Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Probably that's the Kyokai no Kanata dimension , whereas we see Mirai there with a soulless Akihito.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 4, 2013 12:16 PM
Apr 2010
I
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
I get that the 1st one was a dream due to Mirai's blood remaining in Akihito.
The 2nd one showed that Akihito's death was set up from the beginning by Izumi.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.
The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Sent with Mal Updater

I reckon it's as dreadknightnero said, the scenes in winter are inside kyoukai no kanata where mirai is still alive, hunting for the youmu that was inside akihito ... sort of how she was inside the hollow shadow a few episodes earlier i think.

anyway, interesting episode, starting to tie up some loose ends i thnk.
Dec 4, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Such an awesome episode.Kinda confusing at the beggining but everything got explained later.Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2010
Very good episode. Made the beginning part make sense, and Kuriyama just became a lot more understandable and likable.
Dec 4, 2013 12:46 PM
Jul 2012
What an interesting twist. Many things make more sense now. I wonder if Akihito is fully human and no longer immortal. Certainly Mirai isn't dead. I bet the youma and herself are both still alive somewhere inside of him.
Dec 4, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
Dreyar said:
Akihito and his youmu power are the only reason I watch this anime. If they pull this stupid trend of main characters losing their power near the ending, I will drop this anime with the force of a thousand suns.

here here! LOL no seriously you crack me up "with the force of a thousand suns"

I'd do the same thing except i wont actually drop it, need to see it through to the end. Though i will be VERY dissatisfied if it ends like that.

btw...does this mean Aki doesn't have a dad or something? I assumed his mom banged a youmu and voila half-breed child! but now....what's the deal?
Dec 4, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2008
Wow, excellent plot twist. I've to admit that I hated Mirai because of her difficult character, but this episode cleared up my confusion and finally I started to like her. In first episode I was nearly disgusted that she was killing Akihito, just for practise and in last chapter that she was so decided to kill him, while others had to convinced her to not do it. Fortunately all of it was not true.
Like others I'm also confused. I hope they will tell what's going on with that scene with Zombie Akihito during winter. I doubt it was just in dream.
Also is Akihito human now? Or is he still half youmu- half human? I hope he didn't lost his powers. It would be cool if he could use it.
Important question: Nase at the end, while discussing new plan with that old man, said: "Mirai Kuriyama will take the bait. However the society of warriors is bound to come to pursuit the Beyond of Bondary. I swear we will annihilate it before they beat us to it. "
So... that beyond of bondary is still 'alive', right? Is it that half youmu part of Akihito? So he is human now, right? That's why he slept for so long? Now they will have to kill it? I wonder how. I hope not by killing Mirai, because it wouldn't have a sense.

Only thing, which is a definitely a plot hole to me is that glassess guy. I hoped that it was explanation why he failed so easily to capture Akihito. Seriously I expected better plan from him, than just show by himself to get him ;/
Dec 4, 2013 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Secrets

Dec 4, 2013 1:12 PM
Jun 2012
so does anybody else hate nase izumi or is it just me. i kind of hope akihito will get kuriyama back and then kill izumi. but lets see what happens next week.
Dec 4, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Darkmaya said:
Wow, excellent plot twist. I've to admit that I hated Mirai because of her difficult character, but this episode cleared up my confusion and finally I started to like her. In first episode I was nearly disgusted that she was killing Akihito, just for practise and in last chapter that she was so decided to kill him, while others had to convinced her to not do it. Fortunately all of it was not true.
Like others I'm also confused. I hope they will tell what's going on with that scene with Zombie Akihito during winter. I doubt it was just in dream.
Also is Akihito human now? Or is he still half youmu- half human? I hope he didn't lost his powers. It would be cool if he could use it.
Important question: Nase at the end, while discussing new plan with that old man, said: "Mirai Kuriyama will take the bait. However the society of warriors is bound to come to pursuit the Beyond of Bondary. I swear we will annihilate it before they beat us to it. "
So... that beyond of bondary is still 'alive', right? Is it that half youmu part of Akihito? So he is human now, right? That's why he slept for so long? Now they will have to kill it? I wonder how. I hope not by killing Mirai, because it wouldn't have a sense.

Only thing, which is a definitely a plot hole to me is that glassess guy. I hoped that it was explanation why he failed so easily to capture Akihito. Seriously I expected better plan from him, than just show by himself to get him ;/

Plot twist: Mirai defeats Beyond the Boundary and the little rock/gem thing appears. Real battle begins between Nase family and the society.
Dec 4, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
IDK about the rest of you, but i was so moved by this episode... the use of symbolism was crazy too me. I don't know exactly where this show is headed but it makes me so excited! a week of waiting is so long! this show and kill la kill are the ONLY shows worth my time this season.
Dec 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Well, this was boring. Can't believe it took whole episode to show that Kuriyama was planning to kill him from the start and then fell for him. I thought this was obvious in the previous episode, but oh well..
Dec 4, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Epic episode. This plot twist is crazy. Was confused at first then they explain what was going on. Learn about Mirai. Must say now I think she pretty bad ass now. Then got confused with the white world thing. So Mirai is still alive inside beyond the boundary. Walking around with a zombie Akihito. I don't know what to think any more. Thought Izumi was cool. She turned out to be a bitch. Thought Akihito to be dead. He's not. Anyway this episode got me seeing this anime in a whole new light. Can't wait for next week.
Dec 4, 2013 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
This episodes was confusing the next ep should clear things up as to what is really going on.
Dec 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2010
Well ... I won't say that I expected it but, I expected it.
Dec 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
I'm relieved that the plot is finally falling into place! Finally this show becomes interesting once more. Excited to see the resolution and finale soon.
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Dec 4, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
I thought that Mirai gave the "young wife" feel in the first quarter of this episode.

Izumi and Mirai planned to kill Akihito since the beginning. Cause he's kinda like a weapon of mass destruction.

So everything that happened in Summer in this episode is a dream.
We are currently in Autumn.
Winter is what is happening inside the Kyoukai no Kanata.
Dec 4, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
i got confused too much in the beginning but after that i saw what happened clearly , poor Mirai =(
Dec 4, 2013 2:24 PM
May 2013
That was NOT unpleasant! I was quite surprised they explained most things so thoroughly, any case of "side-casting the plot" or "lack of explanations" faded away with this ep (I say "most" because it seems Izumi made up some aspect of the whole "use your blood to separate them and he'll be ok" part, she's almost as sly as Miroku)

Also, did anyone else notice Hiroomi was sunburned due to staring at bikini Mitsuki under the sun for too long? XD.
Dec 4, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2013
He's going to go save her, it's obvious.
Dec 4, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
This entire episode was absolutely heartbreaking! It was an amazing episode though :)
Dec 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
Wowwow I'm thoroughly impressed. This show really has picked up. A lot of things that didn't make sense at all about Mirai's character before make sense now.

When Akkey was still unconscious, and he was listening to Mitsuki, and the harsh words he told her, I realized that it wasn't actually possible for Mitsuki to be inside his head; so I was thinking, were all those harsh words that Mitsuki said to him what he actually thinks about himself? Because wow in that case it that hurts.
Dec 4, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
NOOOO, why Mirai, why. The plot of the show is in this episode, and it is so sad. She sacrificed herself to save Akkey, but Akkey would never have wanted that. =((

So her mission from the start, was to kill Akkey. But she met him, and loves him too much to want to kill him. So when Izumi Nase told her about how she might be able to sacrifice herself for him, she does. And The summer and winter was just a dream.

Akhito better find her!
Got so much information about the whole plot in just one episode.
This show just went up in my rankings.
Dec 4, 2013 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
This anime tearing my heart.
Very perfect episode.
:(
Dec 4, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Woah, that explained a lot of the points I had thought were bullshit before.
Now if only they tell what the hell were those scenes in winter...
Dec 4, 2013 4:11 PM

Dec 2009
This episode alone has brought my opinion up +2 to 6/10. Really like how Izumi was involved since the very beginning. I hope the last 3 episodes will be as good as this one
Dec 4, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2013
Kumagawa said:
This episode alone has brought my opinion up +2 to 6/10. Really like how Izumi was involved since the very beginning. I hope the last 3 episodes will be as good as this one
Agreed with everything even the score. I really want to like this anime more but I can't bring myself to care for Mirai. I am glad that she is a deeper character than she was portrayed as though.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Dec 4, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
There was always something missing in this show, and now we get to know what was it.
Great episode, can't wait to see next one.

Give us more Hiromi and Mitsuki tho.
Dec 4, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
So sad! Mirai! No! I was mad at the end of episode 9 because I thought she killed Akhito, but this might be even worse..
Dec 4, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
OKAY, it seems like there are people who are still confused with this episode..

SO HERE ARE THE EXPLANATIONS :) so please read if you're still confused!

-contain spoilers lol-

THE SCENE IN THE SUMMER is Aki's dream, due to Mirai's blood still remaining in his body.

THE SCENE WHERE AKI WAKES UP without MIRAI is the real world in the present time, with the glasses that Mirai had left.

now, THE WINTER PART where lot of people seems to be confused about, is THE WORLD INSIDE KYOUKAI NO KANATA in the present time.

It's the world created by that youmu like what happened during the fight with the hollow shadow youmu.

MIRAI is IN the kyoukai no kanata. So i'm assuming that she's not dead YET, just in an another world inside the youmu.
ALSO, because the kyoukai no kanata left Aki, I reckon he did lose his youmu power including fast regeneration..

Overall, i loved this episode.. lot of mysteries solved with an unexpected twist x)
BiglittlemeDec 4, 2013 5:00 PM
Dec 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
so Mirai sacrifice herself but looks like she is still alive judging from the preview of next week episode

and i knew that Izumi is an enemy lol
Dec 4, 2013 4:54 PM

Dec 2013
Also, to clear up things for Mirai...

It's not that she agreed to kill Aki from her own will, but it WAS pressured on her, because in one of the episode (i think ep 8) Izumi Nase stopped Yui's family from killing her.
So when Izumi asked Mirai to kill Aki, i reckon she had no choice but to do it...

And then thats when her relationship with Aki was built on and the plan to kill kyoukai no kanata got twisted... :)

Thats why she sacrificed herself to get the youmu out of Aki's body
Dec 4, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.

Sent with Mal Updater

1st one was a dream made from the remnant of Mirai's blood inside of Akihito's body just as you said

2nd one was pretty much a summary of the events that happened since the start from the perspective of Mirai and Izumi.

3rd one is where Mirai is actually located in the present time. She's alone in a world of darkness, likely inside of Kyoukai no kanata.

4th one is present time as well but from outside Kyoukai no kanata. Akihiko just woke up there.
Dec 4, 2013 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
redd530 said:
I thought that Mirai gave the "young wife" feel in the first quarter of this episode.

Izumi and Mirai planned to kill Akihito since the beginning. Cause he's kinda like a weapon of mass destruction.

So everything that happened in Summer in this episode is a dream.
We are currently in Autumn.
Winter is what is happening inside the Kyoukai no Kanata.

Yeah I get it now you made it easier to get!
Anywho this episode had me feeling quite a lot, I was crying a little!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Dec 4, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
oh my god i did not expect this, looks like akkey is gonna try to save her! im sad they didn't kiss :c.
Dec 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
holy shit, what a twist... the feels man, the feels >_>
i'm kinda glad that aki survived, but this is as bad as him being dead

at least the trailer hints that she is still alive *please come back, i dont mind it whether with or without glasses, just come back! T-T"
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Dec 4, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Aki is going to save the glasses beauty from beyond the boundary next episode, WOOT!!!

Great episode!!!
Dec 4, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
past 3 weeks have been good if only this show started off at this level.. still doesn't change the fact i hate Mirai with a burning passion
Dec 4, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2012
damn I had a tear there, this episode is truly amazing! It clears up all the contradiction and being emotional in some time.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 4, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2013
It was a very good episode, but the problem I have whit this show is that the pacing for me is to slow. I mean, It is a 13 episode long series end I started caring for the show just now.

Don't get me wrong, it had some decent episodes, but it had some stupid and boring ones, what would have been fine if the show was longer but it isn't. I mean they spent a whole episode on dancing, but did not answer some interesting questions that are floating in the air like who is Akihtos father, what is the background of Mirais clan, the Nase family, how did Akihto end up in the Nase family care, what's up with the mother, the conflict between the Nase family and the spirit world society?

I know that these questions could get answered during the last 3 episodes, but that would feel kind of rushed. Instead of showing the characters hanging around and enjoining themselves for a notable amount of time, they could explain to us a little bit more about the world and its rules. Well, I admit that I prefer world-building driven stories, and this is a KyoAni show, but still...
Dec 4, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
After this episode, I say that this may be the best anime this season
Surprising every epi, I can't wait to see what will happen next ..
Dec 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
were is this crybaby from some weeks ago who said things like "mimimi this is so unlogical, bad charas, bad show, kyoani is a shitty studio"? in ya face! ;p one does not simply judge a show until its over. i thought we all knew this since shows like evangelion where the best parts could be seen in the endgame ore since movies like Seven. I cannot understand why people rate this show a 4 or something like that. i mean, the animation is fantastic (! only because of that i would rate it 5), the dub is really good, the story isnt as bad as something like a useless harem or a typical shounen show, there are visually some unique charas (no red haired archtypes or the opposite of that), some funny dialogues and scenes and so on. i understand that someone doesnt like this or that as much as others do, but a 4? does the obviously hard work of the crew deserves this? with this twist i uprated this +1 to 10. if the end is something, then it doesnt jump to 9 back here. =p
Dec 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
This episode really surprised me. Given how mediocre the show's plotting has been, I really wasn't expecting such a game-changing plot twist. It makes me glad that I stuck with it just because it's Kyoani.
Dec 4, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
Lucky_Roo said:
Don't get me wrong, it had some decent episodes, but it had some stupid and boring ones, what would have been fine if the show was longer but it isn't. I mean they spent a whole episode on dancing, but did not answer some interesting questions that are floating in the air like who is Akihtos father, what is the background of Mirais clan, the Nase family, how did Akihto end up in the Nase family care, what's up with the mother, the conflict between the Nase family and the spirit world society?

-_- this show is about mirai and akky. other things arent that important and they are as they are. this show doesnt have the time for all this stuff, otherwise it would be something like one piece. ;p in other shows they also dont tell every detail of the world around the charas. ;)
Dec 4, 2013 6:20 PM
Dec 2013
this episode really cleared everything out I can't wait for next week.. are they literally going beyond the boundary?! ahh I'm so excited
Dec 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
I thought this episode was going to be sad because everyone was saying and posting of how sad it was, but I didnt cry at all, probably because im a guy or something but yeah. This episode explained alot so that was good. I knew it Akihito wouldnt die, he is immortal and awesome. But Mirai died, shes an idiot though. She shouldve killed him instead so she can take the blame for, but now it looks like everyones gonna be angry with him.
Dec 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

Sent with Mal Updater

The winter world is where Mirai is trapped inside of Beyond the Boundary. The winter world is Mirai alone inside BtB.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 4, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
ashlelouch said:
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!

I think not because there's that symbol where 2sunflowers see each other but there's distance between them. I guess Mirai can't bring herself to do so.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 4, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2008
ashlelouch said:
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!

I don't think the kiss happened.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.