the general will to kill.

The question is, is she the only one who can do it, or will they just not show the others? And if she's the only one, why?

Also, it feels to me like Newton is pretty similar to http://myanimelist.net/character/4311/Sei_Sakuraoka , but that might just be a coincidence.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 26, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
That is some impressive teamwork for Jack the Ripper and Nobunagun. Nice shot for Nobunagun btw on her past memories. Some funny moments, and yet a development (probably) for Jack the Ripper and Nobunagun.

Jan 26, 2014 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
The two of them were crazy ! I loved it !
Jan 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty badass action by the duo in this episode. And JackXSio is probably going to happen
Jan 26, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
I enjoyed the subtle fanservice inserted throughout the episode~ And it seems she's falling for Jack~
AversaMar 14, 2014 12:50 PM
Jan 26, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
A lot better than the previous episode. The fanservice wasn't that bad either. Still don't get all the hate tbh
Jan 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
".....there is nothing which does not perish" badass quote
Jan 26, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode i liked it

Sio and Jack are great duo

Can't wait for more

One of my favs this season
Jan 26, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome!
Sio starts dancing then runs off the copter? xD Rides the hurricane and shoots 'em down!
Sio and Jack working together like that! Slice 'em up!
AversaMar 14, 2014 12:49 PM
Jan 26, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
It was pretty good. I loved the part where Sio went on Nobunaga mode and started dancing.

Jack and Sio looked good as teamwork couple.
Jan 26, 2014 2:16 PM
Feb 2013
jayvon said:
Also does anybody else notice that Jack The Ripper is also in that video game called Metal Gear Rising?

jack the ripper is in a lot of shows, that isn't unusual.
Jan 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
Ah now this is what I loved about the first two episodes. The strategic collaborating of the E-gene holder's ability is exactly where the potential for this series is, and they're delivering. Jack and Nobunagun will probably have the best chemistry going from that display.

Can't wait to see the rest of the holders.
Jan 26, 2014 3:37 PM
Oct 2012
The MC really makes this show so much more enjoyable, both when she goes into pure Nobunaga mode, but also in doing an excellent job at portraying an out of water, strange, 14 year old girl. It makes you really like her and by extension the entire show.

I like how she thinks she is the only normal one there, though she is probably the strangest of the bunch. The parenthetical comments when she was texting her mother were amusing.
Jan 26, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2014
Ugh... can't stand Shio's voice.
That new chick was cute, in her tank-thingy. Would like to see more of her.

I can't stop thinking that the voice actress for that alien that works with the E-gene folks, I think the name was Dogoo, was a wrong pick. It just doesn't fit the character. The character needs a wiser-godlike feel to it. The voice actress has a tomboy-ish feel to her. And funnily enough, she's voiced many tomboy characters, like Tayuya from Naruto as well as male characters like Gai from guilty crown and Mutsu from Gintama. They should have used her for a E-gene holder character. Say a badass tomboyish samurai.

Weren't there more than just ten eggs? Weren't there like hundreds of them? Would have been much cooler if they all fell down. I mean, c'mon, the alien should have just dropped them all at once, instead of flinging one after the other while waiting to be killed. And once he was dead, we only saw like ten eggs falling to the ground... shouldn't they have all fallen to the ground with him? I think they missed a chance at a potentially epic intense battle. Nevertheless, it was still interesting.

That dance and the Nobunagun speech was cool, but I think they could have made it funnier with her getting up out of her sniping position all of a-sudden to just start... dancing. The comedy doesn't get to me, it just irritates me.

Fan service is just meh... there was like one panty shot, and it wasn't really all that well made tbh.

Jack x Shio works, cuz I guess they fit each other. They're both crazy for blood. Those faces they make in battle are just so cool xD. I just wish Shio would grunt less... it's annoying.
Takuan_Soho said:
I like how she thinks she is the only normal one there, though she is probably the strangest of the bunch.
Lol, agreed, and I do think they portray her weird side really well.

4/10, for wasted potential.
RawzberryJan 26, 2014 4:01 PM
Jan 26, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
Jack and Shio make a good team. The action was done pretty good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 26, 2014 4:41 PM
Feb 2013
Rawzberry said:
Fan service is just meh... there was like one panty shot, and it wasn't really all that well made tbh.

i appreciate the fact that there wasn't much fan service, i get tired of shows constantly getting away from the point to show us girls panties when, you know, i don't care. you really shouldn't base whether you like the show or not on how much fan service there was or if you enjoyed it, because the show isn't about panties.
Jan 26, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2013
Interesting, I thought Ogura not achieve the objective, luckily Jack helped her.

This scene was great: http://i44.tinypic.com/nbdcma.jpg
Jan 26, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Jack is too cool. Tatsun is the sole reason why I picked up this show.

First enjoyable episode so far.
AversaMar 14, 2014 12:49 PM
Jan 26, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2008
When Sio started dancing and then jumped off the plane, I thought she'd officially gone insane.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 26, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Galileo in a quirky outfit haha. I love how three E-gene holders collaborated to take down the Object.

It's fun to watch Shio the contrast between the Shio-meek and flustered mode and when Nobunaga's memories kicks in, she suddenly turns on the badass mode.

Jack x Sio c'mon! Goodbye Asao-san.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
Yeah, this would have been a good episode, had it not started with the fact that she seemed completely unfazed by a plane full of her friends dying. Seriously, that was the big punch at the end of episode 3, and they all but ignore it except for a 5 second snippet in this one.

It sort of ruined what would have otherwise been a nice advancement in the series.
Jan 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
One funky dance, a mix of an old war chant and her techno uniform.

Decent fight, not as cool as the previous one, but still good.

Cute she has a crush on Jack :3
Jan 26, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
Rawzberry said:

Weren't there more than just ten eggs? Weren't there like hundreds of them? Would have been much cooler if they all fell down. I mean, c'mon, the alien should have just dropped them all at once, instead of flinging one after the other while waiting to be killed. And once he was dead, we only saw like ten eggs falling to the ground... shouldn't they have all fallen to the ground with him? I think they missed a chance at a potentially epic intense battle. Nevertheless, it was still interesting.

The invasion objects are shown to be smart so it wouldn't be unthinkable that their original objective was to spread the eggs in as wide area as possible. What's the point of dropping all the eggs at once if they can ride the wind and spread it over greater area? Not to mention the hurricane hasn't reached land yet (although presumably very close to it already), which is why Ogura and Jack landed on the sea. The first few eggs could've been thrown as the first experimental batch, which may land on the ground once carried by the hurricane since they are near the land already.

The rest of the eggs were assumed to have fallen on the sea but of course that's not the end of it, which is why they sent a search party. The next episode could very well be them dealing with the eggs that do land on the ground.
Jan 26, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man, that Invasion Object got Frieza'd 5 times over, lol.

Jan 26, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 2013
Seems to be getting better. Great episode

Talk about the case of recklessness, she just jumped out of the helicopter and start shooting the eye. Very good strategy from Nobunaga. I could also say the same thing for Jack, they sure make an awesome duo.
AversaMar 14, 2014 12:48 PM
Jan 26, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
at least this episode was not boring..

oh God.. no.. just NO. DO NOT PUT ROMANCE IN THIS.. fuck.. I won't mind if the protagonist is a guy but... damn man.. why did she had to be a girl anyway?? Nobunaga is a guy for fuck's sake.. I just can't stand to watch an anime with romance in the POV of the girl.. not to mention there's no romance tag and also it was tagged as SHOUNEN! can a guy really enjoy watching a girl being all lovestruck and shit?? no he can't! rant over.
PrimeXJan 26, 2014 11:34 PM
Jan 27, 2014 2:15 AM

Jul 2012
Just waiting for some more rapid fire craziness.

Interesting dance. Nobunaga ftw.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 27, 2014 2:24 AM
Aug 2011
Much better than last week's episode, this one was actually enjoyable.
The scenes with Nobunaga are the best.

Jack and Shio work well together, she keeps calling him (and the others) weirdos but she's a weirdo herself so it's perfect.
Jan 27, 2014 5:24 AM
Nov 2008
jayvon said:

Completely unrelated, Jack the Ripper is a nickname that Jack a.k.a. Raiden from MGR got during his child soldier days. They also used to call him White Devil and other things I don't remember.
Jan 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
Hitlariousnazi said:
".....there is nothing which does not perish" badass quote

Yeah liked that
Jan 27, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Besides the random dance scene it was a good episode.
Jan 27, 2014 10:26 PM
Jan 2014
Bean4105 said:
Rawzberry said:

i appreciate the fact that there wasn't much fan service, i get tired of shows constantly getting away from the point to show us girls panties when, you know, i don't care. you really shouldn't base whether you like the show or not on how much fan service there was or if you enjoyed it, because the show isn't about panties.
And I agree. My quote was solely judging the fan service they gave us in the episode, not the entire show. All I was saying was that if they want to make panty shots in this show, they might as well make it worth-the-while. I mean, she does have a cute butt...

jiraiya_sensei said:
Rawzberry said:

Weren't there more than just ten eggs? Weren't there like hundreds of them?
/snip/

The invasion objects are shown to be smart so it wouldn't be unthinkable that their original objective was to spread the eggs in as wide area as possible. What's the point of dropping all the eggs at once if they can ride the wind and spread it over greater area? Not to mention the hurricane hasn't reached land yet (although presumably very close to it already), which is why Ogura and Jack landed on the sea. The first few eggs could've been thrown as the first experimental batch, which may land on the ground once carried by the hurricane since they are near the land already.

The rest of the eggs were assumed to have fallen on the sea but of course that's not the end of it, which is why they sent a search party. The next episode could very well be them dealing with the eggs that do land on the ground.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.
RawzberryJan 27, 2014 10:29 PM
Jan 28, 2014 12:26 AM
Oct 2013
xAvengerx said:

Whenever Nobunaga shows up, something amazing is coming up.
Jan 28, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2011
xAvengerx said:

Nah, it was the best part.
Jan 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Jan 2011
was a bit boring at the beginning, but when the actions start, spectacular things happen :)

are those guys in that plane confirmed dead?

oh I think the dance is nicely done
Jan 28, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit they mentioned Panama! I live there!
Jan 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Sep 2013
I love when they use out of the box thinking for thier strategies. Awesome
Jan 28, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2011
That was a nice episode. Can't wait to learn more about the Invasion Objects.. and looks like Jack and Sio would be an item.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 10:35 PM

Mar 2013
I kinda liked the romance in this one; it's very shoujo-esque in what is a very shounen show and that's quite unusual, to me anyway (but I haven't watched that many shows so I wouldn't really know pfft).

Anyhow, the story is pretty good and I'm excited to see where it goes. I hope Shio can learn to fight without having Oda guiding her from her e-gene or whatever it is, otherwise I'm sure she'll get stuck at some point.
Jan 30, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2013
"Remember your training!"
She has had one day of training....and she didn't learn shit.. This was a really bad pre-fighting dialogue. And for the love of something holy, STOP IMPLEMENTING ECCHI MOMENTS! This is not a harem, hentai or bible black. As shown in the last seconds of this episode we are however getting a bit of romance, and that might work. But please stop using lame pants shots as a way to make people like this show. It's boring and predictable as hell.

Action was pretty good. Jack is clearly the stronger of the two, and that's good. I'm not sure what I think about Nobunaga's pre-fighting dance.. Was a bit eh ok.

I would like some more information about the other E-gene carriers and their abilities. I will be sad if they go romance over action in this one..
Feb 1, 2014 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode..
that moment when shio dancing.. DAT EYES! <3
yeah another nobunaga scene :3 love it :3
and jack is really cool :3
Feb 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
I was hoping that the next battle would recapture the brilliance of the start of this series, but it seems that wasn't to happen. Far from it, in fact.

It's a shame. But I still have hope for this series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 2, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2013
lol damn that was crazy *_*
moving mid-air by gun recoil? wtf as;dlfkj

was she possessed with she jumped out of the helicopter?
seemed like she was so it's kinda hard to gauge her true skill ><
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

91 by topacioloco »»
Aug 13, 2023 8:44 PM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mills - Jan 12, 2014

105 by Ericevolutions »»
Nov 30, 2022 2:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mills - Jan 5, 2014

183 by syncrogazer »»
May 4, 2019 7:13 AM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

50 by TK8878 »»
Jan 29, 2018 1:38 AM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

58 by TK8878 »»
Jan 13, 2018 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.