Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2013 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat beach episode~

Lol poor Reiji, he got a bitch slap. Oh and Mao is back. I found this episode pretty relaxing. It's a nice breather from the intense competition not that I dislike that.

Decent battle this time. I love the OST and field of this episode. That model at the end looked pretty badass.
Nov 18, 2013 3:56 AM

Nov 2007
RINKO-SAN! GOCHISOSAMA DESHITA

Hopefully we get to see the Aila's Quebeley/Gadessa gunpla in action next week.
Nov 18, 2013 5:17 AM

Apr 2007
And now the CHAR appears. Well, more like the Quattro.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Nov 18, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2010
Rinko is too friggin HOT!! *A*...That's what u call a MILF ;D

Kousaka was cute as usual ^^

Mao has a love interest and she's cute. Nice taste Mao-kun XD

Liked the battle. Pretty good animation. Wondering what his secret is? And What Gunpla will Sei build now?

Char makes his debut lol XD

Can't wait for nxt ep...Nxt battle seems awesome.
Nov 18, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2013
Rinko in that swimsuit :) She is also trying her hardest to get Sei and Kousaka to spend more time together.

That was a nice battle.
Nov 18, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2010
Jamil at the start of the episode! I loved him.

Reiji should learn to keep his mouth shut sometimes lol poor Kousaka.

Nice episode and action sequences in the Gunpla battles.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 18, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
The Kampfer looks very plain. Hope it get nice weapons later on.

And... Try search Facebook for Katsumi Kawaguchi, and look at profile picture.
Nov 18, 2013 9:55 AM
Oct 2010
Good episode, the battle was awesome.
Nov 18, 2013 2:13 PM

Oct 2007
I think one of the more amusing aspects of this show at this point is that it's characters kind of invoke a moe feeling without even really trying all that hard at it than a lot of shows this season that are clearly trying so hard to have their female characters be that way. I think it helps that be it China, Aila, Misaki, Kirara, Rinko or whoever none of them have ever at any point been a pain in the ass on screen. Plus there's a gender and age balance as well to keep things in check as well.

Really though there isn't much about this show that isn't working at this point as far as I'm concerned. It handles so many things effortlessly that so many shows get so wrong and in being a kids show at that that along with Yowamushi Pedal, Hunter x Hunter, Ace of Diamond and the like really has me questioning how highly I'm going to continue to value and anticipate late night anime going forward. I swear the "kids" shows are just crushing the latter in terms of just about everything when it comes to being enjoyable to watch on average and just overall production of late.
Nov 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
Man the beginning was funny. China was cute, dat Rinko, and DAT GOUF SAND BODY.
Reiji definitely deserved that slap and god damn Sei sure can't give a simple compliment to a girl.

Willing to bet the Gundam X Maoh can absorb the Plavsky Particals to fire it's Satellite Cannon as a alternative without the moon.
I definitely hope Tatsuya uses that red and gold Hyaku Shiki instead, it will pretty much fit his new Quattro look.
Nov 18, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 2010
Dat gouf sand body, oh man that was good.
Nov 18, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
Im really loving how entertaining this show is probably one of the most entertaining shows this year.

I know if they show Unicorn, Freedom, Justice, or any from side character gundams from Gundam Wing. I think i will go crazy especially if they show Unicorn.

Probably like the only Gundam show that the female character not annoying.

I'm still waiting on the blonde hair guy that covers his eyes in this show. Thats like a Gundam trademark.
Nov 18, 2013 3:44 PM
Nov 2010
I said it before his mom is freaking hot ha
Nov 18, 2013 6:10 PM
Dec 2012
His mom has full bosom. It was funny Reiji got a rise out of China. Mao stole the show. His Gundam was unexpectedly stronger than the opponent.

In GBF, even fanservice episode has intense battles. I like it.
Nov 18, 2013 6:29 PM

Apr 2009
Apsalus III with I-field and Adzam Leader.. that's cheating, man.. that's Apsalus IV at that point if it was ever built..

what if i made an Alpha Azieru wiith an I-field? at least it's not stationary like Apsalus..
Nov 18, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
I've been grinning form the start to the end of this episode. That Gundam X parody (Jamil Neet is that u?), that golden Double X w/ the G-Bits, the Amuro Ray quote (Nu Gundam wa datte janai!!!), China being cute, Rinko being HOT, Apasalus III and Quattro Bajeena(?) lol. It was just such amazing nergasm! I LOVE this show.
Nov 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Rinko #1.

Damn, that's a badass looking Yuki Tatsuya.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 18, 2013 9:46 PM

Sep 2013
Gambling will solve all your problems, kids. Poor Reiji, his ignorance cost him (but Sei and Ral's reaction was hilarious). It's sad to see the Mk. II replaced so quickly, but "Gunpla is always evolving." Overall it was an enjoyable and I'm ready for next week's. I wish more people were watching this, as I would like to see more art for this series.
Nov 18, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2012
A nice beach episode that turned out to have a relevant story, and was as enjoyable as usual. This show is just pure entertainment; so well done.
Nov 19, 2013 7:33 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty cool episode. Nice fight too.

I really thought Tatsuzo would use the Big Zam, but this was a nice surpise!
Nov 19, 2013 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
waifu girl kills the show for me.
Nov 19, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2008
morshuwarrior said:

If you watched the previews, it's clearly shown that someone is going to use an Apsalus III.
But I also understand the way you think, because he's too similar to Dozle Zabi, and I also thought that he was going to be using a Big-Zam only to facepalm when I actually remembered the Preview.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 19, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
Well, this episode didn't meet any of my amphibious mobile suit hopes, but we got some nice Mao screentime... I'd like to of seen atleast a couple mobile suit cameos though :|
morshuwarrior said:
I was actually expecting to see a psycho gundam just to pay even more homage to Zeta, guess the Apsalus aint too shabby.
Brigandi said:
I definitely hope Tatsuya uses that red and gold Hyaku Shiki instead, it will pretty much fit his new Quattro look.

Where did they show a red and gold Hyaku Shiki? I was thinking he'd be using the almost burgundy coloroed Kampfer at the end, that ms would be perfect for his customization like the revolver and mini axes he gave the Amazing.

Preview for next episode... TALLGEESE.. Looks like the custom Red Frame Astray will be taking it down though ;( cause the astray pilot is actually in the op :|
OchimushaNov 19, 2013 1:10 PM
Nov 19, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2011
Great teamwork!!!!
Nov 19, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Man, dat epic Mao Scene. *drool*
Nov 19, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Houndtwo said:
Where did they show a red and gold Hyaku Shiki? I was thinking he'd be using the almost burgundy coloroed Kampfer at the end, that ms would be perfect for his customization like the revolver and mini axes he gave the Amazing.

in the preview
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/gundam-build-fighters-episode-8-preview.html

EDIT
Now that I remember, there was a post about the list MS of that appear in the opening with the Kampfer name in the list. Looked at the opening and saw the Kampfer with the same color schemes.
I guess i shouldn't have my hopes high. QQ Ii really liked that Hyaku Shiki.
Brigs77Nov 19, 2013 5:00 PM
Nov 19, 2013 11:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Really though there isn't much about this show that isn't working at this point as far as I'm concerned. It handles so many things effortlessly that so many shows get so wrong and in being a kids show at that that along with Yowamushi Pedal, Hunter x Hunter, Ace of Diamond and the like really has me questioning how highly I'm going to continue to value and anticipate late night anime going forward. I swear the "kids" shows are just crushing the latter in terms of just about everything when it comes to being enjoyable to watch on average and just overall production of late.

It is a fallacy to assume late night anime are better than "kids" show. Maybe it is different for you, but I grew up watching Japanese anime - the "kids" series NOT late night anime series. These "kids" series are sometimes absolutely fantastic due to their compelling storyline and strong characters. Much more than your average generic late night series.

Both late night anime and "kids" series have good and bad series. Being in one particular category does not make the series better.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 20, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
I was surprised when Apsalus showed up haha. This show is great at introducing these old mobile suits.
Nov 20, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
I'm fully satisfied with this episode just seeing Sei's mom in a swim suit. Also, i really have gotten the same vibe of Kamina with Mao this episode and as always, the battle is engaging and fun to watch to and Apsalus showing up is pretty nice too.

Seems like Sei is gonna build a new Gunpla next ep. Can't wait to see it!
Nov 20, 2013 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
Kousaka is my new waifu!! did anyone else think the Nobel gundam suited her more especially with that red aura before she slapped reiji leaves room for a master asia cameo

I'm rather turned off by big boobs (don't make it weird) but I still like rinko she's fun

Great episode as usual (lol at that wannabe Jamil's face when he lost) now I feel like customizing my exia and nadleeh good thing I work as a figurine painter

hoping for a customized version of my favourite Ez8 to appear although I didn't watch the show I loved using it in the psp game plus that design (and shiro) is just badass
TheMainCharacterNov 20, 2013 5:32 AM
Nov 20, 2013 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome battle! But dayum...Rinko was the highlight of the episode XD

Char is finally here!
Nov 20, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
Brigandi said:
Houndtwo said:

in the preview
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/gundam-build-fighters-episode-8-preview.html

EDIT
Now that I remember, there was a post about the list MS of that appear in the opening with the Kampfer name in the list. Looked at the opening and saw the Kampfer with the same color schemes.
I guess i shouldn't have my hopes high. QQ Ii really liked that Hyaku Shiki.

Ahh, I must of missed that. My thoughts are that the red and gold Hyaku Shiki will probably belong to the winner of the last world tournament or something, the guy with tattoos in the Ed.
Nov 23, 2013 1:57 PM

Jun 2012
The Crimson Comet is now donning the mask! This is where it gets intense.
Nov 23, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
dragonlight said:

That's no mask boy! No mask!

Seriously tho those are Sunglasses.
Nov 23, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode. I didn't like that conflict though, didn't fit.
Nov 24, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
Brigandi said:
dragonlight said:

That's no mask boy! No mask!

Seriously tho those are Sunglasses.

He isn't doing a Char my friend. He's doing a Quattro!
Nov 25, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
Nice episode XD

Lol when Reiji and Sei say "our gunpla isn't just for show".
Love the battle in this episode XD. Can't wait for the next episode XD
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you."
—Nyx Avatar, Persona 3
Feb 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Jun 2008
Ringo's assets are even bigger than i thought.
Lol at Sei glaring at the old guy for drooling over his mother.

And at the end there, YES, THE MASK IS ON!!
Mar 2, 2014 1:58 AM
Feb 2009
wow that was too easy for a final match
Jul 16, 2014 11:44 PM
Aug 2011
1 second into the video
Jamil pls

his glasses keep slipping off
Jamil stop

I don't know what how to feel about that Quattro Bajeena wannabe.
Nov 20, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2010
Rinko's boobs got better for this episode.
Apr 18, 2016 2:32 AM

Mar 2014
How fun is vacation ~ !? Too much ~ .
Gundam x Maoh and Build Gundam Mk-II vs Asparas III ~ !! Awesome !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 11:56 PM

Dec 2012
Double X.
They won.
That white haired girl is cute. Nice oppai.
Sei is grinning because he's going to his mom in a swimsuit.
So Reiji's world doesn't have salt water.
LAWD JESUS! Rinko is slaying that outfit! Dat oppai. Dat body. I'm sorry Sei, but I have to do this. FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP!
lol at Sei looking at Ral.
Nah. China's swimsuit has got nothing on yours.
LMFAO at Reiji.
Dat Rinko body. Dem legs. Dat booty. Dat oppai.
Dat Rinko in dem shortsu.
Mao trying to smash.
Dat Rinko oppai. Roketto chichi. Love it when she presses her arms against her oppai.
Holy shit! Reiji almost got hit.
Of course he played Gunpla.
Let's settle this with a children's mecha game.
They won.
Dat Rinko oppai.
Mao still trying to smash.
Yuuki is Kawaguchi?

Rinko so fine. I wish they went into the onsen.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 27, 2019 9:38 PM

Jul 2017
A so-so episode - the romance stuff was cute; the rest was kind of a hodgepodge. Ral mentioning the colonies makes me wonder if this really is Gundam Valhalla. Also, that loan shark dude apparently got really old in three years.
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM
Nov 2019
pertarungan kombinasi antara mao, reiji, dan iori melawan veteran juara dunia
My Candies :

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

46 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2014

63 by Yoggix »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.