Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2013 1:03 AM

Jan 2012
If you guys have not herd about this fighting game yet, you may like the cast of chars they are putting in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sllVigl8n1E
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2013
I wish this get port to the PS3/PS Vita.
Oct 8, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
kiseki_no_Arisa said:
I wish this get port to the PS3/PS Vita.

It's been greenlit for "handheld and/or home console release" on top of the arcade version, chances are high the Vita will be what it's on. I'm only interested because of biribiri.
Oct 8, 2013 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
Lol....Kirino. I want it just for the laffs now.

But I love fighters. And Shana is in it, so I'm down.
Oct 8, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
I love these type of fighter games, as in fast paced, though I usually suck ass at them.

Anyways, been seeing a lot of topics and such about the game on Sankaku and I think siliconera. Wouldn't be surprise if they start adding some ridiculous characters. I do like how they're using the novel character designs though.
Oct 8, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2007
Paul said:
I love these type of fighter games, as in fast paced, though I usually suck ass at them.

Anyways, been seeing a lot of topics and such about the game on Sankaku and I think siliconera. Wouldn't be surprise if they start adding some ridiculous characters. I do like how they're using the novel character designs though.

They sort of have to. The game is Dengeki Bunko which is the light novel publication from Dengeki, so the game can't really use the anime/manga versions. I mean, legally I'm sure they could as it's all owned by the same big company, but it would defeat the purpose of the game being Dengeki BUNKO fighting climax. Not disagreeing that it's nice at all, just saying it does make the most sense in the context, if they didn't use the novel designs they would be contradicting with the title.

Kirino is pretty ridiculous in a fighter, but it seems like they want to stick to the more popular light novels they have, so we'll see hwat else they toss in prior to release - and possibly for the console/handheld version as they no doubt will add one or two for that.
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2013 8:22 PM
Oct 8, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
That's actually real?! when I first saw it at sakuracomplex I thought it was a joke or some king of fan-made mugen. It looks exactly like guilty gear or blaze blue just different character and special moves. I will probably not buy it if it's announced for the PS3, I'm good at fighting game but I don't like this type as much. waiting for JoJo English release

I wonder if it will reach the level of it being in a legit fighting game tournament in Japan or better yet USA that would be hilarious xD.

Edit: Wtf Kirino? LOOOL, I hope people beat the shit out of her in the game and upload it for fun.
tsudecimoOct 8, 2013 8:33 PM
Oct 8, 2013 11:11 PM
Apr 2008
*Add to cart*

Well another reason because I wanna beat Kirino
Oct 9, 2013 1:05 AM

May 2013
Fighting Climax ay? Fitting title :P
Oct 9, 2013 4:38 AM

Sep 2011
LOL at Kirino hate.

Also, from what I've heard recently, they only have one guy which is Shizuo from Drrr. I wonder if they have some plans to increase their male roster.

Oct 11, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
they didnt want my money when they decided to make Mikoto playable instead of Touma
oh well, his assist is kickass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DhKBKkQ07iI

Oct 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2008
Kenju said:
they didnt want my money when they decided to make Mikoto playable instead of Touma
oh well, his assist is kickass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DhKBKkQ07iI

Mikoto is more popular than Touma although he should've been playable anyway. I'm more interested in the future unveilings, if Kirino can get in, Tsurara from Baby Princess could as well.

Oct 11, 2013 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
This game looks fun.

I'm sad that Touma isn't playable, but Mikoto is really coo too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 11, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
Is this the new Melty Blood?
Oct 11, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
Some videos of the actual gameplay are available now:

http://youtu.be/6bscU4VP5Lk
http://youtu.be/WvI55ZpNwsI
http://youtu.be/B91ioGPKD-0
http://youtu.be/7JXPayWIu74
http://youtu.be/fh8JSUy2VEM

>biribiri has a move that makes the soda machine appear so she can chaser kick it

aw yiss

yazio said:
Is this the new Melty Blood?

Well, on a very technical level - there is a difference in that Melty Blood is a doujin game, while this is a fully official game. Type-Moon did co-create Melty Blood (they did the writing for the story, nothing else if I recall) - however it was mostly made by a secondary doujin circle, not to mention TM is a doujin circle in the first place.

While this is more of an official game title rather than that - which is also why it's being released normally rather than at comiket.

But, in general, yeah it's kind of the same idea. Though it really depends on how good the gameplay is if it'll pick up or not. Melty Blood gained popularity because it's an extremely smooth and fast paced fighter - most fighting games are slow, clunky, put-the-combo-in-and-then-see-it-happen type of games, while MB everything happens right as you press the buttons. It's extremely responsive and the art is nice even in the first release, let alone now. You can't really tell how responsive and quick a game like this is without actually playing it yourself though.

Another issue is that it really depends on what this game releases on aside the arcades. If it releases only on handhelds - no, it won't be anything close to MB.

If it releases on home console, especially PS3 or PS4? Yeah, it'll have a good chance of huge success (with good gameplay).

If it releases on the PC as well as console, like MB? Even better.
TallonKarrde23Oct 11, 2013 2:17 PM
Oct 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
If it releases on home console, especially PS3 or PS4? Yeah, it'll have a good chance of huge success (with good gameplay).

If it releases on the PC as well as console, like MB? Even better.

Pretty much my mindset at the moment. I doubt it'll be localized though, and I'm not quite interested in importing a Japanese version.

Since Touma annoys the hell out of me, I'm really glad that they chose Mikoto over him. Same with their choice of Kuroyukihime over Silver Crow.
Dec 4, 2013 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Yay! PC & English version please~

Umm.. How about Taiga & Ryuji?? xD
They must be in this game
And how about Maou & Emi? Kanda & Mashiro? Sorry for asking for difficult things xD

TallonKarrde23 said:

I'm only interested because of biribiri.

Biribiri & TouMAN!!
You can't just ignore their "connection" for each other xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 4, 2013 9:25 AM

Feb 2013
STILL....WAITING...

WANT...TO PLAY......
NAO!
Apr 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
Apr 27, 2014 5:05 PM

Feb 2014
A game that lets me beat up Asuna... I'm sold!!
Apr 27, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
heard about it and can't wait for a PS3 version.
Jul 4, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2008
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-coming-ps3-ps-vita-japan-fall

I wish it came a little later, that roster is far too small for fighting game standards.

Jul 4, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
/sigh...It'd probably sell better in the West.

The roster probably won't be a huge issue in the long run. Lots of fighters get add-ins over time. Be nice if some of those support characters could be made playable, though. Holo~
Jul 4, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
I dunno, I'd still say that roster is very small. If they're just taking light novel characters, there's a lot more characters they could have probably added.

Anyone know if each character has their own set of commands or is it your generic 2D anime fighter game where everyone the exact same commands with different animations?
Jul 4, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2012
Thread merged
Aug 6, 2014 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
To Hoppy and Paul:
Small rooster, gimme a break, you guys must be new or not playing fighting games too much. Every fighting game starts with few charaters. Hence the first BalzBlue game Blazblue: Calamity Trigger started with 12 charaters, and how many chars Dengeki has now..oh wait..12! And I also read they are planning to add more charaters so probably the rooster will be 14-16 at PS3 release, and maybe more coz home console realease involves console only charaters.

As for command lists:
Every charater has 3-4 special moves and 3 super armor/clashing moves called Impact moves (a dash an overhead and an anti-air) and 2x unique super moves called Climax moves

You guys can learn more about it in:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8510-dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-gameplay-primer-and-discussion/

Relunx
Aug 6, 2014 8:08 AM
May 2009
Gonna be picking up some second hand versions to bring back to UK in october when I go to Japan.
Aug 6, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Pisses me off Asuna and Kirito are playable, yet only Kuroyukihime from AW is and Silver Crow is support. Gtfo game.
Aug 6, 2014 9:04 AM
Jul 2009
I'll get it as soon as the japanese version gets released.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Aug 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
Would play simply because of French Bread, despite the fact that I dislike most (if not all) of the roster.

Be still my beating heart if another Melty is ever announced.

Until then, UNIEL will have to suffice.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Aug 6, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2013
Amazing roster except for Kirino. Not that I particularly dislike her or anything, but why put a non-fighter in a fighting game? It's unrealistic. I can see pretty much every other character on here be realistically even when it comes to fighting ability, but not some ordinary high school girl. I mean, hell, if you're gonna do that, you might as well put the cast of K-On in the bloody game too.

Still looking forward to this, but damn dude.
Aug 6, 2014 4:05 PM
Jun 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
Amazing roster except for Kirino. Not that I particularly dislike her or anything, but why put a non-fighter in a fighting game? It's unrealistic. I can see pretty much every other character on here be realistically even when it comes to fighting ability, but not some ordinary high school girl. I mean, hell, if you're gonna do that, you might as well put the cast of K-On in the bloody game too.

Still looking forward to this, but damn dude.

She's one of Dengeki's most popular female characters. It doesn't really make sense for her to be a fighter, but given that this game is really about providing fans with something they'll enjoy, it makes sense to have her (as weird as it is).
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Aug 7, 2014 12:01 AM

Jan 2014
some pics of dengeki bunko fc from my local arcade: http://imgur.com/a/O9gSQ
http://kagami77.imgur.com/
Latest event pictures: Lucky Star Hiiragi Sister's Birthday Event (7/7), Nisekoifes (6/22), Wake Up, Girls! FESTA. (4/27)
Oct 15, 2014 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty late but

Kinda want it now but still have the feeling there won't be much variety in the attacks. Like the Persona 4 Arena games where each character just has a distance variation for each move set.
Oct 15, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
Paul said:
Pretty late but

Kinda want it now but still have the feeling there won't be much variety in the attacks. Like the Persona 4 Arena games where each character just has a distance variation for each move set.
Wut? Taiga when? Did I miss her on the original roster? Lol, her special is the beat down she gets into with Sumire. Nice.
Oct 16, 2014 2:39 AM

Mar 2013
2D fighting game with so many anime characters = "Shut Up And Take My Money"

no release date outside of japen :(
Oct 16, 2014 3:17 AM

Oct 2014
Most of the characters I want to use the most are just supports ; ; (Maou, Silver Crow, Touma and Accelerator) I guess I'll settle for using Taiga and Shana. It would've been great if The Devil is a Part-timer got Emi as a battle character at least but ah well. Also im kinda surprised that there arent any Baccano characters in this.
Oct 16, 2014 9:23 AM

Feb 2013
Masu29 said:
Also im kinda surprised that there arent any Baccano characters in this.
For some reason they seem to have left out quite a few that should have been obvious choices. I mean, they did some silly shit by putting in Kirino and Tomoka which you wouldn't normally associate or even expect to find in something like a fighting game.

But why not Fear Kubrick? Out of many of the characters here, she'd have great applications with her arsenal of cursed tools. Or what about Gasai Yuno? That psycho should have been in here without question. Or if you want to continue the "oddball" character trend, how about Isurugi Mio? If you give her a bat, she actually makes more sense than Kirino. And speaking of Kirino, why not Nogizaka Haruka? Kirino vs. Haruka would be like a dream match.

HELL, WHY NOT DOKKOIDA??? (lol)

It seems like the game is just a popularity contest, but I guess I'm okay with it as it is.

One I'd REALLY have liked to see, though they'd probably never consider it because of it's age, is Gokudou. Swordsman Extraordinaire, ultimate trash talker, womanizer and fart machine! Ah, the nostalgia.
Oct 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
NTAD said:

It seems like the game is just a popularity contest, but I guess I'm okay with it as it is.

That, and/or a waifu fest. Of course Shizuo is popular enough to warrant being in it, I dunno how Kirito is viewed by the japanese though. They have no clue how much money i'd give them for either Ladd Ruso and Graham Specter as a support, or the Rail Tracer with Chane as a support.

Also I would LOVE if Gasai Yuno was in this :D I'd say maybe shes not in cause they don't want people going to town on all the moe waifus with mega slaughterhouse Yuno, but we have friggin Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles. They're gonna get wrecked regardless XD
Jan 29, 2015 8:14 AM
Jan 29, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2013

I would have been happy with this if it was at least a half decent fighting game. After playing Blazblue, Arcana Hearts and Guilty Gear, it's so hard to go back to something like this :/

Also, I'm so very disappointed that Touma isn't playable and that the bug zapper is instead, but then again this is Waifu Wars - The Game.
Jan 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
If anyone was wondering the game is officially coming West Summer 2015!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-coming-to-ps3-vita-this-year/

Add me on PSN: edgehead22
XBL: iamDTS
3DS: 4270-2870-9578
Jan 29, 2015 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
Glad I did not import and pay extra.
Jan 29, 2015 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
YIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My hype died a little already though.
Jan 29, 2015 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
Dark_Chaos said:
I would have been happy with this if it was at least a half decent fighting game. After playing Blazblue, Arcana Hearts and Guilty Gear, it's so hard to go back to something like this :/

By this post, can I assume it's just gonna be one of those fighting games where every combo is just the same thing with a different variation? (Like Persona 4)
Jan 30, 2015 2:25 AM
Mar 2011
stlll a better fingter than smash
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 30, 2015 2:33 AM
Mar 2011
DoubleC said:
FGAU1912 said:
stlll a better fingter than smash

b-but Smash has 2 games in EVO!

this has deeper moves sets than smash and it will be and battlegourd this year[ the big Japanese pro tirtmaent
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 30, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
It's good that more Japanese fighting games get international releases but i'm going for J-Stars Victory VS+ that's also coming out this summer.
Jan 30, 2015 12:42 PM

May 2013
Paul said:
Dark_Chaos said:

By this post, can I assume it's just gonna be one of those fighting games where every combo is just the same thing with a different variation? (Like Persona 4)

Yep, but worse. Persona 4 Arena had the "press one button repeatedly to do a big combo", but that was never effective in competitive play. In DBFC, you can do a big combo by mashing one button all day and you're never punished for it. On top of that, all the characters feel the same.

Despite the hilariously bad voices, this video pretty much sums up my feelings on the game
Jan 30, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
Asuna is best girl.

Misaka isn't too far behind, tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
6 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.