Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 22, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
If he truly understands her, he would've known that Touma was simply being tsundere.

How the fuck can Haruki Understand Kazusa in the first place?
-She ignored him for most of their time in school
-She completely brushed away his feelings after the festival
-She literally said "YES, I have no problem that Haruki and Setsuna are dating"

How the fuck can he understand this women if she doesn't say anything. Haruki is not a Mind reader...
kaimaxDec 22, 2013 5:57 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
Why are people even responding to stone616, the troll who created an acc yesterday just to push his opinion that setsuna's a bitch everywhere
"His (Lancer's from fate zero) end is also very anticlimactic. I mean as soon as he gets betrayed, he kills himself, and yeah." ---- Rorico's Hipster Gang
Dec 22, 2013 6:35 AM
Aug 2012
tsudecimo said:
This made me roll my eyes so much. That letter scene was just pure horse shit.

I didn't know Tomua was an attention whore. Bleh.

> people discussing the possibility of a school days ending

Is it me or is romance fans are the dumbest fans ever.

School Days probably traumatized them way too much.........i think they don't even know it was the worst ending of a game with multiple good and bad endings.

Dec 22, 2013 7:07 AM

Aug 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
tsudecimo said:
This made me roll my eyes so much. That letter scene was just pure horse shit.

I didn't know Tomua was an attention whore. Bleh.

> people discussing the possibility of a school days ending

Is it me or is romance fans are the dumbest fans ever.

School Days probably traumatized them way too much.........i think they don't even know it was the worst ending of a game with multiple good and bad endings.

You mean its a combination of the 3 bad endings. It's easily the best thing about school day. Without that ending, no one would give it the time of day.

WA2 is like...mature school days. Where the characters aren't so super dumb.
Dec 22, 2013 7:34 AM
Jan 2013
I doubt there will be a school days ending, but i sad and tragic ending.

This Show just does not deserve a happy ending, not after the last 3 episodes. Can't blame one for what has happend, have to blame them all (maybe haruki a bit more than the girls) and that's why i think it would be the best if they break up at the end and all of them have to suffer cause of the mistakes they made.
Dec 22, 2013 8:09 AM
Nov 2013
guys, chill out lol. ep 13 won't be the end of it. It still has closing and coda chapter which will conclude everything later. Like i said before, introductory chapter is just an introduction, don't take it so seriously.
Dec 22, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
I like how I didn't like Setsuna in the beginning because she was too clingy and annoying, and she won the Haruki first and upset me. I would've liked Touma for her stoic personality.
Now Haruki is indecisive and trying to please everyone, and Touma withholding her personality and breaking down over it is annoying as hell.

This show succeeded in making me hate everyone, if that's what its goal was.
Let's see if this can top school days in terms of negative emotional satisfaction.

I can't wait for the "holy grail" follow-up with CC and Coda.
Dec 22, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
kaimax said:

How the fuck can he understand this women if she doesn't say anything. Haruki is not a Mind reader...

- She ignored him but did that deter Haruki to approach her? no, he literally didn't give a fuck Kazusa was being icy cold and that's what made her fell for him

- That was merely an assumption on Haruki's part. Kazusa is a tsundere (and Haruki knew this), whatever she said should never be taken at face value. Why, after brushing off her rejection for months, did he suddenly start being a pathetic guy who's scared of what Kazusa thinks of him?

- Here in lies the problem, why in the blue world did he accept Setsuna's feelings in the first place? for pity? that's a weakness on Haruki's part. Did he start liking Kazusa after the festival? no! He already liked her since she taught her how to play guitar. If Haruki wasn't such a coward, he'd have confessed to her regardless of what he thought Kazusa's feeling was. The very least he could do was delay his answer towards Setsuna and confirm his feelings to Kazusa first.
Dec 22, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2008
Vladz0r said:
I like how I didn't like Setsuna in the beginning because she was too clingy and annoying, and she won the Haruki first and upset me. I would've liked Touma for her stoic personality.
Now Haruki is indecisive and trying to please everyone, and Touma withholding her personality and breaking down over it is annoying as hell.

This show succeeded in making me hate everyone, if that's what its goal was.
Let's see if this can top school days in terms of negative emotional satisfaction.

I can't wait for the "holy grail" follow-up with CC and Coda.

In which you will truly hate everyone. Well hopefully not Setsuna, but you might hate her too by the end. Actually what the characters are doing here is rather light in comparison.

It's a little different then school days though. School days doesn't take itself very seriously obviously so it can be an entertaining bout of negative emotion. WA2 is more just depressing and exhausting and not in a good way.
Dec 22, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:

-I didn't ask on how she fell in love with him.
But once again, without no actual feedback from Kazusa, it's worthless, and once again Haruki is not a mind reader.

-and who caused that "Assumptions" to happen? Surprise-surprise it's Kazusa herself, and once again he's not a mind reader.
(and Haruki knew this)

Citation needed.
and which normal human being has the train-of thought like this, "Oh she's a tsundere, I better reverse all her Yeses and Noes".

-Because Guess what? He also have feelings for Setsuna like a perfectly normal human being, his love isn't just exclusive for one girl. And what did Kazusa do, kiss him in his sleep.
Who's the coward here? It's obviously Kazusa.

And You still didn't answered my question:
HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU UNDERSTAND SOMEONE, WHEN THEY NEVER TALK BACK?

Dec 22, 2013 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
Exactly. Haruki isn't a mind reader, and believe it or not you can have feelings for 2 people at the same time. He just happens to have stronger feelings for Kazusa.
Dec 22, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
jiraiya_sensei said:
kaimax said:

- She ignored him but did that deter Haruki to approach her? no, he literally didn't give a fuck Kazusa was being icy cold and that's what made her fell for him

- That was merely an assumption on Haruki's part. Kazusa is a tsundere (and Haruki knew this), whatever she said should never be taken at face value. Why, after brushing off her rejection for months, did he suddenly start being a pathetic guy who's scared of what Kazusa thinks of him?

- Here in lies the problem, why in the blue world did he accept Setsuna's feelings in the first place? for pity? that's a weakness on Haruki's part. Did he start liking Kazusa after the festival? no! He already liked her since she taught her how to play guitar. If Haruki wasn't such a coward, he'd have confessed to her regardless of what he thought Kazusa's feeling was. The very least he could do was delay his answer towards Setsuna and confirm his feelings to Kazusa first.

It works both ways. If Kazusa wasn't such a tsundere, she'd have confessed to Haruki when Setsuna told her to, but she just kept lying to herself. In that sense, Kazusa is just as big a coward. It's like he said, how was he just supposed to know how she felt if she didn't say anything?
Dec 22, 2013 1:36 PM
Dec 2012
Yay <3 although Haruki ended up being a jerk, Setsuna also I guess, I'm glad he went to Touma because they are way better suited <3
Dec 22, 2013 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
Two things have been affirmed for me in this one episode:

Touma and Kitahara, without a doubt, belong together and deserve each other in all the positive and negative ways that can be construed.

Setsuna is magnificent and I hope she finds someone. Takeya, for being such a perceived playboy, is quite intuitive and sensitive, perhaps he would be a good match for her.
Dec 22, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
The drama was everywhere lol. That last scene was really beautiful and the song was perfect :D

I also really liked Takeya in this episode. Despite being a playboy the guy knows what will happen to Haruki if he choses Kazusa.

Only 1 more... I really hope that this gets a second season in Spring or Summer season.
KaitonDec 22, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 22, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2010
Haruki deserves his nice boat.

Touma was great, the ending scene is touching. 5/5 feels.
Dec 22, 2013 4:07 PM

Dec 2012
draker said:
Barion-Zara said:

Anyway, all 3 have major faults.

That's what I mostly like about this show. Nobody's either entirely right or wrong. They're treated as real human beings, and not just mere anime characters. They feel alive.

I really feel like that's what's captured me most about WA2. The love triangle itself is nothing new, but the way it's been executed is what is making it so interesting and enjoyable. I really feel for Setsuna and Kazusa and want them both to be happy, and that's what makes it all the more difficult. Because I actually care about both characters and it's not like I'll rally for one ship or the other like I'm repping my hometown's sports team.

I see lots of people mentioning School Days. Honestly this episode gave me more KimiNozo vibes than anything. It's self explanatory for those who have seen it.
Dec 22, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
Oh well, I give up. Even though Setsuna is my favorite girl the official pair must Haruki and Kazusa.

I wonder if we will get an original anime ending or if we are going to get a new season.
Dec 22, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
kaimax said:

and which normal human being has the train-of thought like this, "Oh she's a tsundere, I better reverse all her Yeses and Noes".

-Because Guess what? He also have feelings for Setsuna like a perfectly normal human being, his love isn't just exclusive for one girl. And what did Kazusa do, kiss him in his sleep.

Yeah, yeah.. us guys always like to complain a girl never speaks her mind, don't we? "She should've just told me how she feels!", "Why doesn't she clearly say it?", "I'm not a mind reader". Wow, I guess that makes Kazusa a real coward huh? just like... OMG, every other girl in this world! Surprise, surprise....!! Well guess what missy, a male's job is to understand her not read her mind. Absurd? yes it is and that's how it has always been.

Never? NEVER??

What about all those days chasing Kazusa to join the club? her cute response when he saw her with only bath towel? what about all those nights practicing guitar together? what about when Haruki took care of her cold? as stoic as Kazusa is, there was quite a clear tension (sexual/romantic) between them during those interactions.

There were quite a lot of hints towards her true feelings.. not that it really matters anyway. And after the festival ended? they were both alone in the music room and had that conversation where even Kazusa admitted that she was happy and enjoyed her time with Haruki and Kazusa. Imo that and there is when Haruki should've confessed to Kazusa.

And you still haven't answered my question
Why, after being a cool guy that brushed off her rejection for months, did he suddenly start being a pathetic guy who's scared of what Kazusa thinks of him?

This is a guy who forced himself into her many, many times and didn't give a fuck even when she told him off. I don't buy it if you say he suddenly got a cold feet before confessing, I doubt someone like that could do what Haruki did to Kazusa. Most guys would just bail if they ever get treated like that by a girl.

I doubt he actually has feelings for Setsuna, at least not that much. Even Setsuna admitted that Haruki put her feelings first before his and that's why he accepted her confession. Setsuna is merely his rebound relationship.
MoeGodDec 22, 2013 7:04 PM
Dec 22, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
kaimax said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

-I didn't ask on how she fell in love with him.
But once again, without no actual feedback from Kazusa, it's worthless, and once again Haruki is not a mind reader.

-and who caused that "Assumptions" to happen? Surprise-surprise it's Kazusa herself, and once again he's not a mind reader.
(and Haruki knew this)

Citation needed.

you know that gestures and face express like 80-85% of the human langage? words are like 20-25%... i dont say its a good think to not really talk back...
Dec 22, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
Well guess what missy, a male's job is to understand her not read her mind. Absurd? yes it is and that's how it has always been.

Citation needed, if you don't have one that's just sexist.

Never? NEVER??

Yes, She never talked about her feelings, and once again Haruki is not a mind reader.

What about all those days chasing Kazusa to join the club?
At that point he doesn't know it was even Kazusa, and after that it was mostly because Setsuna only wanted to sing with that "Piano-Kun". This has no relevance at all.

her cute response when he saw her with only bath towel?
Just because a girl acted cute to him, does that automatically mean that she likes him. If that was true by now I would already have a harem.

what about all those nights practicing guitar together?
Kazusa never talked about her feelings, so it's still worthless.

what about when Haruki took care of her cold? as stoic as Kazusa is, there was quite a clear tension (sexual/romantic) between them during those interactions.
He took care of her, because their friends at that point, and he wanted their band to succeed.

they were both alone in the music room and had that conversation where even Kazusa admitted that she was happy and enjoyed her time with Haruki and Kazusa. Imo that and there is when Haruki should've confessed to Kazusa.

He did, and what did Kazusa do sobbed away.

Why, after being a cool guy that brushed off her rejection for months, did he suddenly start being a pathetic guy who's scared of what Kazusa thinks of him?

1. I already said that his feelings aren't exclusive to one girl
2. She's already dating with Setsuna
3. He was confident because "he knew" that their relationship is not bothering Kazusa
4. Lasty The lies of Kazusa has finally taken it's toll.

I doubt he actually has feelings for Setsuna, at least not that much. Even Setsuna admitted that Haruki put her feelings first before his and that's why he accepted her confession. Setsuna is merely his rebound relationship.

You'll eat those words once the 2nd season is out, I'm not going to spoil things.

Dec 22, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2013
I feel so bad for her :(
Made me want to cry too :/
I'm happy for Touma but someone always have to get hurt :/

Touma is to be blamed too.. she never took the step forward with him but ugh they're both good choices.. Can't choose between the two :(
busydudeDec 22, 2013 8:19 PM
Dec 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
kaimax said:

It's called experience, you must not have many good experience with girls. It's what most girls do, deal with it. Why can't Kazusa be coy about her feelings and other girls can?

I bet you're the type that will keep asking why's and offers tons of advices when a girl comes crying to you instead of just listening. You probably don't know how to flirt either if you can't capitalize a girl's cute response to your advantage.

kaimax said:

Stop saying never, she did response to him even if it's not the most obvious "I love you, Haruki" way. Firstblood already mentioned that body language and facial expressions are far more important than words. From the way they interacted, Kazusa's reaction towards him, and all those tensions it should have been very clear even if Kazusa never talked about her feelings. I pity you if you think that girls must always spell what's on her mind for you to understand them.

kaimax said:

No he didn't. He went about it in a roundabout way which created those assumptions. Did he ever say "I love you?". That he wants her despite what happened with Setsuna? like you know, what he did in the park? he clearly doesn't give a fuck about Setsuna because he confessed to Kazusa anyway.

To put it simply, what he did in episode 12 he should've done it in episode 7!

kaimax said:

3. He was confident because "he knew" that their relationship is not bothering Kazusa

Here in lies the problem and why I said Haruki was the source of all the problem. He clearly likes Kazusa FIRST AND FOREMOST. If he wasn't such an indecisive bastard, he would have rejected Setsuna and go for the girl he likes THE MOST. Or you know, say "I can't answer you yet" and finish his business with Kazusa first, sort out his feelings and then give the answer to Setsuna.

And that still didn't answer my question, going by the logic that he doesn't give a fuck what Kazusa thought of him then he should just push on and make Kazusa his no matter the circumstances. He's dating Setsuna? He "thought" Kazusa was okay? Kazusa lied? who the fuck cares! Those are petty and insignificant compared to the rejections that he suffered from Kazusa ever since they started talking each other.

At that point Haruki should have known not to take what Kazusa said at face value (thus rendering her lies useless), just like he ALWAYS did over the past few months.
MoeGodDec 22, 2013 9:39 PM
Dec 22, 2013 11:39 PM
Mar 2013
Imho........

Haruki - He should've been honest with Setsuna from the beginning about his feelings. If he doesn't like her then just dump her. Yes, it might hurt her feelings but she'll eventually accept it over time. His indecisiveness is partially what caused this fiasco..

Touma - Most of you guys keep on pointing about her "tsun" nature. But maybe she doesn't want to confess because she's afraid that he might not reciprocate to her feelings and leave her (like her Mom)? I don't really know if being afraid and traumatized are considered as flaws, but yeah its partially her fault too for not being honest with herself. (Though I can't really blame her.)

Setsuna- I don't think that its right to just pursue your desires without thinking of the consequences, But I can't really blame her for being selfish. She's human after all. But what I really hated is how sly she was when she kissed Haruki. I mean if she just told him straight up about her feelings, I don't think she'll get the same result. But that seems like the right way to do it. I know she's being smart about it and all, but wasn't it emphasized through the series that she values Touma as her best friend? And even after they started going out, does she have to drag Touma with her all the time( Hot spring scene). It's like she's rubbing it in her face while at the same time she keeps on mentioning how they're best friends. It feel like she's intentionally making Touma guilty for having feelings for Haruki while at the same time rubbing it in her face about how she got the better out of her.

Just my thoughts.............
Dec 23, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
Kazusa all the way ! Finally , I've been waiting this for ages , Haruki x Kazusa. You better not mess this shit up Haruki. Btw , the ending where they kissed , the bgm is sang by Setsuna ? Sounds like it lol.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 23, 2013 12:29 AM

Jun 2013
kaimax said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
Well guess what missy, a male's job is to understand her not read her mind. Absurd? yes it is and that's how it has always been.

Never? NEVER??

Yes, She never talked about her feelings, and once again Haruki is not a mind reader.

What about all those days chasing Kazusa to join the club?
At that point he doesn't know it was even Kazusa, and after that it was mostly because Setsuna only wanted to sing with that "Piano-Kun". This has no relevance at all.

her cute response when he saw her with only bath towel?
Just because a girl acted cute to him, does that automatically mean that she likes him. If that was true by now I would already have a harem.

what about all those nights practicing guitar together?
Kazusa never talked about her feelings, so it's still worthless.

what about when Haruki took care of her cold? as stoic as Kazusa is, there was quite a clear tension (sexual/romantic) between them during those interactions.
He took care of her, because their friends at that point, and he wanted their band to succeed.

they were both alone in the music room and had that conversation where even Kazusa admitted that she was happy and enjoyed her time with Haruki and Kazusa. Imo that and there is when Haruki should've confessed to Kazusa.

You'll eat those words once the 2nd season is out, I'm not going to spoil things.

You sure you're not a god ?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 23, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
]-snip-

Oh good, personal attacks that are irrelevant. Congratulations on throwing your credibility away.
And you're just going around and around with your assumptions on how to be a male and the job of being a male. Guess what that's your opinion, and Haruki is not you.

And You still didn't answer my question:

You keep saying "understand, understand, understand". But you simply can't understand the characters and just keep white knighting Kazusa.
kaimaxDec 23, 2013 1:07 AM

Dec 23, 2013 1:03 AM

Feb 2010
And Haruki and Kazusa moved on (well probably). Quite a good resolution for this shitty love triangle.

I've always hated anime that has love triangles (I like harems though).
Probably the best drama this season.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 23, 2013 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
kaimax said:

Oh good, personal attacks that are irrelevant. Congratulations on throwing your credibility away.
And you're just going around and around with your assumptions on how to be a male and the job of being a male. Guess what that's your opinion, and Haruki is not you.

It is not my assumption. Women not speaking their mind is very common and I was merely pointing out your apparent lack of experience with girls & dating is what makes you unable to see that. Good luck getting a girlfriend if every time you need a clear green light before making a move.

PS: It's never gonna happen unless the girl is that desperate.

kaimax said:

I've already answered that question, it is very possible to understand someone without putting too much words. You're the one who refused to read it. If you're that adamant then please dispute my answer instead of asking the same question again and again.

Another important point, I've already stated that what Kazusa thinks is irrelevant because Haruki NEVER gave a fuck about it anyway. That's how he was able to get close to her in the first place. With or WITHOUT Kazusa spouting off her feelings (which is totally not her style), he should still go on and confess to her.

In that same tone, you also refused to answer my question about Haruki's sudden change clearly since I've already disputed your answer. Where did all that bravado go? why did it suddenly come back AFTER he dated and led Setsuna on? Instead of confessing to Kazusa from the get go, he just has to date Setsuna only to dump her again and again, first during her birthday and then by chasing Kazusa after graduation. It's almost like he's hurting Setsuna on purpose.
MoeGodDec 23, 2013 2:01 AM
Dec 23, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2008
Some women don't speak their mind, some men don't speak their mind. And what do you know some do. Not all people work the same way, otherwise Haruki would be able to handle Setsuna and Kazusa in the exact same fashion.

Haruki's never had a girlfriend nor does he have much experience with dealing with emotional matters. Him not being able to read between the lines is perfectly acceptable if you ask me. Plus it's a little absurd regardless. This also explains his lack of bravado...because he wasn't dealing with an emotional matter before. He's only good at dealing with matters that he can apply some amount of logic to.
Dec 23, 2013 4:11 AM

Oct 2012
The reason why white album 2 is so great is because it shows a very realistic love triangle. None of the characters are bad or evil. They are realistic. Sure Setsuna knew that Touma and Haruki loved each other but they didn't know about it and she took the initiative. But in reality how many people would cheer them on and let their own love go to waste. The characters have their flaws. But we all have our flaws. Almost all the humans on earth are selfish to a certain extent. Would you blame someone for fighting for his or her own love? People should really stop blaming the characters. Yes, they are flawed, yes they are selfish, but this is what makes them feel like humans. And thats what many anime today fail to do.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Dec 23, 2013 4:18 AM

Nov 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:

I've already answered that question, it is very possible to understand someone without putting too much words. You're the one who refused to read it. If you're that adamant then please dispute my answer instead of asking the same question again and again.

Another important point, I've already stated that what Kazusa thinks is irrelevant because Haruki NEVER gave a fuck about it anyway. That's how he was able to get close to her in the first place. With or WITHOUT Kazusa spouting off her feelings (which is totally not her style), he should still go on and confess to her.

I agree that it is possible to understand someone, through actions and face expression. But, here's a BUT word - Kazusa never shows any of her expression nor action in front of Haruki to make him thinks that she likes her. Against someone who's good at conceal their feelings(as Kazusa has been through and she's pretty much good at it), the possibility to discover their true self is quite low. Remember the scene at the end of their performance? You really should watch it again to see how good was Kazusa, tried to hide her feelings and she confused Haruki as well.

Here's another thing. Haruki is just a boy who happens to be in love for the first time. And between Kazusa and Setsuna, he likes them both. The liking word is similar to love, but in a different way. He has both their affection, but deep down in his heart he truly love Kazusa more than Setsuna. And it just takes him too long to realize that he cannot live without Kazusa, when it's already too late. I think that he likes Setsuna, but love Touma. And with a person who has just recently in love for the first time, he tends to be confused between "like" and "love".
Dec 23, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my... i knew it the story would be like this.. >_<

but i'm glad he confess to kazusa.. :P
Dec 23, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
Oh boy here we go. The trainwreck.

Dec 23, 2013 10:36 AM
Oct 2013
I feel sorry for Setsuna, she put the blame all to herself. Although it pretty obvious it's not only her fault in this situation. Although I like Kazusa but I want Setsuna to be pair up with Haruki. Somehow I find Haruki and Tada Banri from Golden Time similar to each other in terms of being a unloyal bastards to their girlfriends. Although Haruki is much worse.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Dec 23, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
YES , I wanted it from the first episode to be touma and Haruki :3!!!
I feel sorry for setsuna but oh well she was in the middle :|
Can't wait final episode <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 23, 2013 3:28 PM
May 2013
Kazusa did tell her feelings to him
but she does that through her piano, because her social skills are terrible
and Haruki doesn't develop the ability to decipher her piano feelings, until later

as for Haruki. It's as he says himself.
He had the suspicion that Kazusa might like him, but he thought it was all in his head.
And that's why Todokanai Koi lyrics are they they are.

So in the end, you have a socially stunted Kazusa, a risk avoiding Haruki and Setsuna who panic'd and forced the issue prematurely

terrible combination
Dec 23, 2013 4:33 PM

Sep 2012
Kazusa tho
Dec 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
I wish there could be a threesome ending.
Dec 23, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
hirahira said:
I wish there could be a threesome ending.

I wish the final episode could be rated Rx+
Dec 23, 2013 7:02 PM

Feb 2012
That was so brilliant. I mean the directing, the sequencing and pacing of the scenes, perfectly done. This anime was one of the surprises this season, too bad it's so underrated. I don't know why tho.

This show made me really feel how vulnerable our affection are to our special someones. No one so far since Ano Natsu and Ano Hana has ever made me feel this way. I hope they make another season. I went apeshit watching the last few episodes. It's just so painful to watch 'cause i like both heroines, tho i really prefer kazusa. I hope this ends well.
Dec 24, 2013 1:04 AM
Oct 2011
kaimax said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
]-snip-

You're right. We could see Touma's hints because we are the watchers. Haruki did not have that kind of convenience. The dude wrote a poem about his love. That's the most obvious you can get barring a confession. It's Touma who needed to realize Haruki's feelings. Touma's actions were not that indicative of her feelings and she did not act particularly friendly towards Haruki either. Haruki just sticked around her because of his nature. You seriously cannot expect someone to stick around her in real life. I know that she was acting because the teacher told her to but Haruki did not know that. It would be foolish and rather arrogant of someone to believe that a girl likes him when she treats him as Touma treated Haruki. Those are the kinds of guys who thinks that they are hot stuff and every woman wants him.

I don't say that it was all Touma's fault. I do keep my eyes open when watching this show. All three of them are at fault more or less equally. It just depends on your viewpoint. If you believe that being a male is a job, you will see the situation differently than me who believes that being a male is simply an accident you had absolutely no control over. I don't think Haruki bought a "male" plan before being born, so he cannot be held responsible for something he did not choose to do. Yes, Haruki is obliged to understand his friends but not as a male but as a person. Females share that obligations as well.
Dec 24, 2013 3:57 AM
Aug 2013
I hope it won't end up like the visual novel, where Setsuna convinces Haruki to go to the airport together to see Kazusa off. That would be just heart-breaking.

And then I also don't get the reason why the producers would put a spoiler like that at the beginning, maybe they'll only change the end. Although I wonder how would they manage to do that.

The series were pretty decent, although it went pretty School Days style from like episode 10, which is really despised, but I hope that Haruki and Kazusa end up together, which I do not really believe because Kazusa would have to hurt Setsuna in order to achieve that.

Well, whatever, I just hate bad endings, and I'm going to strip some points if the ending is going to be bad.
Dec 24, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm impressed (but not surprised) by all the hating and flaming going on. Also I find any attempts of comparison between WA2 and School Days flat out wrong.

From my viewpoint, WA2 is a story succesfully presenting how weak the heart is when it comes to romance and how selfish humans are by nature. And that's exactly why our actions aren't always alligned with what is the 'right thing' to do. Would you really obey logic when you are in love and the person you desire is within reach? Would you really give up on your hapiness and hurt yourself just because your choice would end up hurting a third person? You can never have both sides of a coin.

WA2 uses a realistic triangle to present above message. Depending on your personal taste, experiences and emotional/sexual maturity, you will also choose one of the girls. Just accept it and enjoy it.
Dec 24, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2013
I thought Haruki will be a decent MC but it seems that i was deceived. He is just your typical indecisive dude like the MC from the first White Album. Extremely frustrating. MAN UP HARUKI BREAK UP SETSUNA ALREADY!!!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 24, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2008
Hetakoi said:
I'm impressed (but not surprised) by all the hating and flaming going on. Also I find any attempts of comparison between WA2 and School Days flat out wrong.

From my viewpoint, WA2 is a story succesfully presenting how weak the heart is when it comes to romance and how selfish humans are by nature. And that's exactly why our actions aren't always alligned with what is the 'right thing' to do. Would you really obey logic when you are in love and the person you desire is within reach? Would you really give up on your hapiness and hurt yourself just because your choice would end up hurting a third person? You can never have both sides of a coin.

WA2 uses a realistic triangle to present above message. Depending on your personal taste, experiences and emotional/sexual maturity, you will also choose one of the girls. Just accept it and enjoy it.

Nah the VN certainly does have plenty of school days moments and situations so its not entirely wrong (though wrong for IC). It's not as extreme of course but certainly present.

But yeah shippers...calm down lawl.
Dec 24, 2013 8:24 AM
Apr 2011
I've never been a big fan of strict VN adaptations, especially of opening chapters and I feel like this show encapsulates every reason why that is. Unless its mashiroiro, because by god was that a fantastic adaptation even if it was still bogged down by "flags".

I know well enough what the ending will be come Saturday but it feels like such a disconnect with how the anime has been presented. I have a sinking suspicion that the opinions on Saturday of many anime-only viewers will be struck with a large sense of unrealness to the "resolution" as it comes, and I wouldn't blame them after the last half of the show. There's a lot of directorial flare added once the VN hits the screen from the director. Its fitting that the whole issue and drama here feels "stupid" for lack of a better word, just as it did in the VN which isn't a negative mind, but the on-screen chemistry in the anime is just so entirely lopsided in presentation that it hurts my head to try and marry the VN (even K-TE) to the anime.

For lack of a better way of putting it, in a strict comparison the anime has presented so little two-sided chemistry from Setsuna and Haruki where as they might as well have had a dufflebag full of bricks to our heads for the other pairing. They've presented plenty of per-character emotion from all of the leads, but the actual interactive chemistry has been mercilessly one-sided in presentation. That wasn't entirely untrue in the VN but the VN lacks an element of fluid character expression/reaction, and I wouldn't have been able to say the same so easily had I just been watching someone play the VN instead of watching this anime adaptation.

Word of note, of course, is that I was never the biggest fan of this VN. I thought it started strong in the IC but the CC really makes somethings completely unbearable and idiotic, and, much to the detriment of what was a very grounded story in its interim, unrealistic.
Dec 24, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm you really do make quite a good point there Venats. I possibly didn't notice it because I was used to the VN and it's hard not to remember facts from it as opposed to just taking what the anime gives you.

Surprised to see someone agree with me that IC was very good but CC was not great at all.
Dec 24, 2013 1:05 PM
Apr 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Hmm you really do make quite a good point there Venats. I possibly didn't notice it because I was used to the VN and it's hard not to remember facts from it as opposed to just taking what the anime gives you.

The anime is pretty clear cut (surprisingly) on its characterization. Part of it sometimes feels a bit heavy handed, particularly in Setsuna's case with all the ~hidden eyes, I know the truth~ presentations. She's always been the "meddler" but the anime pushes that much harder than the VN did while also really slapping on the chemistry between Kazusa and Haruki. (I mean, we had an episode and a half exploring things so one-sidedly, which you never got for Setsuna.) Not to say she's placed in "the wrong" or "the villain" roles, she's just not presented as "the girl", more "the plot device".

Which, again, really strikes me as odd unless they do some really off-the-cuff stuff next episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.