Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2013 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
If you want to talk about the VN use this thread http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=581863

----------------------------------------
Oh shit the suffering begins. Kyousuke my man ;.;
Geez. I was not expecting the sudden amount of shit that went down this episode or the flashback.
AversaDec 10, 2013 2:31 PM
Dec 7, 2013 3:54 AM

Sep 2012
lol that quality flashback
Little Melody~
Dec 7, 2013 3:56 AM

Feb 2012
was hard to watch Kyousuke incarnate crawling like that T-T but yay for more Komari :D
Dec 7, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2011
Guess they were trying to save Little Melody for this episode...

I found it weird they played the OP at the end, but I guess people will finally understand the significance of the lyrics/stuff going on in the OP?

They added a few nice touches here and there, but I'm not very sure how I feel about their style of presenting the flashbacks. xD; Gotta watch it with subs before I can comment any more.
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 7, 2013 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
This was one of those episode that felt really lengthy but every second was enjoyable. Really liked this episode! (Probably because Kyousuke is the best)
Dec 7, 2013 5:14 AM

Jan 2011
Seano299 said:
This was one of those episode that felt really lengthy but every second was enjoyable. Really liked this episode! (Probably because Kyousuke is the best)

This. Every second of this episode was interesting.
A LOT of blood in this episode too.
That horrifying moment when you realize that Riki got a bad end in Komari's route. Seriously, poor Kyousuke.
Dec 7, 2013 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
:3 I haven't watched the sub yet, will be editing this message soon after.

But watching it Raw, I love it, seeing in the POV of Kyousuke.
Sure, animation is a problem again... but I just got used to it.
Brosuke all the way!
Yar!
Dec 7, 2013 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Ourka said:

Brosuke all the way!
Yar!

I think the heavy plot and interesting visuals make up for the lower animation quality (Compared to other episodes at least). I think J.C. Staff understood that they could drop the budget a little here because the thing that makes Kyousuke's episode so great is the plot and his monologues. All they needed was to make it look interesting and it would entertain. At least they'll have plenty of money to throw at next episode (Which I'm super excited for btw >.<)
Dec 7, 2013 5:38 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode, animation wasnt as great, but the reflections made up for it. and DAT LITTLE MELODY. 4/5
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 7, 2013 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
Seano299 said:
Ourka said:

Brosuke all the way!
Yar!

I think the heavy plot and interesting visuals make up for the lower animation quality (Compared to other episodes at least). I think J.C. Staff understood that they could drop the budget a little here because the thing that makes Kyousuke's episode so great is the plot and his monologues. All they needed was to make it look interesting and it would entertain. At least they'll have plenty of money to throw at next episode (Which I'm super excited for btw >.<)

Very true. The heavy atmosphere does take your attention away from the visuals and focused more on the monologues. *Then all these cardboard cut-out flashbacks* Some of them I don't mind... Others I just find completely out of place and very amateurish. Now why can't we have the best of both?!
QQ

Spoiler tags just in-case AOV vs VN reader war starts again.
Dec 7, 2013 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Ourka said:
Seano299 said:
Ourka said:

Brosuke all the way!
Yar!

Very true. The heavy atmosphere does take your attention away from the visuals and focused more on the monologues. *Then all these cardboard cut-out flashbacks* Some of them I don't mind... Others I just find completely out of place and very amateurish. Now why can't we have the best of both?!
QQ

Spoiler tags just in-case AOV vs VN reader war starts again.

Dec 7, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2013
This was a good episode. Looks like Kyousuke went through a lot of pain. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 7, 2013 7:38 AM

Jul 2012
badass episode because there's so much Kyousuke, Kyousuke is awesome
Dec 7, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
This ep was pretty legit.
Pretty blatant as always, and had a lot of re-used flashbacks, but I loved it.
It felt like Kyousuke was really watching Riki's every move throughout the story, and I liked some of the stuff they did.
Dec 7, 2013 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
It feels like Kyousuke is a evil villain but really he is just trying too hard.
Good episode as always was nice to see some flashbacks with the great melody in the background.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 7, 2013 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. I started to tears because how much Kyousuke had to put up with them. And Riki got stronger and reach Kyousuke hand in the end. Kyousuke explained what was going on which was good. Riki choose a bad end with Komari but at least he didn't do what he did in VN. Kyousuke automatically repeat the world so Riki didn't head there. We saw how Kyousuke pov of the whole journey way like.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 7, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
Brilliant! I didn't expect they'd do it this way but using the Flashbacks from Kyousuke's POV was a nice touch ^^

Really loved Kyousuke's monologue. The way he explained everything about the secrets of the world was so well done. The dude is just too much of a BRO!! Manly tears T^T

The scene he was dragging himself to the bus to stop the leak was gruesome but so AWESOME!! >.<

Didn't expect to see a Komari bad ending here XD

Even after playing the VNs and watching this...I still can't believe how good Masato's acting skills are!! The way he stays as an idiot all the time even though he knows everything is just too O_O XD...And nice way of showing why Kengo was acting all tough at the start.

So yeah...enjoyed every moment and thought the way they depicted this was excellent so bravo JC!! And again Kyousuke is just too awesome T^T

So now I'm going to go prepare my body for nxt ep. The saddest and most emotional part of LB. My body is not ready yet!!

I'm wondering how anime viewers liked the secret of the world then? Did it live up to ur expectations?
Dec 7, 2013 8:02 AM
Oct 2013
its just like kyosuke watching on movie theater
dat animation

little melody

Dec 7, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
I didn't even pick up on any of the hints the show gave in the previous episodes, wow.
I thought Masato was just an idiot and an a-hole in the other world because he wanted Rin to leave. Turns out he knew about Kyousuke's plan and was trying his best to help Riki and Rin with his amazing acting skills and that Kengo was actually the less mature one. Same goes for Kyousuke, it must of been hard to act like that in front of everyone after going through all of that. I'm guessing he got hurt either by a person or in an accident and there may be a fire or maybe all of that was metaphorical. I'll find out next week.
penguindrum264Dec 7, 2013 8:09 AM
Dec 7, 2013 8:04 AM

Feb 2013
I was not ready for that... So many tears had...
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 7, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
My body is ready for next episode. MAKE ME CRY JC STAFF
Dec 7, 2013 8:10 AM
Sep 2013
Kyousuke... Kyousuke...Kyousuke!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

I have no words other than Kyousuke now...
Dec 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
Kyousuke is freaking amazing <3 He had to suffer alot for the sake of his friends ;-;
Dec 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
Komari bad end was a pleasant surprise. They should've animated more than one bad end, that way most of this episode wouldn't feel like a recap. DX
All dat reused scenes from S1... I'm a bit disappointed they did that. The format for the flashbacks felt weird too... but the story itself was good enough to make this episode decent for me
Dec 7, 2013 8:20 AM

Dec 2009
Excellent episode. Bravo to JC Staff for doing an episode based on Brosuke POV. So many tears, and they aren't nothing compared to next episode.

Dec 7, 2013 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
Boku no babu ;-------; Oh, Kyousuke with all the pain, I can't *sobs*
Dec 7, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2010
I KNEW IT I FUCKING KNEW IT AND I HAVE NEVER WATCHED/PLAYED THE VN!

That it was them who was in the bus accident when they mentioned it in the one episode after Rin and Riki gave those people the tour I knew cause of the supernatural aspects that Key always throws in and the previous episodes where the same day kept repeating in Kuruguya's route. And also that Kyousuke was the one sending notes through cats (I knew that since the first season though) cause Key is predictable, but this made me very sad still.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
*hug noises*

May 2013
Interesting that they animated Komari's bad end like that but I don't mind
Wasn't expecting them to do this section of Refrain via flashbacks, but it worked out really well, pretty artistic way to do it as well with the screenception effect

The end is nigh, everything hangs on how well they pull off the climax

Don't let me down JC! :P
Apr 2010
can someone please explain a bit about that Komari's bad end that appeared in this episode?
Dec 7, 2013 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
Finished watching it subbed... WOW. Just... WOW. That really fucking hit me hard. I was more intriguied and mystified by Episode: Kyousuke in the VN. This however, hit me with all these emotions. It must be because of Midorikawa's magnificent voice acting as he recites Kyousuke's monologues. Just... damn. You can actually HEAR his pain... Kyousuke is one of my favourite anime characters and this episode really does him justice. Now only three more to go.
Dec 7, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2012
I skimmed it, I was disappointed to find out that this was all Episode: Kyousuke. I really want
to happen!
rodacDec 7, 2013 7:35 PM
Dec 7, 2013 8:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Am I the only one who always feels instinctively compelled to turn on Song for Friends after I finish watching an episode of Refrain btw? :3

KeyIsLove said:
I skimmed it, I was disappointed to find out that this was all Episode: Kyousuke. I really want that baseball scene between Riki and Masato to happen!
were you really expecting it not to be? I mean... given that they have an order to follow and stuffs~
Dec 7, 2013 8:32 AM

Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Am I the only one who always feels instinctively compelled to turn on Song for Friends after I finish watching an episode of Refrain btw? :3

Nope. I'm listening to it right now :D
Dec 7, 2013 8:33 AM

Dec 2012
KeyIsLove said:
I skimmed it, I was disappointed to find out that this was all Episode: Kyousuke. I really want
to happen!

I'm glad this got an entire episode. It really helps the viewer connect with Kyousuke more as a character and well... the feels man, the feels.
rodacDec 7, 2013 7:36 PM
Dec 7, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
ZMEI said:
can someone please explain a bit about that Komari's bad end that appeared in this episode?
I don't think it actually happened in the VN, but it demonstrates Riki's weakness is due to his fear of losing people. This point is also shown in the end of episode 6 I believe :o

~Boys be Smile
Dec 7, 2013 8:37 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I still don't get what the heck is happening. It explains pretty much NOTHING. We only get to know that Kyousuke turned the time back (HOW?!) to avoid/ prepare for a catastrophy and created a world (HOW??) and the people in Little Busters except Riki and Rin knew about it (HOW?!?), though not sure if Kurugaya and the rest knew from the start, and he kept turning back the time for every trial (Did everyone know they kept repeating the same shit till Riki gets it?!), until his powers (WHAT!) started waning and he had to let some people go (WHERE? HOW? WHAT!). So, the world we knew till a few epis back doesn't exist anymore and we are in a new world that Kyousuke made, where he can barely stand??? And the rest were bitches about creating the team again, whyyy? Was it cause it'd change nothing? So they thought snapping on Riki would make things better? I don't get it.

I can't feel the sadness or anything when I barely understand what is going on. I'm not so laidback to just readily accept that he happens to have magical powers that he decides to use to make 2 people stronger AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST GOES ALONG WITH HIM. I find it absurd that if the rest knew from the start what was going on, they opened their hearts again and again AND AGAIN... If they didn't know, it's still kind of a "nope" situation. At some point, they all knew and... I don't even get what actually happened. I refuse to believe that everyone sacrifices themselves just so Riki and Rin can get stronger. Whatever is going to happen (if the gas leak was a hint, someone (or more) is going to die), I can't just accept that people just kept reliving everything willingly... and then they "left" the world... Does another world exist? Is this a dream? Do they just disappear and they were pretty ok with it?

VERY dissatisfied. Questions everywhere~ If I try and ignore all of that, the epi was nice. I liked the flow of it and the animation was great... I just wish I understood completely what I was watching as well.
Dec 7, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
ZMEI said:

If you anime-only viewers don't understand what's happening, pay attention ;3 ;
This episode is practically my favourite. Kyousuke is the best.
Dec 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2010
Maffy said:
I still don't get what the heck is happening. It explains pretty much NOTHING. We only get to know that Kyousuke turned the time back (HOW?!) to avoid/ prepare for a catastrophy and created a world (HOW??) and the people in Little Busters except Riki and Rin knew about it (HOW?!?), though not sure if Kurugaya and the rest knew from the start, and he kept turning back the time for every trial (Did everyone know they kept repeating the same shit till Riki gets it?!), until his powers (WHAT!) started waning and he had to let some people go (WHERE? HOW? WHAT!). So, the world we knew till a few epis back doesn't exist anymore and we are in a new world that Kyousuke made, where he can barely stand??? And the rest were bitches about creating the team again, whyyy? Was it cause it'd change nothing? So they thought snapping on Riki would make things better? I don't get it.

I can't feel the sadness or anything when I barely understand what is going on. I'm not so laidback to just readily accept that he happens to have magical powers that he decides to use to make 2 people stronger AND EVERYONE ELSE JUST GOES ALONG WITH HIM. I find it absurd that if the rest knew from the start what was going on, they opened their hearts again and again AND AGAIN... If they didn't know, it's still kind of a "nope" situation. At some point, they all knew and... I don't even get what actually happened. I refuse to believe that everyone sacrifices themselves just so Riki and Rin can get stronger. Whatever is going to happen (if the gas leak was a hint, someone (or more) is going to die), I can't just accept that people just kept reliving everything willingly... and then they "left" the world... Does another world exist? Is this a dream? Do they just disappear and they were pretty ok with it?

VERY dissatisfied. Questions everywhere~ If I try and ignore all of that, the epi was nice. I liked the flow of it and the animation was great... I just wish I understood completely what I was watching as well.

this isn't over yet, duh
Dec 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2012
Maffy said:
I still don't get what the heck is happening

So many questions are answered in the next episode. That's why there's 13 episodes.
If you really want to know, look back at all the hints they've given you. They've been going on since episode 1 of season 1. I've seen Vladz0rs' image gallery of the crapload of hints that JC staff has put way more than in the VN. It's on his signature. *WARNING DON'T LOOK AT HIS GALLERY OF HINTS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED*

There are 331 visual and dialogue hints altogether in his gallery. (as of posting) They're subtle, but possible to analyse. These usually refer to *what* happened. *How* it happened will be explained later (or Key Magic). A story is always about asking questions~ Don't be dissatisfied yet and wait for the next episode.
ExboDec 7, 2013 8:49 AM
Dec 7, 2013 8:44 AM
Apr 2010
Exbo said:
ZMEI said:

If you anime-only viewers don't understand what's happening, pay attention ;3 ;
This episode is practically my favourite. Kyousuke is the best.

i understood about that brother stuff that happened to her, but was wondering about the meaning of what appeared here
thanks, helped a lot
Dec 7, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
@Maffy- I think your confusion also stems from a point that you got wrong somewhere through your view of the story. But yeah, tbh, this episode wasn't the final explanation for the story...

Wasn't it even later in the VN where everything was finally cleared up? I think a lot of people who understood everything in this episode may have either been on the right track or are VN players.
OLHeartsDec 7, 2013 8:50 AM

~Boys be Smile
Dec 7, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Maffy said:

I really don't see how you can't grasp what's going on. I'm not trying to offend or anything, but they give you the pieces to put it all together. Hell, I can already see a few of your questions that were answered IN THIS EPISODE.

For example, the thing about them all knowing. Kyousuke implies that the girls didn't know when he mentions that Kud 'remembered' the repeats. That means, she didn't know it was going on, until that moment where she remembered. It can be assumed then, that the others also came to remember these repeats also.

With the whole 'everyone else accepting to make those two stronger' question, not everyone accepts it. Kengo's against it and Masato doesn't have any opinion and refuses to truly get involved and even if they did, I think Kyousuke makes that understandable when he says that 'Riki and Rin are heading towards pain and dispair' and 'they need to be stronger to keep going' and things of the sort. I think it's obvious from that and also Kyousuke and Kengo's conversation last episode that those two need to be stronger because of where they're headed and that the other's also seem to know where that place is too.

The problem isn't that the show isn't giving answers, it's that you're not paying enough attention to what's happening.
Dec 7, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2013
I'm a tv-only viewer and I think this episode pretty much tell you everything, or at least tell you most of the things that are happening.
The bus accident that was mentioned episodes ago is pretty much confirmed to happend to Little Busters crew (T_T), and they explained a little about the timeloop.
Now I'm thinking about, a lot of weird stuff happened in the past and now I think I can understand that because they are not in the "real world".
The only question that I have now is "How Kyousuke created this world".

And I say it again, I'm amazed by Kyousuke's willpower.
Dec 7, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
Exbo said:

There are 331 visual and dialogue hints altogether in his gallery. (as of posting) They're subtle, but possible to analyse. These usually refer to *what* happened. *How* it happened will be explained later (or Key Magic). A story is always about asking questions~ Don't be dissatisfied yet and wait for the next episode.

Heh, there's 331 NOW, but I'll try to bring it to at least 350 by the next episode.

@Maffy
I could literally answer every one of those questions by spoiling you to death, and as Seano said, like half of them are already clued in your face, but you have to put it all together in the next few episodes, where you'll get more clues and be able to make a better connection.
Please, hush for now ;)

ZMEI said:
i understood about that brother stuff that happened to her, but was wondering about the meaning of what appeared here
thanks, helped a lot

Basically...
In one timeline-
Riki isn't able to help Komari (he's weak-spirited, cries in a corner).
Then, Kyousuke resets the world and Riki tries again, and at some point in the future, he's strong enough to help her without breaking down.
Vladz0rDec 7, 2013 9:16 AM
Dec 7, 2013 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Oh god.I loved this. 5/5
Next episode is gonna make me cry sooo much.;_;
Dec 7, 2013 9:29 AM
Jun 2013
Seeing sometimes animation back from first season was a bit odd, as well as some "pictures'cutting" : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/asdfasdf_zps395330a8.png

That left aside, it was a really good episode , the best so far in fact. I know I say that each week, but in my opinion, the show became really good with Masato's episode and doesn't stop improving since then.

The OST was great (Little Melody <3), the animation was more than okay (flashback excluded), Kyousuke's monologue were PERFECT and the anime even show a bad end for Komari, which is a great add. Teared up all along.

I could only complain about Kyousuke's travelling (don't remember him being so far away in the VN) and some blood effects which wasn't that good, but it's still great so I don't really care.
Dec 7, 2013 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
Seeing sometimes animation back from first season was a bit odd, as well as some "pictures'cutting" : http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/asdfasdf_zps395330a8.png

That left aside, it was a really good episode , the best so far in fact. I know I say that each week, but in my opinion, the show became really good with Masato's episode and doesn't stop improving since then.

The OST was great (Little Melody <3), the animation was more than okay (flashback excluded), Kyousuke's monologue were PERFECT and the anime even show a bad end for Komari, which is a great add. Teared up all along.

I could only complain about Kyousuke's travelling (don't remember him being so far away in the VN) and some blood effects which wasn't that good, but it's still great so I don't really care.

Well, in the VN, he kept getting taken back to the starting point and he'd have to take another shot at getting to the gasoline. They didn't have that in the anime, but they of course kept his agonizing struggle over to it, which was really what made it so great in the first place.
Dec 7, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
Can't wait to cry myself to sleep next episode... All the kyousuke haters r probably his biggest fans now after watching this.
Dec 7, 2013 9:44 AM
Apr 2013
Now I bet anybody who were badmouthing Kyosuke and Masato and taking Kengo's side look pretty foolish. :P
Dec 7, 2013 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
Gotta love Kyousuke... he worked so hard to protect both of them T_T

-After reading everyone's comment-

I definitely need to prepare myself for the next 2 episodes don't I ... >.>
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.