Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 3, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
Am i the only one who wanted Hikage to bring her cute friend with her? :D

Great episode ... that Renge Face <3
Dec 3, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 2011
hgeronimo said:
Am i the only one who wanted Hikage to bring her cute friend with her? :D

Nope. But then again one person's train fare all the way to/from Tokyo just for ... that cultural festival was a bit much in itself.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 3, 2013 6:39 AM

May 2010
Poor Natsumi in the beginning, your mom is everywhere xD

Hika-nee is so lovable (lol, I am calling her 'nee' when she is only in highschool, so weird xD) Can't resist Renge's cuteness, that giraffe! UMA, pffft.

Koma-chan's outfit, so cuuuute; I saw real moe today, bye bye real world

That play, xD XD I just knew it, the glasses will fall and the moment they fell, I couldn't breath; so hilarious! xD Nii-chan participated in his own way. Poor Natsumi but she got what she deserved

Loved Natsumi's toys. Komari's essay was just as cute as her. Young Natsumi was so adorable, got trolled with her video tape xD
Dec 3, 2013 6:45 AM

Dec 2011
Natsumi's UMA looked nothing like the one in the episode preview from last time. I wonder if that's what it was originally meant to look like...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
"guess what? when i grow up i'll marry nii-chan" aww how cute :D
loved the cultural festival even though it was quite a mess :D suguru as the dog was the highlight.
Dec 3, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Their brother and that dog house was so funny and no one even noticed him which is the best thing of all.
Komari putting on that act was also a funny moment especially the reactions of the others around her, not to mention Kono-chan trying to cheer her up.

Also that last scene with Natsumi with the video was nice.
Dec 3, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2013
Am I the only one that noticed that since the grandma of the candy store either died or is no longer able to take care of herself that delinquent-san got the job? Probably after having some troubles with the law (I do not mean nothing major, in japan the police will scold you in the street if they deem you are too young to smoke) in Tokyo and being dragged back to the rural village by her parents (she probably has no skill nor drive to get a soul suckingreal job). ATM her parents are probably trying to marry her to some spinless bastardlucky individual so she can start her own family, medetachi, medetachi.
Dec 3, 2013 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
Ren-chon's crying face: You will (not) resist.

Only 3 episodes left. =/
Dec 3, 2013 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
mangamuscle said:
Am I the only one that noticed that since the grandma of the candy store either died or is no longer able to take care of herself that delinquent-san got the job? Probably after having some troubles with the law (I do not mean nothing major, in japan the police will scold you in the street if they deem you are too young to smoke) in Tokyo and being dragged back to the rural village by her parents (she probably has no skill nor drive to get a soul suckingreal job). ATM her parents are probably trying to marry her to some spinless bastardlucky individual so she can start her own family, medetachi, medetachi.

What?

You know Kaede isn't actually a delinquent, right?

But anyway, the candy store was probably run in the past by the grandmotheras a sort of retirement hobby. Such a place wouldn't need to make much money. Then grandma stopped being able to run it and Kaede decided she wanted to take over, rather than just letting it shut down.
That's how I see it, anyway.
Dec 3, 2013 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
So so episode but maybe it's because it was so different compared previous calm and heartwarming episodes. Disaster bunkasai I would call it.
Dec 3, 2013 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
Another funny episode, especially the video part of Natsumi wanted to marry her brother, I thought the video supposed to be a recording of their favourite show from tv.

Also Ren-chon headgear:
http://i.imgur.com/sbu2DBi.jpg?1

at first sight, I thought it was kaho horns headgear from ragnarok online XD
http://wiki.rebirthro.com/w/images/2/21/LordKahosHorn.jpg
Dec 3, 2013 5:26 PM
Jul 2013
this anime is very cute and very relaxing ^^
I loved this episode

Dec 3, 2013 5:49 PM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
... Kaede decided she wanted to take over, rather than just letting it shut down.
That's how I see it, anyway.

It might be as you say, but I got this nagging feeling otherwise. Lets compare delinquent-san (nobody on the series calls her by her given name >_< ) and nee-nee (the teacher).

1. nee-nee gets a salary depending on how many classes she gives, lets suppose she is only paid for one grade, nevertheless that is 4 or 5 classes (from the record card shown on an earlier episode) as a civil servant and she does not have a boss to yell at her if she feels like arriving at 12'o clock, as long as she grades her students she is doing her job.

2. Delinquent-san gets a salary equal to whatever five kids spend on sweets (and they are not fatties that can't go on without getting a dose every day (or after every meal)) or toys (which by her own admission suck hard) and she is all alone while doing her job (the TV is inside the house and she does not seem to have at least a radio with her).

I can perfectly understand why nee-nee does what he does, she gets paid a good salary and gets to interact with the kids, checks their homework then she is off to do whatever she fancies (like window shop at amazon in what to spend her easily earned money). I cannot understand why someone would man a nearly empty shop (that does not sell anything important) for less than minimum wage, she could do the same job at a lawson (since bar codes became the norm even a chimpanzee could do it), get paid more, get to interact with more people and have more fun on her free time. The only reason i can think of is that she has some kind of phobia (to closed spaces, to crowds, to tall building, ???).
mangamuscleDec 3, 2013 6:51 PM
Dec 3, 2013 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Hotaru in kitty ears just seem to fit her so well
Dec 3, 2013 8:12 PM

Sep 2013
I knew right away that Ren-chon was a giraffe! :-)

Another adorable episode! This is the best series of the season! 2nd best in 2013 (Monogatari beats it by a nose...)
Dec 3, 2013 10:41 PM

Mar 2009
Last week we got those gliders, and this week had slinkies and those rubber popper toys. Total nostalgia bomb!
Dec 3, 2013 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
mangamuscle said:
nobody on the series calls her by her given name.

Kazuho does.

And I personally would rather have my own, unfrequented shop than be some human robot working on checkout at some chain store. Plus of course doing the latter would mean having to move to somewhere else. Even if it did mean getting paid more.

Then again the places where these weird little shops do seem to survive in unlikely places usually tend to be in areas with a tourism industry - the money they make in tourist season thus making up for the lack of it during the rest of the year. Yet the only things we saw over the summer with any relation to that were a couple of people coming to visit relatives in the village.
Dec 4, 2013 12:37 AM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:
Last week we got those gliders, and this week had slinkies and those rubber popper toys. Total nostalgia bomb!

You could tell this is how the manga creator spent his childhood :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 4, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2012
trickyhero said:
this show is legendary, not much of the best character hotaru though.

I really enjoyed this episode, but I did notice there was a real lack of Hotarun...

Still, it was Natsumi's episode, so it was only fair really.
Dec 4, 2013 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
AWww I wanna see the rest of that video! :( Chibi Natsumi was so cute :3
Dec 4, 2013 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
Little Natchan is so cute.

So I guess next year their oniichan would move to town to continue high school like Hikage (Renge older sister)?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 4, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2012
Natsume = best Non Non.
Dec 4, 2013 11:52 PM

Mar 2009
xchee said:
Mormegil said:

They had a good childhood, then. :D
Dec 5, 2013 9:40 PM

May 2012
Komachan as cute as ever. <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 6, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
First it's Shintani Ryoko and now Fukuen Misato? Most excellent cast. Relaxing as ever, Hotaru looked lovely in her outfit during the "festival" 5/5.
Dec 6, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
Mogami-kun said:
First it's Shintani Ryoko and now Fukuen Misato?

First? I don't get what you mean. After all, Hikage appeared before Konomi.

O-Divine-Demon said:
Natsume = best Non Non.

Lol calling the characters Non Nons.
Dec 6, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man, Renge's song at the very start of the show was dark:

"Color, color, color, color,
Color it all black,
Color over what happened back then, too"

I was like O_o
Dec 6, 2013 6:44 PM
Feb 2013
liking Konomi more and more with that bit with Hika-nee. I guess that "way back when" shot is a hint that she's quite a bit older than Koma-chan and friends unless she grew like Hotarun
Dec 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
Regarding Konomi's age . . .
Dec 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2011
PaleBlue said:
Oh man, Renge's song at the very start of the show was dark:

"Color, color, color, color,
Color it all black,
Color over what happened back then, too"

I was like O_o

I completely forgot about that line. What happens when I don't rewatch the episode for once.
Dec 7, 2013 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A light-hearted festival so I had not yet seen after the most pompous seen in the past, is hilarity! Nice plot, it's back to the pure slice of life in the narrative, but there is more! ^ _ ^
Nice blast from the past, I remember when the cable reels conosle Atari 2600, then moved to the Sega Megadrive! * _ *
This anime manages to immerse myself in the context in which they are the protagonists, I can feel their detachment from modern life stressful and fast, standards-based flavors. And then, and always so nice to see them in the past. I hope we can put some other character before the end! : D
Too bad that the drawings are not always excellent, I do not know what I would give to them as well! ^ ^ "
Komari too cute, but he always manages to outdo Renge with his find, good performance even Natsu and the others, too bad there was little room for Hotarun! ^ ^ "

P.S. Moar Non Non Biyori! *_*
Dec 7, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2013
Love this series also relaxing :3 , "I'll marry onee-chan" LOL that embarrassing moment

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 7, 2013 6:57 AM
Sep 2013
Ren chan as giraffe haha xD didnt expect that animal.
that video XD natsumi as kid really adorable.
Dec 8, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
I saw Renge and was like, daw, a little giraffe XD Sure enough they couldn't guess what she was. This anime is such a dose of cute-overload.

And I nearly died at Koma wanting to be a flower when she grew up. Pft!
Dec 8, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
I thought Ren-chon was dressed as an alien and i knew that Natsumi couldn't do that tablecloth trick lol.
Dec 10, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2009
This episode was just priceless
Dec 10, 2013 7:14 PM

Dec 2009
xchee said:
Mormegil said:

Ohh yes, I have drawers full of these things too...
And yes, they tend to get rediscovered when cleaning up, and in the end there's more chaos than before the cleaning started :D
Dec 11, 2013 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Natsumi when she was young HELLA FUCKING ASS CUTE!!!!!! JUST TOO FUCKING KAWAII!!!!! When she rubbed her face on Nii-chan and saying she wanted to marry him when she grows up and Nii-chan as always stoic as usual. LOLZ
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 11, 2013 10:49 AM
Jul 2013
The whole episode was a LOL.
Dec 12, 2013 1:06 PM

Jan 2011
Moar of this. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I thought Renge was a snail... ahue.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 12, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Moar of this. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I thought Renge was a snail... ahue.

I agree. And I thought the same... but of course it was... a giraffe. How silly of us haha.
Dec 17, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
That mini cultural festival was entertaining including the persuading Hikari
Natsumi being a bro-con when she was little was a surprise and funny
Dec 19, 2013 5:55 PM

Jun 2012
why must the episode end!? D=

haha, the brother has not changed at all =P

haha Candy Store and her mask xD

Dec 28, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 2010
Ren-chon and her thoughts xd How can I know that's a giraffe ? :D

Lol @ Natsumi and her blushes , she wanted to marry his nii-chan ..
Dec 28, 2013 7:25 AM

Dec 2011
myd10oz said:

Judging from responses on this thread, that's the easiest of Ren-chon's "guess what this is"es to get right of the entire series by far.
Dec 28, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
myd10oz said:

Judging from responses on this thread, that's the easiest of Ren-chon's "guess what this is"es to get right of the entire series by far.

You're right.Maybe that example is more easier than others but that's one of the unique guess.I wanted to mention this :) (I hope I understand what you mean,sometimes it's hard for me to understand English)
Jan 6, 2014 12:58 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ Suguru the faithful dog
Oh, Hikage just snapped.. The candy store, well she's already like that

The brother.. He hasn't changed at all since 10 years ago
And Natsumi the brocon xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 8, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
This anime really eases my mind .
Jan 13, 2014 7:07 AM
Aug 2011
Yeey.

I knew she was a giraffe the moment I saw it ^^.
Jan 14, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2012
Those costumes were totally epic!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

260 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.