Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 12:24 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time there is action as two of the robots are defeated by Fatina and Neeba. It seems the climax is here too.

So all you Jil x Fatina people, I am sorry. This episode was fine, still setting up the end. The Coopa and Melt scenes were a hoot.
My anime list
Mar 12, 2009 2:00 PM
Dec 2007
By far (very far even) the best episode of both seasons. The development of the characters was finally visible, fatina is really a good female character as expected and Jil is becoming stronger and honest to himself. On top of that, the climax is expected for the next episode and even if the script is not that good not original, it's still very entertaining. Druaga has come from a barely decent fantasy show last season to a great series now.

mitamaking said:
So all you Jil x Fatina people, I am sorry.

I would say you are wrong, this episode basically builds the basis of Jil x Fatina since they are now honest with each other and will most likely realize that Neeba and Kaaya are no good for them (at least that's what the scenarists have in mind seeing this episode, it's pretty clear).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 12, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2008
Waaah, I really love the show.

The scenes with Fatina fighting the other robot are great, and also the "confessions" while climbing the stairs.

I agree with Jacut.
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Mar 12, 2009 8:37 PM

May 2008
Really good episode with the fighting both inside and outside of the tower. It seems that the next episode will be the start of the fight against Gilgamesh. I'm rather interested to see what happens to the old Gilgamesh on the outside of the tower.

Also for being so damn tiny Coopa sure has some crazy upper body strength....
Mar 13, 2009 3:48 AM

Nov 2007
The robots were defeated surprisingly quickly seeing as the others had so much trouble with them in previous episodes, but I guess it's good because it brings us to the decisive battle sooner =D
Mar 13, 2009 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
I agree with Jacut, too. It is not clear that Jil choose Kaaya, yet. Remember, that he said "me too" in the end of his conversation with Fatina, which is the most important part. So, I don't give up yet and still hope for JxF. ;] And besides love interests, very good episode indeed.
Mar 13, 2009 11:18 AM

Nov 2007
Crimsonwill said:
The robots were defeated surprisingly quickly seeing as the others had so much trouble with them in previous episodes, but I guess it's good because it brings us to the decisive battle sooner =D

well in the other episodes, they were the robots were always in pairs so it made it much more difficult.

good epi but i am still hoping for JxF
Mar 13, 2009 12:28 PM

Apr 2007
delicious coopa feet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2009 7:46 AM
Apr 2008
good episode BUT it better end Jil X fatina or i will hate the series
Mar 17, 2009 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
Haha cunning Coopa with her trap and her biting Melt's hand... Index came to mind lol ^_^ Awesome episode. this show is great
Mar 20, 2009 10:12 PM

May 2008
Ive noticed there are alot of Jil x Fatina fans. Im one of them but it is pretty much hopeless now.... Ever since the beginning(season one) actually, the show seems to have made it know it was gonna be Jil x Kaaya. I still had some hope until this episode on the staircase.... Maybe it will do a huge twist or something. I really hate Neeba though. Hes kinda annoying. Seems like a Sasuke wannabe but failed and turned out uber annoying.
Apr 3, 2009 9:56 AM

May 2008
Neverender said:
delicious coopa feet

this

and

freakman012 said:
I really hate Neeba though. Hes kinda annoying. Seems like a Sasuke wannabe but failed and turned out uber annoying.

that
Apr 14, 2009 3:05 AM

Feb 2007
Been a while since I watched episode 9, and I heard that the end of this anime is a bit disappointing, but that didn't mean that this episode sucked. I agree with Jacut also; best episode of both seasons. Delicious Coopa fest, character development with Jil and Fatina, and some pretty decent action. Now to anticipate that the climax sucks and that ending disappoints. Hmm, maybe low expectations will be a good thing, and the last two episodes turn out to be a pleasent surprise.
May 9, 2009 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
Neeba's final battle is one fought by wielding a sword..

Jil will be arriving shortly, just in time to fight Gil.. Ironic!
Sep 12, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
Wooooo, Gilgamesh with golden armor looks like Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night XD
I want Jil to kill Gilgamesh not Neeba!
Sep 14, 2009 11:51 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with Jacut on all of that.

freakman is probably right. But I'm still hoping for JxF !

If they gave me a JxF ending I would give this show a 10/10 :).
Feb 14, 2010 7:39 AM

Jul 2008
Coopa's escape plan was genius. I think she can fool about anyone. :D Also, I'm glad the special guard unit is powering up. And I'm glad that Fatina got some action in this episode!
Jul 26, 2010 2:54 AM

Sep 2008
I feel bad for Kaaya, seeing that guy naked.

Yay for Utu lifting his mask for a while to show his handsome face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2010 3:22 PM
Mar 2010
Loved this ep, well and the series XD

Coopa biting Melt, ' it's a sign of affection' -> epic

After the OPs i think Kaaya/Jil has been set up from the start ...
I hope it's Fatina and Jil though seeing as the development in this series has been mainly based around them.
Oct 3, 2010 5:55 PM
Jul 2009
All for Jil and Fatina but I don't see it happening. There's only less than an hour left! Oh no!
Jul 8, 2011 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Koopa foot fanservice (footservice?), that was pretty hot actually ;)

Nice episode, I do wonder where the goofy parody series the series started as wandered off to ... ah well, it's been on the more serious side ever since the second season.

Two more eps left ... *cues up 11*
May 6, 2012 6:44 PM

May 2009
Thanks Jil, for confirming that the plot in this anime is absolutely pointless and makes no sense. You're climbing because you're a climber, in other words, the writers couldn't think of anything for him to say so let's just leave it at that.

I've honestly never seen such a crappy script in my life, aside from season 1. It's so bad that it actually makes me want to watch more. Like when something is disgusting, but you can't look away. Nothing they've done or said in this show had a reason at all, and if it does, they say something else to contradict it in the next episode. So I'm kind of glad Jil went ahead and confirmed that with his little speech. Now I can rest easy with the shitty score I gave this show.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jun 16, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
Coopa made me smile this episode :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 15, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Neeba.. when are you going to die ? lol.
And yes.. you climb because you're a climber.
Who cares about everything else.. the whole plot is pointless hahahha.
It won't be weird if there isn't a romance tag in this.. I can't stand this. =__=
Mar 22, 2019 8:22 PM
Mar 2019
Greetings, people from 10 years ago. Yes, I am one of those people who watches old anime. I remember watching AoU and then reading a review under SoU that explicitly complained about this episode, Episode 10. While other people didn't like Jil's answer to Utu when he said "Because I'm a Climber, I climb", I did. No one else paid attention to what preceded that statement: Jil looks away and asks himself "Why do I do this when everything is peaceful and I have no one I need to protect?".

The answer he came to after a minute of thought was that he wanted to climb to the top because that's who he is. He is the kind of person who seeks adventure and his ambition is really nothing particularly noble. And both Utu and Fatina agreed! For Kaaya, it's to kill Gilgamesh's Shadow and restore balance, for Neeba it's to kill Gilgamesh's Shadow and take the Blue Crystal Rod. For Jill, Utu, and Fatina? It's to get to the top. Nothing special, nothing heroic, nothing complicated. I liked it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitamaking - Mar 26, 2009

116 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 6 Discussion

Jacut - Feb 12, 2009

26 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 17, 2021 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jacut - Jan 22, 2009

55 by tokidoki921 »»
Feb 1, 2019 4:42 PM

» Fatina vs. Kaaya ( 1 2 )

mugwump - Jan 13, 2009

87 by TruthfulKid »»
Nov 19, 2018 5:05 AM

Poll: » Tower of Druaga - the Sword of Uruk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mitamaking - Mar 19, 2009

57 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 12, 2018 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.