Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2013 8:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
bit mixed feelings on how they adapted this but I guess I'm okay with it... although it would have been more emotional to do it the long way instead of going straight to the True end
Dec 21, 2013 8:49 AM
Apr 2013
Draakisback said:
Heres a question for all of you. How did riki and rin end up being the only ones thrown from the bus? and if they were thrown from the bus, how the hell did they only manage to have minor injuries? I kind of understand why JC staff put them outside the bus in this scene but it is logically silly as hell. Kyouske talking telling them the entire time that they were the only survivors yet they were thrown from a bus that fell off a cliff? yeah right? more likely that everyone else survives and they both die brutal deaths. I guess you could try to explain it away by saying that kyouske or kengo and masato carried them out of the bus while in the fake world, but this makes no sense at all considering if they had that capability they would have done it for everyone.

Yes i understand that this is an anime and it doesnt need to be completely logical, but seriously? this is just one of the big issues i had with this episode.

Dec 21, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
Draakisback said:
Heres a question for all of you. How did riki and rin end up being the only ones thrown from the bus? and if they were thrown from the bus, how the hell did they only manage to have minor injuries? I kind of understand why JC staff put them outside the bus in this scene but it is logically silly as hell. Kyouske talking telling them the entire time that they were the only survivors yet they were thrown from a bus that fell off a cliff? yeah right? more likely that everyone else survives and they both die brutal deaths. I guess you could try to explain it away by saying that kyouske or kengo and masato carried them out of the bus while in the fake world, but this makes no sense at all considering if they had that capability they would have done it for everyone.

Yes i understand that this is an anime and it doesnt need to be completely logical, but seriously? this is just one of the big issues i had with this episode.

Kyousuke was also thrown from the bus, and he was able to crawl back.
I think in the Little Busters world, being thrown out of the bus actually saves you o_O

It would've made so much more sense for Riki and Rin to still be inside the bus being hugged by Masato and Kengo... at least that's what I thought.

And as the other guy said, it was the same in the VN anyway. Based Maeda.
Dec 21, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2012
All that music cut off in the middle of the songs tore at my heart....;(

Btw i still love this episode.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags~
koagzeroDec 21, 2013 11:57 AM
Dec 21, 2013 9:14 AM
Jul 2011
Hmm I thought people would like the true end. I liked the character development for Rin for this episode.
Dec 21, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
i havent played the novel but, the fact that there is hope just seems so wrong, and here i was thinking that thy wwould barely survive an explotion, or that they woould hear it from far away, but thay had all the tim in the world to go back and try to save them? it just seems wrong...

well let´s see the true ending...i haave really high hopes for this ones, if done well it might even surpass after story (well the author say this one is his masterpice, but we'll see, after story and angel beats are not going to be easily surpassed)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 21, 2013 9:21 AM

Aug 2012
Blunders and blasphemies. Good job JC Staff. Really.
Dec 21, 2013 9:26 AM
May 2011
Zero_r2 said:
i havent played the novel but, the fact that there is hope just seems so wrong, and here i was thinking that thy wwould barely survive an explotion, or that they woould hear it from far away, but thay had all the tim in the world to go back and try to save them? it just seems wrong...

well let´s see the true ending...i haave really high hopes for this ones, if done well it might even surpass after story (well the author say this one is his masterpice, but we'll see, after story and angel beats are not going to be easily surpassed)

Little Busters surpassed Angel Beats eons ago.
Dec 21, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
Wow the buscrash was really good executed, still one episode to go
Dec 21, 2013 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
Draakisback said:

You do realise that they were outside in the VN as well, right? Play the scene again, they get up, turn around and BAM! Outside, looking at the bus.
Dec 21, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2011
JC Staff, I have one word to say to you, f[rest is omitted]...

WHAT THE? I was waiting by seconds all this week to see this episode, and guess what I have got? NOTHING, Absolutely NOTHING: just stupid animation to fill the episodes count so it would be some darned 13 NOT 12....

----
Waiting for Rewrite adaption or Little Busters ( version 2016 ) ........
lightningfalconDec 21, 2013 9:42 AM
Dec 21, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2013
Kiniest said:
Zero_r2 said:

Little Busters surpassed Angel Beats eons ago.

Angel Beats:
Score: 8.581 (scored by 178096 users)
Ranked: #652
Popularity: #8

Little Busters Refrain:
Score: 8.321 (scored by 4315 users)
Ranked: #1852
Popularity: #1126

Yea it surpassed it "eons" ago... #sarcasm
Dec 21, 2013 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
I actually like what JC Staff is doing although there are some part that make me say wtf. Hospital scene wouldn't go well with the anime adaptation.
Dec 21, 2013 9:39 AM
Apr 2013
julyan04 said:
Blunders and blasphemies. Good job JC Staff. Really.

Blasphemies? Really? Really?! Good lord people. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 adaption. Has no one heard of the expression "Change is good"
Dec 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
I think last episode set the bar too high for VN players... I think most of them were expecting a 1:1... (But Riki fainting by the bus is actual bullshit. Other than that, solid episode)
Dec 21, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
I dunno.
The route JC Staff just builds up to a tragedy that never happens.
They could've at least tried to satisfy people who would go for either a tragic end or this happy ending.

The true end is only "logical" when Maeda decides "Oh, Little Busters is about becoming stronger, not overcoming tragedy. Riki and Rin just need to get stronger and save everyone and it'll be fine" while the side routes were about overcoming tragedy moreso than Riki and Rin actually becoming stronger.

It's bad, easily as bad as Clannad's, except that adaptation and the VN at least did both endings. Now people can't even be satisfied with the tragic end it was aiming for. We're just forced into this "true end" that subverted many of the themes and ideas that it built up to.
Dec 21, 2013 9:48 AM
Apr 2013
So tragic ending then deus ex machina happy true end is better than happy true end that feels properly built up. I'm just not following...
Dec 21, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Dat bus scene though. No explosion? Not a tear was shed. Oh well.
Dec 21, 2013 9:51 AM

Mar 2011
Tyrel said:
Dat bus scene though. No explosion? Not a tear was shed. Oh well.

No tear this week, cheer up!

I hope we'll cry next week...
Dec 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
Dat bus scene, damn... at least Riki and Rin manage to survive but the others just really tragic...

Well, Riki and Rin said "It's not over yet" and they will eventually find a way to save everyone from these tragic events.

Let's see how they manage to do this in the last episode for next week.

Dec 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2008
Seano299 said:
I think last episode set the bar too high for VN players... I think most of them were expecting a 1:1... (But Riki fainting by the bus is actual bullshit. Other than that, solid episode)

Can someone please explain to me WHY fainting by the bus is bullshit.
Wafuu~
Dec 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
MCAL said:
So tragic ending then deus ex machina happy true end is better than happy true end that feels properly built up. I'm just not following...

I'd much rather have multiple interpretations of the themes of the series, where the bad/normal end implies overcoming tragedies, and the "true end" saying "Fuck all of that. The dream world was for Riki and Rin to become stronger. Now they can save everyone!"

This ending just gave us the happy end the true end's theme contradictions. Unless they can brilliantly make up for this and give a convincing explanation for why the LBs should get to live, I'm not convinced. Maeda couldn't even entirely convince me, so there's that... I like the happy ending, but the tragic one was what actually made more sense thematically, and the anime just deletes that one entirely.
Dec 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
cxu said:
Seano299 said:

Sorry, but I got no answer for you, 'cause it's not bullshit.
Dec 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
I don't even know how to rate this episode. I was expecting people dying,

My feels just went out the window.
Just (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻

EDIT: spoiler tags
LeccaDec 21, 2013 10:06 AM
Dec 21, 2013 10:03 AM

Mar 2011
Tyrel said:
cxu said:
Seano299 said:

Sorry, but I got no answer for you, 'cause it's not bullshit.

That's one thing I liked about this episode....

Lecca said:
. My feels just went out the window.
Just (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well... now I thought of it again, perhaps it's too much for that to fit in one episode... this should be the only reason why they had to add this ODD episode ... you know, airing an anime episode is really costing
Dec 21, 2013 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
theKDL said:

Lecca said:
. My feels just went out the window.
Just (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well... now I thought of it again, perhaps it's too much for that to fit in one episode... this should be the only reason why they had to add this ODD episode ... you know, airing an anime episode is really costing

Thanks for reminding me to spoiler tag that.

And here I thought they would pour budget into this episode since if I remember correctly they've cut out animation quality in some episodes or I might just be hallucinating.
Dec 21, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
Lol for a moment it looked like desk was talking to Rin. Anyway bit of a strange ep, doesn't feel complete at all.

Dec 21, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
cxu said:
Seano299 said:

Dec 21, 2013 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
And here I thought JC Staff made the episode an abomination. I forgot that some VN readers tend to overreact if the adaptation was slightly different to the VN.

Good episode nonetheless. The scenes with the girls were kind of creepy with them looking like ghosts with half of their body being colorless.

Too bad they did not put the bad end cause I prefer that over the true end. For me a tear-jerking tragedy is better than a forced happy ending.

Kind of surprised when they used the happy-sounding ED instead of another sad song. And finally Riki voicing the preview.

Next episode is the last episode! Oh God i don't want it to end yet! Overcome this final task. Next time, The Little Busters.
Dec 21, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2012
Nothing to say other than a great episode! Differences to the VN or whatever.... I don't give a damn.(I spoiled myself with the VN ending.... so I know)

The episode as a whole was brilliant. I have no idea how they are going to end the story, but as far as THIS episode is concerned, I think it was good.

Rin scenes were just.... T-T
Dec 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Oct 2013
being said as the pinnacle of his work..
But to be honest, this is nowhere near Clannad after story level
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
Toaki90 said:

If you compare the animes then yes this is nowhere near Afterstory. But if you compare their source material, then Little Busters VN is the better one.
Dec 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
Seano299 said:
cxu said:
Seano299 said:

There, fixed your spoiler for you. Please stop confusing the anime with the VN. If you wanted the VN, then get out of here and read that instead.
Wafuu~
Dec 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
Toaki90 said:

That's like complaining about Umineko after watching Higurashi, and saying "That's the pinnacle of Ryukishi's work?"
This adaptation is more hyped than the source material, when it's clearly had a few (haha) issues in its delivery.
Vladz0rDec 21, 2013 10:39 AM
Dec 21, 2013 10:34 AM

Mar 2011
Vladz0r said:
That's like
Toaki90 said:

That's like complaining about Umineko after watching Higurashi, and saying "That's the pinnacle of Ryukishi's work?"
This adaptation is more hyped than the source material, when it's clearly had a few (haha) issues in its delivery.

Well, let's just wait for the next episode shall we? perhaps JC staff will get serious and make #1 episode in the whole anime history (*grins/sarcasm*)
Dec 21, 2013 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
That's like
Toaki90 said:

It's just I read it a while ago where the writers said something like, this is the pinnacle of my work
(I don't really know his name, what I do know he also wrote clannad AS)
So, patiently I wait for it to surprise me
but up to this episode it's way below my expectation

However, that doesn't change the fact that little buster is a good series thou
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 21, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Toaki90 said:
Vladz0r said:
That's like
Toaki90 said:

It's just I read it a while ago where the writers said something like, this is the pinnacle of my work

Put it this way. The pinnacle of his work was the Visual Novel where he wrote the best story ever. And here we have JC Staff trying to make a copy out of that best work and we get the anime.
Dec 21, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
-Riptide- said:

Put it this way. The pinnacle of his work was the Visual Novel where he wrote the best story ever. And here we have JC Staff trying to make a copy out of that best work and we get the anime.

Is that what they were doing? Oh god, my sides.
Dec 21, 2013 10:48 AM

Oct 2013
-Riptide- said:
Toaki90 said:
Vladz0r said:
That's like
Toaki90 said:

Oooh, I finally get it..
I dn't follow the VN for both thou
haha
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 21, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
-Riptide- said:

Is that what they were doing? Oh god, my sides.
They were trying, but failed miserably. haha
Dec 21, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
I get the feeling this episode is being rated pretty heavily based on comparison with the VN.. which sucks.. Am I who loved and cried at the girls' farewells D: and that bus crash was awesome, those were enough to make up for the wtf I had this episode
Dec 21, 2013 10:59 AM
Sep 2013
koagzero said:
I get the feeling this episode is being rated pretty heavily based on comparison with the VN.. which sucks.. Am I who loved and cried at the girls' farewells D: and that bus crash was awesome, those were enough to make up for the wtf I had this episode

No, you're not the only one, and the anime only viewer doesn't care about the differences.

I as a VN reader feel this episode is really good too. KyoAni also changed the way to present the last part of Clannad After Story to fit the anime form. KyoAni did even more, wiped out Akio & Sanae route totally (Don't try to tell me this is fine and the route is redundant. If you're true fans of Clannad VN like you're on LB, how you can tolerate KyoAni did this then feel unacceptable on JC staff changes?). JC Staff was just doing it for same reason.

A good change for me though. If VN readers want 100% copy of original material just go read VN again. Clannad Animes don't give you the same shit as original VN as well.
JimRaynorDec 21, 2013 11:05 AM
Dec 21, 2013 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
Komari is prettier/cuter without her shooting stars in her hair
Dec 21, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
-Riptide- said:

^ Agreed :DD
1 shooting star is best, I must hate symmetry vry much
Dec 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
koagzero said:
-Riptide- said:

^ Agreed :DD
1 shooting star is best, I must hate symmetry vry much

You wont get along with Death the Kid then. No shooting stars are better though. Thats why I liked the scene with her on the bed in her route.
Dec 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Komari with no stars makes me hard.
Dec 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:
Komari with no stars makes me hard.

This
Dec 21, 2013 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
JimRaynor said:
koagzero said:

No, you're not the only one, and the anime only viewer doesn't care about the differences.

I as a VN reader feel this episode is really good too. KyoAni also changed the way to present the last part of Clannad After Story to fit the anime form. JC Staff was just doing it for same reason.

A good change for me though. If VN readers want 100% copy of original material just go read VN again. Clannad Animes don't give you the same shit as original VN as well.

Totally agree with you. If I wanted a 100% copy of the VN I should have read the VN again. I'm happy with the adaptation and I can see the mistakes made by the studio, but bitching about it won't help so I just enjoy what I get (I yet didn't see a perfect adaptation done by any studio) ^^

I feel like in every episode talk there is a circlejerk of VN players that destroy fun discussions of the anime only viewers, talking about their biased opinions and unoriginal content added by J.C. Staff, music displacement etc.
Dec 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
I see all the spoilers are out in full force in these comments. Don't know why I bother anymore.
Dec 21, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
For starters: Yes, for those who are a fan of the visual novel have the true ending sounds weird right off the bat, I did not care much for the hospital scene and the repentance of the two survivors, but the comments I have seen here, further making the relationship with CLANNAD (no link, by the way), Little Busters! the miracle of Key would become totally unnecessary and only fill sausage in history sorry fans, but JC Staff nailed it! JC Staff mostrand that KyoAni has only visual even though he loved all the works of key adapted by studio JC Staff sent a lot of loyalty in the series in every episode, and if miracle in Clannad, YES, it would be ridiculous to skip pro true ending, but in Little Busters! is different, Rin and Riki need to prove they have grown and this is the only way, not running more. I do not know why they are criticizing both, if they had not done it would not fit everything into 13 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.