Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2007 4:05 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good episode. The battles are becoming more exciting. I really want to see the next episode, especially with the ending this one gave us.
Nov 11, 2007 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
It's becoming more and more like FMP.
Nov 11, 2007 9:31 PM

Nov 2007
I thought it was a step down from episodes 4 and 5. It ended on a good note though. Also, Lockon's Gundam looked pretty awesome during his little battle! The preview for the next episode seems promising.
Nov 11, 2007 9:34 PM

Jul 2007
Another great ep., really not much to discuss but I wonder what the outcome of Setsuna's current battle will be.
Anyways I'm really enjoying the series so far and I can't wait for the next episode^^,
Nov 12, 2007 12:35 AM

Feb 2007
This episode brought up an interesting question: Is anyone in Celestial being actually using their own name? We already knew that the Gundam Meisters had code names, but Sumeragi seems to have another name here as well.
Nov 12, 2007 1:38 AM
Jul 2007
I was surprised at how much little left there was of the episode by the time they got to the action. I noticed this for one of the previous episodes too.
Nov 12, 2007 5:31 AM

Oct 2007
good episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2007 8:21 AM

May 2007
FireReaverX said:
I thought it was a step down from episodes 4 and 5. It ended on a good note though. Also, Lockon's Gundam looked pretty awesome during his little battle! The preview for the next episode seems promising.

Really? I thought it was a really good episode, a step up from the previous. Not only did they build the suspense throughout the entire episode talking about Moralia and AEU, but they left it off with a possible connection of Setsuna's past with the current mobile suit pilot he is facing. I'm curious to finally learn some of Setsuna's history.

Still not much character development, but we did learn a little more about Sumeragi, which is nice. Next episode should be good.
Nov 12, 2007 10:24 AM

Aug 2007
i thought this was a very good episode.
Looking foward to the next episode.
Nov 12, 2007 12:29 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, I agree, I thought this was a better episode than last. Interesting. Now Setsuna's pinpointed a familiar face to this new guy.
Nov 12, 2007 12:31 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Serg said:
I was surprised at how much little left there was of the episode by the time they got to the action.

I don't know if you meant this in a positive or negative light, but I agree! The episode was over before I knew it, even though half of the politics stuff went right in one ear and out the other for me.

This is what I got out of it: Moralia = small nation, lots of military stuffs, 20% owned by some PMC company. AEU wants to send troops to Moralia because their elevator isn't really working?? Or?? Stumped on that. But I don't think AEU is starting a war with Moralia, they're just helping them out??? So then why is Celestial Being getting involved??
I'm all confuzzled. Maybe I'll have to go watch it again.

Can't wait for next ep!! I'm enjoying this so far... even if I have trouble following the politics xD
Nov 12, 2007 3:31 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed the episode. The pacing of this episode was done nicely I really can't wait to see the next episode.
Nov 12, 2007 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
Loved it. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 13, 2007 2:14 AM

Aug 2007
Well it's actually getting moderately interesting now and has been saved from the dropped part of my list.

Is that perhaps Ladd Russo voice actor voicing the guy that Allelujah remembers? Sounds familiar.

Nov 13, 2007 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
wow Full Metal Panic much??
Nov 13, 2007 6:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I still don't get Celestial Being's final intention. For sure they are a extremist group because they will detroy everything blocking their way. The organization and the rest of the meisters didn't approve Allelujah saving the passager from the space station and consider him as too "soft". Clearly, they don't hesitate to kil and obliterate everything instead of disarming them (especially Tieria). I hope I don't happen to dislike them because of their over-arrogance.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2007 8:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Celestial Being's final intention is to eliminate war. By doing so, they intervene in any armed combats, and are essentially, trying to get the entire world to ban together to destroy them. Their final goal is world co-operation, rather than 3 separate factions, and eradication of war.

They got upset at Allelujah because he ignored the mission, and helped those people. He is a soldier - not supposed to think or act on his own, but follow orders. This is, I think, ultimately a theme that is touched on with most series like this.

Now I wish someone could explain the politics behind the last episode for me - I'm still a little confuzzled ^^;
Nov 13, 2007 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
I actually think that the current CB mission might be just a cover up. There is plenty of ambiguity on the actual creator/person in command. The Gundam Meisters (maybe 2 of 4, or something? or all) might turn on CB (the people behind this little conspiracy) because the 'real' intent was to rile up the world for some ulterior purpose (and because trying to eliminate all war is ridiculous.) Whatever, just a theory.

There's definitely going to be some friend-is-enemy conflicts though, more than one at least. I'm also curious about the new characters shown in this episode; for instance the old man with the young boy (or maybe I'm just imagining things?)

Anyways, good episode; I really like how they themed the music with Moralia.
Nov 14, 2007 2:47 PM
Jun 2007
Wasabi said:

Exactly, its Kashim and Zaied all over again!
Nov 17, 2007 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
The anime is growing on me, it's getting better and better. I thought the episode was awesome and I can't wait for the next episode :D
Nov 19, 2007 7:12 PM
Nov 2007
I like the tension between the pilots, although I have to say the whole Gundam Wing/Destiny style of multiple grunt suits being blown away is getting on my nerves already. Especially considering 3 of 4 gundams use projectile weapons, there's not much tension :(

They really need to introduce a main rival, or have the gundams end up on different sides :P
Jan 25, 2008 9:28 PM
Nov 2007
What was up with Sumeragi's epic cleavage shirt?
Jun 6, 2008 3:13 AM

May 2008
by this point the anime is getting a little more interesting but still generally boring for me.
Oct 4, 2008 1:12 PM

Aug 2007
Avarice said:
Wasabi said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gauron showed up screaming "KASHIIIIIIIIIM!" :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 9, 2009 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
Oh finally! I can tell that this show is starting to get serious now! Finally the AEU makes their move, and they go right for Celestial Being by requesting the help of Mercenaries! The battle was very well done and it's not even done yet! What a cliffhanger with that battle between the Exia and the mercenary too. I can't wait to see how that goes, and it seems that they have a past together.

As for the rest of the ep. we once again start to finally see character development with Ms. Sumeragi as well as some of the others from Celestial Being. I can't help but wonder what happened with Katagiri and Sumeragi as well. I found it funny how he had no clue about her connection to Celestial Being, and he started telling her what the Union knows! XD

That Princess doesn't seem to be doing a good job in getting energy support, though I had a feeling she wouldn't be a very strong negotiator. I can't believe she was the one chosen to do that stuff. Also that Ace of the AEU, Patrick, is quite the a-hole as expected...and he seems to be very weak, just plain worthless in fact.

Well I'm really glad that we learned so much more about the characters. That along with a nice battle in the second half made this a great episode. I hope the second half of this battle is just as entertaining.

4/5
CG-LOVERMay 9, 2009 8:09 PM
May 27, 2009 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
Avarice said:
Wasabi said:

HA! HA! That was exactly what i thought. Luck of inspiration i guess. Boy those Gundams are powerful a whole army couldn't do anything. Not very realistic but Gundam never was anyway so who cares.
Feb 6, 2010 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
I liked the action in this one. And there seems to be more complex relationships behind the scenes as well.

This is turning out to be a great anime.
Aug 21, 2010 1:11 AM

Aug 2009
pretty good episode.
i like lockon's gundam. haha.
gawd. the characters have all code names, right?
even sumeragi~

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 2, 2011 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Lol, Patrick Corlasawar is a joke. ;[

Great conflict. I'm looking forward to Setsuna v.s. Ali.
Apr 18, 2011 11:03 PM

Sep 2009
Finally!
I have been wanting the enemy to have a powerhouse for awhile now.
Makes things far more interesting.

Pretty boring episode. The comedy between the girls was fun though.
Feb 14, 2012 2:10 PM
Dec 2010
almost fallen asleep .. isn't there anything more then just "search and destroy missions" in this anime ?
Guess it has slow start or maybe it just feels so coz characters are already piloting mecha without their own story bout becoming pilots so i don't see then as main protagonists yet dunno ...

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyFeb 14, 2012 2:15 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 18, 2012 12:14 PM
Apr 2011
could someone explain to me the politics behind this episode?

it was mentioned so many times that moralia is picking a fight with celestial being? but how? as far as I have understood AEU need military assistance from moralia to advance in the space race (this doesn't make sense to me as to why its necessary) so AEU send some of there mobile suits to stand and look pretty in moralia? and that somehow offends CB to warrant them going in there all guns blazing with fresh upgrades and such?

even if they are, CB don't need to accept it. it's not like AEU have come to attack the celestial being mothership or anything.
Sep 11, 2012 9:40 AM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
WinterNightsFall said:
Avarice said:
Wasabi said:

HA! HA! That was exactly what i thought. Luck of inspiration i guess. Boy those Gundams are powerful a whole army couldn't do anything. Not very realistic but Gundam never was anyway so who cares.

Haha, that's what I thought too.

Also, that Sumeragi cleavage.
Jan 27, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
I like how the seemingly unrelated characters and stories are starting to intertwine and come together. From the looks of it, that mercenary used to be Setsuna's leader when he was a foot soldier or something like that. Also wonder what that headache deal was about from last episode and if Hallelujah and the super soldier are connected in some way.
Feb 5, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Lelangir said:

lol i was wondering the same thing.

djinn_690 said:
by this point the anime is getting a little more interesting but still generally boring for me.

same, i'm not really hooked yet, but the hope of epic battles keeps me watching. it looks like there is a good battle coming up tho!
Apr 9, 2014 6:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Lelangir said:

Indeed. Very distracting (in a good way).

The MC is totally a carbon copy of Sousuke Sagara from FMP. He even has an opponent like him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Ali Al-Saachez! Yeah!

Poor Feldt, she just wanted to do data analysis.
Aug 2, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2013
Lelangir said:

[2]

I also am pretty confused about the politics. Moralia and the AEU weren't even starting a war, so I don't get it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 14, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Sumeragi...nice outfit.

And Setsuna's child soldier boss huh? This could be interesting.
May 9, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
This show is getting more interesting as you watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2018 8:16 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh cool, they actually explained the reason behind the headaches between the lieutenant girl and Allelujah. The hypothesis is that they are both using quantum brain waves so they interfere with each other. Interesting.

I'm curious about the thing Billy mentioned to Sumeragi, and Sumeragi said she has forgotten about it. What is it?
May 28, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
A huge battle with Gundams attacking three allied forces? Sounds dank! I feel that the next episode is gonna be awesome. :D

Sumeragi's style was great with that cleavage. xD I'm wondering what was that thing she forgot about when Bill asked her about it.
May 17, 2021 3:31 PM

Sep 2017
Kineta said:

This is what I got out of it: Moralia = small nation, lots of military stuffs, 20% owned by some PMC company. AEU wants to send troops to Moralia because their elevator isn't really working?? Or?? Stumped on that. But I don't think AEU is starting a war with Moralia, they're just helping them out??? So then why is Celestial Being getting involved??
I'm all confuzzled.

CrazyFool said:
could someone explain to me the politics behind this episode?

it was mentioned so many times that moralia is picking a fight with celestial being? but how? as far as I have understood AEU need military assistance from moralia to advance in the space race (this doesn't make sense to me as to why its necessary) so AEU send some of there mobile suits to stand and look pretty in moralia? and that somehow offends CB to warrant them going in there all guns blazing with fresh upgrades and such?

even if they are, CB don't need to accept it. it's not like AEU have come to attack the celestial being mothership or anything.

Yea I also didn't understand exactly what happened.
So even the mere intention of war is enough for CB to act, even though Moralia has no information about their location?
TheRestlessOneMay 17, 2021 3:35 PM
Jan 4, 2:44 AM

Jul 2017
Very interesting episode, good action and some informations about sumeragi and the general plot are revealed.
She is beautiful i have to admit.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KrylonBlue - Mar 7, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.