Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Kirishima became a freaking Teddy bear? ahahahaha. Oh God poor Takao. Pretty calm episode I guess. Going to see what Haruna's next move will be.

Nov 4, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
I had some inkling of what Kirishima would become from last week's trailer lol

And yo TWO Kongo in the End Card ! Yay yay !!
symbvNov 4, 2013 11:52 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
Haruna's personality without the coat lewl.

Shazam!
My Candies:
Nov 4, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
HaruHaru is love. That is all.

I was very surprised at that bath scene coming out from nowhere I must confess.
Nov 4, 2013 1:32 PM
Nov 4, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
Boy oh boy kirashima has it bad, her ship got destroyed her mental reduce to being a teddy bear and as a child's playmate,

A break from the action but still splendid and loved the interactions of haruna and makie, and a little fan service on the side hehe and haruna was so cute being pampered like that lol

Takao finally reached iwo jima and wham a full barrage of weaponry thrown right at her face and i mean that literally, you kno that actual made more since since it didn't seem right the way she just showed up in the manga so i give the animation props for adding it

Still a great series and cant wait for next week for more action :)

Nov 4, 2013 1:33 PM

Apr 2010
Nice episode but looking forward to next week ones again it should be interesting.
It's nice how they explained about Makie there are some differences to the manga ones again but not in a bad way and i like how they are doing things in this anime.
Takao getting hit by that warhead was a nice funny moment still looking forward of seeing more of her.
Nov 4, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2010
imo.

terrible first half

i did not want to see 12 minutes of little girls changing clothes,taking baths and drinking tea. afterall i do not care for any of their dull and undeveloped characters.

second half was alot better.
Nov 4, 2013 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
That was really cute. It nice once in a while to take a small break from the action. I'm still satisfied with the furious finale of the last ep.
Nov 4, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
Saw a glimpse of Takao
No real naval battles this time to save some budget

Quite a different episode this time with
Fanservice and Merchandise promo at Makie's Room
Nov 4, 2013 3:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haruna's personality is so different without her coat, I guess it's like a sense of security? Interesting interaction between Haruna and Makie, so Haruna is also becoming more "humanized" in a way, not just Iona. Takao being hit was really funny.

Also, the new ED is nice ^^
Nov 4, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
Takao: Gafyuuuun!
XD

Iona still contact the fleet and they seems to be alright with defector when not facing each others in battle.

I guess Hakugei and Maruri are not the only important characters who got axed.

Finally took time to check after many time hearing it from Arpeggio, KanColle and Konpeki.
So Iwojima is a mistake and it's supposed to be Io-to (official reading from since before the war era), but Iwojima became mainstream much to the native resident's displeasure about it.
Nov 4, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2012
Laid back episode. For some reason I really liked this episode. A lot of character development for Haruna. Thought she was just emotionless, but come to find out she can get embarrass and shy. Happy to see that Kirishima is still around. Hope she gets her banging body back.

Dat dinner part was mad funny. Found out a lot about Makie. Glad the dude who made her saw her as a daughter. Thought that was sweet. Can't wait for next episode. Think we might see some action.

Dat Haruna Service ;D
Nov 4, 2013 3:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha. I did not expect this kind of humor from this episode, or this anime for that matter. But I enjoyed it a lot. And that Haruna.. mmhm. Fun episode, this is still my weekly highlight.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 4, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2012
Teddy Kirishima was cute and funny...especially when Haruna said to Makie "I give it to you." Hilarious
Nov 4, 2013 4:05 PM

May 2013
Haruna trying all those dresses lol. And Kirishima turned into a teddy bear lol.
Nov 4, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
So the wall back there is useless, there's hole, i guess that what the ships called gloryholes for the ships?
Nov 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed this episode. Haruna is damn cute.

And were they putting vibrator warheads in my CGI loli warships? 2lewd4me
Nov 4, 2013 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Everytime Haruna put her coat back on I would laugh much more than I probably should have. The damn thing is huge too! I only now realize.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 4, 2013 5:22 PM
Mar 2011
love those long legs in underwear,

and damn she has long legs
"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2011
I am quite fascinated how can be three panels of manga transformed into half episode fanservice...

Otherwise not bad.
Nov 4, 2013 7:12 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Haruna needs to take off her coat more now, she the best girl now ;]
Nov 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2012
The Fog's transformation from being something devoid of emotion to something more human is quite interesting to witness.

HARUHARU.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 4, 2013 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
Kirishima teasing Haruna and impulsively eating the carrot was really funny.

SHAZAM!

Good episode :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 4, 2013 8:56 PM
Nov 2012
Okay, I'am still kinda piss that they havn't fully adapted the manga, but still am also very curious. No Hakugei can mean alot of things.

Anyways, a break from all the fireworks, it manage to make me LOL throughout the episode as two supposedly powerful battleship get degraded to nothing more than a child's(albeit with an IQ of 260) plaything, ain't that right Youtarou? HaruHaru? Not much Gunzou or Takao as this is an episode more or less telling about the changing of heart of the two Kongou's sisters, and Kongou well, still cold and scary Kongou. Speaking about the Tsundere Heavy Cruiser, I don't think she would like to be hit in the head by what seems to be a SLBM....

Now about the deviation from the manga, 5 eps in and we still havn't seen the supreme flagship nor any other characters from the fog that hasn't been shown in the OP. I am having a bad feeling on this. And if there is no Hakugei, please spare whats going to happen after Iwoto.
Nov 4, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2008
Gave up about the Supreme Flagship already, even though they still managed to put in Iona's sisters.
Kongou already taken away her lines in the previous episode.
Guessing now that there won't be Nagato either, and Kongou will take over her role too if U-2501 ever get a chance to show up.

The episode they put to fill between the fights is good.
There's comedy and fanservice to loosen the tension, but they still put the plot going, and give more time for showing Haruharu's character.
Nov 4, 2013 9:47 PM
Nov 2012
nseika said:
Gave up about the Supreme Flagship already, even though they still managed to put in Iona's sisters.
Kongou already taken away her lines in the previous episode.
Guessing now that there won't be Nagato either, and Kongou will take over her role too if U-2501 ever get a chance to show up.

The episode they put to fill between the fights is good.
There's comedy and fanservice to loosen the tension, but they still put the plot going, and give more time for showing Haruharu's character.

But....but....Yamato. OK, its still an awesoeme series, but I think reading the manga kinda spoilt it for me. I do agree on thinning the characters out, the manga storyline is kinda comnplex, but some character that played an almost pivotedl role should be in. I don't know about the Hakugei nor a certain 16in-gun Battleship, to me they kinda just complexes things, but Yamato has a huge play in the manga.
Nov 4, 2013 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
Definitely the sleeper series of the season. This episode was very nice despite not featuring any naval combat -- well, we can't have that every episode anyway. It did much to flesh out more of the existing world's politics but also did well to show how Haruna and Kirishima (Haruna more than Kirishima) might change in the future. Very nice. The government ordering an attack on Makie's house will likely force all three of them to flee together and form a bond in the process. Maybe they'll even link up with Gunzou soon.

This is kind of a wild guess, but could whoever attacked Takao be Hyuuga?...Also, gotta like the new ED.
Nov 4, 2013 11:03 PM

Aug 2010
Really nice ep. I enjoyed HaruHaru and Kirishima's normal life interactions.
How Kirishima made fun of Haruna being called HaruHaru. And how cute Haruna is in all those clothes. Definitely not a loli there. She's got quite the hot body ^^ And Dat Shazam XD
Also Kirishima eating the carrot was so lol XD

Makie is cute. She's really a strong girl to act like that after everything she's been through :)

The scene we got of Takao was funny too...lol'd at the "Gyafun" XD

Let's see which side Haruna and Kirishima will decide to take. They seem too human right now. No different from Takao at all.
Nov 4, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
I lol'd at kirishima when the carrots was offered to her and forgot that she's a teddy bear. hahahahha
I already miss iona, she only aired for a few seconds in this episode :'(
Nov 4, 2013 11:21 PM

Aug 2008
With that degree of changes it's more like a spin-off series than an adaptation. I'm not sure what this series is supposed to tell now if they removed pretty much everything other than vibration warhead, Iona's crew and couple of mental models from the picture.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 5, 2013 12:40 AM

Apr 2008
Antanaru said:
With that degree of changes it's more like a spin-off series than an adaptation. I'm not sure what this series is supposed to tell now if they removed pretty much everything other than vibration warhead, Iona's crew and couple of mental models from the picture.

Couldn't agree more. I had such high hopes for this series.
Nov 5, 2013 1:58 AM

May 2010
Best episode I've seen so far
Nov 5, 2013 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
Love the new direction the show has taken, not presenting the fog as evil, also...I LOVE HARUNA!!!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 5, 2013 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
So am I the only one that predicted that ending?
Nov 5, 2013 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
In just half episode, Haruna and Kirishima stole the show! They are far more interesting and fun to watch compared to the main characters..

Haruna is just too damn cute with her "sniffle sniffle" and "shazaaam''.

Somehow I also laughed when Kirishima was laughing in her core appearance and she vibrating across the table.
Nov 5, 2013 4:59 AM
Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Antanaru said:

I think they're doing very well with this anime given the number of episodes they have. All those (anime missing) characters, politics & stuff would need something like 20 episodes with a normal pace and they obviously don't have the number of needed episodes to truly adapt the manga. So I'm quite satisfied how they're handling this.
Nov 5, 2013 5:50 AM

Apr 2008
the_trainman said:
Darklight0303 said:
Antanaru said:

I think they're doing very well with this anime given the number of episodes they have. All those (anime missing) characters, politics & stuff would need something like 20 episodes with a normal pace and they obviously don't have the number of needed episodes to truly adapt the manga. So I'm quite satisfied how they're handling this.

But it is exactly the politics and fluff that made this show stand out from most series involving girl avatars of ships and etc. Also I do not like the twist with the doctor since in the manga that eventual end was far more heavy hitting.
Nov 5, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2010
Love this episode lol. That teddy bear

GYAFUN!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 5, 2013 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
I don't want to be repetitive but, need more Takao damn, she only appearead for like 30 secs.

Aloxamax said:
Everytime Haruna put her coat back on I would laugh much more than I probably should have. The damn thing is huge too! I only now realize.

^
Nov 5, 2013 10:19 AM
Jan 2011
Woot, woot! Nice to see Haruna in her underwear, too bad these mental mode girls make bad spies.

http://randomc.net/image/Aoki%20Hagane%20no%20Arpeggio%20Ars%20Nova/Aoki%20Hagane%20no%20Arpeggio%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2005%20-%2001.jpg

So, Makie is no ordinary child after all.
Nasty001Nov 5, 2013 10:22 AM
Nov 5, 2013 10:47 AM
Jan 2008
Didn't expect that Haruna has such a nice figure (and cute personality) under her big coat.
Nov 5, 2013 11:23 AM
Feb 2013
hmm...I'm a bit ambiguous about this last episode (well, and the former too). Sure, all in all, I like the series. I've read the manga because of it. It's a variation on 'girls that are/become weapons' (seen it before with tanks, machineguns, swords, etc.), but at least it's made a *bit* plausible in this series.

That said, now that I've read the manga...I'm not entirely enamoured by the way they've adapted it. I mean, heck, in this episode, they really changed A LOT. And because of it, some things just don't make much sense anymore. (Think about it, would you/the government *really* let a prodigy-child who was developing a major weapon against the fog totally alone and without human oversight??) I know they made a deal about them being afraid of her abilities (but wasn't that exactly why she was created?) and then that they wanted to make *a new one* (why, if they were so afraid?) and discard her (why; can she only make one weapon against the fog??), but it just didn't add up.

This was primarily due to the fact they changed her setting and background and the people living in the house completely. Also, the memory of her grandfather...what will they do if that becomes a plot-device in the manga for going after the submarine? Leave that out too?

No, they changed too much to my liking, and even worse, to remain consistent in the story itself. Which is a shame.

That said, not every change was bad. I particularly liked the way teddybear outed herself. ;-) *yummy* oh, oh. lol. That was even better/more funny than in the manga. The bathscene...well, fanserving filler, but I don't mind too much. It was pretty nice. The change of clothing and hair where some complain about here, WAS in the manga, though. It's to show the interaction and the 'humanisation' of haru-haru, and her bonding. It serves its purpose too, thus.

So, yeah, there were some good (changed) scenes in there, but they deviated a bit too much in other aspects, and I hope they will reduce this rather liberal interpretation, at least to a point where no inconsistencies are introduced anymore. Some detail can be missed and sacrificed for the sake of pace and such, but do it too much, and you'll start losing the feel with the 'universe' created by the mangaka. Details, and the consistency of actions and situations, are important for the believability and immersion in an imaginary world.
Nov 5, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2011
That was light and fluffy episode. Honestly, I loved it. I knew what will happen from the manga but still it was a pleasant sight to see it animated. I like this adaptation very much, so I can forgive different plot. Can't wait for the next episode... ^^ Also: Shazam!
Nov 5, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
Well it is decision making time now. I wonder what choice the mental models will make in the coming episode.

Great episode!!!
Nov 5, 2013 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
Haruna really is just so cute
Nov 5, 2013 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
AnimageNeby said:
That said, now that I've read the manga...I'm not entirely enamoured by the way they've adapted it.

This is why I try not to read things before I watch them, I am seldom happy with changes. Fortunately I haven't read the manga, as such I haven't been disappointed.

AnimageNeby said:
(Think about it, would you/the government *really* let a prodigy-child who was developing a major weapon against the fog totally alone and without human oversight??)

If the child required an unknown chemical regimen in order to survive, then yes, they may not have any choice on this: she was the goose who laid the golden egg. They would have to accede to that demand until she finished the weapon: now that they have the weapon she has become expendable, which would explain why they can attack her now. Of course the animation did not explain this and perhaps they did not even think of it, but they did show her taking all those pills and having a very routine checkup so this explanation is not only consistent but also eminently reasonable.

AnimageNeby said:
This was primarily due to the fact they changed her setting and background and the people living in the house completely. Also, the memory of her grandfather...what will they do if that becomes a plot-device in the manga for going after the submarine? Leave that out too?

I don't think you have to worry about this, the show is already 42.5% over (5/12), and the writer should know what the animators are planning to do, so I doubt there will be a conflict. Though you are right that this could become a problem if the show is extended: Gintama had a funny episode about this problem.

AnimageNeby said:
No, they changed too much to my liking, and even worse, to remain consistent in the story itself. Which is a shame.

Being the type who is often disappointed (to the extent I stopped watching shows I have read), I definitely sympathize with you on this, but I am willing to try to rationalize any issues like the one above you had :-)
Nov 6, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
cute episode. And that little girl's background story was really sad. And of course lovely new ED

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 6, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2013
Haruna's Shazam!!!

The first half of the episode felt like fan service but the second half was interesting. Felt sorry for the girl :(
Nov 6, 2013 6:52 AM

Feb 2012
I neeeed moaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr TAKAO. DAMN, she's the only damn reason why i'm watching this, Tbh aside from the awesome naval battles.

Screw Kongou, 400, 402 and Kirishima. They all look like shits especially Kongou. She looks like a monkey.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

124 by djharvey »»
Jun 13, 2020 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.