Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Finally finished the dungeon, but a strange bug about Rudy can not be added as a friend. Those army of fish, where are they coming from?

Jan 11, 2014 10:35 AM
Nov 2013
^
Illidan: The Black Temple was merely a setback! Behold my army of murlocs!
Jan 11, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2011
OH. Rudy just got so much more interesting!!

And oh shit, army of monsters. That was so epic!!
Jan 11, 2014 11:12 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so where did those fish hordes came from?
Jan 11, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
My suspicions were right after all. I'm happy that things turn out this way.

ZensunniPhi said:
^
GODDAMMIT ILLIDAN

Stark700 said:
Taunt skill...sounds weak to me.
Seriously.... SERIOUSLY? This is very important skill to get aggro dude or else everybody on the party will be wiped out. It is not weak at all.

Have you even played MMO?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 11, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2008
Invasion of bi-pedal frog fish!!!
Minori is an excellent pupil of Shiroe's. All she needs is her own pair of glasses.
Shiroe looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Well, I guess, in a way...he does. It was good to see him laugh and smile while talking to Minori.
I really like the chemistry between Rudy and Isuzu.

Shiroe in Machiavellian scheming mode is HOT!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 11, 2014 11:45 AM
Sep 2012
Whee bit of SPOILER

After some closer look, the GUI of Rudy's name is similar to the one of NPC/PotL, in green. While players are in black with purple outline.

for what purpose Rudy decided to join them is still unknown, may be out from loneliness (ditched from partying with lvl40s). or simply want to become a real adventurer.

Knowing the world of Elder Tales there Ancients/Precursors, NPC that much stronger than Players. It only make sense in this new world that there NPC that wish to grow into a stronger person.

With the novice dungeon completed, looking forward for more badassery next week!
Jan 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
Don't take Murlocs lightly. Many an adventurer died to hordes of murlocs in elwynn forest (or elsewhere)

Also, Isuzu has an area blessing of salvation? NICE

And it really looks like the dog is out of the bag for rudy. And from his reaction, I guess he knew it from the beginning but still wanted to "become" an adventurer.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 11, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
silverwalls said:
i guess rundel haus can't be added since he's neither an adventurer or one of the people from the land, but a sorcerer like it was shown last episode. dang we have to wait another week to find out :<

wowo, I never noticed that. Same color.

This ep was really enjoyable with the kids.
Jan 11, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
Log Horizon ~ keeps staying nice and loyal to its parent story and continues to be excellent and now the next arc with new truths and skills coming soon ..and it appears the the people of the land are merging right in with the adventurers.

Mod edit: removed unnecessary/novel spoilers
koleareJan 11, 2014 2:21 PM
Jan 11, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
oh shit murlocs lool

Jan 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Nov 2013
Finally Minori put some sense on the group and they finally cleared that novice dungeon.

Also, nice twist at the end with Rudy.

Jan 11, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2010
Jan 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like the monsters are getting smarter as well.
Great episode explaining party teamwork. Really no movement with the people of the land though. Hope will get some of that next episode.
Jan 11, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh this show is so juvenile. It's one thing to show the kids learning the ropes of teamwork, but to spend so much time for meticulous explanation of party dymanics as if they are revelations... This show is made to appeal to MMO players, yet they're using so many episodes to reveal the absolute basics that even the most casual players know of.

Actually, they're feeding the viewers misinformation. What kind of party member has the sole role looking out for addtional monsters?? Why in the name of hell would you spend so much time gathering aggro when all it took was two spells by the mage to disintegrate the enemies?? And what happened to actually explaining the fact that the healer shouldnt heal right away in order to prevent pulling the monsters??

The characters of this show are so extremely bland, with the only (possible) exception being the protagonist. The loli assassin is the worst of the bunch; she fills almost no purpose whatsoever except for satisfying lolicon desires everywhere (in the show and beyond the monitor). And as implied by the shows ED song, she's supposed to be the second most important character of the show?? I can't wait till the creator of this pulls some plot device out of his ass and explains how she is all important and blah blah blah.

That murloc invasion in the end - such tactful and well though out advancement of the already unbearaly intricate plot.

Terrible.
Jan 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2009
It seems the B-Team finally got their act together. It would be nice if people I party with in PvE Quese would watch this first half, then maybe we wouldn't get wiped all the time LOL.

I liked how this really does fill in people on MMO battles and how strategy is central in raids.

Hmm seems the Rudy x Izusu ship is budding. Its a nice pairing. :D ROTFL A GOLDEN RETRIEVER So cute hahaha XP But well, Rudy is a Lander, while it was heavily hinted last episode, it's been revieled now. Mysteries!

Anyways this episode seems to be a setup for the next few episodes. It seems that it will be filled with the action that everyone has been waiting for. Can't wait to see them. :P

I actually am liking to see the attack of the Sauguhin. Its truly different seeing the scope of it this way.
Jan 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2011
superzarop said:
Actually, they're feeding the viewers misinformation. What kind of party member has the sole role looking out for addtional monsters?? Why in the name of hell would you spend so much time gathering aggro when all it took was two spells by the mage to disintegrate the enemies?? And what happened to actually explaining the fact that the healer shouldnt heal right away in order to prevent pulling the monsters??

Unlike modern day games, monsters wander around zones freely, not just around their own spawns. So yes, you WOULD need someone to watch out for additional mobs, especially in corridors which limit vision.

He spent time gathering aggro because it wasn't only 2 spells. Resonance beat does damage as well:
From Mamare's guide book: "Resonance Beat: Attack skill | Imbues a tune onto a weapon, causing a shockwave on impact, causing a resonance effect with the enemy's body as a medium. Even after the attack is over the effects of the shockwave remains and if an additional attack is made, it will cause a resonance explosion dealing further damage. As 2 hits are needed, the damage dealt is very high."
Now add to that Sorcerers are the highest damage dealer aside from Assassin.

The healer thing doesn't really matter in this case since HoT's don't really generate high aggro.

As for everything else, the anime cuts out too much character interaction (due to fitting 1 chapter per episode), making them all simple, and Akatsuki gets pretty much all of book 6 to herself where she develops due to circumstances, unfortunately the anime will only cover up to book 5...
Jan 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode this week!!! Like always. Rudy really has become my favourite character, I think I've been spoilt as to why he couldn't be added as a friend, but judging from his reaction, and just pondering what's been happening, i'm thinking the spoiler I saw was false. What I saw was that

It would make that one scene in the OP much more understandable. Rudy being compared to a dog had me laughing XD
And there's all this demi-human rebellion happening!! Wonder what the hells going on. Akatsuki raised this one question that i've been pondering about, its that will there memories of the human world be intact after staying there for so long??
Hmmmmm :/
NEXT EPISODE COULDN'T COME ANY QUICKER >_<
Jan 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Oct 2013

Wowowo. This supports my guess... Never noticed this though.
And that scene in the OP where it looks like Rudy is.. dying? ;u;

Tempted to read the LN at this point.. Though I can't really find all 7 volumes fully translated ;<
Jan 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
ZensunniPhi said:
^

Warcraft Frozen Throne~

DenjaX said:
Stark700 said:
Taunt skill...sounds weak to me.
Seriously.... SERIOUSLY? This is very important skill to get aggro dude or else everybody on the party will be wiped out. It is not weak at all.

Have you even played MMO?

@the taunt skill:
We're talking about Log Horizon here and this particular episode. My statement relating to the taunt skill might of been vague here. I was referring to Log Horizon mechanics in particular of this episode because some of the monsters used ranged for attack and the taunting skill has a radius that limits its effectiveness.

The monsters in this episode used ranged and taunting would of been ineffective. I think my thought came out as vague in this case when I was referring to it in general.

From the LN:

Ranged will make taunting ineffective if it's outside its radius. Also, there's a cooldown period not to mention you had to lure the npc to attack you. Again, my statement might of been too vague here. I should of wrote something like "taunting would not be too useful against ranged npcs" or something down that line.
Stark700Jan 11, 2014 2:35 PM
Jan 11, 2014 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
look like shit just hot real.
what with Rudy? I bet he's a NPC, maybe...?
Jan 11, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Opening confirms that Rudy is one of the People of the Land, this shouldn't even be a debate.

antonn said:
Bard: I have this aura ability that reduces every non-tank classes threat. Doesn't that sound useless? I mean it doesn't heal or do damage.

Every raider watching: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Fucking PUGs.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
Awww....

Shiroe looked rejuvenated after listening to Minori.
Minori is a good pupil, can easily make her the head of second unit.

Rudy... Is an NPC isn't he?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2011
All I could hear at the end was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPpnCvCZvw

/war flashbacks

Jan 11, 2014 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
what if the author was just trolling us and it's actually because his friends list is full

cause you know, he's THAT popular ;)
Jan 11, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2011
Intrusion said:
what if the author was just trolling us and it's actually because his friends list is full

cause you know, he's THAT popular ;)

That'd be funny, except friend lists are one way... Which is why the issue with Serara at the start of the story could even happen.
Jan 11, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
You'd think those high level players could run around one-shotting all those murlocs. :P
Jan 11, 2014 3:53 PM
Sep 2011
Marenwynn said:
You'd think those high level players could run around one-shotting all those murlocs. :P
But those high level players are having to keep the low level players safe and there are thousands of those murlocs. Not enough high level players to protect the low levels from them and even if it only takes five seconds to take out one thats probably going to take over an hour of mindless hacking and slashing.
Jan 11, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
Marenwynn said:

This is based around old style MMO's from before WOW made everything easy, A level 90 will be able to handle a few a party dozens at a time, but they will run out of MP pretty fast when constantly fighting.

If I remember rightly there's only about 1 party(6) worth of level 90 training 40-50 noobs ranging from levels in the low single digits to some in the 30-40 range, against what several thousand murlocs.
NewhopesJan 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
Well, a developing episode for the newbs. A solid one.
So the blonde guy is a NPC? Because she can't add him?

I think I found a good foreshadowing, I'll put it in the spoiler tag in case I'm right, anyway:
Jan 11, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
Bit of a boring episode tbh, felt like it was just filler.
Jan 11, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
Episode seemed to drag on for some reason. Never got hooked I guess. Goblin King should be good next week.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 11, 2014 4:12 PM
Mar 2013
Nothings happening.... Like who cares about the bloody noobs we need more high level action where shit gets real. We had Psycho Pass dragging it for 10 episodes, Steins;Gate dragging it for 12 episodes even though I liked the 1st 12, and this. 15 episodes later and nothings happening.
Jan 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Aug 2013
Dammit, someone Leroyed the ocean!

That beach made me miss my magma totems. Also chain lightning. Mmmm chain lightning! And thunderstorm! Can you tell what I played?
Jan 11, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2013
SwiftKilla said:
Nothings happening.... Like who cares about the bloody noobs we need more high level action where shit gets real. We had Psycho Pass dragging it for 10 episodes, Steins;Gate dragging it for 12 episodes even though I liked the 1st 12, and this. 15 episodes later and nothings happening.

Whats comming to this world, no patience what so ever, have to know everything about the plot straight away rather than think about whats going on and it has to have Michael bay style action every episode.
NewhopesJan 11, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 11, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2013
Minori FTW!!!

Wow definitely dog-zoned :3

Rudy is a Person of the Land I guess, that would explain the scene in the opening.
Jan 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2009
Aw man, the plot is growing. I'm getting excited. The next episode is bound to be full of tension.

I really love Minori-chan. She's been kinda painful to watch recently, so I'm glad she finally spoke up. The way she interacts with Shiroe-san is so cute.
Thank goodness that little team finally ended up working. I've been waiting on a episode solely about their development for a while now.

And what's this twist about Rudy? I'm glad I continued to watch this. XP
Jan 11, 2014 4:38 PM

May 2010
Barion-Zara said:
Really nice episode.

The first half with how they discussed their skills together and became a true team finally beating those skeletons was really enjoyable. Awesome team work.

Minori reporting to Shiroe about their adventure and his reactions was a really nice scene. I felt like he was laughing out of Nostalgia for the old days when he used to conquer dungeons with the Tea party and went through all those different experiences :D

Lol'd at how they keep talking bad about Rudy and about how he's an idiot handsome lame guy XD...Isuzu thinking he's a Golden retriever was funny XD

I'm not an LN reader but I guess he's already lost his memories of being an adventurer and thinks he's a person of the land. But I was pretty surprised that just thinking u're a person of the land will block u from the Database?? This is if my theory is correct though ^^;...If not then there's something I'm missing.

Glad to see Dere Lenessia "Do as u like" even if for a bit <3

The end was intense as hell!! I wonder what caused all those Demi-Human fish to attack like that O_O?? No matter how OP u may be I don't think beating them will be an easy task with those numbers. (Lol'd at the Asura fish in the in-between of the ep XD)

Can't wait for nxt ep. This is gonna get good :D

im gonna take an even more wild guess and say that he's actually just a person of the land, not someone who lost his memories, if you look at the opening, you can see izusu crying while he lays there dying, if he was an adventurer, she wouldnt cry because she would know he would get revived, but if he's from the land, he doesnt revive (i dont read the light novel either)
Jan 11, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
PaleBlue said:

That beach made me miss my magma totems. Also chain lightning. Mmmm chain lightning! And thunderstorm! Can you tell what I played?
An elemental shaman in WoW

Murloc attack at the end lol I dont know why they are making such a big deal if they are max level they can just one hit everything.
Jan 11, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 2011
LiquidGold said:
PaleBlue said:

An elemental shaman in WoW

Murloc attack at the end lol I dont know why they are making such a big deal if they are max level they can just one hit everything.

Managing MP is just as important as managing HP in ET from what I have heard, since you can't spam mana potions and such. So they will probably run out of MP at some points.
Jan 11, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
There should be a drinking game for every time Shiroe draws attention to his glasses. Hell, for every bespectacled character in the show.
Jan 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
nothing special in this episode ~_~
Jan 11, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
Aggron said:

Rudy is a Person of the Land I guess, that would explain the scene in the opening.

Hardly possible for many reasons.
The most convincing though would be that he and the girl were talking about food they ate in the real world.

He's surely connected to something important but I do not believe he's a person of the land.
Jan 11, 2014 5:56 PM

Nov 2009
They added some anime originals but it was done well. Can't wait to see the main battle.
Jan 11, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2011
People think this is SAO complaining about pacing and shit. It's main focus is NOT the action, come on!

Also, new OP next week, maybe?
Jan 11, 2014 6:13 PM

Jun 2013
It was great to see the kids finally work together, but whats up with Rudy? Is he an NPC???
Jan 11, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2013
..since I already read the LN, I fast forward a few times and skipped most part of the episode.
Guess I'd need to wait another 1~2 episodes to get to 'that part'.
I like the story a lot...but there're some part of it when the pace could be really slow.
Jan 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
And this ends the build up part of this arc. Episodes 16~20 are going to be great.
Also, OST somehow felt better in this episode.
Jan 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2010
VictorTurtle said:

No please, I want DATABASE even in the 2nd course.
Jan 11, 2014 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
VictorTurtle said:
People think this is SAO complaining about pacing and shit. It's main focus is NOT the action, come on!

This probably won't have another opening. It's the same thing with Phi brain, that airs on the same channel, but half a hour ealier.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.