Forum Settings
Forums

4-Panel Manga 'Oneechan ga Kita' to be Animated

New
Oct 15, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2012
On the official site of "Manga Life" magazine, a cover scan has been posted announcing that a TV anime adaptation of "Oneechan ga Kita" has been green-lit. The anime is expected to begin airing January 2014. No other details have been given at this time.

Source: Manga Life official site, Cover scan (top left for announcement)

Oneechan ga Kita on MAL
NaruleachOct 20, 2013 12:42 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 15, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, this Tomoya Mizuhara's life is about to change according to the brief synopsis I've just read.
Oct 15, 2013 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
I don't see harem anywhere...?
Oct 15, 2013 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
This look like something you will watch between leftover fall anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 15, 2013 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
This is going to be good

Oct 15, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm cute shota boy. Might be interesting.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Oct 15, 2013 10:41 PM

May 2011
Another weird title eh?
Oct 15, 2013 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Going to keep my eye out for this one!
Oct 15, 2013 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
This will most likely be a 5 minute ecchi/siscon/harem anime, having a 4koma of these common genres being animated is interesting.

Oct 15, 2013 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
LOL another incest anime ? well, eventhough they're not blood-related.....
japan sure loves this kind of thing....
gotta watch
Oct 16, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Hoppy said:
This will most likely be a 5 minute ecchi/siscon/harem anime, having a 4koma of these common genres being animated is interesting.

I could see it being 5 minutes but I hope this one is full length. Why do you think it will only be 5 minutes?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 16, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
Wind_Sr said:

Source: Manga Life official site, Cover scan (top right for annoucement)
I think it is top left for the announcement....(it is so tiny) Anyway, corrected..

Brocon and siscon are truly the trend these days. You have seen NOTHING if you already complain about about it in the anime. In LN and manga there are even more...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 16, 2013 1:57 AM

Jun 2010
Lame.
Oct 16, 2013 4:07 AM
May 2012
I'm going to watch this because it looks fun to watch and I just hope that it will be a 24 minutes per episode :D
Oct 16, 2013 4:24 AM

Aug 2013
"Ichika's friend Ruri is the ultimate sadist"
There is sadist 8) I'll watch it

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Oct 16, 2013 5:33 AM

Feb 2012
Reminds me of Kiss x Sis~
Oct 16, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
I would question anime's fascination with sibling love, but then I'd have to question America soap opera fascination with fart jokes. Chalk it up to culture difference and call it a day.
Oct 16, 2013 6:26 AM
Jun 2013
symbv said:

Brocon and siscon are truly the trend these days. You have seen NOTHING if you already complain about about it in the anime. In LN and manga there are even more...

They are indeed common, but isn't that these things are generally refer to elder brother, younger sister dynamic? This manga is the exact opposite.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Oct 16, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
murazrai said:

They are indeed common, but isn't that these things are generally refer to elder brother, younger sister dynamic? This manga is the exact opposite.
While elder brother/younger sister combination is indeed more common, there are now quite a lot of manga/LN that is about elder sister/younger brother siscon/brocon. I think just right off my head I can think of at least half a dozen manga that is like this manga, with elder sister having a brocon complex towards her younger brother...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 16, 2013 6:37 AM

Nov 2008
oh boy feel sorry for the dude
Oct 16, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
kuuurt said:
I don't know how to feel about this. Is the manga TL'ed?

I don't believe so. I didn't look that hard, but I did look and couldn't find it. Since this is getting animated maybe someone will take the time to TL it now.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 16, 2013 8:04 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
murazrai said:

While elder brother/younger sister combination is indeed more common, there are now quite a lot of manga/LN that is about elder sister/younger brother siscon/brocon. I think just right off my head I can think of at least half a dozen manga that is like this manga, with elder sister having a brocon complex towards her younger brother...

I wonder why non of the older sister and younger brother manga and LNs aren't being animated? I want siscon anime with an elder sister.

Oct 16, 2013 8:18 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
I wonder why non of the older sister and younger brother manga and LNs aren't being animated? I want siscon anime with an elder sister.
Perhaps it is deemed that the time has not come yet for anime of this kind of subject? For example, there were non-stop rumors about Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki getting animated but this never materialized and the manga has now ended for years. Recently the rumor shifted to Ane Log but at the end it turns out it is Oneechan ga Kita which wins the race to be animated...
symbvOct 16, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 16, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Sibling love certainly the hottest thing in the industry right now.
Oct 16, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
Hoppy said:

You Are (Not) Alone
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 16, 2013 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
I don't have high expectations for this anime, but I'll watch it anyway.
Oct 16, 2013 2:52 PM

May 2011
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
murazrai said:

I tend to like both either way, but I do like seeing older sisters too. Nice to have one finally getting animated.
Oct 16, 2013 2:56 PM
Jul 2012
bleh.
Hoppy said:
This will most likely be a 5 minute ecchi/siscon/harem anime.

This is going to be more likely this. Don't like it.
Nov 16, 2013 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
This anime will be airing on Wednesday, starting on January 8, 2014. 27:00~ on TOKYO MX. (That means January 9, 2014 2:00AM regular time)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2013 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
SalemWitch said:
I don't see harem anywhere...?

Lol first thing I said as well.
Nov 27, 2013 3:57 AM

Sep 2012
Glorified statutory rape. Yay.
Nov 27, 2013 4:50 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
Glorified statutory rape. Yay.
I wonder in what way it is...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
38 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.