Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 2, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
next episode "Resolve"
things are building higher and higher XD
can't wait for the next ep
Nov 2, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
Naotsugu looks so much different without his armor on, being buff was a lie :P

The way they chowed down and described the meat reminds me of Gin no Saji

Serara didn't gain any levels :(

"It's so obvious" ;)

So the people of the land became more human when the game became reality.
Nov 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
mayukachan said:
Decent episode. I really hope this show becomes more darker because I feel as if everyone's just OKAY with being stuck in a game.

its not that they're OKAY with being stuck in the game, its just that "they're forced to get used to it"

okay, let's do some comparisons, let's say for example in SAO

for both LH and SAO, you're stuck in the game, so we have FEAR (in general, i'll mention this later)

okay, let's do some SAO POV for now
FEAR#1 = death in the game equals death in real life
FEAR#2 = you can die in various ways and basically you aren't safe
FEAR#3 = you are presented with a HOPE. hope that you can escape the game once you have defeated the 100 levels. and they've enlightened even as to how they are stuck there. Night after night you can think about yourself pursuing that HOPE but you have FEAR#1 and FEAR#2 to worry about. and resources are also limited with the monsters not respawning. So no matter what happens, FEAR#1, FEAR#2 and FEAR#3 will always stop you from being OKAY stuck in the game (but others get used to it anyway)

now, LH POV
FEAR#1 = none, you'll revive at the cathedral, some of the players (not our MCs) were skeptic to try exploration initially because they're afraid of what might happen, and basically they think that death might be a way out, but since you'll just revive at the cathedral, death possesses no fear here
FEAR#2 = none, you can experience bullying, yes, tons of real world issues, etc but still if you die, you'll just revive in the cathedral
FEAR#3 = none, they basically have no idea how they got there or even the only way they think to which is to die is pointless. Resources in unlimited. You can cry and nag and live a life of despair all you want but still you have no idea to get out. Use that as driving force and you still wouldn't be achieving anything. (and besides you have MCs as workers, and college students so you technically more mature minds thinking their way through to what is happening) So they have to get used to it "for now."

Basically an okay life. Death is secured, you're immortal. But with nothing better to do than play the game which is their "reality" for now. and quoted from Natsugu "the only thing i still can't get used to is the taste of food"
and since the food issue is now resolved, what's more reason to fear for a life in Elder Tale

now here's the thing,

in SAO, one more basic reason for FEAR is that you're logged in with players you don't know, its basically the initial launch of the game (some beta players may know each other) but basically you're in a world with people you initially can't trust
in LH, FEAR is countered by the fact that you have people, even though you haven't personally met, that have been playing with you for a long time. You even have the game's GUILDS. so basically you're to have someone to help you and support you. You're sure you have people you can count on. You already have an established community and sort of like organization.

well anyway, that's a long text
its my point of view and how i view things with LH
so basically so far i'm OKAY with it
but yeah maybe i'm looking forward to an episode with them questioning how they got there? or when and how would they be able to get out? (which still is okay for me even if we didn't get any)
no dramatic fighting with each other since none even have the answer only if someone have found out an info on how to

and i like how its tackling society issues overly present for example in Medieval times, its like the game is a big societal experiment
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 2, 2013 2:35 PM
Mar 2012
I feel sorry for the kids
Nov 2, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
This show... this show... THIS SHOW! I'm ashamed of the fact that people compared it to SAO (despite the obvious reason). It's so easy going and interesting that I could probably watch dozens of episodes of this without the plot progressing and still enjoy it.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 2, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
AmberFebruary said:
mayukachan said:
Decent episode. I really hope this show becomes more darker because I feel as if everyone's just OKAY with being stuck in a game.

its not that they're OKAY with being stuck in the game, its just that "they're forced to get used to it"

spoiler tags because post is huge

No, I understand that LH presents less fear and terror but still, if I had to give up my real life and be stuck in a game, I wouldn't be all smiles about it. Even if I had friends or allies, it would still be a big hit on me because I value real life more than a game. I would be worried about the consequences and the dangers of the game itself.
Nov 2, 2013 4:21 PM

Aug 2010
Nyanta's subclass is a lvl 90 chef, who wouldn't want this guy in your party!

A bit of a slow episode since its in between arcs but it raised plenty of questions. First and foremost is what the deal is with the NPCs, are they some type of advanced AI that can now carry on conversations with humans and show emotions, or something else.

Also I wonder why Touya didn't call out to Shiroe at the end, seems like he wanted to but was held back by something. Perhaps he doesn't want to rely on him.

By the preview it seems that the situation in Akiba isn't all that good and there is some power abuse going on. Is it possible we will see some GvG?

Full Blog Post.
Nov 2, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
Akatsuki is best served without ponytail.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 2, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
Naotsugu really dose make a good punching bag for Akatsuki
Nov 2, 2013 6:30 PM
Nov 2013
http://s20.postimg.org/bxzz09yvh/Horrible_Subs_Log_Horizon_05_720p_mkv_snaps.jpg
This scence makes me lolz...
I'm more and more into Nyanta now xD.
Nov 2, 2013 6:47 PM

Apr 2012
Finally, food that has flavour!~
Nov 2, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2010
AmberFebruary
I like ur POV, makes lots of sense.

I wonder why would they give those NPCs Russian names? And it's not the first time I see the misuse of name "Mischa". It's used to name guys not girls.
Another thing that bothers me is the score this show managed to get so far. Don't ppl see how great this show is? It deserves more than it gets.
As for the episode, I liked it. It's far more entertaining to get to know how the world works, how people interact within this world instead of watching the MC mindlessly cutting his way through hordes of enemies towards his goal.
Too bad 1 episode lasts for 20 mins. Can't get enough.
Nov 2, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode I guess. Also, Nyanta is pretty cool. lol
Nov 2, 2013 8:11 PM

Nov 2008
Ahhh... Flirting on NPC women. Good ol' stupid times~ xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 2, 2013 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
the cat keeps getting more awesome, Nakai Kazuya is the next villain i hope he wont be as lame as the previous one
Nov 2, 2013 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
that deer sure is ugly good thing its now in the stomach of the leads.. lol and that guy with scars in his face has the voice of Zoro..I know it
Nov 2, 2013 9:20 PM

Jul 2011
This episode gave me Toriko vibe for some reason.
Nov 2, 2013 9:29 PM

Feb 2010
The comedy is holding this down for me, the whole akatsuki thing hitting naotsugu is repetitive as fuck.
Nov 2, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2012
the fact that the mmo feeling and system is pretty well done make this entertaining.
Nov 2, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
i have lingering question what in world is the vampire subclass and how would one level it up.
Nov 3, 2013 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
People are over hyping this show a lot. It's good, but not great.
Chill people.
Nov 3, 2013 1:54 AM
Feb 2013
looks like them they're eating real food this time.
Nov 3, 2013 1:55 AM
Mar 2013
Seriousti said:
Chill people.

Damn those people who like something more than I do! Damn them!

This was great. One moment there was the OP sequence, the other was the preview. Time sure flies when I'm watching this.
Nov 3, 2013 1:25 AM

Sep 2011
Seriousti said:
Chill people.

I could say the same if you overhyped the show and I didn't like as much. Ohwai-.. I never knew opinions existed!

OT: Enjoyable episode, and it looks like we'll get to see more of the people Shiroe met earlier.
Nov 3, 2013 1:47 AM

Oct 2013
I'm digging the emotional side of the anime, it's refreshing to see it being implemented here and there in the midst of this world.
Nov 3, 2013 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
OK episode, those NPC would totally freak me out if I was trapped inside this kind of game.
Nov 3, 2013 4:44 AM
Apr 2013
Would have liked more action but not every episode can be action i suppose. Still good though and I think the next story arc looks nice
I am going to miss the tasteless food gag though, i really liked that one
Nov 3, 2013 5:49 AM

Nov 2010
Ah, there's finally good flavor for food with Chef class logically
That intermission dance was hilarious

The talk at the barn was very meaningful
NPC's turning into real lives

The twins joined an awful guild, just ragequit it already
Nov 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Jun 2013
This party seriously needs some heals! Hopefully Serara joins them and/or they rescue those two kids soon. Looks like the girl <Minori?> is a priest.

Anyway, Akatsuki is my number two adorable character of this season (first one being Kon from Tokyo Ravens of course).
Nov 3, 2013 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
Can't get enough of Akatsuki's cuteness~ D:

Shiroe will definitely help those twins! and i love how every NPC has their own story and distinguishable personality.
ChoroshiNov 3, 2013 9:05 AM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 3, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 2013
Minori and Touya? That intrigues me because these two characters. Maybe they end up being part of the group of Shiroe.
Nov 3, 2013 10:44 AM

Oct 2011
I believe Shiroe will create a new Debauchery Tea Guild. Toya and Mimori will be a part of it. Since we don't know what happen to the original members.
Nov 3, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
They can finally taste food and its all thanks to Nyanta's cooking skills. Those two kids joined one messed up guild.
I wonder if they are going too meet more of the 'Debauchery Tea Party' members.
Nov 3, 2013 12:36 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah it seems the twins and the Shiroe party will meet soon.

Nov 3, 2013 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
A slave labour guild? Nasty.

They're right - the world is slowly breaking down.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 3, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
liked this episode, liked how the NPCs are like real people and not something like soulless husks that can't do anything and have personalities. I also hope that they can do something for those kids at some point.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 3, 2013 2:41 PM
Dec 2012
Damn this show is awesome.
Nov 3, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:

While you are right that it seems a bit unnatural how everyone are just fine with being stuck I think it would probably hurt the show if they made a plot point out of getting back.

I feel like the biggest strength of this show is how it actually feels like an mmo. This feeling would be totally ruined if they all just wanted to get out because that is not something you want to do in an mmo.

As for the show getting darker I think that it very well could. But not in the direction that you seem to be thinking of. I think that the npc interaction in this episode will be important. Remember that this game is not like in SAO when they used virtual reality helmets. This was just an ordinary game that you played in front of a monitor like wow. Add to that how they have no idea how they got there, how real all their senses feel and now how npcs have personalities and act exactly like real humans.

Imagine if this happened to you with for example wow. Yes you could be stuck in a game and this could all be some sort of virtual reality. But there is also the possibility that you have been transported to another world. One were everything just happen to look like a game you've been playing.

How would you act? would it be ok to kill npcs? Should you treat everything as a game or as another world. Imagine if the same thing happened but with a book. You would probably treat that differently, but should you?

I think a premise like that could be just as dark as the "oh god let me out" motive that SAO used. It also has a lot more depth and could probably keep the mmo feel of the show. I really hope LH goes down this path ^^
Natr1xNov 3, 2013 3:00 PM
Nov 3, 2013 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Got to say, this show is definitely growing on me. I wasn't exactly intrigued at first, but..
Nov 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2010
That feeling that you're playing an MMO is there, it really is!
Although I LOVED SAO, I don't want another plot about escaping a virtual world, and that's where Log Horizon is being awesome!
If that were to happen in real life, I believe the players would be more concerned about being there, with many questions to answer. But hey, it's only on episode 5, let's see what's going to happen! :D
Nov 3, 2013 5:04 PM

Dec 2008
NYANTAAAA!!!!
I just love this show! It's not the best character design, animation, or even artwork...but that doesn't take away from how enjoyable this show is to watch!!

I am itching to find out all of their back-stories and what they each look like IRL. I'm especially curious about Nyanta and Shiroe. Reveal soon, please! The anticipation is killing me.

BTW, does anyone know just how it is they're linked up to the game? Is it a neuro-link type thing like in SAO? Or, were they physically transported somewhere like in Btooom? Well, the latter really doesn't explain the game-play characteristics. I'm so curious.
Nov 3, 2013 5:30 PM
Jan 2012
A mostly chill episode. Nice to get more familiar with the characters past as well as some more insight to the world they're in. Kinda like that ED too lol.
Nov 3, 2013 7:46 PM
Aug 2013
Very good episode. I enjoyed watching it, I wonder what would make nyanta want to have chef as a subclass
Nov 3, 2013 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
PierceTheNHK said:
I think its safe to say the twins will team up with the Shiroe

Yup Im sure thats going to happen next episode
Nov 4, 2013 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

BTW, does anyone know just how it is they're linked up to the game? Is it a neuro-link type thing like in SAO? Or, were they physically transported somewhere like in Btooom? Well, the latter really doesn't explain the game-play characteristics. I'm so curious.

Well as for the moment they have no idea how they got there. And the game was not some neuro-link thing when they played it earlier. I would say that judging by the npcs they have been transported to another world or something. Might as well be magic as technology at this point.
Nov 4, 2013 3:51 AM
Feb 2009
lots of funny moments this episode
Nov 4, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
Finally the food tastes like something. I am sure the joy of rediscovering taste can easily become like heaven on earth. One can only be impressed how smart Nyanta was in choosing his sub-occupation.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 4:03 AM
Oct 2013
Love this anime. Another good episode. A break sure is nice. Explaining the game's new mechanics and the simple interaction of characters both NPC and Players giving you a slice of (game) life, sure gives a resfreshing feeling.
Nov 4, 2013 6:41 AM

Dec 2011
This episode made me really hungry
Nov 4, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Great episode as always 4 members have been introduced another 4 are left to be seen 3 of which have already been foreshadowed so they should be in the group by next week yeah :)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.