Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 6:24 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha all that for protecting a different secret :p Pretty okey episode lets see what's next!
Dec 9, 2013 4:19 PM
Sep 2010
Laughing at Goku and ChiChi's first date. Of course it would have went like that. I wonder if Goku will be able to come back again, at least to meet Goten.
Uploader53
Jan 6, 2014 3:24 AM
Apr 13, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 2009
Is Angela the angel that is mentioned in the ED?

SerhiykoAug 31, 2017 2:01 PM
Jul 5, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
Gohan the heartthrob.
Aug 14, 2016 8:12 AM

Feb 2016
Gohan's full of secrets now that he's a teenager it seems... lol. What a ordeal...

I wonder why Videl is so impudent on finding out "Who Saiyaman really is". He came in, he saved the day, case closed? No?... Going around finding out superheroes identities isn't typical... but I guess she wants to be different, lol.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 2, 2016 10:53 PM

Sep 2013
Gohan screaming to prevent Angela from telling Videl his secret...hah!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 15, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2010
It's funny how all bad cliches about woman/girls are used in this series. Toriyama must have hated woman LOL. Angela another example of it, blackmailing Gohan. And in the end finding a quick replacement (similar to Maron on that).

No idea how Videl survived all of her previous missions, Saiyaman saved her another time.

About that water tank: Didnt they say it wouldnt be enough to extinguish the fire and only prevent it ? Well it was out after that... or the german dub did a mistake no idea.

The secret revealing was LOL but almost to be expected to be "something else" aka Teddybear Underwear.
Feb 15, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2015
@Voel Pretty sure Angela was made by the animation team, just like Maron. Maybe the name came from Toriyama, since it's a pun on Videl.

Voel said:
There are so many female in DBZ that are slightly "weird/annoying" etc.

Actually, I always thought 90% or more of all Toriyama characters around that time (all series/1shot included), if not 99%, were weird... Look at Bulma, she's highly gifted, rich, manipulative yet a nice girl (and later a good business woman, I guess) but she's pretty egocentrical and pretty bad in handling peoples sometimes, Goku talks for himself, Mutenroshi is well known for his extreme balance between "good and evil", Yamcha was sickenly timid and stayed a loner all his life, Lunch has her great comic relief mental problem, N°18 comes to be very interested, etc.
Maybe I'm exagerrating but only Krilin seemed "normal" to me.
Rei_IIIFeb 15, 2020 11:35 AM
Feb 15, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2010
Rei_III said:
@Voel Pretty sure Angela was made by the animation team, just like Maron. Maybe the name came from Toriyama, since it's a pun on Videl.
Thanks, I think you're right. They probably were done by the animation team, don't know if Toriyama was involved here. Just a joke, I'm sure Toriyama doesnt hate women btw. But there are so many female in DBZ that are slightly "weird/annoying" etc.

Rei_III said:

Voel said:

Actually, I always thought 90% or more of all Toriyama characters around that time (all series/1shot included), if not 99%, were weird... Look at Bulma, she's highly gifted, rich, manipulative yet a nice girl (and later a good business woman, I guess) but she's pretty egocentrical and pretty bad in handling peoples sometimes, Goku talks for himself, Mutenroshi is well known for his extreme balance between "good and evil", Yamcha was sickenly timid and stayed a loner all his life, Lunch has her great comic relief mental problem, N°18 comes to be very interested, etc.
Agree with what you say, then again its an Anime show, so I actually believe literally nothing is really normal. Even Krillin, I mean he has no nose ;) He is good hearted and sympathic but he is a bit naive sometimes. But I see what you mean, among all the crazy ones he seems normal.

What I meant with woman in the show is that they are very often easily annoyed by something (ChiChi / Lunch Alter Ego/ Bulma and there are more) or they are presented as money/shopping grubbing (Maron) or they change their interest quickly/fall in love with someone else quickly without remorse (Angela and again Maron), so not very loyal or anything. I could name even more. To me these are all bad character features.

I think the male characters are slightly different from this, they are just crazy like Goku with his eating habits or grandpa, sorry Muten Roshi with his "weakness" for naked woman *nosebleed*. So utter crazyiness, but in a funny good way, besides the antagonists of course. The men are not in the way a lot of woman are in DBZ. Just my op, I dont hate woman btw at all, love them *nosebleed* ;)
VoelFeb 15, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 5, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was something to be sure...
Nov 25, 2022 6:23 AM

Nov 2020
Gohan's full of secrets now that he's a teenager it seems.

I wonder why Videl is so impudent on finding out "Who Saiyaman really is". He came in, he saved the day, case closed? No?... Going around finding out superheroes identities isn't typical... but I guess she wants to be different.
Apr 8, 4:19 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Voel
Rei_III said:
Thanks, I think you're right. They probably were done by the animation team, don't know if Toriyama was involved here. Just a joke, I'm sure Toriyama doesnt hate women btw. But there are so many female in DBZ that are slightly "weird/annoying" etc.

Rei_III said:

Voel said:

Agree with what you say, then again its an Anime show, so I actually believe literally nothing is really normal. Even Krillin, I mean he has no nose ;) He is good hearted and sympathic but he is a bit naive sometimes. But I see what you mean, among all the crazy ones he seems normal.

What I meant with woman in the show is that they are very often easily annoyed by something (ChiChi / Lunch Alter Ego/ Bulma and there are more) or they are presented as money/shopping grubbing (Maron) or they change their interest quickly/fall in love with someone else quickly without remorse (Angela and again Maron), so not very loyal or anything. I could name even more. To me these are all bad character features.

I think the male characters are slightly different from this, they are just crazy like Goku with his eating habits or grandpa, sorry Muten Roshi with his "weakness" for naked woman *nosebleed*. So utter crazyiness, but in a funny good way, besides the antagonists of course. The men are not in the way a lot of woman are in DBZ. Just my op, I dont hate woman btw at all, love them *nosebleed* ;)
@Voel you're starting to sound like a incel, so you better stop šŸ¤£ since you're nose bleeding with women's bodies but detest some personalities because they're not pleasing. I could say the same about Goku's and roshi's treats, they're disgusting and not funny at all... would make them undesirable to have around.

šŸ’¢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.