Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 9, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2013
never get bored of watching and rewatching op and ed

what an intense start, LOVE it!!!!, 5/5

for me i think it is a candidate for best anime of this fall
Oct 9, 2013 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
KyoAni showing off their excellent animation with that fight. It's like they're saying "yeah 'cause we can" xD *cough* someone please make a gif of that *cough*

5/5 because Akkey's mom is awesome.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 9, 2013 10:15 PM

Mar 2013
The voice of Akkey really bothers me, i feel like it doesn't fit to his personality at all. No offense to the seiyuu...
Oct 9, 2013 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
The only appeal of this series apparently is the action/fighting scenes, because the forced humour is really upsetting and a little bit irritating. Why are they picking so much on Akihito?

I get that they always tease the beta MC, but i think that the MC teasing got a lot way of the line in this episode. Literally everyone introduced, aside from little loli youmu, was teasing him and getting a rough time. He isn't a bad guy, nor it's funny when they do it.... That being said, i don't get how the jokes are made in Kyoani studios.
removed-userOct 9, 2013 11:11 PM
Oct 9, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
Dat mom "Isn't it wonderful to have a big-busted mother with a few screws loose?" Yes, for us viewers it is :p
Oct 9, 2013 11:12 PM

Mar 2012
This doesn't answer any question yet add many.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 9, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
I think I am hooked with yet another KyoAni anime. They know what they are doing!

The tray holding scene was so KyoAni like! Love how they do it, time and again, and I never get tired of them! Kuriyama was so cute there!<3

And the ED is so wonderful! I think it is the best ED song of all the anime that started this season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 10, 2013 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode, Mostly in this is to strengthened Mirai character, and getting to join Akihito's club. That fight scene in the beginning was entertaining and most of the characters were enjoyable to watch.

As for the OP and ED, they fit pretty well for the anime.

Oct 10, 2013 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
The fight at the start was... wow.

Akkey's mum was so funny i couldn't help but felt embarrassed for him too :P

Cant wait for the hollow-shadow youmu to appear!!
Oct 10, 2013 12:58 AM

Nov 2012
the fight scene really looked nice. the visuals are really great..
but i felt this episode had lots of unnecessary talking and lots of questions remain unanswered...
Oct 10, 2013 1:23 AM

Oct 2011
Wow I fucking love this show man. I don't like when the ED starts playing though but this has to be one GOAT ED.

Also why do they make all the endings so cliffhanger, this one and last week. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 10, 2013 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
Solid episode, hopefully can only get better from here really enjoying this so far :D
Oct 10, 2013 2:07 AM
Jan 2012
I really love this show, its probably my favorite of the season, I thought that this season will be bad and I almost didnt start this :/ but there are allot of good shows :D
Oct 10, 2013 2:15 AM
Apr 2012
A better episode this week. More solid plot, less boring, less moe, but still some lingering problems. Namely Mirai's little "catchphrase" and all the glasses and pervert comments about Akkey sounding REALLY forced and out of place. The whole Hollow Shadow thing seems interesting, and I thought bringing in more supernatural elements was a good decision. Still a little slow moving, but good. And the animation is gorgeous, as always.
Oct 10, 2013 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
That fight was awesome! Loving all the girls so far, great cast <3 And Akihito's mom....dayum.

Wait only 13 episodes?? D:<!
Oct 10, 2013 4:30 AM

Aug 2008
Oh no, not this crappy cliche again. 'I killed someone, I don't have the right to live among other people, I'm a monsteeeerrrr'. Don't they ever get tired of this? How about a character who would say 'yeah, I killed someone and I live on without whining like a little bitch' for a change?

This show could be so much better without this blob in glasses.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2010
Akihito's mom lol.
New characters that I like so far, it continues to be enjoyable.
Oh yes, the ending is lovely.
Oct 10, 2013 5:07 AM

Dec 2012
I think people are being too hard on this show and that's coming from someone who is usually biased to Kyo ani. I expected a slice of life anime with fantasy elements that is not plot heavy and I got that. I wish it never becomes too dark that would be boring. Enjoyable episode 4/5.
Oct 10, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
eh I thought the comedy was quite good in this episode.
But yeah, the I killed someone card has been played many times before and it's not that surprising considering she stabbed a complete stranger even if she thought it was a youma.
Oct 10, 2013 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
So, after Coppelion this is confirmed to be another disappointment of this season.

I mean, hands into armpits, neko-cliche mother really? Come on! It's not even funny, more like it's weird.
Not to talk about this really bad setting.

And maybe it's just me but some voices felt really off for their characters.
Oct 10, 2013 6:27 AM

Jan 2010
Well below the first episode, but still manages to be very good, especially in the first minutes KyoAni animating fights very well, but in the anime comedy owes much, bad jokes and clichés further level KyoAni. The story is not much left of the place and we were not knowing many things, except for the short flashbacks and unnecessary drama of Kiriyama.

I hope that history will focus more on suspense than in Slice of Life and drama of the characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 10, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
shanimebib said:
I think I am hooked with yet another KyoAni anime. They know what they are doing!

The tray holding scene was so KyoAni like! Love how they do it, time and again, and I never get tired of them! Kuriyama was so cute there!<3

And the ED is so wonderful! I think it is the best ED song of all the anime that started this season!

I agree. The scene with the onigiri was so funny. xD I like this kind of stuff. ^^ And I like the way they unfold the story bit by bit. BAM „I killed someone … *sad“! No „Yo, and ya know? I killed someone, but thats okay. Its the stuff the audience wants to see anyway and it was obvious since this show startet“. And other stuff like the introduction of new characters within the fluent way things happen in the show. Its not like in other shows where they introduce the persons with „Hi camera, I'm Shin, I'm new to school here and I want to become the captain of the baseball team and this is my best friend Taku blablaandsoon“. I mean, I dont have the feeling, that the charas are introduced directly to me to show, whom I'm dealing with. No, the simply let the persons tell and do some stuff and you automaticly get to know some relationships as if you would stand beside those charas. You know, what I mean? I like this kind of storytelling.

The ED is well done and truly fantastic, but I like the songs from the Log Horizon ED and the Uuchuu Kyoudai ED more. So: Best ED, but not best song. ^^ I like it when the producers fade in the ED song while the last scenes of the episode are still on screen. In ep1 this was so great.

Cant wait for ep3! =)
Oct 10, 2013 6:54 AM

Feb 2012
A bit of a step up from the previous episode. I actually liked the jokes~ Not saying they're that funny though. Just enough to make me smile.
Oct 10, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
Liked this episode more than the first, to be honest. It made many things clearer for me.

And Akihito's mum is the best. I laughed way too hard at the scene. Never expected that!
Oct 10, 2013 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was enjoyable.
Loved the fight scene.
And the mom.
Oct 10, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2010
Having seen the Commercial of this one and Free!
I didn't expect the second episode to be that great action wise

The story is intriguing and there is a fine balance between lighthearted and seriousness
Thank you Kyoani!
Oct 10, 2013 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
I think I already predict how the series will progress. But nonetheless, I am enjoying this anime ;D

That animation. That moe. -feels good-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 10, 2013 9:11 AM
Mar 2010
"Ineptia" said:
Typically, you don't begin a relationship with someone when you chase them down with malicious intent. I don't think she was expecting him to be so understanding about it.

"Typically".. yes.. But I define a relationship between two people as ~there was a moment where both had anything to do with each other - a moment of interaction!
She interacted with him - she is in a relationship; what type of sort doesnt matter.
Furthermore, it doesnt actually matter whether she expected him to be understanding.

"Ineptia" said:
And since he's immortal she is fulfilling her obligations as a spirit warrior (hunting youmu) without actually killing them.

Why wasnt she then "fullfilling" her duty at heir own house - her own room? She had to drag him along?

"Ineptia" said:
She is nonchalant about it, because she knows there are no repercussions (excluding his pain) unlike death.

But she is chalant with the youmu at home?
... See, lots of inconsistencies!

"Ineptia" said:
I'm not too big a fan of the guilt from murder concept though.
And people throw around the idea of "generic" so much as if they expected there was something truly original that human eyes have not seen before.
I'm not some staunch defender of the show, but I think there are some answers to your questions.

I agree, you cant only have non-generic. But you can have a specific level of non-generic!
Nowadays, most animes mostly contain relatively generic characters!
There are ofc exceptions and those animes also mostly turn out to be very interesting and above the 95% crap thats also "mostly" mainstream to which ppl reply like ~"Aww, kawaii.. " bullcrap!
Its like the anime industry (&manga) mainly targets horny loners because they are more easy and that way, they can make profit easier. I think they are uncreative and lazy to come up with original stuff - or its just hard. Therefore they use those tools/recipes to create story devices they then can use.. Cheap!

Doesnt have to make sense, but thats whats lingering in my mind for a long time now.
Im an otaku. But i hate the term otaku or rather the "target group" otaku.
Its like those studios assume everyone (especially otakus) is easy to satisfy.
We are not all dribbly mouthed anime lovers!
Oct 10, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
I ended up watching the part with the guy's mom FIVE times LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
Still too moe for my tastes. Can they please just stick to one type of seriousness? I don't like the random "cutesy" moments ruining an action scene. The comedy is a hit-and-miss, but a miss for me. I fangirled really hard when Tatsun's character finally appeared.

But I will keep watching.
Oct 10, 2013 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
Oh well this episode was better than the last one oO
Also I love the mother lol
Oct 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
Enjoying the show so far, mostly just for the amazing animation. I just hope it doesn't turn into a predictable romance between Mirai and Akihito "Us against the world" type of thing.
Oct 10, 2013 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
i love the scene where Mitsuki said that Akihitio should die xD

http://imgur.com/sdXk5PG
Oct 10, 2013 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
I can't believe that people thought Obnoxious Busty Mom (TM) was funny. That scene was a horrible attempt at comedy, even by KyoAni's dangerously low standards.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 10, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
Well i am somewhat interested in this anime, and it looked less like a Chuunibyou clone this episode.
Main girl is still a bit strange tho and need some more explanation the others characters aren't well developed yet either, tho it's only the second episode so can't ask for to much.
Currently even tho it looks interesting i still have question marks with this anime, it has a darker setting and more action then we usually see in a KyoAni anime.
And i am glad to see them do something different for ones but still not sure about this anime itself.
Oct 10, 2013 12:26 PM

Oct 2007
Araby said:
I can't believe that people thought Obnoxious Busty Mom (TM) was funny. That scene was a horrible attempt at comedy, even by KyoAni's dangerously low standards.

I don't know man, doesn't make much sense to me either as that was definitely the low point of the episode for me. They're really trying way to hard to make the comedic bits work but it just doesn't mesh with the vibe of the rest of the show and the whole spirit world mythos thing somehow. A lot of the gags just feel there for the sake of being there, it's a really hard to describe feeling.
Oct 10, 2013 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
Urgh I don't think I would be watching this anime if it wasn't for the gorgeous animation and fight scenes.

This series is so slow and boring? All the attempts at humor are just girl jokes. Like was his mother really needed? That was just a horrible attempt at being funny and I guess was just...another thing they are known for. Moe ladies. It seems that is all they really are doing with this show. It makes me sad because I see no personality in the main character yet other than cliche heroine with glasses. (While she does fight great though) Just...everything about this series is pretty generic which is disappointing.

Still, I will watch it in hopes it gets better. The plot itself does sound interesting. Maybe when they actually get to it the series will be worthwhile, because honestly I got nothing of plot other than that there are demons to fight and lots of beautiful women around.
Oct 10, 2013 1:31 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
I ended up watching the part with the guy's mom FIVE times LOL

A very funny but subtle joke is that there is such a thing as a "cat woman" in Japanese mythology, so the deadpan joke from the shop owner and the MC's, no she's the human one, was perfect

Extremely good fight scene, yet another cliffhanger ending to make you watch the next episode, KyoAni once again shows their chops in demanding attention from viewers, even if they don't particularly like something about the story KyoAni is like crack, it is hard to stop watching.

Now personally I think this series has been very good, it has done and extremely good job at building the world and showing the multiple splits in both Youma, Spirit Hunters, and Human societies. They have already shown that the MC can be hurt and that the Female MC has a lot more power that hasn't been shown (to the extent that if completely released the "immortal" MC may not prove to be that immortal). So good foreshadowing all around, boding well for future episodes.
Oct 10, 2013 2:16 PM

Dec 2012
The anime is getting more interesting now; espiecially with the first episode being a drag :3 That nice little cliffhanger at the end :3
Oct 10, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2011
Finally a new show I don't have to force myself to watch. I enjoy it from start to finish.
Oct 10, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2011
I'm on my way.. from what i see, it seems that the episode is that good
Oct 10, 2013 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
dat fight !
Oct 10, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
awesome awesome :3
I love it :3
hmm I see there are so much youmi around :p
btw I really like the OP XD
Oct 10, 2013 5:00 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was so much better than the first one, that's good. Still not enough to keep me interested though.
Hope this gets more interesting as time goes on.
Oct 10, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2012
This anime is pure crap, it is very boring. I only liked MC mother scene

I think I drop it because there so many better shows this fall
Oct 10, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2013
who doesnt love a free spirit
Oct 10, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
God, the OP is nice, but the ED is just GODLY.
I like Akihito so far, but sometimes it seems kinda cliche with the whole everyone-hate-on-the-male-lead thing. Some jokes make me smile, but some fall flat.
I like how they compare youmu to mammals, and how not all youmus are flat out monsters.
A huge boobed mom that acts like a child? ._. How cliche is that? *coughToradora*cough*
The action scene was AHMAZING. I've watched that a bunch of times.
I already like Hiromi a lot haha.
Hmm, still deciding whether Mirai is just a stereotypical moe blob (who also happens to be a badass).
With the whole "I killed someone" thing, I REALLY hope they can make it work. I don't want some "I couldn't save her so therefore I killed her" bullshit. And I don't want Akihito to be totally cool with it either. I want Mirai to SUFFER (not cause I hate her, but just to make the anime darker).
I really hope they can make this anime darker and less slice-of-life(but not totally take it away) because it has a lot of potential.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Oct 10, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2013
Great animation. Another anime with potential, hope it doesn't flop. His mom is purrfect nya. I don't really like any of the characters yet but Mirai killing someone is interesting, I hope they do something good with that.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 10, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
great animation on the beginning fight scene! can't wait for nest weeks ep
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Oct 10, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2011
They gotta tone down the in-combat comedy, but looking forward to future developments
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.