Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 12, 2013 8:34 AM
Jun 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
MAAAAAN, here I was rejoicing when Gunzou "died"

DEUS EX MACHINA!!

Why, why sacrifice Takao, one of the better characters in the show just to revive the boring Gunzou and 401??? who cares if they are the main character, they should just stay dead!! Just give all the spotlight to Takao! Her obsessed with revenge and taking up arms against the fog alongside Hyuga, Haruna, and Krishima would be 1000000x more interesting than watching a vanilla and not to mention Gary Stu character like Gunzou!!

401 isn't boring. Iona is one of the best characters imo.
Dec 12, 2013 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was pretty awesome

I thought Takao was rather annoying so I'm not upset she sacrificed herself.

But oh noes Maya was just a surveillance thing and not a real mental model ; - ;

I wonder what Kongou will do in the next episodes. Will she just be inactive? Will she try to help Iona to get back at 400 and 402? Will she somehow unblock herself and still attack Iona? Will just have to wait until the final two episodes air.

Also just have to mention earlier this week I saw a girl that looked JUST like Kongou

Fiji said:
Self sacrifice. When I saw Iona as a core, oh the feels

Same, tho I thought she wasn't going to come back lol
Dec 12, 2013 4:01 PM
Oct 2012
parttimewarrior said:
In episode 3, 400 and 402 state that the main job of the submarine fleet is surveillance. They sense that something is changing within the Fleet of Fog, and that further surveillance is necessary, using "her". I don't think they are referring to Takao at that point, but possibly Maya. Maya was likely already in place as their surveillance program. Now their goal initially probably wasn't to monitor Kongou. Rather, Maya, being the "younger sister" of Takao**, could monitor the AWOL Takao more easily.

I had considered that possibility, but Maya was already part of Kongou's fleet before Iona fought Takao, remember in episode one when Iona sank the light cruiser, Maya called to Kongou saying she wanted to respond because she was bored, and Kongou then said that they had to let Takao deal with it since it was in Takao's jurisdiction? So either Maya was created as a response to Hyuuga's (or even maybe Iona's) defection or the Fog fleet commanders had worried about the threat of having emotions before granting them and had proactively created ships like Maya in case they needed them later. This actually could be a possibility because Kongou had explained in episode 2 that they were given emotions because of the need to develop tactics. Whatever the reason I really hope that the show addresses them before the end, while not essential, it would increase my already high respect for this show for showing that they really truly thought through things.

I had also considered whether 400 and 402 had meant Kongou in episode 3, but similar to above the timing just doesn't work, I think what they meant was to track Takao so that they could find and sink Iona (which eventually they did). Kongou's aberration began later, when Kirishima and Haruna defected.
Dec 12, 2013 5:13 PM
Jun 2011
Holy shit the feels on this episode 11/10 -End of the message-
Dec 12, 2013 6:14 PM
Oct 2012
While I do no think this is going to be the ending, I just thought of a great troll ending for this series:
Dec 12, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Oh crap, I can't believe Takao sacrificed her own nanomaterials to reconstitute Iona, Takao got it really bad. >_< I wish they've shown Takao's core is around so that she can be rematerialized when there's appropriate amount of nanomaterials available, even just as a lone mental model just like Haruna or to small host objects like Kirishima.

The twin 400 subs and even Maya somehow reminded me of the political commissars I've read about in western fiction.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 12, 2013 10:39 PM

May 2012
Wow, that was a sudden turn of events.. really impressive.
Dec 13, 2013 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Epic! A beautiful turn, yet another, which brings pathos to achieve climax almost! Narration is very good, now that I'm satisfied. Plot that brings the drama to a high level, even Kongo you realize you have feelings and believed in friendship!
If it is also true that you are born alone and you die alone, it is also true that all live their lives when they feel the need to be with others.
I like who has dubbed the new fusion "TakaOna"! : D
A real shame to end the series with only 12 episodes.
The end of this episode and was a nice surprise! ^ _ ^
Dec 13, 2013 2:39 AM
May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
parttimewarrior said:
In episode 3, 400 and 402 state that the main job of the submarine fleet is surveillance. They sense that something is changing within the Fleet of Fog, and that further surveillance is necessary, using "her". I don't think they are referring to Takao at that point, but possibly Maya. Maya was likely already in place as their surveillance program. Now their goal initially probably wasn't to monitor Kongou. Rather, Maya, being the "younger sister" of Takao**, could monitor the AWOL Takao more easily.

I had considered that possibility, but Maya was already part of Kongou's fleet before Iona fought Takao, remember in episode one when Iona sank the light cruiser, Maya called to Kongou saying she wanted to respond because she was bored, and Kongou then said that they had to let Takao deal with it since it was in Takao's jurisdiction? So either Maya was created as a response to Hyuuga's (or even maybe Iona's) defection or the Fog fleet commanders had worried about the threat of having emotions before granting them and had proactively created ships like Maya in case they needed them later. This actually could be a possibility because Kongou had explained in episode 2 that they were given emotions because of the need to develop tactics. Whatever the reason I really hope that the show addresses them before the end, while not essential, it would increase my already high respect for this show for showing that they really truly thought through things.

I had also considered whether 400 and 402 had meant Kongou in episode 3, but similar to above the timing just doesn't work, I think what they meant was to track Takao so that they could find and sink Iona (which eventually they did). Kongou's aberration began later, when Kirishima and Haruna defected.

First, your response that the "her" in episode 3 can't be Maya because Maya was already part of Kongou's fleet does not make any logical sense. What does it matter if 400 & 402 set up a surveillance program way in the past? Their job is surveillance. So having a link to the surface fleet makes sense, regardless of whether they think anything is going to happen. They setup Maya in the fleet as their second set of eyes. She already existed in the fleet, so they used her when needed.

You seem overly obsessed with your Hyuuga theory, just like how she's obsessed with Iona. But it doesn't work for the following reasons:

First of all, in the anime, there are NO Fog Leaders as of yet, with only 2 episodes left. The Admiralty Code is a directive; the rules of the game-- not a person or ship or mental model. (In the manga though, it's a different story.) So there was no fear driving the action of creating Maya.

Hyuuga was the original flagship for the First Oriental Fleet (of which Takao and Maya were part of). After Hyuuga was sunk, then Kongou became the new flagship of the First Oriental Fleet. So Maya already existed in the fleet. In the anime, Kongou makes the comment about how Takao and the others have such strange hobbies, and blames it on the former flagship, Hyuuga. Hyuuga sneezes, and says that is what humans do when they are being talked about (behind their back). Takao asks what was said for her to sneeze, but Hyuuga says it's a secret. Therefore Maya existed in the fleet prior to Hyuuga's "defection", if you want to call it that. That's why Maya has the hobby of playing musical instruments.
parttimewarriorDec 13, 2013 2:42 AM
Dec 13, 2013 3:34 AM

Mar 2012
terrablu2003 said:
5/5

I like who has dubbed the new fusion "TakaOna"! : D
^

Thank you
Dec 13, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
Almost cried there

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 13, 2013 2:47 PM
Feb 2013
parttimewarrior said:
Takuan_Soho said:
parttimewarrior said:

First, your response that the "her" in episode 3 can't be Maya because Maya was already part of Kongou's fleet does not make any logical sense. What does it matter if 400 & 402 set up a surveillance program way in the past? Their job is surveillance. So having a link to the surface fleet makes sense, regardless of whether they think anything is going to happen. They setup Maya in the fleet as their second set of eyes. She already existed in the fleet, so they used her when needed.

You seem overly obsessed with your Hyuuga theory, just like how she's obsessed with Iona. But it doesn't work for the following reasons:

First of all, in the anime, there are NO Fog Leaders as of yet, with only 2 episodes left. The Admiralty Code is a directive; the rules of the game-- not a person or ship or mental model. (In the manga though, it's a different story.) So there was no fear driving the action of creating Maya.

Hyuuga was the original flagship for the First Oriental Fleet (of which Takao and Maya were part of). After Hyuuga was sunk, then Kongou became the new flagship of the First Oriental Fleet. So Maya already existed in the fleet. In the anime, Kongou makes the comment about how Takao and the others have such strange hobbies, and blames it on the former flagship, Hyuuga. Hyuuga sneezes, and says that is what humans do when they are being talked about (behind their back). Takao asks what was said for her to sneeze, but Hyuuga says it's a secret. Therefore Maya existed in the fleet prior to Hyuuga's "defection", if you want to call it that. That's why Maya has the hobby of playing musical instruments.

While the Admiralty Code is a directive, the Fog is rather a collective, I think. At least in the anime (in the manga maybe too, but there you see more pronounced 'leaders' too). If the Fog is a hive-mind collective of fog-ships, there is no single person commanding, not even for 400 and 402 (though, obviously, they will have a direct commander/fleet ship in the hierarchy). This is further substantiated by the subs saying to Kongou that what she says is incomprehensible, since sinking Iona is 'the will of the Fog'. The Fog. Not a flagship or some other individual ship or commander.

I'm not seeing where your sneezing comes into play, though. According to me, that was more meant as comical relief then anything else, and thus shouldn't be taken too seriously. I also don't see the coherence in your leap in reasoning to conclude Maya already existed before Hyuuga because she sneezed. The whole thing is rather irrelevant to it.

I therefore think you're dismissing the Hyuuga theory a bit too quickly, and I personally can see the logic of what the parent poster said about that. It would make logical sense that 400 and 402 started surveying *the eastern fleet of the fog* after the first troubles with defection popped up, either by Hyuuga, or even before with Iona. Yes, subs of the Fog are meant to survey....the enemy. Aka: humans. There is no need to spy on the Fog when the Fog is a collective, or, at least, forming one entity and following the directive - which was the case at the beginning. It only makes sense to start surveying 'your own' if and when you're beginning to doubt them, and the case for doubting the loyalty of the Fog is when defections started to happen.

This makes all perfectly logical sense.

It also refutes your first counter-argument that "there was no fear driving the action of creating Maya". Like any self-aware entity, the Fog as a whole fears the dismantling of it's own self (aka, the ensemble of ships following the Admiralty Code) by defections to the humans. Not in the least because this would endanger the continued application of their directive.

Following that, it's as the parent poster said: Maya was already there before Katao defected, so it can't have been in response to that defection. Thus, it has to be one before that, and that leaves Hyuuga or possibly Iona herself as the cause for any mistrust about fellow Fog-ships, and the consequential surveillance of the Fog members (especially the Eastern Fleet, since it started and 'infected' other ships there the most). Hence, it makes logically sense to put a spy /surveillance mechanism in that fleet, to look for odd and potentially treacherous behaviour, especially of the higher ups of that fleet (like the flagship Kongou).

This all fits the bill rather nicely, so I think the theory of the parent poster makes sense.
AnimageNebyDec 13, 2013 2:50 PM
Dec 13, 2013 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
shit i thought he died he seemd pretty dead to me n i hope Takao gets revived
Dec 13, 2013 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
Well the 401 sisters turned out to be the true masterminds behind the entire fog it seems.

Great episode!!!
Dec 14, 2013 1:23 AM
Feb 2013
neonBdragon said:
Well the 401 sisters turned out to be the true masterminds behind the entire fog it seems.

Great episode!!!

It's obvious they aren't acting on their own accord, rather they follow orders.
Dec 14, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2013
no not takao she is one of my fav char :(
Dec 14, 2013 8:52 AM
Oct 2012
AnimageNeby said:
Thus, it has to be one before that, and that leaves Hyuuga or possibly Iona herself as the cause for any mistrust about fellow Fog-ships, and the consequential surveillance of the Fog members (especially the Eastern Fleet, since it started and 'infected' other ships there the most). Hence, it makes logically sense to put a spy /surveillance mechanism in that fleet, to look for odd and potentially treacherous behaviour, especially of the higher ups of that fleet (like the flagship Kongou).

This all fits the bill rather nicely, so I think the theory of the parent poster makes sense.

Thank you, you explained me up better than I did :-)

Yes the key is "why would the Fog spy on themselves before they needed to spy on themselves?" This could go back to Iona's initial defection, or it was a result of Hyuuga's defection. I was thinking Hyuuga because of what Kongou said in episode 3, that the Fog developed Mental Modes and embodied forms because of their need for tactics learned through their recognition that in a fair fight with humans they would have lost. Now this could be in reference to how Iona ended up having her memory swept back in the past, or as I thought more likely it was in response to Gunzou using 401 to defeat the much superior Hyuuga. This was further confirmed in Episode 8, where Hyuuga said she made a mental mode AFTER she lost to Iona, this would imply that ALL mental modes were created after Hyuuga's defeat, as a response to the Fog's new appreciation of the need to learn tactics.

However we certainly know that the Fog was aware that Hyuuga defected. In Episode 8 when Hyuuga contacted Kongou, Kongou said that it was "rare" (not impossible) for Hyuuga to initiate contact and expressed no surprise that she was still intact.

I think your reason is accurate. Iona's defection was a one off, her memory had been wiped which meant that outside of a similar action it posed no threat to the Fog Collective. Furthermore, it doesn't seem as if the 400 series is attached to a specific fleet, so there would have been no reason to doubt the Far Eastern Fleet until they realized that Hyuuga had defected. At that point instead while they realized that there was something wrong in the collective, and in particular with the Eastern Fleet. The Fog had two conflicting goals, first they had to create individual egos in order to develop tactics, but they had to make sure that these egos would not become autonomous and leave the Fog. When the collective embodied and gave emotions to everyone, they made sure to not give the ship Maya emotions so that the collective could still retain control on these new mental modes.
Dec 14, 2013 1:02 PM

Jun 2013
Cough Cough!!! Hypothermia.....Don't Freaking Tell me They are going share body Heat... Takao will be So Pissed when She Finds them and See it!!! XDXDXD

Kongou...Truly is obsessed wit Iona...

GUNZOU DIED!?!?! O.o o.O No Way!!!!

Oh Iona...*Dry Nostalgic Smile* antae saa....*shakes head* Good episode

Wait..Takao...oioioi...O.O....Okay Biggest Shock and Difference to Manga just happened!!!! AND MAYA IS WHAT!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? BULLSHIT!!!!
JarjaxleDec 14, 2013 1:11 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 14, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
Frontalbrise said:
Man, dat ending. That explain so much. It stroke me rather weird seeing someone like Maya on the fog fleet side who is sparkling with emotions. But that she and her personality were fake was quite logical. The fog is really wicked.
Gonna read the manga after the anime ended *___*

Also I am looking forward to KanColle now.

aabout Maya...She and 400 and 402 are totally different in manga...this good anime But Manga is 1000 times better..i recommend starting to read immediately
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Really sad Episode, so depressing...
I also feel sad for Kongou, Maya was so cute.
And... Takao! Why? ;-; Takao shouldnt died..
I miss the opening... two episodes already without it.
Dec 14, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2013
WTF... Takao has merged with Iona? What about her core?

... such feels...
Dec 15, 2013 1:26 AM
May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
This was further confirmed in Episode 8, where Hyuuga said she made a mental mode AFTER she lost to Iona, this would imply that ALL mental modes were created after Hyuuga's defeat, as a response to the Fog's new appreciation of the need to learn tactics.
Um, you're saying Iona was not created until she defeated Hyuga??? That makes no sense.
Dec 15, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, that was a beautiful episode. I really loved the music, and all the underwater scenes were really good. Iona <3

Also, the scene where Takao sacrificed herself and her ship form de-materialized, that was gorgeous.

Poor Kongo, I'm really curious to see her developments. Can't wait for the next episode!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 15, 2013 12:44 PM
Oct 2012
parttimewarrior said:
Takuan_Soho said:
This was further confirmed in Episode 8, where Hyuuga said she made a mental mode AFTER she lost to Iona, this would imply that ALL mental modes were created after Hyuuga's defeat, as a response to the Fog's new appreciation of the need to learn tactics.
Um, you're saying Iona was not created until she defeated Hyuga??? That makes no sense.

I am not saying anything, only interpreting what the show itself said. No, Iona was the first mental mode, Hyuuga was probably the second, and everyone else was created immediately after that. Before this they had no physical form (except for the core). In Episode 2 Kongou said that the creation of bodies led to the creation of ego, the reason for this is that inhabiting a body severed the total connection to hive all the ships shared, and this started the need for individual expression and development. Iona was the first because she was the first to be severed from the Fog when her memory was wiped.
Dec 15, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't expecting so much feels this episode wow.
Dec 16, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 2013
parttimewarrior said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I think he meant all mental models of the eastern fleet. It stands to reason that Iona used one of the very first mental models (at least in the anime) which, together with her captain, made her beat a far superior ship. After which Hyuuga followed suit (and defected), and all other high-level ships of the Eastern Fleet made one too, as they've seen the superiority of such a mental model and needed it to adapt their tactics, since brute force no longer seemed to suffice (which is directly said as such in the anime, btw).

Around the same time Hyuuga defected and the Eastern fleet started to make mental models, Maya was created too, for the main purpose of keeping an eye on that fleet. I think enough mistrust was already born by the defection of Iona and Hyuuga to warrant such a surveillance mechanism.

One caveat: in the manga it's strongly suggested Iona wasn't the first ship to create a mental model. We're talking about the anime, though, and even in the manga that first ship didn't actually defected (yet). It therefore doesn't change the logic behind my above reasoning.
Dec 17, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2013
antipurefaith said:

Takao better get revived. All I ask for.
Dec 18, 2013 3:26 PM

Aug 2012
The feels in this episode .. WOW
Dec 26, 2013 1:03 AM

Jun 2011
Wow what an episode. When it was with Iona and Gunzou in 401, I was waiting for a damn flashback when Gunzou was dying, but damn, they never give us one. A flashback, imho, would amplify the sadness of Gunzou passing. I wonder why don't they give us a flashback -.-!

A really great episode but still suffered from bad camera angle, multiple times when it was getting real sad, the camera will shift to Iona's back (obviously with her butts too), instead, they could've shift it to the side. Sighhh just my opinion.

I dislike Takao's character development, changes are way too sudden for me. Iona's was also quite sudden, but I don't dislike it as much, still, I dislike that part where she was crying tears of happiness and relief when she discovered that Gunzou is still alive. She could be happy and all but tears?

Other than that, I also dislike Takao's tears, I don't know why did she cry at that moment, I know she feels like she had lost to Iona because of Iona's self sacrifices for Gunzou, she thinks that she can't possibly match up to that, then she went out of the "egg" and the song plays? I wonder what kind of emotion the song was supposed to evoke from us.

On other hand, Kongou, I kinda like her development better in this episode, we know more about her and such, it's pretty bad that Maya is a stupid clone, poor Kongou. I am so glad that we don't have such ecchi cameraman during her scene, otherwise it would've ruined it. Overall, it's a great episode, but suffered from some drawback like poor camera angle and lack of flashback (imo).

Oh, and the CGI kinda worked fine here.

gamer2710 said:
I like the way this episode was handled, except for Takao. I imagine the writers wanted me, a viewer, to feel for her sacrifice, but I'm not buying it because they didn't bother focusing on her enough in the series to catch my interest. Whether she comes back or not is of little concern to me.

I really like Kongou's development. Can't wait to see her rebel against the Fog.

Agree.

Edit: Wow look at all these comments, everybody was Takao this, Iona that, or Kongou/Maya, and no one even bother to comment on Gunzou -.- Power of moe/female, I guess.
ToG25thBaamDec 26, 2013 1:12 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 26, 2013 6:41 PM

Aug 2007
Scince that Kongo enter and try to sin Iona the anime is getting better, and now with the life of Gunzou in danger and the betrayal (i can't find another word to describe it) of Iona's sisters, the final 2 episodes will be very good
Dec 30, 2013 4:41 AM

Nov 2012
that was a dramatic episode.
though i wonder how gunzou came back to life.. or maybe he wasn't even really dead in the first place...?
Jan 9, 2014 2:11 AM

Oct 2012
Oh, Takao :(
Gunzou better thank to you for all of this

LiquidGold said:
Wasn't expecting so much feels this episode wow.
Acropyre said:
The feels in this episode .. WOW

I wasn't expecting that & I'm not ready for the feels T_T

A_Medic said:
antipurefaith said:

Takao better get revived. All I ask for.

I'll buy the resurrection spell... Where to buy it?

Jarjaxle said:
Frontalbrise said:
It stroke me rather weird seeing someone like Maya on the fog fleet side who is sparkling with emotions. But that she and her personality were fake was quite logical. The fog is really wicked.
Gonna read the manga after the anime ended *___*

aabout Maya...She and 400 and 402 are totally different in manga...this good anime But Manga is 1000 times better..i recommend starting to read immediately

What chapter is it?
I just hope for every adaptation... For not being different like this :(
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2010
Just when I thought they were submarining Iona x Gunzou

One of the greatest moments so far happened
Takao locating Gunzou in a lifepod sacrificed by Iona

Then she sacrificed herself as well in order to save Gunzou and Iona
Which was such a great scene along with the soundtrack
Granted it wasn't logical at all, but still

Oh Takao <3
Jan 18, 2014 5:20 PM

Jan 2012
very deep and emotional ep for sure, maybe one of the best actually.... damn im struggling on what to rate this show, but want to refrain until i see the ending and see how they handle it..... if it ends with another amazing battle i think it could be a solid 8!
Mar 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2011
HOLY SHIT at this episode. Crazy stuff, that was amazing! Silver Sky FOR THE WIN!
Apr 1, 2014 7:58 AM
May 2012
Man, I don't know how should I start. My mind is overloading with thoughts.

-Gunzou dying
What?!?!?! Is he really going to die??? No, no, no, nooooooooooooooo T^T
Iona doesn't know what to do or how to react T^T I feel her.
-Iona sacrificing herself
What?!?!?! Gunzou will live, but she will disappear!!!
No, no, no, nooooooooooooooooooo T^T
-Takao sacrificing herself
The moment she said "There is no place for me at all", I already knew what she will do :(
I was like: no, no, no, noooooooooooooooooo again T^T and that song that starts playing.......beautiful T^T
-Kongou finding out that Maya was built by 400 and 402 (I was spoiled about this, I visited Maya's MAL page and clicked the spoiler button ahahaha =_=).
Kongou realizes that she is really all alone was a shock to her :(
That is just sad, I feel sorry for her. She really needs some love!!!

This episode was nicely done in my opinion, great job!!!
Now, I can't gather my shit to watch the next episode, luckily, I have an appointment now at the dentist.
I shall go already ^^
Apr 5, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
Never thought that this anime would have a depressing episode :( and this one was really sad....
So did Takao died?I mean did she sacrificed herself?I hope no...
Gunzou!Gunzou!He is a brave man.Takao did a great job by making a 2in1 a boat & submarine.
Iona cried for the first timemshe showed her feelings for Gunzou.
So now Kongou is screwed,it's time for her to join Blue Fleet xD
400 & 402 are the real bit@#%.Maya didn't existed all this time,now Kongou will realise that she was always alone...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2012
A rather dramatic episode :/ Well let's see what's next!
May 13, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. Chihaya Gunzou.

SHIZZZ!!! TAKAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much feels in one episode! TOO DEPRESSING FOR ME!
I love you, Takao! </3

If I am not mistaken, the BGM when Iona was resurrecting is by nano?

Wow. Maya is just a bot with fake emotions. Realizing your friend is fake si too damn hard..

5/5
NakatoshiMay 13, 2014 4:41 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Sep 27, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
DAMN IT, I wanted them to have an actual ship fleet!! Not a fleet of Mental Models!!!

And Kongo, you idiot. You should have saw this coming if you were supposed to be strictly following the Code, but nope you are just like the rest.

But at least Iona has gotten an upgrade.
Nov 14, 2014 7:52 PM

Feb 2013
BurntJelly said:
... such feels...
^this again

The real "progress" is that Iona disobeyed a direct order... starting to do what she wants, like Takao.
Dec 9, 2014 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit! What an episode! For a second I really thought Chihaya died. Also Iona disobeyed a diect order. And Takao sacrificed herself or Iona. That was tough for her. Also maya never existed? It looks like she was just a puppet it seems. Those twins are scary. Amazing episode. What will happen to Takao? Is she gone? Or will she go into a teddy bear too?

If anyone is wondering the song that starts at 17:33 it's Silver Sky by nano.
Nano1124Dec 13, 2014 3:35 AM
Apr 10, 2015 2:58 AM

May 2013
Didn't expect a bittersweet type of thing going on here.

They've gotta bring Takao back somehow, she can't just die like that!

Felt bad for Kongo right there, she lost everything.
Jan 23, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2015
Damn... Iona's sisters sure are a piece of work.

Poor Kongou.
Mar 23, 2016 12:51 PM

Sep 2014
Wow! This episode was so deep! (Pun intended :P)

Takao... ;_;

What will Kongou do now?

(Carnival Dayo! Carnival Dayo! Carnival Dayo! ... so creepy)
Oct 24, 2017 3:45 PM

Oct 2015
That Takao mental model sacrificing itself for Gunzo to live was noble and it woke up this series for me. I hope it stays that way never liked it.
lihle808Oct 24, 2017 3:50 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2018 2:24 PM

Mar 2016
Iona could've used her naked body but-

This episode... Has really captured the desperation Gunzou is in whilst he and Iona sank. Iona talking about how she has changed from an entity that obeys Gonzou into someone that cares for Gonzou, no matter how desperate the situation is.

But the one who took the spotlight in this episode is clearly and undoubtedly Takao. Oh the feels... Her sacrifice, complimented by that beautiful English OST made this moment such a well crafted one. I may not cry, but had only this show given Takao more screen time and make her more acquainted with Gonzou and everyone else, this scene had probably made me tear up. Though, this scene still gave me those real feels and a sense of desolation. The English OST, once again, really made the scene more enchanting and lonely with its soothing song, slow instrument and obviously sad lyrics.

Takao best girl in this series will always be remembered. Her sacrifice has created a new ship/submarine hybrid which may hopefully open up a way into a peaceful future...

On the other side, the revelation of Maya being a surveillance tool for the submarine sisters to watch over Kongou was shocking. Not only did she actually got exposed to the fact that she has denied the admiralty code, but the fact that she has to face reality that she herself has been affected when she was always against denying the admiralty code and the fact that her closest companion, 'Maya' was nothing but an illusion cast upon her made it all real and clear to me that she's not the main antagonist this show has always portrayed, rather she's merely a tool to an entity much higher than the submarine sisters and much more than Kongou herself. If I had only felt slightly sorry for her, well now I felt really sorry for her.

She got her weapons locked up too... I don't know whether I should be saddened of happy to this...

Fact: (Parts of this that beautiful English OST was teased throughout this whole show)
ShadowkillZSep 20, 2018 2:28 PM
Apr 11, 2019 8:53 AM
Jan 2017
dying episode,, i hink this was good to insert something like this in every anime,, so you can appreciate the meaning of life,,
Apr 11, 2019 9:01 AM
Jan 2017
takao trying to save iona using nano material and the ost "silver sky " is palying,,
whoahh,, this is great scene..
and seeing the face of iona when see realize that gunzou was alive that something feeling a complicated feel..
and kongou show the resistant again the system,, maya become error and that moment kongou realize that she was alone like iona said
Sep 11, 2019 3:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
BEST episode by far, the feels, wasnt expecting this series to go there and do it so well.
THEM FEELS MAN, Takao best girl T_T

Damm, Kongo was pretty happy for a moment, what a killjoy.
She has changed alot in such a short time, those twins are COLD, felt really bad.
Can the series get better than this?!
Holy shit...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.