Forum Settings
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2010 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
I think they both survived, since Migi responds are hevely based on his emotions, he porbably woke up even from his sleep. And his sleep is volunterly and more as observer as i understood last part of his dreams. It's just that he won't mendel with his life anymore and be dormant. And that never vaking up is well he will have to wake up if he is ded, so it's logical that he instintivly trys to protect a life tretening situation again. I think it was great ending. Not excluding alien thing but also pointing out he won't do anything but absolutly nesesery in order to survive.
Jul 2, 2010 6:16 PM
Jun 2008
Masterpiece of a manga.

Perfect execution of everything.

Genius "live or die" ending.

Infinite respect towards the author.
Aug 14, 2010 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
The ending was amazing, but I felt that some earlier parts of the story was dragged out a bit too much. Still, it was very enjoyable and had some interesting philosophical themes. 8-9/10. Probably 8 because of the drawings.

Maelstrom_Divide said:

Then, the closing page. A shot of the planet with the text "I only want to feel some warmth... even from that which death would take from me."

According to the English translation in the new Del Rey releases the text on the last page reads, "Hold close to something... until the day you die", which is really different from that. Makes me wonder how bad amateur translations have messed up my understanding of other mangas I've read.
Sep 24, 2010 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Regarding the fate of Shinichi and Satomi, they hadn't sustained any mortal wounds, so it will be illogical that they died in the end. Also, in the Del-Rey edition, Shinichi mentioned when the people came and looked in their direction that they thought they had also died, which is also another proof that they had survived. I think that he and Satomi were just savoring the moment. Anyway, I was screaming in my head when Shinichi missed Satomi the first time that "NO, not her also. Isn't it enough that Shinichi had already lost his mother and Migi T_T"

It was sad seeing Migi go; he was my favorite character in the manga. Iwaaki mentioned in the interview in vol. 8 of the Del-Rey edition that he was contemplating drawing Migi's eyes in the close-up on Shinichi's hand in the end, but he decided not to. I would've loved if he had gone with that idea.

I wish if Del-Rey or any other company would license more of Iwaaki's work, especially the masterpiece, Historie.
Sep 24, 2010 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Maelstrom_Divide said:

1. That also happened in the scanlated edition.
2. That is not proof of anything.
3. If they had died during that scene, we wouldn't know what kind of wounds they had sustained, as the ending scene would take place in Shinichi's head. They could have both fallen from the roof, for all we know.

1. I haven't read the scanlated version; I just mentioned Del-Rey to clarify that it's the version that I read and based my statements according to the translation in it.

2. Satomi's use of "they think we're dead too" equates that "we look like dead to them since we are lying on the floor like the victims, but we're not", which is yeah, I consider it a strong proof that they had survived.

3. Actually, Iwaaki had confirmed Shinichi's survival in the interview in vol. 8, Del-Rey edition:

"Shinichi and Migi are both pretty much alive... (But please don't turn pro and actually continue their adventures. We do have Copyright laws!)

(From Afternoon, March 1995)
removed-userSep 24, 2010 11:06 AM
Nov 27, 2010 11:40 AM

Nov 2009
one word.....AWESOME!!!
Dec 5, 2010 9:50 PM

Mar 2009
I thought it was an alright series. It was definitely a page-turner but I didn't find it to be awesome.
Mar 21, 2011 5:06 AM

Aug 2010
Great ending! I thought migi woulnd't appear at all but there is still hope Migi is looking out for Shinji's loved ones. 10/10 from me!

I do believe Migi has become a great life form in this manga. With the transformation he's gone through i believe it reflects on the mass of information he has gathered on human life.
Sep 27, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
9/10 too
A nice manga.
Sep 28, 2011 12:34 AM

Jan 2008
Sakujo said:
According to the English translation in the new Del Rey releases the text on the last page reads, "Hold close to something... until the day you die", which is really different from that. Makes me wonder how bad amateur translations have messed up my understanding of other mangas I've read.

I think I might have made a thread about this years ago...I think the general consensus was: they have messed up nearly every manga translation VERY BADLY. They're not professionals, just fans. As a result, whenever I read a manga, I just presume I'm getting the jist. I do like some scanalators who add notes to the end of a chapter explaining references in the chapter or why they chose to use specific words, that kind of behaviour is professional.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 24, 2011 8:11 PM
May 2008
Migi is a bro for life.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 20, 2011 4:43 AM
Jul 2009
I know this thread is quite old.

I think the translation of the last chapters is somewhat wrong or not exactly accurate, and since it is the ending of this awesome manga, I want to read almost exatly what the author wrote... For example, in the last dialougue between Migi and Shin, Migi seems to be not that clear, as he mentions the concept of soul or something...

The point is, does it exist a version translated by professionals or other scanlation groups, and is it available online? I just read the mangafox scanlated edition.
megatonanteDec 20, 2011 5:21 AM
Jun 26, 2012 12:14 AM

Apr 2011
Wow this was an awesome manga i really enjoyed reading this :D

10/10
Jul 15, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
Woot, Migi saved the day again. Shinichi deserved the happy ending! :D
HEY!
Jul 20, 2012 5:22 AM

Mar 2010
liked the manga , just one question : wasn't the mayor a parasyte too ? why didn't he fight , he just die like that from the military .......? ........or was he human who hates the mankind's actions .......?
Aug 31, 2012 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
Makunouchi_Ippo said:
liked the manga , just one question : wasn't the mayor a parasyte too ? why didn't he fight , he just die like that from the military .......? ........or was he human who hates the mankind's actions .......?

The last parasyte (that with a lot of parasytes inside of him, can't remember his name) talked with the mayor when he was dying and said that he was human.

This was a really nice manga, I honestly didn't expect the manga to show this kind of psychological stuff about who is the real monster of the story.

As for the ending, the scanlated version is probably bad translated in the last pages.
In my opinion both of them survived

10/10 for me
skualninjaSep 28, 2012 11:05 AM
Oct 16, 2012 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
Really good manga. 10/10
Oct 16, 2012 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
skualninja said:

As for the ending, the scanlated version is probably bad translated in the last pages.
In my opinion both of them survived

10/10 for me

It is confirmed by the manga–ka that Shinichi and his girlfriend both survived, as it was stated in the interview from Parasyte vol. 8 Del–Rey edition that I quoted in my previous post. I'd take an official translation over a fan translation any day.
Oct 16, 2012 11:58 AM

Jan 2012
Raven_Shinobi said:
[It is confirmed by the manga–ka that Shinichi and his girlfriend both survived, as it was stated in the interview from Parasyte vol. 8 Del–Rey edition that I quoted in my previous post. I'd take an official translation over a fan translation any day.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.
Feb 25, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2011
its nice to read something like this every now and then. very good story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
Read it in less than a day, genuinely enjoyed it. 9/10 from me. Migi is awesome, wish I had him lol.
Hurr durr, I'm a burr.
Jun 27, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing ending just amazing..This HAS to become anime!
Jul 18, 2013 8:54 AM
Jun 2008
So they can make it into a complete shit adaptation? No thanks.
Oct 11, 2013 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
What a masterpiece, the ending was perfect.
Nov 29, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2012
This was awesome !! Enjoyed it!
Mar 27, 2014 10:25 PM

May 2009
Great manga. I, as everyone, thought she had died. I'm glad she didn't; otherwise, I would have felt very trolled. Plus we got to see a little of Migi :)
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Apr 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
What the fuck kind of ending was that? I'm so confused..
Why did this chapter exist? It could have ended perfectly at 63!
May 4, 2014 1:33 PM
Jan 2013
i never thought i'd tear up at this manga
Jun 5, 2014 6:00 PM

Jun 2008
can anyone tell me why does the superstrong parasyte have two names? no, actually, three: sanji, goto, kuroro. Afaiu , Sanji was the weak one.
Jun 18, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
skualninja said:
Raven_Shinobi said:
[It is confirmed by the manga–ka that Shinichi and his girlfriend both survived, as it was stated in the interview from Parasyte vol. 8 Del–Rey edition that I quoted in my previous post. I'd take an official translation over a fan translation any day.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

Ah good to know as well!

What an interesting story here with the premise and characters. Migi...I won't forget you or the events of the final chapter and their journey. Overall, rating this 8/10. Can't wait to see the anime!
Jul 19, 2014 2:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good ending. A very enjoyable read. I wonder how they'll manage to translate this to an anime series. It's not your typical shounen in any sense.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 11, 2014 8:15 PM
Mar 2013
Amazing manga! The ending...I was gonna be so mad if she died!! But she didn't!! Migi was there for Shinji! Perfect ending. I do wish Kana was around til the end though.
Aug 15, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Damn what a nice manga. It wasnt something special but damn it was enjoyable. And i have to admit that Migi was my favorite character in the series. I was so sad when we thought that he died :/
And even in the end it was touching. DAMN MIGI!
Never ending nightmare!
Aug 19, 2014 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
Rykyr said:
A year later and your wish has come true.
Aug 20, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2010
Now, i hope Mad House don't fuck up everything since the manga is ended. The character design i see on the preview trailer is ok, indeed the chara of the manga is bad expecially at beginning (elfen lied like) but improve in the run and it fit perfectly the story.
Cross fingers.

ps: Now, i hope they made an anime for Dragon Head too, another masterpiece and classic manga.
Fn76Aug 20, 2014 6:25 AM
Aug 22, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
Nope said:
Rykyr said:
A year later and your wish has come true.

Live action and an anime in the same year!? Its been just about 2 decades since this manga finished, what's with the sudden uproar? Anyway, I guess that's talk for a different thread.

I finished reading this today and I was very pleased with it, almost to the point of a 10/10. In hindsight, some things were holding it back from hitting that mark though. The art is dated, but this was made in the 1990's so it's not fair to dock points for that imo, and the translation, while not the best, got the job done, but the things that I think held it back were just some minor character flaws and some things in the story that just didn't make sense to me (i.e. What is stopping other parasytes from coming together and becoming another goto, the detective finds out that Shinichi has a parasyte in his arm, but his dad never does??? and there's many more..not really "errors" per-say but just nittpicks).
Aug 22, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Maelstrom_Divide said:
To me, it seemed strongly as if they died in the end.

If you look at the ending, Shinichi thinks he had let her fall. He clearly misses. He closes his eyes, and all of a sudden he's saved her (This is Point 1), with the help of Migi. Point 2, Migi is alive. He looks up and sees a serene sky. He tells her about the puppy, and somehow she knew, going as far as to assume she did. This contradicts her actions and thoughts earlier in the manga. Point 3, she is saying things that go out of character, but that seem to be exactly what Shinichi wants to hear. Point 4, the people on the roof believe that all of the bodies are dead and then, with a very slight smile on his face, Shinichi laughs, before a closeup of his right hand appears. His right-hand is perfectly stationary and shows no sign of Migi. Migi said it would be impossible for him to have any sort of consciousness for decades, so I find it hard to believe he would be able to will his way into existence for just a brief moment.

Everything goes exactly as Shinichi could have hoped, in every regard.

Then, the closing page. A shot of the planet with the text "I only want to feel some warmth... even from that which death would take from me."

I think it's an extremely ambiguous ending, in the same vein as Taxi Driver. It's up for debate whether the events in the last few pages actually happened, while being heavily implied to be just a fantasy within Shinichi's mind.

Migi stated that while he was inside Goto's body, he felt like a spectator, and because of that, almost invincible. Right before the dream scene where Migi tells Shinichi that he's going to disappear, there was some narrative that explains that some parasytes adapted to become like humans. Doesn't that say something about what Migi was trying to do? He's obviously changed and become less cold-hearted, and along with that I think he decided that being a spectator and helping out at times of danger would be the best thing for Shinichi, thus implying that his "decade slumber" is something he can snap out of at will considering he decided to do it himself. Also, I don't think that roof top battle panned out exactly like Shinichi wished... 2 people died, he got a knife stuck in his left arm, and he missed the grab with his right... definitely not ideal. It was Migi who helped.
Sep 17, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2013
It's been a while since I finished it but I just say this thread and say that the end made me cry a little.
Sep 18, 2014 7:28 PM

Apr 2013
What a nice ending. Migi saved the day and the story ends.

Can't wait to see this animated by "Madhouse!!!"
Oct 8, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
What a great ride. I didn't get bored at all.
The mangaka made a nice touch with the ending though; instead of giving us an after-story, he pulled something crazy that kept me hook until the very last panel. Sasuga.
Oct 11, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
Migi was the BEST PET Shinichi could ask for character. I can't wait to see Kiseijuu weekly now. I'm fired up!
Always-Hungry said:
What a nice ending. Migi saved the day and the story ends.

Can't wait to see this animated by "Madhouse!!!"
Yup, Migi saved the day at the end. I loved how Migi and Shinichii's relationship progressed throughout the manga. Migi was able to understand humans after all.

8/10 for this manga.
NuviOct 11, 2014 1:37 AM
Oct 29, 2014 6:56 PM
Nov 2013
Did Migi actually pull the girl up or was it just in his mind?
Oct 29, 2014 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
lejon_brames said:
Did Migi actually pull the girl up or was it just in his mind?
Pretty sure it was Migi. He missed grabbing her, so yeah.
Oct 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2012
Fuck, I watched the 4 episodes that came out yesterday but I liked it so much I couldn't just wait for weekly episodes, I had to continue this although I normally hate to read stuff in scans.
I finished it now. Gosh this manga was amazing!! I loved everything about it!
Btw I didn't really get why Migi started going dormant?
Oh and although he is dormant, does Shinichi still keep his superhuman powers? It seems not but in the end he was able to run fast and stuff. I dunno.

Great stuff, I recommend it :D
Nov 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Jul 2009
welp...
it was okay. 7/10. wouldve been better if shinchi didnt go so back and forth between what was right/wrong and just stayed consistently logical after the death of his mom. because of the inconsistency, as well as the annoying female MC, it wasnt very enjoyable at times. too cringe worthy, too... "are you kidding me", lol.
oh well, it was at least decent enough for me to go through ~50ish chapters in one go.
Nov 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
i hope Murano didn't hook up with any other guys while she's in her the university for this 1 year time skip... cause Shinishinichi didn't hook up with any obviously... o well at least both them get to live and and finally the whole ordeal is done... nice ending...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Dec 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
This was a masterpiece. 10/10

I remember that I randomly found out about this manga called "Parasyte". I just saw a picture of an "alien" dog eating another dog. I made a little research and said to myself that I HAVE to read this. And here I am, just finished it. The last chapter was an emotional roller-coaster:

Migi sleeps eternally: sad
Humans and Parasites coexist: happy
Kabuto captures Satomi: sad
Shinichi sucker-punches Kabuto: really happy
Shinichi doesn't catch Satomi: really sad
Migi catches Satomi: FUCKING HAPPY
Manga ends: NOOOOOO

I really can't describe my feelings about this manga. Thank you Hitoshi Iwaaki for this masterpiece!
Dec 16, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2012
10/10. I decided to read this before starting on the anime...what a great decision. Holy fudge. What a roller coaster. I'm really glad that after all that shit Shinichi went through he miraculously made it through it all. Migi was a freaking master mind too. Great manga.

Now unto the anime. Already not high on the character designs...

So I guess I've become one of those snobs!

Dec 19, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2014
Holy shit! That moment when he backhanded the serial killer and then missed grabbing Satomi's hand... SO INTENSE!
I almost couldn't believe what I was reading!

My mouth went agape.
I was just like "no way!"

and, well... then... Migi ended up saving her, anyway.
Well... even though they teased a tragedy, it ended up being a happy ending... and I suppose still a good one, too. I wonder how they're going to handle this chapter in the anime. The real ending seems to be the previous chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if this last chapter ends up becoming some stand-alone OVA.
::End of Transmission::

Jan 5, 2015 12:14 AM
Mar 2009
DeadZeroSource said:
i hope Murano didn't hook up with any other guys while she's in her the university for this 1 year time skip... cause Shinishinichi didn't hook up with any obviously... o well at least both them get to live and and finally the whole ordeal is done... nice ending...

W...what? Why would that matter at all?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Parasyte Chapter 17 Discussion

crazyspinz - Mar 16, 2011

6 by _cl0wn_t0wn »»
Apr 7, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Apr 29, 2008

20 by Maygrin »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:33 AM

» How do you guys feel about the Colored edition?

DeltaWDunn - Sep 29, 2023

3 by Orochimarussy »»
Oct 4, 2023 4:48 PM

Poll: » Parasyte Chapter 41 Discussion

magelet - Apr 28, 2009

5 by Rezende1990 »»
May 8, 2023 12:42 AM

Poll: » Parasyte Chapter 33 Discussion

crazyspinz - Mar 21, 2011

6 by Rezende1990 »»
May 7, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.